The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 22nd, 2013, 02:08 PM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
Okay, yes. The theme song is pretty darn great. At least the Japanese, I really don't even know if an English episode has been released yet xD I prefer to watch them in Japanese with English subs anyways.

dave x jade // moderator of RPC and PGen
Old October 22nd, 2013, 03:31 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilias_ View Post
(Do you know when CN is going to air the next episodes?)
I'm guessing about seven Saturdays from now. I think there are only seven BW eps left :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure View Post
Okay, yes. The theme song is pretty darn great. At least the Japanese, I really don't even know if an English episode has been released yet xD I prefer to watch them in Japanese with English subs anyways.
The English dub didn't even have a theme song... I don't know if it was because the episodes were a 'preview' or because I happened to miss it twice in a row? I'm hoping we'll get one when the actual series starts to air because no theme = lame :\

Elite Four Drake would like to battle!
Salamence (Lv. 55) - Intimidate - (Dragon Rush, Zen Headbutt)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: FINALE
November 21st and 28th / Staff Collab 2014
Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:05 PM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
As far as I can tell there's no dub theme yet. Hopefully it's as amazing as the Japanese theme though. <3
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old October 22nd, 2013, 11:50 PM
ilias_

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsziede View Post
I'm guessing about seven Saturdays from now. I think there are only seven BW eps left
Yeah, only 7 episodes left. I guess you are right. I hope they don't take a break after they stop airing the BW series tho. Cause I can't wait lol

Quote:
The English dub didn't even have a theme song... I don't know if it was because the episodes were a 'preview' or because I happened to miss it twice in a row? I'm hoping we'll get one when the actual series starts to air because no theme = lame :\
Yeah, as Anna said there is no theme yet. But I want them to keep the "episode title" screen. It's cool.. Also the "Who's that Pokemon" screen is good too.

Pokémon X
Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old October 24th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Bruce Banner
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner

I watched the first and second episode last night on Youtube. There is a compilation of both of the episodes into one video.

My review of the first episode:

This new season seems different! Ash has entered a new region, but many of the same elements are still there. We saw about an even mix of both pokemon from other regions as well as pokemon from the new region. I liked this because it seems like the new region will tie in more with the existing regions. This was different because I remember at the beginning of Unova, we saw almost all pokemon from the new region. I like the two new protagonists that have entered the scene: Bonnie and Clemont. Bonnie is a cute little girl that loves pokemon more than anything. She wants a pokemon of her own, but can't have one because she is too young. I predict, though, that she will get a dedenne later on in the series because she is seen with one in the opening music. Clermont is my new favorite character. He is my favorite because he uses science to solve his problems; this is different than Ash’s other companions. I personally like his character a lot. The next person is Serena, I think that she will either join ash on his journey or become Ash’s rival.

Overall, the episode offered a great opening to the new series. The characters were established well, and it left mystery for the viewers. We want to know more about Bonnie, Clermont and Serena. Do Bonnie and Clermont somehow tie in with the Lumiose City gym? In XY, Clermont is the leader of the gym. How will this have an affect on Ash? The introduction of megas in the series with mega Blaziken, was wicked! I absolutely loved seeing him in the show, and apparently Ash and Pikachu did as well. Team Rocket seems stronger too. Wobuffet kicked tail with mirror coat, and looked like he had Ah on the ropes for a second. The introduction of Froakie saving the day was probably my favorite part of the episode. I give the episode an 8/10

My review of episode 2:

Now that froakie has been hurt saving pikachu, Ash, Clermont and Bonnie must take him to Professor Sycamore’s lab. They arrive at his lab in time to save Froakie. In there they talk with the Professor and see a friendly garchomp. They learn that the froakie has been given to numerous trainers but they all have given him away because he would not listen to them. Everything seems to be going well until Team Rocket arrives and latches some kind of necklace on garchomp. Garchomp goes crazy and blasts Team Rocket off with a hyper beam. The rest of the episode is Ash and friends trying to calm the garchomp down by removing the necklace? Will Ash succeed?

This was personally my favorite episode so far. This shows how dedicated and how much Ash loves his pokemon. He rushes to save a froakie that he just met, and then tries to save a garchomp that he barely knows. Ash also provides an example to Clermont, and Clermont joins Ash in the help to save the Garchomp. Ash climbs all the way up to the top of prism tower and eventually saves the garchomp after much persuasion. After that, Pikachu falls from the tower and without hesitation Ash jumps off of the tower to save his pokemon. This was personally my favorite part of the episode! Ash once again shows dedication that he will do anything for his pokemon. A part that I found interesting was when Serena was watching Ash from the TV. I wonder what that flashback could have been about? Could it have been when Ash was younger? I think that Serena and Ash have certain ties to each other, that will be shown later on in the series. A look of how powerful the new mega evolutions are was later revealed when mega blaziken saved Ash and Pikachu when they were falling. I wonder if Ash will have to verse that trainer later on? They may ever be allies! Froakie becoming Ash's first pokemon in the Kalos region was icing on the cake.

Episode 2 gets a 9/10.

Overall both of the episodes were great! They offered a great beginning to the new series, and have kept me, as a fan interested in watching further on!

---Signature here---

Last edited by Bruce Banner; October 24th, 2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old October 27th, 2013, 09:31 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Just saw the episodes today, and I have to say I was impressed, I didn't expect such a strong start!

It was great to see that they didn't reset Ash like they did when the BW saga started, so he was able to stand his ground in the battle with Clemont. Who turned out to be quite strong, considering his Bunnelby was caught only recently. Now, I know Clemont is a Gym Leader in the games, but they haven't explicitly introduced him as such in the anime, and he actually doesn't seem to be yet. I'm hoping that currently the Gym Leader is in fact his father or something, and he'll be appointed as the new Gym Leader when Ash is finally ready to battle for the Voltage Badge.

I have high hopes for Froakie, he's my favorite starter this generation, so I'm thrilled to see him appear so early on! And he's such a great character too, he seems strong and smart to use his sticky froth in battle, and he was so cute at the end when he wanted to joins Ash's team. I'm looking forward to see more of him this season ♥

Team Rocket are back to their usual shenanigans, but with a weird collar to -- what were they even planning anyway? They seem to be going for Froakie now too, maybe they're changing their target from Pikachu to him now, hehe.

Serena seems like a fun character, I can't wait to see her start her journey and meet up with Ash. I'm really curious to see how she knows him, I suspect that she and her mother are actually from Kanto and she met him once when they were little, but I don't think they were friends or have ever even met personally.

What else? Hmm, Ash being worried about Froakie, risking it to take the collar off Garchomp, jumping off Prism Tower to save Pikachu... A really crazy episode, almost seemed like a season finale.

< Trick or Treat! >
Old October 27th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Basculin
Dragonite Fan

Nature: Gentle
I really did like these first 2 episodes. I really like Froakie. Bonnie and Clemont are awesome because it reminds me of May & Max! I'm glad they brought back a younger sibling. I do hope Alexa will return at some point. I was upset that they left us hanging with BW, but I do realize now that they aren't finished. Silly me! I'm really excited for Serena and Ash's relationship. Excited for next week!

Platinum FC:
1291 7915 8896
White FC: 1163 2702 7590
White 2 FC: 2280 5895 3333
Pokemon X FC: 4081 6662 2044
CMT? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...22#post6883822
Old October 27th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAU View Post
It was great to see that they didn't reset Ash like they did when the BW saga started, so he was able to stand his ground in the battle with Clemont. Who turned out to be quite strong, considering his Bunnelby was caught only recently. Now, I know Clemont is a Gym Leader in the games, but they haven't explicitly introduced him as such in the anime, and he actually doesn't seem to be yet. I'm hoping that currently the Gym Leader is in fact his father or something, and he'll be appointed as the new Gym Leader when Ash is finally ready to battle for the Voltage Badge.
My assumption was that Clemont is the Gym Leader because I think he'll be like the Brock/Cilan of the group (minus some personality differences) and how he and Bonnie reacted when Ash said something rude about the Gym Leader after Ash was denied access to the Gym. I'm thinking that Clemont will keep his status on the dl until Ash gets four badges and challenges the Lumiose City Gym.

Trick or Treat!
:P

Old October 27th, 2013, 01:01 PM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
My assumption was that Clemont is the Gym Leader because I think he'll be like the Brock/Cilan of the group (minus some personality differences) and how he and Bonnie reacted when Ash said something rude about the Gym Leader after Ash was denied access to the Gym. I'm thinking that Clemont will keep his status on the dl until Ash gets four badges and challenges the Lumiose City Gym.
Clemont and Bonnie are definitely connected to the Gym, but I don't know, when Bonnie said that the Lumiose Gym Leader is someone very strong, Clemont didn't really react at all. And when they leave Lumiose in XY003, he looks back at the Prism Tower and says "I'll have to do my best" -- or something like that, I'm watching it with French subtitles. So I have the feeling that he's actually on a journey to become stronger to assume his role as the Gym Leader. But yeah, he may also already be the Gym Leader and just feel the need to leave to hone his skills, like Brock and Cilan did. However, Brock left the Gym in his father's care, and Cilan had his brothers to take care of things, so I wonder who's in charge of Lumiose Gym for now?

Either way, I also think that we'll only find out his true identity when Ash returns to Lumiose to challenge the Gym for his fifth badge.
Old October 28th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Dang. Had to watch these two for the Haloween thing.

Dat Froakie rox. I mean come on, finally a good enough starter pick! I totally wuv the first one AND WOBBUFFET JUST MY GODDD WHERE DID YOU HIDE YOUR SKILLL

Serena's pretty OK but I think they could have added more pep... just me. Professor Sycamore isn't a bore so he's fine to work with I think. These two just reminded me of the Hoenn arc... wow, looks like they're bringing the old Hoenn talent back here XD

Spoiler:
MEGA BLAZIKEN MY GOD YOU ARE TOTALLY UNDERHYPED AND AWESOME WAAH I WANT ONEEEE
Sorry for shouting so much but for watching this late I was totally surprised that they revealed Mega Blaziken so early (was expecting May to come back at the later episodes so yeah) and I guess the business is going to be better with the new mega now out.

Origins + X&Y made me a total anime buff once again... after four years of Hoenn rewatches too lol

Trick or Treat!
Old October 28th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAU View Post
Now, I know Clemont is a Gym Leader in the games, but they haven't explicitly introduced him as such in the anime, and he actually doesn't seem to be yet. I'm hoping that currently the Gym Leader is in fact his father or something, and he'll be appointed as the new Gym Leader when Ash is finally ready to battle for the Voltage Badge.
That would break the series party rule where Satoshi's male companion is a Gym Leader =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 28th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Famon

I wish Serena didn't had that band on her hear when she wake up.
I could get to see how serena really look when she untie her hair and doesn't anything on it because of that band .
I hope I get to see her fully untied hair style unlike Iris in this series.
Does anyone else think that she might look like ''Lady Caitlin'' when she fully untie her hair .

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 29th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Finally able to give my opinion on this. Better late than never though, right?

Right off the bat, I absolutely loved the first two episodes. There was just so much energy in the first two episodes and the animation was completely gorgeous that I actually watched them both after the special preview twice. I never do that, unless it's a rerun of an older episode from the Original Series or Advanced Generation.

Overall, I really liked the flow and feel of both episodes. The anime always works best as a more continuous story than the average CotD type storytelling. They handled the introduction really well, and it was so great not seeing Pikachu get reset again. Same can be said about Ash not acting like a total n00b. It's like the writers are actually listening to us this time. Whaaaat!? There was also enough action, mystery, and humor that really kept me glued to the television. I didn't want to miss anything!

Also, Serena. Ohmygosh, Serena. I love her! She might be my new favorite female lead since May. In the second episode when she made that snappy remark about the bruises on her face, I died. I just, ugh, she's perfect. I can't wait to see what the chemistry and interactions will be like when she joins the group. It should be very interesting!

Let's talk about the battles though! Oh man, never have Pokémon battles in the anime looked better. To see the action and Pokémon reactions happen in real time rather than with that awful preset background made everything so much more exciting. I also like the VS. screen that came up; a nice nod to the games. I hope none of this disappears in the future episodes. Please, please, please.

I also like Clemont and Bonnie. Although, while I could tell they were hiding the fact that Clemont was the Lumiose City gym leader from Ash (and likely the unknowing audience) it was a bit puzzling how it seemed like Sycamore didn't even know who Clemont was. That didn't make sense to me and might be my only complaint. I was nervous that Bonnie would end up annoying, but I actually really liked her energy and chemistry with her brother. Again, I can't wait to see what the group dynamic will be this season. It should be interesting!

Not that I need to say it again, but I'm really impressed with the X and Y start so far. I get the feeling we're in for a real treat this season. One can only hope anyway!
Old November 2nd, 2013, 07:50 PM
Bruce Banner
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
Already posted once, but I just want to reitarate that these two episodes were a good kick off for the new series! I thought that they foreshadowed future event to come. Also, I think that they set up the series quite well and brought a lot of hype to the series.

Trick or Treat!
Old November 3rd, 2013, 09:31 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

OK, I was just watching this episode to see how the anime was going after not having watched since the start of BW...and wow. I think I might be hooked again. I'm actually really interested in finding out why Serena wants to meet Ash so much. Pikachu has had the inevitable "level-reset", but Ash hasn't. TR are so much more enjoyable being silly than they are being bland and serious like they were in BW. I'm wondering why the yellow-haired guy is saying that he's not the gym leader, though.

Also, there is a full length version of the Japanese theme on YouTube. It's a live performance by the singer and, er...it shows he isn't the best at singing.
Old November 4th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
I'm actually really interested in finding out why Serena wants to meet Ash so much.
They are osananajimi (childhood friends) as they apparently met up in the past =)
That's why.
I believe it was shown in episode 2...?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old November 4th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
They are osananajimi (childhood friends) as they apparently met up in the past =)
That's why.
I believe it was shown in episode 2...?
Oh, really? I was sure there was no explanation to it, just a flashback to when he was young. But perhaps I probably wasn't paying attention or something, haha.
Old November 4th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
It was a very short flashback from Serena at the end of the second episode that showed a much younger Ash. It definitely hinted towards the two of them meeting each other at some point in their past.
Old November 11th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Kid Sonic

I know it's late, but I HAVE to post this:

I'm just going to say it now and ASAP. I'm dreading Pokemon the Series: XY. In the first two episodes we have been introduced to three new characters. I'll just tell you why I'm not so thrill or psyched about the new region in the anime.

Serena - Simply because she is the main female lead. Records shows from past regions that these female have butted heads with Ash for petty out-of-character reasons. From Misty, to May, to Dawn, and the worst, IRIS, especially since half the time, they have no business traveling with him in the first place. And because of their tempers or brattiness, they have no right to even consider Ash as a friend. What lands Serena in the anxiety zone is how she is easily irritated when her mother has Fletching give her a rude awakening and how her mother forces her to practice riding a Rhyhorn. From her perspective, this can be justifiable since her mother isn't the most compassionate with it comes to tough love, and 75% of us have had it up to here with our own parents. Let's hope and pray that Ash is spared from all of this. And of course, this is without going into her trope as The Fashionista, to the point where Ash doesn't get it and natter squabbles ensue (Ash being called a little kid because he has bad taste or no taste/interest in fashion).

Clemont - Already before introductions can be made, Clemont has already scolded Bonnie for squeezing Ash's Pikachu (something that nearly every child in the anime has done with little reprimand). Needless to say, if Clemont stays true to his status as Promoted To Parent/Team Dad, and is anything like Sanzo from Monkey Magic, then the series is in for a rocky journey, while the rest of us have to sit through it. Honestly, May was never this tight with Max. I just hope Clemont actually comforts Bonnie during any Break the Cutie moments, and not have Ash do all the work.

Bonnie - While I have defend her in the above entry, she has already criticized Clemont for being too slow (Granted that they were in the middle of two emergency situations in one episode). Hopefully, this won't be a running gag where it impacts against her likability, if it becomes as irritating as Max pulling Brock's ear, and she becomes as irritating as Iris or All Grown Up's Kimi Finster, where Clemont is reduced to a doormat and you have to feel sorry for him.

"Your worst enemy is the exact opposite of yourself, in every way." ~ Kid Sonic

Quote:
Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Then what's the point of a sig?

My Pokemon X Friend Code: 1134-7195-2831
Old January 18th, 2014, 11:30 AM
ilias_

Lemme say this before Anna locks the thread

The opening theme is this. http://youtu.be/hIXdyRpuSLc with some more lyrics. I don't like this remix. They could have kept it. Anyway!

Pokémon X
Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old January 18th, 2014, 12:05 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

The theme felt rushed...but they only had 30 seconds though.
Old January 18th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

I didn't think that the remix was going to be the actual theme :o I thought it would just be used for promotional purposes. I'm curious as to what the other themes are going to sound like during XY, unless they go Kanto style and use the same theme throughout the entire series.

Old January 18th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
oh my Arceus yes, they used it! :D

i'm glad that the remix from that trailer was used as the main theme here. i thought it would be the whole thing, but even a 30-second version is fine with me. i said i would do something if it was used, but i can't remember what it was. time for me to find that post. xD
Old January 18th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Gogoat Rocks!
The Mount Pokémon

Nature: Timid

What do you think?
I think it's awesome. but never as good as the original :)
Super Secret Base QR code:
Spoiler:

Alpha Sapphire team so far:

Last edited by Anna; January 19th, 2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old January 19th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Hikamaru
Ωmega and αlpha
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I find it kinda interesting they did a redone version of the original theme song, but then again X/Y gave us loads of throwbacks to the old generations in-game like having loads of old Pokemon in the Pokedex. But still, I'd probably have to wait a year before this airs where I am given how badly the Australian airings of Pokemon are handled.

Until then, I guess I could cheat and watch online. Still love the song nonetheless.

Sponsored Links