Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 20th, 2013, 03:23 PM
LoveSnoopy
Jason

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to LoveSnoopy

Advertise here
I'm at 411+ eggs trying to hatch out a shiny Froakie w/ Protean, still no luck however.
Old October 20th, 2013, 03:30 PM
~DarkAchu~
Shady Character Lurking Around

I'm at around 400+ Fennekin Eggs..then got annoyed with seeing it over and over and over again with little success so I moved to Chespin which I'm up to around 100 eggs...

Want to try Froakie as well but I want a female Protean parent..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diamond FC: 2836 1970 7214 OT: Scott
HG: 3181 5060 5848 OT Scott
White: 4298 2213 8887 OT Dark
X: 4597-0519-6286
Old October 20th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Hinokage
Ghost Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hinokage Send a message via Skype™ to Hinokage
Don't think my heart can take much more Duskull breeding, and just thinking of dealing with all of the leftovers after I do maybe get my shiny makes me cringe.
A copy of my Y version team without the Gen VI Pokemon along with my 3DS friend code, drop me a message somewhere if you want to add me and I'll add you back ASAP.

Honorable mentions that couldn't be added to the trainer card at the moment: Jack the Gourgeist, Cherry the Trevenant, and Crest the Aegislash
Old October 20th, 2013, 03:58 PM
mike39201

Nature: Timid
The masuda method means having a pokemon from a foreign region and breeding it with a pokemon from yours right?
I have a japanese ditto and i'm breeding it with alot of my pokemon to prepare for supertraining and trying to get shinies too.
Old October 20th, 2013, 03:58 PM
deanstroyer

i got shiny pichu on 5th egg.
my luck hasnt run out as I just wonder traded and received mewtwo!
Old October 20th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Universal
Musician
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Universal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike39201 View Post
The masuda method means having a pokemon from a foreign region and breeding it with a pokemon from yours right?
I have a japanese ditto and i'm breeding it with alot of my pokemon to prepare for supertraining and trying to get shinies too.
Correct sir!

Don't give up guys and girls! It takes a lot of time!

Shiny giveaway soon!!

Shiny Value is 95!!
3DS FC (Pokemon Y)
Name: Matthew
FC: 2621-3105-9791
White FC

Name: Prodigy
FC: 1979-4040-6808
Old October 20th, 2013, 04:45 PM
mike39201

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercyful Fate View Post
Correct sir!

Don't give up guys and girls! It takes a lot of time!
Thank you, i shall keep trying for shinies.
Old October 20th, 2013, 04:57 PM
BadBurrito10

I have hatched about 15 Houndours and all were Female besides 2 males. Hoping to get shiny mega houndour! :D
IGN: Nate FC 5215-0463-2728 Willing to help with trade evolutions, just VM me.
Old October 20th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Gawerty
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Managed to get Shiny Munchlax and Shiny Gastly. Love the MM. Shiny Munchlax has taken approximately 450 eggs and 3 days. Shiny Gastly I got lucky and got it on the 24th egg in about an hour and 30 minutes.
"You joined for ROM Hacking, didn't you, Gawerty?"
Indeed I did, you smart forums you!
Old October 20th, 2013, 06:45 PM
oshawottlover13

if i have 2 fletchinders with flame body will that speed it up quicker than one flethcinder? lol thats a stupid question but i wanna know lol
<When Whitney sends out Miltank

Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/leavsidchiptric13
Blogger Account: https://www.blogger.com/home
Old October 20th, 2013, 07:14 PM
BadBurrito10

@Oshwatt I want to know that too, but that probably is not how it works.

BTW does anyone know if it will be a higher chance of shiny if the ditto or the regular pkmn is foreign? Cause I got a foreign houndour with a local ditto, but I just got a foreign ditto so I want to know if it raises the chances or not.
IGN: Nate FC 5215-0463-2728 Willing to help with trade evolutions, just VM me.
Old October 20th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Hinokage
Ghost Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hinokage Send a message via Skype™ to Hinokage
Flame Body/Magma Armor abilities do not stack effects outside of battle like that for hatching eggs. Though I wish it did.
A copy of my Y version team without the Gen VI Pokemon along with my 3DS friend code, drop me a message somewhere if you want to add me and I'll add you back ASAP.

Honorable mentions that couldn't be added to the trainer card at the moment: Jack the Gourgeist, Cherry the Trevenant, and Crest the Aegislash
Old October 20th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Tititienne
Psychic

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshawottlover13 View Post
if i have 2 fletchinders with flame body will that speed it up quicker than one flethcinder? lol thats a stupid question but i wanna know lol
No, Flame Body and Magma Armor don't stack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBurrito10 View Post
@Oshwatt I want to know that too, but that probably is not how it works.

BTW does anyone know if it will be a higher chance of shiny if the ditto or the regular pkmn is foreign? Cause I got a foreign houndour with a local ditto, but I just got a foreign ditto so I want to know if it raises the chances or not.
It doesn't matter. As long as you have two Pokémon with different home locations, you have increased chances to get a shiny (about 1/1365 in generation V, I don't know if it was boosted in generation VI).

Y
Lucrece (5343 8620 4124)
Black 2
Halle (4814 6931 9605)
White
Fenn (2022 9296 5058)
Old October 20th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Universal
Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshawottlover13 View Post
You're better off combing Flame Body and the Egg Hatch O-Power, they stack and it's really noticeable.

Quick tip for you guys, get two of the same species pokemon with two different language, more eggs would be produced.

Shiny giveaway soon!!

Shiny Value is 95!!
3DS FC (Pokemon Y)
White FC

Old October 20th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Jigglymilk
Awakening The Blade

Nature: Sassy
Sigh. I'm beginning to wonder if ditto counts as an MM reliable pokemon? I'm just nervous I'm doing something wrong with having a JPN ditto and american ralts... It feels like a JPN ralts and American ralts might have better results but I don't know i hatched 100+ pumpkaboo eggs and took a break for ralts... I've filled up 5 and a half boxes, nothing yet. I know it takes a lot of eggs sometimes but I'm feeling so discouraged
3DS friend code: 4699-5168-7204
Old October 20th, 2013, 07:41 PM
MAD31NCH1NA

After 300 eggs... I realized I had been doing it wrong... There was no little sign on the top that said JPN or SPA or some other region, even though I got it from a friend in the UK. *facepalm* Let's start again, shiny Goomy. *shakes fist angrily at self*
http://dvg7rwb00cnlr.cloudfront.net/74104c50-36e6-11e3-a06b-068eb593e427.jpeg
Pokemon Y: Ryan
3DS FC: 3609-1346-0731
Old October 20th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Universal
Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglymilk View Post
Sigh. I'm beginning to wonder if ditto counts as an MM reliable pokemon? I'm just nervous I'm doing something wrong with having a JPN ditto and american ralts... It feels like a JPN ralts and American ralts might have better results but I don't know i hatched 100+ pumpkaboo eggs and took a break for ralts... I've filled up 5 and a half boxes, nothing yet. I know it takes a lot of eggs sometimes but I'm feeling so discouraged
A lot of people have went through that feel, it just takes a lot of dedication!
And it JPN Ditto should work, I did it with my Froakie with success.

Shiny giveaway soon!!

Shiny Value is 95!!
3DS FC (Pokemon Y)
White FC

Old October 20th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Been through almost 100 Espurr eggs. I know it's not as many as some of you, but I feel like I'm going to run out of boxes eventually (especially since I'm going for Bergmite and Helioptile next), and since I have no internet connection for my ds, I'm going to have to end up releasing them instead of Wonder Trading them. :/
Old October 20th, 2013, 09:06 PM
UnderMybrella
Some Game Developer

Nature: Calm
I'm currently going for a shiny Dedenne (Going for starters later on). Currently at 25 eggs.

Just a note for anyone wanting foreign Pokemon - Deposit a Pokemon on the GTS, and ask for the Pokemon you want. BUT, in the message thing, ask for it to be Japanese. Doesn't guarantee anything, but it can help. Also, when searching, you can filter out same-region Pokemon by clicking the magnifying glass, then selecting region, and going "Different Region than mine", or whatever it is
The Monoball Challenge - Have you got what it takes to catch 'em all, but with only one type of Pokéball? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7889482
Old October 20th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Hinokage
Ghost Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flush'd View Post
Been through almost 100 Espurr eggs. I know it's not as many as some of you, but I feel like I'm going to run out of boxes eventually (especially since I'm going for Bergmite and Helioptile next), and since I have no internet connection for my ds, I'm going to have to end up releasing them instead of Wonder Trading them. :/
The PC actually creates more boxes as you get more Pokemon, so no need to worry about running out I don't think.

Old October 20th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinokage View Post
The PC actually creates more boxes as you get more Pokemon, so no need to worry about running out I don't think.
Well I'm already on 8/15, and if there are no more than that, then it's looking grim. But then again, it doesn't make sense to only have accommodations for 450 Pokemon.
Old October 20th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Hinokage
Ghost Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flush'd View Post
Well I'm already on 8/15, and if there are no more than that, then it's looking grim. But then again, it doesn't make sense to only have accommodations for 450 Pokemon.
No worries, no worries. I'm on Duskull #420 and the PC just created box #32 for me. xD

Old October 20th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

Oh man haha, that's good stuff right there. I assumed Bank or some external device would hold the majority of your Pokemon, but if you go through 900+ Pokemon, well then you're still apparently covered.
Old October 20th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Jigglymilk
Awakening The Blade

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercyful Fate View Post
A lot of people have went through that feel, it just takes a lot of dedication!
And it JPN Ditto should work, I did it with my Froakie with success.
Thanks, that actually helps knowing you succeeded with you JPN ditto! I shut it down for the night at 170+ eggs. Hopefully tomorrow Ralts will finally shine!
3DS friend code: 4699-5168-7204
Old October 21st, 2013, 05:33 AM
Exitosus

Nature: Serious
im on my 238th chamander egg...Nothing
Friend Code Feel Free To Add Me
4339-3707-1914
Let me know if you add ~ Happy Hunting ~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here