The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 16th, 2013, 04:33 PM
kidpaddle45

Nature: Modest

by Kidpaddle45
EDIT: SCROLL DOWN TO RECENT POSTS FOR LATEST UPDATES.
Intro:
Hi everyone, I'm Kidpaddle45, a game developer. I've been working on a Pokemon game for the past few months and today I would like to present it to you guys; This... is Pokemon Atom!

Pokemon Atom is a 100% free to play Pokemon MMORPG. It was developed with the BYOND engine. The game feels and plays like GBA/DS games and there was a lot of effort put into recreating the battle interfaces to feel like the real games. The game features 2 generations of Pokemon and with the online gaming support, you'll be able to battle and trade with your friends.

What's Pokemon Atom?:

- Play with friends ONLINE!

*With the built-in multi-player support on BYOND, Pokemon Atom can be played with friends from all over the planet.

- A whole new experience:

*Pokemon Atom is full of Pokemon from Gen1 and Gen2 games...And we're adding more!
*A completely new region with new towns/gyms.
*Weekly/Monthly events with prices...You'll never get bored!

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Online Game-play Video:

Spoiler:
Watch in fullscreen & 720P

Current Progress:

The game is fully programmed with 238 Pokemon in-game (without the legendary.) The game lacks a lot in terms of world-design.

Releases:

No release date as of now...
A possible Alpha testing server may be up around january. I host private servers for those interested, just PM me.

For more information click on this button:

Help the game grow in popularity by becoming a fan on INDIE DB:

Pokemon Atom: The online Pokemon MMORPG!

Last edited by kidpaddle45; June 20th, 2014 at 07:35 AM.
Old October 17th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

Wow, I like the battle screen, it makes a change that the battle looks different...
You're right about the world looking, bare... I could possibly help with that, PM me if you want.
Old October 17th, 2013, 06:09 AM
kidpaddle45

Sure, I will contact you via PM when I get back from College and send you my Skype so we can discuss this more.

Old June 4th, 2014, 03:42 PM
kidpaddle45

Back on track with some updates. Finally found a world-designer interested in helping.
The Pokemon MMO is coming soon! Until then, here are some new screenshots of the maps and the new UI:

Online gameplay video can be found here (old):
Spoiler:

Old June 9th, 2014, 09:30 PM
HoneClaw

Nature: Serious
Wow, this is really cool! How far along is the battle system?

Do you plan on allowing plug-ins / making it open source and letting people have their own servers, sort of like Pokemon Showdown does?

Also, really minor thing at this point, but you should definitely use the DP/BW Fonts for the game. It makes the game much more authentic imo.
Old June 10th, 2014, 05:41 PM
kidpaddle45

Hi. Thanks for your interest.
Programming-wise, EVERYTHING has been finished, including the battle system. Which is turn-based (with a timer for online battles). The game features a fully customisable trainer base. You can buy clothes, change haircuts and even your skin tone. We are working on adding as much overlays as possible so every player can have it's own style.

As for the game being open-source. Sadly it won't be. There will be 1 main server at release (English) but hopefully we'll be adding 2 more. (French and Spanish).

Thank you for your suggestion. I will give it a shot and download the font!

Some more screenshots

Old June 20th, 2014, 07:31 AM
kidpaddle45

Hello everyone. A little update video showing the new UI in Pokemon Atom and some of the interface commands (Bag,Pokemon Window and Pokedex)

Old June 22nd, 2014, 02:48 AM
AngelicPikachu
"We're Ready"

Nature: Quiet
This is really looking nice kid..can't wait to see it up in running...really loving the battle screen and the sprite animations

"NEVER TO OLD TO BE A GAMER"
COMPLETE CHALLENGES:
Event: Challeggs (Pokemon Y)
NPC Challenge: Veteran (Volt White 2)
Trio Nature Challenge: Zoo Y
CURRENT CHALLENGES:
Favorite Challenge X/Y (0/8) -on hold-
Username Challenge V4-Yin Black 2 (0/8)

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links