The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 19th, 2014, 06:47 AM
Railgun

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Wish I knew who sang it. I'm so getting AG vibes already! :D Hoenn Confirmed! JK
Old January 19th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I guess it is ok, but still not as good as AD theme songs.
Old January 19th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Railgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
I guess it is ok, but still not as good as AD theme songs.
AD? After Death? Never heard therm for Pokemon used before what does it mean?
Old January 19th, 2014, 09:36 AM
MegaIndianCharizardX
Making johto anime hack.

Nature: Brave
Its ok but i didn't like it as much as other themes!

My Profile / My Johto Anime Hack Thread / My Johto Anime Team Disscusion Thread
Old January 19th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Nature: Quirky
The remix of the original English theme song is really unfitting for the Kalos saga, because Ash never plans to try catch 'em all, especially since there's only 72 new Pokémon, which isn't a good achievement number to brag about. Theme songs are suppose to explain what's currently going on in the show.

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Old January 19th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Railgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
The remix of the original English theme song is really unfitting for the Kalos saga, because Ash never plans to try catch 'em all, especially since there's only 72 new Pokémon, which isn't a good achievement number to brag about. Theme songs are suppose to explain what's currently going on in the show.
But Ash is not the only person in the show. From what I hear we get a capture from someone almost every other ep in the first 12/13 alone. Sure it will slow down but still
Old January 19th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Aquacorde
↪ i can do anything

Nature: Bold
Not a fan of them reusing that theme tbh. For one, the remix doesn't have the energy of the original. Two, no character's goal is to catch them all anymore. It's "meet them all", if anything. Or "feature them all", if we're thinking from an out-of-universe perspective. And three, using that theme gives the impression that they're thinking about it like a refresh of the show. Which would be more applicable to what they were trying to do in BW. However, that could also be interpreted as a revitalization of the show- a more "mature" sound than the original peppy theme, and all the actual new things that XY brought/is bringing that BW failed to.

I still don't like the reuse, though. They're definitely trying to appeal to the older audiences who haven't been watching lately. I mean, clearly it worked, but I'd rather that had just been used for previews and the occasional BGM when they inevitably have to insert something different.
Old January 25th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Nature: Quirky
Now that I've seen both episodes dubbed in English, it's time to give out my review.

The dialogue still needs to be worked on, because saying things like "when people cry, Pokémon also cry" and "they're a group of really bad guys trying to steal my Pikachu" sounds really unprofessional too simplified. In other anime dubs, they use more complex vocabulary, as well as use of metaphors, to make it sound more well-written than the original Japanese translation, which the dub is using for the most part, thus explaining said awkward dialogue. For the voices, Clemont's voice should've been lighter, and Bonnie's voice isn't as cute as the Japanese version, not to mention a bit annoying. Serena and Sycamore's voices are decent though. I can't believe they still add BGM of their own to scenes where the BGM isn't played (there's been moments in American cartoons where music isn't played, so why couldn't the same be said for the dub). Guess it was right for me to watch the Japanese episodes first for a better experience.

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links