The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 15th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Aquacorde
↪ i can do anything

Nature: Bold

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!
& Lumiose City Pursuit!

Since the original and English dub are airing so close together, we'll have a combined thread for all of them!

I, uh, watched the first episode early so...
liveblog!
Spoiler:
- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
- FLETCHLING SO TINY
- SERENA'S MOMMA SO PRETTY
- SAME AS THE GAMES ASDFGH CUTEEEEE
- god she's rlly pretty
- OH OH SERENA'S GONNA BE FUN
- rhyhorn :D
- a thing i really really love is the variety of pokemon in kalos
- eeee ash
- THIS OPENING IS SO DAMN CUTE
- im cry
- spritzeeee
- pffft gj ash
- rocketsssss
- WOBBU
- I LOVE YOU
- so wait what city are they in
- did they come right into lumiose
- WOW MEGA BLAZIKEN IS EARLY
- i wonder if this has to do with event torchic
- ASH U CUTE
- AW HELIOPTILE
- i love Alexa's big-sister attitude <3
- asdfghj ASH
- yes they are in lumiose ooooo good
- is serena going to get there quick??
- ash look out this place has streets
- ur gonna get hit
- BGM
- CLEMMY AND BONNIE BABIESSSSSS
- oh clemmy your gym lmfao
- bonnie babyyyyyy
- HEY FROAKIE
- clemmy's voice is so pretty
- THEY'RE ALREADY A FAMILY
- im flipping out
- hahahhaha i c u avoiding the questions
- yayyy ash gets a battle
- his bloodlust will be temporarily satisfied
- THAT VS
- fdghjkl;
- bunnelby is good
- clemmy is good
- whoa damn
- aint nobody gonna complain about ash getting his ass beat this time
- clemmy's strong
- wHOA DAMN
- ROCKETS
- OOOOOO
- OOOOOOOOOOOOO
- LOOK AT U BBYS
- SERIOUS!ASH OH !!!!
- WOBBU BEING USED PROPERLY YESSSS
- oh poor pika
- BUT WOBBU
- NOTHING CAN DEFEAT A GOOD WOBBU
- oo combo
- oo totes fail
- FROAKIE
- I LOVE THIS FROAKIE
- LOOK AT ITS FACE
- DANG THIS GUY
- ..????
- WOW
- YES ALREADY A TEAM
- froakiiiiiiie ;;
- AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
- lookit that ending oh cute

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin! & Lumiose City Pursuit!
USA Broadcast: October 19, 2013

We've Arrived In The Kalos Region! Dreams and Adventures Begin!! & Mega Evolution and Prism Tower!
Japanese Broadcast: October 17, 2013

Last edited by Aquacorde; March 1st, 2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old October 15th, 2013, 07:24 PM
AzuGazer

OH! sorry X.x didn't know we couldn't do that :c

Edit: im surprised at how much i can understand what they say o.o i watch too much anime

Last edited by AzuGazer; October 15th, 2013 at 07:27 PM. Reason: POKEMON LOOKING AWESOME!
Old October 15th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Ughh the first episode was amazing ok. Like... everything. Especially Froakie because Froakie. I'll make an in-depth post later when I can think but I am looking forward to the next episode and the episode after it and so forth. It started off really well and I hope it takes off and stay that way!
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt
Old October 15th, 2013, 08:15 PM
CarcharOdin

Nature: Naughty
Shame that Serena didn't get more screen time, but there's always next episode.

Also, DAT BADASS FROAKIE
Old October 15th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Aeroblast
웃웃웃웃웃웃웃

Nature: Serious
After years of abandoning the anime I might actually take a peek at X/Y if I have nothing to do on Saturday.
Old October 17th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Famon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
After years of abandoning the anime I might actually take a peek at X/Y if I have nothing to do on Saturday.
Well ,Atleast Its better then the first BW episode .
I like Serena's temper .
I hope I get to see it like it like a gag where She will intimidate everyone with her temper .
Like Misty use to do.

Old October 17th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Aeroblast
웃웃웃웃웃웃웃

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famon View Post
Well ,Atleast Its better then the first BW episode .
I like Serena's temper .
I hope I get to see it like it like a gag where She will intimidate everyone with her temper .
Like Misty use to do.
I stopped watching it in the middle of DP because it was so boring but I heard the end turned out good. I plan to skip BW altogether.
Old October 17th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
okay second episode was also amazing. again i can't really seem to pt my feeling sin a constructive post right now but I do have to say that Froakie is adorable and I love it so much ;v; When he joins Ash at end i legitimately had tears because it was so cute. I am definitely going to watch the dub though so I can understand Froakie's backstory just a bit more. I think I have the general concept of it but I might be wrong (I usually am!)

One say I will have a constructive post for Kalos. But these first two episodes have been great and I really, really hope it doesn't go down from there.
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt

Last edited by Sora; October 17th, 2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old October 17th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura
I killed Syd's bf

Nature: Lax
I can't shake off the AG/DP vibes I'm getting, yet, there's just one big thing I've noticed about Ash that sets this series apart from those two, though. Did anyone notice that Ash's "starting over" vibe isn't here? His achievements aren't ignored, he's very interested in the new stuff, I dunno. Something seems different.

Serena's going to be interesting. Since she's genuinely starting out (or is she?), the writers could probably put more focus on her development rather than try to wedge it into Ash. The possibilities are interesting.

And the intro/ending don't give off that Pokémon vibe so much either. Sure, they're stuffed with Pokémon terms (first lines of the intro: "Dragon Ghost Ground Flying Poison Bug Water--" etc.) but they don't give off that ol' Pokémon theme vibe. (And by the way, yes, I'm referring to the Japanese themes.)

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old October 17th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Aquacorde
↪ i can do anything

Nature: Bold
OH IT'S SO GOOD HELP

Froakie going along was the cutest damn thing and wow I was actually on the edge of my seat for Pokémon??? It's been a while wow that was really really good and aaaaaaaaa. So, I wonder if Clemont and Bonnie are going to officially join Ash next Episode? And I guess he's probably heading to Santalune to battle Viola and he'll meet Serena there or? just asdfghj this is going to be so fun
Old October 17th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Kinger556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
I can't shake off the AG/DP vibes I'm getting, yet, there's just one big thing I've noticed about Ash that sets this series apart from those two, though. Did anyone notice that Ash's "starting over" vibe isn't here? His achievements aren't ignored, he's very interested in the new stuff, I dunno. Something seems different.
Now that you mention it, your right. I was wondering what was so different this time around... Ash actually Kept his Experience! xD He fought WELL with Pikachu and did everything correctly. He even has more of a... I guess... 'Serious' look here and there, like when he was going to tame Garchomp.
Old October 17th, 2013, 11:42 PM
ChaoTachi

Pretty good episode to start off the season, hope it gets better.
Old October 18th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Yambo
Power Seeker

I loved the episodes!!

I liked that Ash kept his knowledge in this season knowing the pokemon he has already seen. But i gotta say when he and Clemont battled i was very into it. Ash actually using strategies in a first battle of the region and Clemont answering with his strategies.

But my favourite part of the whole (both that is) was the ending with Froakie standing beside the pokeball and choosing Ash couldnt stop smiling.

A great start i have high expectations on this season
Old October 18th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Famon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post

Serena's going to be interesting. Since she's genuinely starting out (or is she?), the writers could probably put more focus on her development rather than try to wedge it into Ash. The possibilities are interesting.

And the intro/ending don't give off that Pokémon vibe so much either. Sure, they're stuffed with Pokémon terms (first lines of the intro: "Dragon Ghost Ground Flying Poison Bug Water--" etc.) but they don't give off that ol' Pokémon theme vibe. (And by the way, yes, I'm referring to the Japanese themes.)
I heard Pokemon XY Series has a new Director and that's why its different !!!
This episode's does give a high expectation but I won't let my guard down yet .
But again , It does feel good when Ash doesn't get treated like total Noob and take charge off thing like a competent person and influence other people like Clemont.
By The way ,
It would cool if Ash treated like a celebrity for the thing he did in Lumoise city .It would great to see People recognizing Ash without him introducing himself.

Old October 18th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Dragon

I actually think the X&Y anime is going to be quite promising! I really enjoyed watching episodes 1&2, and I liked how their overall direction towards it!

The battle between Ash and Clemont was pretty cool! I was into it as well - since they both used pretty impressive stradegies, and Ash seems like he has his imagination and battle experience intact! I'm really glad they didn't seem to depict Ash as a "newbie". :3
Old October 18th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
I'm pretty surprised that everyone is so shocked about Satoshi not losing experience. Kalos is new AG so it was pretty obvious they will leave him untouched =) Not to mention his party... if he isn't the experienced one, who would it be? =)
He will lose experience in the next series anyways, though =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famon View Post
I heard Pokemon XY Series has a new Director and that's why its different !!!
I wouldn't say it's only because of that.
As I already said, Satoshi retaining his experience makes the series look good from the start. Director change is only coincidence =)
Old October 18th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Nature: Quirky
It's a good thing I got to watch these episodes today before the dubs tomorrow (just so I can compare the two in terms of dialogue and BGM). I really liked how Ash isn't treated as a newbie trainer like the previous saga, which I'm glad they did. Froakie has really showed itself as a cool Pokémon; I can't wait for its evolutions in the future.

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Old October 19th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I think the Pokemon Anime has finally been renewed. So far at this point, if they continue the way they started, Kalos will become my favorite anime season. It was a first time in a long time that I wish the commercials would go away.
Old October 19th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Kouzan
When did the sky turn black?

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Kouzan
Just watched the dub's sneak peak.

I have to say I'm impressed. It ended up being a bit better than Black and White so far. At least Ash seems a bit smarter and actually recognizes Pokemon he's seen before. And unlike in BW, he wasn't resetted and dumbed down. There was actually continuation from Unova and he knew his experience from past series. The new writers and new director and really made a intriguing and intense story in my opinion. The animation is a step up from BW too especially in things like when Ash catches a Pokemon and Team Rocket's motto.

Clemont's awesome so far and Bonnie, his sister is too adorable for words. I was expecting Clemont's voice to be nerdier but I still liked it. Froakie was the star of the two episodes and he was so beastly all throughout. I'm glad he went with Ash in the end, could really help him out. Serena's temper was interesting, her voice was not bad either probably has to grow on me. Overall I was satisfied with it and really want to see if it gets better from here.

Oh oh these are beautiful times.
Clubs: Dark Type Club | Adventure Time Club
EGC | BMGf | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to

Last edited by Kouzan; October 19th, 2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old October 19th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Terabyte

Nature: Jolly
I really liked the episodes that's for sure! And just how Team Rocket is returning to old times (Wobbuffet and blasting off again) made me want to stick with watching the anime for the next episode when that comes around.

The title card this series also makes me wonder if Clemont and Bonnie are joining Ash as well, but I wonder how that would be when it comes to Ash having to battle him for an actual gym badge. Of course Clemont being able to unlock a door into the tower is clear foreshadowing that he's the leader of the gym.

And for Serena, for some odd reason, she reminds me a bit of Dawn.. maybe it's because of her reaction to everything or just how I think she'll deal with Ash when she does meet him.
Old October 19th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Gogoat Rocks!
GoGo Gogoat!

Nature: Brave
I thought it was a awesome start to the anime.

Pokemon Y: 1048 9262 1484
Friend Safari: Ground. Trapinch, Camerupt Gastrodon.

Last edited by Gogoat Rocks!; October 19th, 2013 at 11:10 PM. Reason: do not post links
Old October 20th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

So I got onto it as well =D (He, English version is within week after Japanese? o.O)

EP1
Wow, Serena has room filled with Pokeplushies :D Her seiyuu sounds pretty cute considering it's the one that voices Gui in Naruto o.O
Wow, Kalos is really filled with Pokemon from all regions... Satoshi's gonna have tough time capturing only Kalos ones =D
OP... um... not bad, not as good as the BW ones. Fitting for a burning start, though =D
I like the intro (ep name) screen, though =D
I wonder how Rocket-dan got to Kalos so fast... I mean... Satoshi went there with PLANE! :D
Aaaww... Poor Satoshi's dream of Pansy's imouto (WHAT?! Chrome thinks imouto is an english word and doesn't correct it?!) Gym Battle destroyed =D It would be weird if he actually went to Gym Battle with only Pikachu =D
He? Erikiteru is suddenly all narenare with Satoshi =D
And so she left... :/
Dat robot voice! :D Still... electrifying challengers...? o.O That's some high gym xD
Citron... DAT VOICE! Eotens fans will love this series.
Gee... I wanted Yurika (sounds much better than Eureka... Eureka should be left in Eureka Seven =D) to call Satoshi "Satoshi-onii-chan" xDDD That would be moe overload :D
MEGA COOL BATTLE START ANIMATION!!!!!!!!!
Satoshi using strategy! Oh YEA! Hoenn/Sinnoh Satoshi is back!
He... different style but same motto, Rocket-dan won't change =D
Keromatsu badass!

EP2:
Rodeo on Rhyhorn? Um... Rodehorn? xD
Obviously poor Citron is slow as he has to hold every bag =D
Oh... poor Kero... Charmander, Chimchar and Tepig way again... Now it's not fire starter. More changes. And it seems Satoshi won't obtain grass starter as it seems it will be Citron's.
Poor little guy... he must be in pain
Hyper Beam has new ultra epic animation :D
Heh... Serena's mom totally unfazed =D
OMFG ALL THAT ACTION! TOO AWESOME!!!!
Lol... Zukan's are going more and more square =D
Ooooooo.... that scene =D Keromatsu kawaii :D
Wow, seriously... they made Pokemon inside of the ball respond by tilting the ball.
That getto daze animation!

WOW... seriously, WOW. I don't think we could get better start of this season!
Old October 20th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Wobbu
Wobbuffet tho

Nature: Relaxed
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
>,____,<

These first two episodes are giving me high expectations for the rest of the series. I hope that the rest of the episodes will follow in their footsteps.

XY001:
I really liked the Lumiose City music that played during the beginning. If Viola is away from her Gym and Ash can't challenge the Lumiose City Gym, where does he go? Cyllage City? Or will Viola happen to return when Ash reaches Santalune City? I wonder how much significance Alexa will have during this series. I hope she will continue to make appearances after Ash does his Santalune City stuff.

XY002:
Really good episode. I was hoping that Garchomp would have Mega Evolved at some point but seeing Mega Blaziken in action was good enough. Lol when Wobbuffet popped out of his ball when TR was on the tree branch. A little strange how fast the sun set. The sky was completely orange and turned black one second later... That whole scene on top of Prism Tower was amazing tough.
Old October 20th, 2013, 09:38 PM
precita

Great episodes.

Anyone who likes this arc should go back and watch Hoenn or early DP, they're very similar.
Old October 20th, 2013, 11:39 PM
ilias_

Just watched the first episode and I found it pretty amazing!!!

Wobbuffet is really strong and I was expecting its return to be acknowledged by Ash, you know. I haven't seen the end of the BW series yet cause I watch the dub so I don't know if its return was mentioned before they leave Kanto. I just wanted Ash to say "Oh,look It's Wobbuffet" lol

And I think they made a lot of nostalgic fans happy because they didn't say how old he is and Ash remembered all the Pokemon he has seen. I really can't wait for the next episodes!!!

Froakie is too cute!!!!

Just watched the 2nd episode too. Professor Sycamore is awesome! I really like all the characters, I hope Clemont and Bonnie follow Ash on the journey. (Cause they told Ash at the first episode that they want to go on an adventure in the future). I liked Serena a lot! Can't wait for the next episode now!

(Do you know when CN is going to air the next episodes?)

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokemon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.

Last edited by ilias_; October 21st, 2013 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links