Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Thoughts on the Torchic?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old October 12th, 2013 (10:54 PM).

So I just downloaded the Torchic, no more than an hour ago and needless to say, its incredibly over powered! I mean wow its already at level 10! On top of that, the first Gym is weak against fire moves and, its ability is beyond amazing. If anything I cant help but feel as though Iam cheating whenever I use it. What are your thoughts on it?

PS: it sucks you cant nickname it :/
Old October 12th, 2013 (10:57 PM).

just breed it with Ditto then you can name it baby. the first dungeon bug type. fire is powerful against bugs
Old October 12th, 2013 (11:00 PM).

Quote originally posted by jazneo:
just breed it with Ditto then you can name it baby. the first dungeon bug type. fire is powerful against bugs
Was that supposed to be a reference to GT? the "baby" thing?
Old October 12th, 2013 (11:03 PM).
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

I trained it up to a Blaziken, used the Mega Evolution once then deposited it. I haven't used it for a few gyms now.
Old October 12th, 2013 (11:10 PM).

Quote originally posted by Broly_Mickey:
Was that supposed to be a reference to GT? the "baby" thing?
im talking about to pokemon day care take your torochic and find ditto to breed with it then you can name the baby pokemon it has
Old October 13th, 2013 (12:57 AM).
The Bunny Pokemon
BS
CS

Nature: Modest
I really like the event Torchic. I was so thrilled when I found out that my favorite starter was not only going to be an event Pokemon at the beginning of the game but also be one of the staple Mega Evolutions as well. I downloaded this event as soon as I could because I wanted to make sure that I did not miss out on such a fantastic opportunity to receive such an amazing Pokemon. However, I am not currently using it as I already have my Fire typed Pokemon on my team and I don't want to create a type imbalance, but I do plan to use him soon because Mega Blaziken is simply astounding.

Showdown

Old October 13th, 2013 (01:13 AM).
& having to receive it
Battle Server
CS

I've gotten a hold of my Torchic as soon as I received my copy of Pokémon Y. Torchic is one of my most favorite Pokémon, and just like Michonne, I didn't want to give up my opportunity to download it. They might be holding another Torchic event at some point in the future, but you can never be sure. Since I already have a fire-type on my team, I decided to simply leave Torchic in my PC box—new and untouched. If I ever plan to make some shake-ups to my team though, then one way or the other, I'll try my best to fit Torchic in. :)
Old October 13th, 2013 (01:16 AM).
Been there since day 1.

The real OP thing about it is, that it gets boosted XP. GF really throws around pokemon (Kanto starters) to make X and Y super easy for all players...
Old October 13th, 2013 (06:57 AM).

I was quite happy when I got mine. By the time I actually got around to getting it most of my other pokemon were around that level so it wasn't a really big deal for me. It was also nice being able to have one of my old starters again. I think it's a great addition to my team.
Old October 13th, 2013 (07:07 AM).

I don't really like the torchic line so I got it up to blazekin then deposited it, I'm using talon flame as my fire type at the moment
Old October 13th, 2013 (07:41 AM).
Purrfect Purple Paradise

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Larinelle
I'm saving mine for after the league!
I already have Fennekin on my team so there's no need for me to be using a Torchic at this point. Same goes for my Charmander. :')
It does sound like an overall powerfull Pokémon though. I suppose I got lucky in this considering that I wanted to train a Torchic anyway + it's one of the few mega evolutions I like.
Old October 13th, 2013 (09:11 AM).

Nature: Lonely
I have never liked torchic or any of its evolutions, so now when they gave me one for free I decided the best use of it would be... HM slave.

That's right torchic your only good for cutting and pushing boulders.
Old October 13th, 2013 (09:31 AM).
ミズゴロウ

Nature: Quirky
I got my Torchic as soon as I started the game, I've got him to Blaziken now and I'm using him for my fire type. He's going to stay as a part of my team for now. I'm really happy I've got him as he's been really useful to me.
Old October 13th, 2013 (09:36 AM).
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Got it, didn't use it because I have Fennekin. I'd use it as a bargaining tool in trades but it's male so it's not worth much.
Old October 13th, 2013 (09:40 AM).
L-let's a-go...!
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
Like the Kanto starter, it's sitting in the PC box right now... it's a nice gift but I won't be using it.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ NNID: skyluigi
☆ PSN ID: Jellygamer
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

☆ Currently playing: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

☆ Paired with Tsutarja

Old October 13th, 2013 (04:31 PM).

I've got my torchic, but I wasn't able to soft reset for the nature, so now it's nature is serious.
Old October 13th, 2013 (04:56 PM).
2363-5961-4897 (3DS)

I'm thinking of keeping the Blazikenite and trading the Torchic for a Ditto so I can get a friend's Torchic, breed it, have a nickname, give his Torchic back, and then we have a Ditto to share and everyone's happy.
Old October 13th, 2013 (07:55 PM).

Quote originally posted by Sweets Witch:
but it's male so it's not worth much.
Wooooaaaaaaah, take it easy there Ellen degeneres!
Old October 13th, 2013 (07:57 PM).

Nature: Adamant
I boxed it immediately.
Partly because it's like using an Uber, which I am normally against, especially on my first playthrough. Don't want to make things way too easy. Also partly because I am not fond of the design that much and everyone and their mother is currently using it. I might train it after I beat the Champion for Wifi use but that's about it.

My Friend Safari contains: Dunsparce, Audino, and Imposter Ditto.
Old October 13th, 2013 (08:01 PM).

Nature: Calm
Never really was a fan of Blaziken, but this Torchic is indeed overpowered with the Hidden Ability.
However, I've stopped using it because it simply leveled too quickly, and I didn't like the way it let me steamroll everything.
I had evolved it into a Blaziken, used his Mega Evolution once or twice and then deposited him.
[Lord Summerisle:] "Now, those children out there, they're jumping through the flames in the hope that the god of the fire will make them fruitful. Really, you can't blame them. After all, what girl would not prefer the child of a god to that of some acne-scarred artisan?"

[Sergeant Howie:] "And you encourage them in this?"

[Lord Summerisle:]"Actively! It's most important to teach new generation born of Summerisle be made aware that here the old gods aren't dead."

[Sergeant Howie:]"And what of the true God? To whose glory churches and monasteries have been built on these islands for generations past? Now what of Him?"

[Lord Summerisle:]"Oh, He's dead. He can't complain. He had his chance and in modern parlance. Blew it."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Lord Summerisle:]“And the ministers fled the island never to return. What my grandfather started out of expediency, my father continued out of love. He brought me up the same way: to reverence the music, and the drama, and the rituals of the old gods; to love nature and to fear it, and to rely on it and to appease it when necessary. He brought me up —”

[Sergeant Howie:]“He brought you up to be a pagan!”

[Lord Summerisle:]“A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one.”
Old October 13th, 2013 (08:16 PM).
The Pokémon Cartel

I boxed that ho as soon as I received it
Old October 13th, 2013 (08:38 PM).

Nature: Serious
Im saving it to EV train...Right now im just playing with a Pve Roster.

2nd gym leader 14 hours in just taking my sweet time training and stuff...game is amazing
Old October 13th, 2013 (11:24 PM).
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
I deposited my Torchic as soon as I got it to save it for Competitive play and train it later. It had an adamant nature. Perfect for competitive play.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old October 14th, 2013 (12:03 AM).

Quote originally posted by Mithel_Celestia:
I deposited my Torchic as soon as I got it to save it for Competitive play and train it later. It had an adamant nature. Perfect for competitive play.
Lucky, I tried to get adamant nature multiple times. Now I have a +Att -Def torchic. Not so bad to be honest considering Blaziken also uses Sp Att moves.
Old October 14th, 2013 (11:47 AM).
The Old Gang

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by Broly_Mickey:
Wooooaaaaaaah, take it easy there Ellen degeneres!
Gender is significant in the breeding of Pokemon; hidden abilities can only be passed on by females.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links