The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:26 AM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
I post more in the staff rooms now than I posted on the forums as a normal member. I know we should try connect with members, but hell, I go to university full-time, and work on top of that, as well as enjoying a busy social life. Somehow I still manage a few hours for PC per-day, if I had to also add a larger array of activity on the boards outside of the staff rooms than I do now, I'd explode. I'm not even the busiest on H-staff. Unless you think my activity on the boards is reasonable, otherwise I can see it being a challenge. Not impossible, but certainly an added stress factor.
Something I posted in the staff lounge recently. The same applies here. However, in saying this, I am going to make more of an effort to post out in the open...you'd just be surprised how much discussion goes on, even to make the small decisions. I admit I get caught up in it, and should do more to post more generally. Either way, I like to think every staff member (whether open on the general forum or not) is doing something to contribute to PC that improves it in some way.
Old November 7th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Nuke

Nature: Relaxed
In over seven years on the site, I can honestly say I've never been unhappy with the staff on the site. I've never had a problem with any member of staff and I've had nice dialogue with many of them from time to time though I realise I usually don't hang around long enough to strike up any major friendships.

I'd like to think I've never caused too much of a problem for the mods, I have a couple of tellings off from a long time ago for not meeting the minimum post count for roleplaying which was hopefully a minor indiscretion that didn't bother the particular member of staff at the time too much. I suspect when I originally signed up I may have posted a few threads in the wrong place, but I was ten years old and I imagine it has long since been forgotten about.

At the moment, the forum seems very well moderated, I only ever see incorrect threads in the X&Y section and they are sweeped up as quickly as possible. So credit to those particular moderators and I'd single out Went, Livewire, Sydian and Lightning as the best staff over a prolonged period of time (with no offence to any others, I just see those particular ones post more often).

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old November 23rd, 2013, 03:24 PM
Charcoal92

Nature: Careful
Well I have a real feedback.

Ok here it goes. A lot of you Mods and Gods lol. You do try to help out, but I really still feel as you guys should be mentors instead of infraction people. I understand some people deserve it, but still I like a lot of the everyday mods now you guys n girls are great and I feel good talking to you.
Super Mods: I'm scared of you guys. I just feel nervous and you guys got the power to ban people. Some of you guys are cool and understanding.
Admins never really talked to you guys much so no pros or cons. I'm am trusting you to run this site well so do your thing and make this site the best computer tech can allow. Bye.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
Just pointing it out, but regular moderator CAN ban people; we just don't have access to custom bans. Anyway, we are mentors. I really hope you don't view us as 'those people who throw around infractions like chicken wings at a party', cause you'll be surprised how many of our mods rarely infract people, if ever. We're here to assist anyone who needs it, albeit we're more inclined to assist in the sections we moderate. I'm glad you've gotten over your paranoia, though. As for the smods, they're essentially global moderators, don't think any differently. They're also cool cats (cept Razor, he's a cool cow), so just be brave and instigate conversation with one of them.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 06:05 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
Just pointing it out, but regular moderator CAN ban people; we just don't have access to custom bans. Anyway, we are mentors. I really hope you don't view us as 'those people who throw around infractions like chicken wings at a party', cause you'll be surprised how many of our mods rarely infract people, if ever. We're here to assist anyone who needs it, albeit we're more inclined to assist in the sections we moderate. I'm glad you've gotten over your paranoia, though. As for the smods, they're essentially global moderators, don't think any differently. They're also cool cats (cept Razor, he's a cool cow), so just be brave and instigate conversation with one of them.
I agree with Dipu there, most staff members actually don't like issuing infractions based on what I saw posted in this thread earlier. In fact, they not only don't like giving infractions or warnings, but they also don't even like locking a thread especially if it was a good topic that turned bad. They aren't power-abusing you, and as you heard I once had a fear of staff power abusing me two years ago but managed to overcome that noob state lately and now I want to show those newer members that the staff actually just want to help you.

Smods and admins might have more power than the regular blue mods, but they still don't like issuing infractions and the whatnot out of the blue. Staff are there to help you, not make you sad. And they are always there if you have any problems so don't hesitate to leave them a message if you need help.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

loa: july 29 - august 12

Old November 23rd, 2013, 06:18 PM
Stiles.

Just popping in to say I think PC has some of the best moderators ever tbh, haha. They are really serious about their jobs, while at the same time they are approachable and friendly. I think being a mod requires those traits, and most of the mods here do! Same with the upper staff members. Keep up the good job guys :3
Old November 23rd, 2013, 06:27 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Staff are there to help you, not make you sad. And they are always there if you have any problems so don't hesitate to leave them a message if you need help.
We are here to help, but keep in mind we aren't robots. We have lives outside PC, and sometimes, of not most of the times, those irl events will take precedence to stuff on PC. So if we don't respond within 15, 30, 60 minutes, try to understand.
Old November 24th, 2013, 07:13 AM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHoundoom92 View Post
Well I have a real feedback.

Ok here it goes. A lot of you Mods and Gods lol. You do try to help out, but I really still feel as you guys should be mentors instead of infraction people. I understand some people deserve it, but still I like a lot of the everyday mods now you guys n girls are great and I feel good talking to you.
Super Mods: I'm scared of you guys. I just feel nervous and you guys got the power to ban people. Some of you guys are cool and understanding.
Admins never really talked to you guys much so no pros or cons. I'm am trusting you to run this site well so do your thing and make this site the best computer tech can allow. Bye.
I pose issue with the bolded part here. Take a look at this conversation. Firstly, you asked me to make you a mod, then you asked me to penalize you. I mean, I didn't do either of those things because I was only trying to help you out. Out of all the staff, I'm probably one of the most blunt, but that doesn't mean I don't want to help you out, even after you insulted me. As I know we all have off days, but we can't just project our feelings at other people and try and drag them down.

Nobody on this staff team is qualified to give you emotional guidance or support, that's something you can contact your GP about. We're here to help you around the forum and ensure that people enjoy their experience on it. It is simply not the responsibility of any staff member to keep another member happy, I know that sounds rather abstract, but the work that we do as staff which does not include directly interacting with members, should hopefully improve user experience when on the forum, and if that makes a person happy, then great! But we're not here as moral compasses.

Maybe instead of trying to drag down everyone around you, use the support we offer to help pull yourself up.
Old November 27th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Tenth Doctor
God of Sassgard
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Tenth Doctor
I just wanted to say that... I think you guys are amazing. I used to be really scared of the admins and stuff because of some bad moments in the past. I stayed away from a lot of you guys, but I started mingling more and found out that PC is now a much more accepting group of people. I'm no longer afraid of talking to any of you now. I've talked to some of you, and you are all so nice and considerate. <3 Ever since I've returned, I have not run into any problems with the staff. :D

Pair | Blog | Mibba
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:16 PM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
It might be a good idea to list in the rules that Pokémon Amie avatars aren't permitted on the forums to prevent confusion for members such as myself from using .gifs of Pokémon gameplay in their avatars, given how popular the Amie feature is in the X&Y game and how sexually suggestive using the feature is, despite its E rating by the ESRB. Or perhaps restrict it to Humanoid Pokémon.

Also might be a good idea to keep in mind what may be suggestive to a 21 year old may not be for a 13- year old and to perhaps keep that perspective on things in the future.
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:21 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
It might be a good idea to list in the rules that Pokémon Amie avatars aren't permitted on the forums to prevent confusion for members such as myself from using .gifs of Pokémon gameplay in their avatars, given how popular the Amie feature is in the X&Y game and how sexually suggestive using the feature is, despite its E rating by the ESRB. Or perhaps restrict it to Humanoid Pokémon.

Also might be a good idea to keep in mind what may be suggestive to a 21 year old may not be for a 13- year old and to perhaps keep that perspective on things in the future.
Your avatar was removed because Jynx is a humanoid Pokemon with breast-like features and your .gif was specifically suggestive by using the cursor to "massage" the breast-like feature. Similar thing would be massaging Machoke's crotch. You should know better, smh.
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:22 PM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

Which is why I came here and suggested including that in the rules. Don't recall asking why it was removed. I came here to give a suggestion.
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:24 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Which is why I came here and suggested including that in the rules. Don't recall asking why it was removed. I came here to give a suggestion.
Pokemon Amie-related avatars and signatures are not against the rules and therefore it won't be added. You're simply throwing a tantrum because your "rebellion" was removed. I, for one, know that you like to skirt the rules when you can and this is just another one of those times. I don't appreciate you using the staff feedback thread for your personal enjoyment, either.
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:29 PM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
Pokemon Amie-related avatars and signatures are not against the rules and therefore it won't be added. You're simply throwing a tantrum because your "rebellion" was removed. I, for one, know that you like to skirt the rules when you can and this is just another one of those times. I don't appreciate you using the staff feedback thread for your personal enjoyment, either.
Oh my god are you kidding me? I found the avatar on live journal and thought it was funny, so I put it on as my avatar here. Never did I think "lol this'll show 'em" or anything like that. I don't really appreciate you assuming that my suggestion was used for personal enjoyment like I'm some kind of plagued troll, or that I used that avatar with the intent to rebel against a staff who not only I was part of, but helped build. Do I agree that it should have been removed? No. Am I trying to fight the fact that it was removed? If I did, Gavin would have surely notified you. I accept that it was removed, despite not liking it. I left a suggestion to include it in the rules, because it isn't in the rules. The only thing mentioned in the rules are signatures and sexually explicit ones that aren't within a PG-13 rating. The game is rated E by a qualified board, which is why I felt that it should be listed in the rules. I left a suggestion to help clarify for future reference, which is also why I included "Or maybe clarify that it's for humanoid Pokémon" or whatever it was in the first paragraph. If I was really intent to rebel, I wouldn't have left a suggestion and would have simply put it back. But I didn't do that.
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:32 PM
Cordelia
Banned

It certainly seemed like it to me, so I apologize for my misunderstanding. Anyway, rubbing a Pokemon's breast-like part is not PG-13 in most people's minds anyway, so regardless, it was removed. It just doesn't have a place on our forum. There's no need to add to the rules what's already there (The PG-13 rule applies here).
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:35 PM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
It certainly seemed like it to me, so I apologize for my misunderstanding. Anyway, rubbing a Pokemon's breast-like part is not PG-13 in most people's minds anyway, so regardless, it was removed. It just doesn't have a place on our forum. There's no need to add to the rules what's already there (The PG-13 rule applies here).
I think you're confusing PG-13 with PG, because I've seen a lot more suggestive things in PG-13 movies.

Last edited by Mr. Downstairs; December 1st, 2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: i lied. it wasn't okay with me
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:39 PM
Antemortem
you are no king to me

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Just wondering why PG-13 is being thrown around when we now enorce a rule that keeps our demographic at age thirteen and over? o_O PG-13 material is whatever might be found unsuitable or inappropriate for children under the age of thirteen. I mean, I'm indifferent towards the avatar as I've stated elsewhere, but otherwise.
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:50 PM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I think it's because kids under 13 can still browse the forums.

Old December 1st, 2013, 08:56 PM
derozio
my ghost is whispering to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
But that's just...sort of stupid. We're doing whatever the hell we can to ensure below 13 people don't come here without parental consent. If they still do it regardless by faking age, then that's out of our control. It shouldn't really matter to us whether or not they really are below 13.

I agree with Dave. The 13+ bullcrap rule was enforced and a lot of people got their account banned. This place shouldn't shy away from any 13+ stuff now. Especially for those who MIGHT be hiding their real age - as they're at fault, not PC.

And, for the most part, PC doesn't actually. Some PC discussions are very mature. Wouldn't have been possible if we restricted ourself to kiddie stuff.

Last edited by derozio; December 1st, 2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old December 1st, 2013, 09:00 PM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 루기아 View Post
I think it's because kids under 13 can still browse the forums.
If that's the case, then that PG-13 rule needs to be looked at again. We can't be a forum that restricts some PG-13 content and not others. I see plenty of suggestive comments made among the forums. In fact, I make them a lot. But I have never once seen a staff member punish someone for making suggestive statements on the forums. And yet, suggestive avatars are among the ones that qualify for "This isn't suitable for children." We're a forum for peoples 13 years or older, and yet we cater to those younger. It's understandable, given the audience of the Pokémon game (and the rating), but there is a huge gray spot that really needs to be examined and looked at.

That being said, I need to get this off my chest. Mac, this is in no way directed to you alone, because I know you're not the only one. I have been a member here for years and have made both financial contributions for not only myself, but on behalf of other people for supportership, and I have put hundreds and hundreds of hours into this forum as a staff member to make things better.

I don't at all appreciate people assuming that I'm a staff member gone bad, especially considering the note that I left on. I resigned from my post, and came back only to realize that simply put the spark wasn't there anymore. I realized that and I did what was best for everyone and resigned from my post for good so that someone who could do more for the forum in that position could use it. I was not fired. I did not cause any problems. I left with whatever suggestions that I had left in me fulfilled by posting them before I left, and I left with recommendations and an input on who replaced me.

I am honestly livid that there are people who believe that I would do something here to cause a problem or rebel against a group of people I was not only part of at one point in time, but helped build. I'm not asking for special treatment. I'm just asking for a little respect and a benefit of whatever doubt that you have in the actions I take on these forums. That's all. In my mind, this avatar would have been fine if someone else had posted it. I would have had the same stance on it if I was on the other side that I do being the person at fault.
Old December 1st, 2013, 09:15 PM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I do think there is weight to the argument of loosening the PG 13 restrictions, as COPPA essentially makes this community a built-in PG 13 community. What makes this a difficult in my opinion, however, is that there's bound to be some difference of opinion regarding some topics. What doesn't offend some people, might offend others.

Old December 1st, 2013, 09:20 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakazuki View Post
But that's just...sort of stupid. We're doing whatever the hell we can to ensure below 13 people don't come here without parental consent. If they still do it regardless by faking age, then that's out of our control. It shouldn't really matter to us whether or not they really are below 13.
I don't think the point is to prevent kids below 13 to come here, I think it's more to prevent their participation or interaction. That being said, I don't think we should be posting things too risque, as we should keep some level of family-friendliness, so I believe. Kids will eventually bump into one of the largest Pokemon communities on the internet, and I do think it's our responsibility to keep that in mind.

I don't think rules are the way to go. Everything is subjective - so how do we make sense of that with equal treatment? I think we all just have to make prudent decisions about what is or isn't appropriate. An honour system.
Old December 1st, 2013, 09:29 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
I find it a true shame that some people think Ace is just a rotten ex-staff member. But at the same time, this thread is for staff feedback, and not COPPA feedback. There's a thread for that. If you want to complain about it and the discretion we're using with it and your issues with what's PG-13 or not, use that thread. Admittedly, and this being a fine case right here, it could use some defined lines.

For what it's worth, Nick did a lot on PC as a staff member and made a lot of differences. It bothers me people could think he's just trying to rebel and start a riot here over an avatar of all things.
Old December 1st, 2013, 09:37 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

What we're talking about isn't COPPA related in that it's not referring to who should/shouldn't have access to PC. I guess you could say I'm providing my feedback as it relates to the family-friendliness of the forum. That's in the public interest, and as a result, something that should be brought up to staff eh? I guess my feedback is specific, it might not be critiquing what the staff are(n't) doing explicitly but I feel it's in the domain of letting you guys know what I think.
Old December 1st, 2013, 09:41 PM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I find it a true shame that some people think Ace is just a rotten ex-staff member. But at the same time, this thread is for staff feedback, and not COPPA feedback. There's a thread for that. If you want to complain about it and the discretion we're using with it and your issues with what's PG-13 or not, use that thread. Admittedly, and this being a fine case right here, it could use some defined lines.

For what it's worth, Nick did a lot on PC as a staff member and made a lot of differences. It bothers me people could think he's just trying to rebel and start a riot here over an avatar of all things.

Let's please try and keep the above in mind. I think what Nick's going for here is to include, or to at least elaborate, on rules regarding Pokemon Amie avatars, specifically potentially lewd or suggestive poses or stances involving pokemon characters. I would think it would already full under rules covering inappropriate content.

Personally, I think the reaction to something so mundane is completely, incredibly stupid and a total waste of time and energy.

So please, keep my thread to actual feedback. Take the beef elsewhere.

Sponsored Links