The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 19th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy

Advertise here
I don't know how, but the fact that all of the pirate's Pokémon evolved from evolution stones totally flew over my head. It wasn't until the three Eevees came along that I knew exactly what was going to be in the treasure. I'm surprised nothing was mentioned of Helioptile though, since it also evolves from an evolution stone. I thought Viola was going to say something in regards to that when Helioptile was pointing to the treasure chest, but instead she just deleted the footage.

Absolutely loved Meowth's reference to Gold, Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, and Pearl. It was an obvious call out to the past games, but it just felt so natural and organically planted. It didn't feel forced into the dialogue.

A fun and enjoyable episode overall. Although, I can't help but think how irrelevant Team Rocket has become. Which is my only gripe with this episode (and many more tbh). Instead of wasting extra time with them, the pirate's Pokémon would have been a better focus for the conflict of the episode's story. This would have then given the writers more time to write in a better ending. Axew became so protective of the Eevees, it's unfortunate we didn't get to see a proper send off between the four of them, especially after they evolved.
Old October 19th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Wobbu

Nature: Relaxed
One of my favorites so far from Beyond, I always enjoy treasure hunts. As mentioned above, I didn't even catch on to the stone evolution Pokémon until later. Lol at TR when they sunk the pirate ship and when they jumped onto Nidoking's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I'm surprised nothing was mentioned of Helioptile though, since it also evolves from an evolution stone. I thought Viola was going to say something in regards to that when Helioptile was pointing to the treasure chest, but instead she just deleted the footage.
My guess is that because X and Y weren't released at the time of the Japanese airing, they didn't want to spoil Helioptile's evolution and method. I was also thinking that Alexa was going to mention something about it, but I guess they didn't want to stray away from the translation.
Old October 19th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
whoops i forgot this aired

So am I the only one who looked at it and immediately was like "oh they all evolve with stones dont they"?

I liked the exploration and Pokémon screentime this episode tho. <3

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old October 20th, 2013, 01:02 PM
ilias_

Nature: Calm
It was a cute episode!!! I liked it very much.

One thing I liked was the battle between Ninetales and Charizard! Ninetales is one of my favorite Pokemon and I love the fact that Charizard knows Dragon Tail.
I love Helioptile so much, it's too cute. I agree with you, they couldn't announce Helioptile's evolution method back then but ,maybe, Alexa took a Sun stone with her lol (I don't think she will ever evolve her Helioptile tho).

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here