Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 16th, 2013 (03:34 AM).
Fading Tree
SRK

Nature: Docile
Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
A whole region DLC would be way too excessive and unstable. Just imagine how much data and programming would be needed for a whole region to be created into a DLC, and then downloaded into the games. I just really don't see it happening, as for the guy saying "You'll see it in due time" I'm not quite sure what he means but I wouldn't read too much into it.
  • Already programmed into the game, and need a DLC key to access.
  • RSE Remake is in the works.

Upgrading Pokemon
Old October 16th, 2013 (03:41 AM).
Hatsuharu
☆ princess of despair ☆

While the idea of finally getting our long anticipated R/S/E is swell, it begs the question of how rushed it will be. Black 2/White2 and X/Y were about a year apart, give a few days after that year for X and Y's actual release date- I feel they're rushing things too much. If there's not much to do in the X and Y postgame, how rushed will they make the RSE remakes in order to get them out on the shelves?
Old October 16th, 2013 (03:51 AM).
X-Calem
Savior of a Broken World

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by Hatsuharu:
While the idea of finally getting our long anticipated R/S/E is swell, it begs the question of how rushed it will be. Black 2/White2 and X/Y were about a year apart, give a few days after that year for X and Y's actual release date- I feel they're rushing things too much. If there's not much to do in the X and Y postgame, how rushed will they make the RSE remakes in order to get them out on the shelves?
Maybe the R/S/E remakes are in development as we speak. Nintendo and Game Freak just have not revealed it to the public. That's how game companies work

I also play the Xbox 360 (GT:BlazeDelta) Challenge me on Halo if you dare XP

(14/10/2013)Finished Pokemon X Nuzlocke. Nobody fainted. I love Blazikens from now on. :D

Proud owner of a bred Shiny Eevee in Pokemon X
Old October 16th, 2013 (04:00 AM).
Fading Tree
SRK

Nature: Docile
If it is the RSE remakes may they be released some time late 2015 / early 2016. Let the fans enjoy XY for a while. Release a few fixes to the game
Save Glitch and allow me to take my hat off.

Upgrading Pokemon
Old October 16th, 2013 (04:05 AM).
Blue
c'est la vie
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
If they are going to reveal Ruby & Sapphire remakes, it will be atleast two years after when they started developing. Let's say they announce them next year, around May 2014, that would probably mean that they've been working on them since Mid-2012 alongside X & Y. Now that Pokémon X & Y have been completed, the only further work they need to focus on X & Y is any patches to correct the current glitches in game which isn't too much of an issue. Now they can focus on developing the next set of game(s) whether that be a Ruby & Sapphire Remake or not. Also, there is nowhere near as much developing needed for the next set of Generation VI Games since the X/Y Game engine has already been set up. I can assure you that the next game(s) won't be rushed, these games always take years to develop but we just don't know about it until they tell us.
Old October 16th, 2013 (05:53 AM).
HaphazardAsylum

i havent read this entire thread and i have said this elsewhere but no one seems to notice so sorry if someone beat me to it,
but there is stuff to do besides looking for mega stones once the prof upgrades your mega ring.

there is the looker who you help and a reporter i think who is looking into a mythical creature or something

also the guy who mentions seeing his town if you talk to him on four seperate days(he moves hotels so if you go see him in the last one he may have moved to another) he is the person that gives you the strange souvenir and lists off all the old regions saying he is not from ANY of them so it is not about any remakes and means if we are getting an event region that unlocks it in the game or a third game it is likely to be in another whole new region.
Old October 16th, 2013 (08:10 AM).
kay3o
B)

What if this 'new area' is already in the game and they're just waiting to unlock it? I mean, they didn't want any spoilers for X&Y and did the whole World Wide release so it could give people the chance to discover things on their own. Having content locked for a certain amount of time would be the perfect way to do it.
Old October 16th, 2013 (09:01 AM).
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

I just came up with something wild.What if the present for completing the Pokedex is a ticket to that new place?The only way to get all of the Pokes for the National is via the Bank.That traveler also said ''you will see soon enough''maybe December when the service will start.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old October 16th, 2013 (09:04 AM).
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
A whole region DLC would be way too excessive and unstable. Just imagine how much data and programming would be needed for a whole region to be created into a DLC, and then downloaded into the games. I just really don't see it happening, as for the guy saying "You'll see it in due time" I'm not quite sure what he means but I wouldn't read too much into it.
Watch "in due time" mean "in one region's game cycle"
Old October 16th, 2013 (09:07 AM).
ggctuk

What if this 'new area' is already in the game and they're just waiting to unlock it? I mean, they didn't want any spoilers for X&Y and did the whole World Wide release so it could give people the chance to discover things on their own. Having content locked for a certain amount of time would be the perfect way to do it.
That's possible. Remember in BW, Liberty Island did not even appear on the map until you got the Liberty Ticket through an event.
2DS Friend code: 5429-9543-4524
Old October 16th, 2013 (11:12 AM).
jellotime91

Quote originally posted by iRyahn:
Yeah the fact that he said "you should see my region" makes me think DLC is out of the question. If he was just mentioning the town alone it would make sense. But an entire region?

I think it's just one of those they put in-game for upcoming games like the girl foreshadowing Munna.
... That girl was not actually talking about Munna. With Munna, it's likely the other way around. They went through Red and Blue for inspiration, and someone thought "hey, this girl is talking about a pink Pokemon with flowers.. Let's make one!"

Quote originally posted by Mog The Moogle:
i think were gonna have an expansion for the game! kinda reminds me of WoW or Skyrim when I say expansion. :D hopefully it happens!
I really hope so. Could be a new future for Pokemon. I'm hoping they will actually add new Pokemon to the dex too as time goes on so that X/Y will be compatible with future games. DLC is a huge deal for Pokemon if used correctly.

Quote originally posted by Killjoy:
It could be a small region, like real life Monaco
Yeah. When I said region, I didn't mean another Kalos. I just meant a new area to explore, whether that be one town / island, a cluster like Sevii, etc... But it is not unrealistic to think they could expand the game via DLC and include Hoenn or another region. Look at what they did with Super Luigi U. Nintendo is warming up to DLC more and more.
Old October 16th, 2013 (04:03 PM). Edited October 16th, 2013 by Xander Olivieri.
Xander Olivieri

Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
We aren't getting add on content. Gamefreak and TPC have both expressed severe dislike and have outright said that they do not intend to produce such merchandise. There won't be any DLCs for X and Y as outlines by both TPC director and director and chief developer of the main series games. They don't have any plans on following up with that kinda material for the games.

IF we are getting Hoenn anything it'll be in a set of games to appear in the next 2 years or so IF they even want to make us some new games.

I know I'm being a negative nancy here, but its being thrown in our faces by the two leading figures of Pokemon that there will be no DLC of any kind. Only the regular distribution method that we've had since Generation 4. As for Region, Matsuda said he was not putting two regions into one game again. I do forget when and where he said this, but I have seen other people link to news reports about it on various forums. One was specifically referencing X and Y with Hoenn in which he said he did not intend to do that again.

Hold out for two years and wait for them to make an announcement for remakes.

And no I'm not saying we can't have something like a hidden Sevii Island. That isn't DLC. That would already be programmed into the game and we are awaiting a proper item from the main host (TPC) to be distributed to unlock the location for us. Very much similar to Faraway Island, Naval Rock, and Liberty Island. That is still possible seeing as we cannot pull data from these games and have no idea what is hidden in them.

Quote originally posted by Hatsuharu:
New generations always follow a year after the last installment for the previous generation.

There is a 3 to 4 year gap between the main release series titles and usually a one to two year gap between the last released and a new generation. Its how its been from the beginning.
Red/Blue/Green 1996
Yellow 1998 Gold/Silver 1999
Crystal 2000 Ruby/Sapphire 2003
Emerald 2004 Diamond/Pearl 2006
Heart Gold/Soul Silver 2008 Black/White 2010
Black 2/White 2 2012 X/Y 2013

We started with a one year gap and so far ending with a one year gap. We also had a technology issue where the 5th Gen was pushed out a bit faster (though they still met the 3 year gap) due to them being forced to produce a 3DS game. They really couldn't afford to wait to produce a 3DS game any longer than they did.

2015 is a pretty good shot at when we'd get something new, earliest would be a little bit before that with a year passing before we hear anything.

So I was reading through my guide and saw that the Backpacker that was originally the cause for the Hoenn fan base to erupt in its conspiracy theorist paranoia all over again is actually from an unknown region. There is a representative from every region that visits the hotels in Kalos, and this guy is listed as unknown. So. Does this mean that GF dropped a bomb on us? He's from a new region or minor game area yet to be unlocked/to appear in the next installment....What is Gen 6 has two regions with two separate sets of games? That could be a reason why we only have the small amount of Pokemon we got, we'd get more in the next one. Seeing as we cannot get data from the games we don't know if there is actually data for more Pokemon in our games or not.
Old October 17th, 2013 (02:26 AM). Edited October 17th, 2013 by HaphazardAsylum.
HaphazardAsylum

seeing as the main reason people thought that seeing a new region was because of the backpacker saying you will see his region in due time i am going to post these pics of what he says once you speak to him four times and the item he gives you that clearly says it/he is from a region far from kalos.

If it is true that the main guys said they arent going to be putting in a second region in a game it seems we will be getting another bw bw2 situation with xy2 this idea is further supported by the fact you get the z legend in these games ruling out the need for pokemon z and your character goes to a new region and the story continues even one of your friends says she is going to go to another region and make memories
bp text.JPGbp text 2.JPGstrange souvenir.JPG
Old October 17th, 2013 (02:33 AM).
HaphazardAsylum

friend text.JPGfriend text 2.JPG

as i mentioned it i thought i should at least show pics!
Old October 17th, 2013 (03:52 AM).
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
its has already been iterated many times that GF that does not do DLC, paid or not.

so this may probably be some small region that is already in the game waiting to be unlocked by some special ticket item,
or simply wait 2 years for Z version

Old October 17th, 2013 (04:33 AM).
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

Quote originally posted by HaphazardAsylum:
seeing as the main reason people thought that seeing a new region was because of the backpacker saying you will see his region in due time i am going to post these pics of what he says once you speak to him four times and the item he gives you that clearly says it/he is from a region far from kalos.

If it is true that the main guys said they arent going to be putting in a second region in a game it seems we will be getting another bw bw2 situation with xy2 this idea is further supported by the fact you get the z legend in these games ruling out the need for pokemon x and your character goes to a new region and the story continues even one of your friends says she is going to go to another region and make memories
Attachment 69928Attachment 69927Attachment 69929
Cool find! That statue is funky-looking.
Old October 17th, 2013 (05:28 AM).
Lavans

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
2015 is a pretty good shot at when we'd get something new, earliest would be a little bit before that with a year passing before we hear anything.
This is exactly why I suspect there will be some form of DLC in the future. They need X/Y to keep us entertained for at least a good year or two. As is, the game is so abrupt that it's probably not going to last much longer than a half year for X/Y enthusiasts (such as myself - I already have 80 hours logged)

3d games are more time consuming to develop than sprite based. GF said that X/Y is going to be the biggest Pokemon game to date. While that exact statement is a bit vague, it's true that it has the most side content and mini games, but the world itself is quite small and some things (such as TMs and clothes) are extremely lacking and hard to come by (though I suspect clothing items are a seasonal thing). Also, I sincerely doubt that GF is going to have players rely solely on the lackluster Friends Safari and the Pokemon Cloud just to bring the missing Pokemon into circulation in X/Y.

The last Pokemon game I've played was Emerald, so I'm not familiar with later releases. But so far, I'd say this is the smallest Pokemon game I've played so far. However, X/Y has some extremely expansive ground work put into place for decently sized content updates. That's just my take on it though.
Old October 17th, 2013 (06:11 AM).
oggret

Quote originally posted by Killjoy:
It could be a small region, like real life Monaco
You could be onto something there, as XY doesn't feature any gambling den (regardless of there being any gambling in it) at all. It could also open up some sorely lacking surf routes.
Old October 17th, 2013 (09:38 AM).
Xander Olivieri

Quote originally posted by Lavans:
This is exactly why I suspect there will be some form of DLC in the future. They need X/Y to keep us entertained for at least a good year or two. As is, the game is so abrupt that it's probably not going to last much longer than a half year for X/Y enthusiasts (such as myself - I already have 80 hours logged)

3d games are more time consuming to develop than sprite based. GF said that X/Y is going to be the biggest Pokemon game to date. While that exact statement is a bit vague, it's true that it has the most side content and mini games, but the world itself is quite small and some things (such as TMs and clothes) are extremely lacking and hard to come by (though I suspect clothing items are a seasonal thing). Also, I sincerely doubt that GF is going to have players rely solely on the lackluster Friends Safari and the Pokemon Cloud just to bring the missing Pokemon into circulation in X/Y.

The last Pokemon game I've played was Emerald, so I'm not familiar with later releases. But so far, I'd say this is the smallest Pokemon game I've played so far. However, X/Y has some extremely expansive ground work put into place for decently sized content updates. That's just my take on it though.
There is no DLC. Both major heads for Pokemon, the President of TPC and head director of GameFreak both said there's be no DLCs for Pokemon X and Y and that both members disliked the idea of having DLC for their games.

As for size, its definitely larger than any of the past Pokemon games for an initial release. I usually beat the games in under 24 hours and this one tool me nearly 36 hours to beat it playing at my normal pace. This game has over 400 Pokemon available through the normal means, and this expands to a very high amount when you beat the game. There is a lot of add in content such as Pokemon Amie, Super Training, Berry Farm, Battle Chateau, Battle Maison, and the new battle styles, Horde, Inverse, and Sky Battles. They've kept their word on how large the game is and we still have the tournaments, PGL opening, and mini games to keep us occupied for a while not to mention searching/waiting for the secret Pokemon/Events that we cannot leak due to coding lock preventing us from just pulling the data out and locating them all.

Other than this, its already been confirmed that there is no DLC for X and Y we just have to wait for all the extra stuff to open up in December.
Old October 17th, 2013 (11:03 AM).
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by jellotime91:

Yeah. When I said region, I didn't mean another Kalos. I just meant a new area to explore, whether that be one town / island, a cluster like Sevii, etc... But it is not unrealistic to think they could expand the game via DLC and include Hoenn or another region. Look at what they did with Super Luigi U. Nintendo is warming up to DLC more and more.
Dude... Monaco's just slightly bigger than the Vatican... It's one of the smallest countries in the world so "another Kalos" would never happen as they'd have to oversize it. One, maybe two towns. That'd be it.
Old October 17th, 2013 (11:46 AM).
Lavans

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
As for size, its definitely larger than any of the past Pokemon games for an initial release. I usually beat the games in under 24 hours and this one tool me nearly 36 hours to beat it playing at my normal pace. This game has over 400 Pokemon available through the normal means, and this expands to a very high amount when you beat the game. There is a lot of add in content such as Pokemon Amie, Super Training, Berry Farm, Battle Chateau, Battle Maison, and the new battle styles, Horde, Inverse, and Sky Battles. They've kept their word on how large the game is.
I agree to disagree with this statement. The minigames are nice, but there is no denying the fact that the game world is small and the story is short. The fact that no new areas unlock post game is quite unsatisfactory because of this. Also, I beat X faster than any of the other Pokemon games I own, and I even clocked a good few hours in the mini games during my first playthrough.

As I said earlier, its no surprise the game world is small since 3d games requires more time and money to develop for. That's the kind of tradeoff that needs to be expected when transitioning from sprites to 3d. Hopefully the events aren't lackluster, and that the next installment doesn't have an abrupt core game.
Old October 17th, 2013 (04:44 PM).
DoctorParadox

He could mean the message he left himself
Old October 17th, 2013 (06:12 PM). Edited October 17th, 2013 by Iceman3317.
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
The secrete is probably the hidden Gyradosnite or whatever it is called. I am not sure the exact way to unlock it yet, but you do find it Gyradosnite there.

I also believe he said " I left a secrete in this town. See if you can find it." Not the town has a secrete.
Old October 17th, 2013 (06:48 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Quote originally posted by Lavans:
I agree to disagree with this statement. The minigames are nice, but there is no denying the fact that the game world is small and the story is short. The fact that no new areas unlock post game is quite unsatisfactory because of this. Also, I beat X faster than any of the other Pokemon games I own, and I even clocked a good few hours in the mini games during my first playthrough.

As I said earlier, its no surprise the game world is small since 3d games requires more time and money to develop for. That's the kind of tradeoff that needs to be expected when transitioning from sprites to 3d. Hopefully the events aren't lackluster, and that the next installment doesn't have an abrupt core game.
You barely unlock any areas in any main Pokemon game with the initial release. Gen 2 and their remakes are the only initial release games with post game content that cannot be done with in a 2 to 3 hour time period. All the others can be gone through in at least 3 hours.

The story for this one is long and the region itself is the largest region we've had in a while, both pokedex and size wise.
Old October 17th, 2013 (06:52 PM).
X-Calem
Savior of a Broken World

IMO, the region was pretty easy to explore. We have people completing the story in 9h 54 min 0_o

I also play the Xbox 360 (GT:BlazeDelta) Challenge me on Halo if you dare XP

(14/10/2013)Finished Pokemon X Nuzlocke. Nobody fainted. I love Blazikens from now on. :D

Proud owner of a bred Shiny Eevee in Pokemon X
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links