Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 21st, 2013 (05:41 AM).
Darkraizard

Nature: Modest
I broke 300 charmander eggs last night. Still nothing, but at least now I have a box full of female charmanders which are good for trading, and well over 200 males to give away on wonder trade! Hopefully I can make someone happy with one!
3711-8088-3184
Old October 21st, 2013 (06:44 AM). Edited October 21st, 2013 by BadBurrito10.
BadBurrito10

What strategies do you guys use for hatching eggs? I use Flame Body and bike from route 7 back and forth. Any other easy ways?

Just found out how to get the hatching O-power but I don't have all the other ones yet so I cant get it.
Old October 21st, 2013 (09:36 AM).
HUF_DBC

Nature: Modest
I was breeding Vulpix's for a male and on the third egg I got a shiny, kind of bitter sweet because it was a female :/
Old October 21st, 2013 (10:14 AM). Edited October 21st, 2013 by Saronai.
Saronai
PKMN Breeder

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Saronai
I agree with another comment in here. The purpose for the Masuda Method was encouraging people to trade around the world over the wifi. For that reason, I doubt it was removed.

My question now though is all this talk about a raised shiny encounter rate in this version. How does that compare to shiny breeding so far? It seems far more people are encountering than successfully breeding shinies...

I've only ever gotten one true shiny...back in Emerald (Beautifly...well, technically it started out as a shiny silcoon). I've been trying to work though the games in order (I'm only on Pearl now, with the others already started but on hold), but X has currently tanked that plan for the time being. There's just so much to do that's more addicting than Pearl!

I've noticed breeding is something I often stop and do a whole lot of (heck, I don't officially start my games until I have a boy and girl of each starter-using resets and trades with my son, who holds them for me in exchange for a few of the eggs).

Back on topic: If the Masuda Method does work...do you think it's holding its own against shiny encounters so far? There's that whole increased the odds rumor (by as much as 1/1000?!)

Great tips in here though with the fletchling (I didn't even think about my evolved fletchling having flame body already :D ). As to trading for a foreign ditto, my son caught me a bunch of ditto and I deposited one last night on the GTS. I left a note "diff region plz" but just asked for any ditto. I woke up this morning with a nice JPN ditto

So, if you've the patience and can't find someone offering a ditto for your ditto, just be one of those from your country offering a ditto for a ditto. You might have to deposit the ditto you get again, but eventually you'll get someone from another region trading you.

Also, I believe, so long as you have that little black box with white writing that specifies a different realm at the top of the summary (on the top screen right above the Dex No. - above all the alternating brown lines). If it's not from another region (and thus not part of the Masuda method for you), there'll just be a blank space above the Dex No.

It can be tricky, so I just make sure I see that box and an obviously foreign language name (such as Japanese). Gotta be careful though. Somehow my husband ended up with a pokemon that had a Japanese name but it was missing the little sign that claims it as from another region (I can only assume that is because someone from our region started the game in that language).

When looking at the 1-screen top summary, the different region sign will be on the very top line in this order: Pokeball icon, pokemon name, a tab-space, Lv.49 (or whatever level it is), space, the little black box with parallel-slanted sides. If it's from your region, that line will end with the level.
Safari Type: Steel (Magneton, Metang, & Excadrill)
IGNs: Saronai (X) and Rena (OR)
TSV: 2888 (X), 1940 (OR) / Son's TSV 0684 (Y), 0279 (OR) / Husband's TSV 1727 (X), 3546 (AS)

Native Vivillon
Old October 21st, 2013 (12:25 PM).
BadBurrito10

Does anyone know if the Masuda Method works with two foreign pokemon rather than one local and one foreign?
I understand 2 JPN pkmn would negate this method, but what about 1 JPN and 1 German or other foreign pokemon.

If it does work this way, would it have higher rates? I think I will hatch my 3rd box of Houndours and if I still don't get a shiny I might take a break until I find more info out. ESPECIALLY if wild pkmn or safari pkmn have higher rates than breeding.
Old October 21st, 2013 (01:16 PM).
Jigglymilk
Night Of The Final Day

Nature: Sassy
Still no shiny ralts after 8 full boxes ._. Not giving up tho. I feel like now is past the point of no return, as it could be any egg now. Bellatrix the shiny mega Gardevoir WILL be mine!!!
Old October 21st, 2013 (01:33 PM). Edited October 21st, 2013 by Saronai.
Saronai
PKMN Breeder

There's a mega-gardevoir? *o*

I want it too! What does it look like? I googled it and saw several versions. Can be so hard at this point to tell which are real versions and which are just fan-art created ones.

Please say it's the one with the angel wings <3

...kept looking and found a live video of it, I like my plain gardevoir better XD

Oh, forgot the reply I was gonna make about Masuda Method.

I just spent the last hour or so breeding a scatterbug from North America region with a JPN ditto (both with decent stats; turns into the polar version of vivillon...assuming the JPN version doesn't mix the DNA enough to get a JPN version vivillon that is...).

No shinies yet. I decided to record all the gender, nature, characteristic, and stat data for each one though. Only 15 scatterbugs completed though (I was helping my son with schoolwork while borrowing his 3DS XL for it; I have my own game, but not my own system yet).
TSV: 2888 (X), 1940 (OR) / Son's TSV 0684 (Y), 0279 (OR) / Husband's TSV 1727 (X), 3546 (AS)

Native Vivillon
Old October 21st, 2013 (01:52 PM).
Tyche
Pokemon Breeder

Nature: Timid
I've actually been super lucky I got a shiny mareep on my 10th egg, however I did not even try the masuda method. I've been breeding a bunch of goomy with the method but now I'm all caught up in trying to get perfect IVs.
Old October 21st, 2013 (02:11 PM).
Saronai
PKMN Breeder

Finally found evidence of a legit shiny vivillon. Turns out I probably started trying the Masuda Method on the wrong one. Apparently, since there are already 18 different wing patterns based on region, the shinies only differ in the color of their bodies (which are white rather than dark grey/black). It's actually very hard to tell the difference unless you know what to look for.

Ah well.

Native Vivillon
Old October 21st, 2013 (03:12 PM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I'm attempting the masuda method for the first time. Trying to hatch a shiny wynaut.

An English male wobbufet and a German female wobbufet qualify for the masuda method right?
Old October 21st, 2013 (03:29 PM).
Layla-Mai

I gave up on my charmanders after 6 and a half boxes of eggs. I just got sick of the sight of them xD

I'm trying gastlys instead, I'd like a mega shiny gengar
Old October 21st, 2013 (03:30 PM).
BadBurrito10

I think I might switch out my JPN houndour for a NA Houndour and the NA Ditto for a JPN ditto, might have different results, but idk tbh.

@Sabrewulf That should work, Ive heard as long as the two pokemon really like eachother (Talk to the guy who gives the eggs) it should produce more eggs than ditto+other pkmn.
Old October 22nd, 2013 (10:25 AM).
sCam
puredisrespect

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to sCam
3 boxes full of mawile, no shiny yet :/

3DS FC: 4296 4277 1383
Old October 22nd, 2013 (10:46 AM).
Mobile Suit Articuno

Nature: Docile
5 Boxes filled with baby Eevees...
I'm getting pretty discouraged, I wonder if the chances were decreased this time around. Considering people are encountering more Wild Shinies, this might be a possibility.
Old October 22nd, 2013 (11:00 AM).
MarioManH
~Ruby is Omega~
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Mercyful Fate:
You're better off combing Flame Body and the Egg Hatch O-Power, they stack and it's really noticeable.
What is this madness, I wish I knew of an Egg Hatch O-Power sooner.

3DS FC -
0361-6894-4238
My name for my 3DS is CookieS. and my Y name is Hunter, just so you know who to trade with!

Old October 22nd, 2013 (11:05 AM).
James
Make it double!

Nature: Hardy
I was able to get the method to work last night after only 8 eggs. Now im the proud owner of a shiney Charizard Trying for an Amphorose now.
Old October 22nd, 2013 (11:06 AM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I am not trying 100% at the moment, but I am breeding a Jap. Venasaur with an English Ditto for folder in completing the pokedex. I have been trying to get a Jap. Ditto, but no one is being reasonable and when I find one I want to trade to get, it is always already been traded.

I am on about the 7th egg right now with no shiny. Not really expecting to get one since I have already gotten two shinies in the wild.

Quote originally posted by Mobile Suit Articuno:
5 Boxes filled with baby Eevees...
I'm getting pretty discouraged, I wonder if the chances were decreased this time around. Considering people are encountering more Wild Shinies, this might be a possibility.
To be honest, 5 boxes is nothing. Most people go without for over 1k eggs. I doubt they made it harder. You got to understand it is still a 1 in 1638 chance with MM if they haven't increased the chance, which is still really rare.
Old October 22nd, 2013 (01:51 PM).
Layla-Mai

Got a shiny gastly after 82 eggs, a total of 283 eggs before hatching a shiny. Not too bad!
Old October 22nd, 2013 (04:37 PM).
Monte Blanc
The White Rabbit

Nature: Quiet
Proud owner of a Shiny Sylveon after hatching about 322 eggs His name is Cosmo and he partners perfectly with my regular Sylveon named Wanda~

PM me when/if you add me so I can do the same!!
Old October 22nd, 2013 (05:00 PM).
LoveSnoopy
Jason

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to LoveSnoopy
At 698 eggs hatched right now, and still no shiny Froakie T^T
Old October 22nd, 2013 (05:23 PM).
Hinokage
Ghost Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hinokage Send a message via Skype™ to Hinokage
I'm not 100% sure on this yet, but seeing as I'm almost 800 hatches in on Duskull I figured it might be a good time to ask. The Masuda Method still works when using an everstone to pass down natures now, correct?

Honorable mentions that couldn't be added to the trainer card at the moment: Jack the Gourgeist, Cherry the Trevenant, and Crest the Aegislash
Old October 22nd, 2013 (06:11 PM).
Universal
Musician
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Universal
Quote originally posted by Hinokage:
I'm not 100% sure on this yet, but seeing as I'm almost 800 hatches in on Duskull I figured it might be a good time to ask. The Masuda Method still works when using an everstone to pass down natures now, correct?
I'm not quite sure as of yet. Even I was curious about that so I removed any nature/IV transfering items to play it self.

Shiny giveaway soon!!

Shiny Value is 95!!
3DS FC (Pokemon Y)
Name: Matthew
FC: 2621-3105-9791
White FC

Name: Prodigy
FC: 1979-4040-6808
Old October 23rd, 2013 (09:07 AM).
Jessie
Prepare for trouble!

Nature: Gentle
Got a French Ditto the other day. Trying for a Shiny Tediursa...working on box number 4 with no luck yet!
Old October 23rd, 2013 (09:34 AM).
The Leafeon
Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Monte Blanc:
Proud owner of a Shiny Sylveon after hatching about 322 eggs His name is Cosmo and he partners perfectly with my regular Sylveon named Wanda~
got mine on the 19th after 6 eggs, it took you just a few extra eggs

Favourite Pokemon: Adamant Leafeon AKA Grassburn.
Adamant Shiny Leafeon AKA Leafstorm
First reported shiny Carbink and Sylveon on here. (Until proven wrong)

Shinies:
Lost (Paras, Sandslash, Unknown P, Kricketune)
RE (Carbink)
Pokeradar(Skiddo)
FS (Charizard, Aipom, Fraxure, Lilligant, Minccino, Cinccino, Audino, Stoutland, Ursaring, Goodra, Eevee, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon)
Horde (Skuntank)
Fish Chain (Poliwrath, Horsea, Gyarados, Qwilfish, Remoraid, Octillery, Alomomola, Clauncher, Clawitzer, Skrelp)
MM (Sylveon)
Old October 23rd, 2013 (12:31 PM).
LoveSnoopy
Jason

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to LoveSnoopy
At 887 eggs hatched now and still no shiny.. Seriously considering giving up :[
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links