Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 16th, 2013, 07:50 AM
gokaiblue

Nature: Calm
I've been on a Webber kick for quite some time, and it's not going away anytime soon. There's something about his musicals that are just so timeless and beautiful. My favorite of his works is most definitely The Phantom of the Opera, but I also enjoy his other works such as Starlight Express, Evita, CATS, and many more.

So, I decided to create a fan club for other phans of his work. Whether you're a phan of Phantom and/or Love Never Dies, Evita, Song and Dance, CATS or any other musical with music by ALW, this is the place for you.

How to join:
Here's the format you should use to join.

Username:
Favorite ALW musical:
Favorite ALW piece:

After you type that, continue on with discussing the monthly topic.

This week's topic: How you discovered ALW.

Members:

Spoiler:

Username: gokaiblue
Favorite ALW musical: The Phantom of the Opera
Favorite ALW piece: "Music of the Night"

Rules:
1. Follow all PC rules
2. Discuss the topic thoroughly and intelligently.
3. Keep the topic going
4. Do not flame others for their favorite piece and/or musical
-----------------------------------------------
I suppose I'll start this week's discussion. The way I discovered the works of ALW is probably a bit different than how you discovered his works. I was in a small youth production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The music was so fun to sing and even more fun to listen to. However, it wasn't until I saw Phantom on Broadway did I truly fall in love with his work.

His melodies are so captivating. Each note is mystical bliss. Every note is masterfully crafted to invoke a certain emotion, and no track exemplifies it than "Til I Hear You Sing," from LND. Each note reflects The Phantom's anguish over not seeing his darling Christine for 10 long years. It truly shows the genius of Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber.
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Old October 21st, 2013, 06:14 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Sure, why not. All approved and ready for posting!

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links