The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Forum Games
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Forum Games It's time to save yourself from the everyday trials and tribulations of your vigorous post day. Welcome to Forum Games, where the only posts are frantic fun and hilarious hijinks.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old October 20th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Antemortem's Avatar
Antemortem
shenanigans is a huge tit
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas, United States
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem

Advertise here
Choose Your Own Adventure: Fire Emblem

https://soundcloud.com/michael-chang...awakening-dont

Nearly two decades ago, the Fell Dragon Grima, whom was the sole cause of a ripple in the placidity of Ylisse, was defeated for the second time in a century by an eclectic conglomerate of soldiers from across the land of Ylisse: the Shepherds from the Halidom of Ylisse, the militant phalanx of Regna Ferox, and the rebellious stragglers from Plegia. Now, an even more ominous evil is approaching, and while the residents of a now peaceful Ylisse are under the impression the harmony is indefinite, darkness is all but nipping at their heels...

Welcome to the Fire Emblem CYOA (Choose Your Own Adventure) story! A CYOA is a story where you the reader can progress the story by choosing the actions and reactions of the protagonist. Depending on your decisions, it could radically change how the story plays out from the original source material.

Welcome to the Fire Emblem: Awakening Choose Your Own Adventure! A CYOA is a story where the reader progresses the story by choosing the actions of the protagonist. Depending on your decisions, the outcome could radically change how the story plays out from what was originally intended. Note that the Fire Emblem lore could experience minor butchering along the way.

Rules
  • Anybody can participate at any point, but don't be annoying.
  • I will provide the options for the story.
  • You vote on what choice to make. Three votes on a particular choice will dictate the decision.
  • The decisions will be on a first come, first vote basis.
  • If your choice isn't used, don't cry about it. At least, not in this thread.
  • Some of the mechanics of the video game will be used in this story meaning it's possible for the protagonist to die. In most cases, this will mean Game Over, but it is likely there will be exceptions.
  • I will accept votes in this format: Vote: 'your vote'. Any votes submitted otherwise will be ignored.

Party

Spoiler:
Namnar
Class: Dark Mage
Skills: N/A
Convoy:

Last edited by Antemortem; October 20th, 2013 at 04:21 PM.
  #2    
Old October 20th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Antemortem's Avatar
Antemortem
shenanigans is a huge tit
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas, United States
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Intrologue 01

He'd lost everything. He'd lost... everything. He'd damned the soldiers of Ylisse for their intrusion in the affairs of Plegia, their military propaganda spreading through the fine seams of Regna Ferox's walls. The bullheaded leadership of Ferox - the sovereign Khan Flavia - didn't stop to consider the citizens of their country before biting the bullet and joining that foolish man's dreams of war, further expediting the downfall of his father's crawling business in the already floundering economy.

There was only pain now, the pain of knowing that all you own in the world is the clothes on your back. The pain of knowing the only one to turn to now is Naga, and not even she has done anything for you in nearly twenty years. The pain of... wait, what's that light? This alleyway, that has since become your temporary if not permanent living space, has never been lit before, especially not around this late hour. Maybe I could reach out and...

The light eneveloped him and took him to an even darker location than before. He could see not even his hand centimeters in front of his face. Looking around, the only thing light were small particles of teal light high above him, rising to a luminous halo. In the span of a second he was standing on the halo of light, and a woman-esque form levitated in front of him. His instinct was to gasp, to run, to scream, but he could do none of those things, not even breathe, not even blink. The form had him entirely... captivated? He couldn't find the words.

Leave your anger, leave it behind and take hold of the reigns of your vindication so you can achieve absolution. The Dragon's goal is never met if there is someone to reassure that it is not. You are to be the guiding hand of fate that will decide mankind's destiny henceforth and forevermore.

He had absolutely no idea where the voice was coming from or what the hell it was talking about. The dragon's goal? The guiding hand of fate? What does it all mean? But the environment changed once more and he was suddenly standing in a cage, a cell of sorts, with iron bars all around. He still could not move anything but his eyes. He spotted five items that lie in his presence. The answer lies within these objects...

Which object do you choose?

A. Cracked Sword
B. Blank Tome
C. Rusted Armor
D. A Staff
E. Bow with a Broken String
F. Inspect the Objects
__________________
on DLoA: ask Lilith, Livewire, or Pepperton
  #3    
Old October 20th, 2013, 01:26 PM
darkpokeball's Avatar
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In your nightmares
Interesting idea! O_O Lots of choices.
Anyways, it seems like a wise idea to just check out what these items are first so...
Vote: Inspect The Objects
(Did I do that right?)
__________________
My Chainsaw Meowth is currently missing! If you have a lead or think you know something, PLEASE PM ME! I am desperately searching, and I dread the possibility that I may never find him...
On a side note, if anybody can answer the following question right, then they get a mystery prize! *Must have a Gen V game to claim prize*
Question: What the heck did Jinora do in the finale?! I don't get it! I know 90% of you won't know what I'm talking about, but I need an answer!
  #4    
Old October 20th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Broken_Arrow's Avatar
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dragons Nest~
Gender: Female
Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
I choose E. Bow with a Broken String

however i have no idea what exactly am i doing but whatever
__________________
A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside remains the same.
Brock – Pokemon

  #5    
Old October 20th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Dragon's Avatar
Dragon
Insect Princess?
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Xilla
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
I choooose:

D. A Staff

Because a Staff can be powerful enough to one day enslaaave the world. Just believe!
__________________
Pair
- - -

link - zelda - lana impa - sheik

❝...Oh, boy! I thought you were a giant grasshopper! But you're not! You're a person!❞
  #6    
Old October 20th, 2013, 03:15 PM
xseed's Avatar
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Miississippi
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
^yaaay. someone else who agrees that staves are powerful.

btw I am voting for D. staff as well
__________________
Looking toward a brighter future
  #7    
Old October 21st, 2013, 02:51 AM
«Chuckles»'s Avatar
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Morioh
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
B mages are powerful and why not this looks fun for a cyoa.
__________________

PairFriend Code
  #8    
Old October 21st, 2013, 12:49 PM
Antemortem's Avatar
Antemortem
shenanigans is a huge tit
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas, United States
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
The next vote will decide the option since so far it's been spread out amongst the available choices.
__________________
on DLoA: ask Lilith, Livewire, or Pepperton
  #9    
Old October 21st, 2013, 12:51 PM
AlakaPWNAGE's Avatar
AlakaPWNAGE
Kirito the Beater
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Flo Rida
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
I choose D. The staff becuase of the reasons above
__________________
"Life is like a bowl of fruits, slowly rotting in a hot kitchen" -Francis McReary
  #10    
Old October 22nd, 2013, 03:42 PM
Antemortem's Avatar
Antemortem
shenanigans is a huge tit
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas, United States
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
D. A Staff

At last a name came to him. Naga, are you screwing with me, abandoning me in a... a cage with a bunch of discarded trash!? He received no answer, but he regained his ability to move. He stepped forward, doubts pouring out of his ears with questions riding each doubt like a wave. Assuming he was to choose one of the items, he bent down to examine them more closely.

His mind clouded with ambiguity, he blindly reached for the staff, and upon touching its cold, dusty shaft that felt rough as a carapace, the room around him fell apart, and an unimaginable pain struck his temples. In moments, everything faded to black, his reality melting around him.

Chapter 1: A Grim Reminder

Your eyelashes flutter, eyes opening and trying to adjust to the lighting of the room, but you quickly find there is no light. Suddenly there is something, a light shining down on the grisly cloaked form. He holds a staff in his hand, he extends it, the book appears in your hand. The room flushes with light and you are surrounded by skeletal ghouls in varying degrees of color and harsh expressions.

Your first instinct is to run, but you are literally surrounded. Looking up, there is no ceiling, only blackness. Looking down, the floor is also nothing but endless darkness. You gaze up to the marvelous golden, winged structure encapsulating a round blue gem at the end of the pole; you feel nothing. Naga's voice rings in your head.

Feel beyond feeling, War Monk.

You question the goddess' sanity and make the jewel the focal point of your power, as one of the skeletal forms is gnawing at the end of your Plegian cloak, a mysterious power erupts through your fingertips and flows into the staff. Your frustration has ultimately surpassed your confusion and you'll use whatever you can to break out of this situation.

What Stave do you cast?

A. Berserk
B. Sleep
C. Warp
D. None
  #11    
Old October 22nd, 2013, 03:45 PM
AlakaPWNAGE's Avatar
AlakaPWNAGE
Kirito the Beater
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Flo Rida
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
I choose A. beserk because a good offense is a good defense.
__________________
"Life is like a bowl of fruits, slowly rotting in a hot kitchen" -Francis McReary
  #12    
Old October 22nd, 2013, 03:47 PM
xseed's Avatar
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Miississippi
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
voting with c.warp. because its the most logical to me since I am surrounded.
__________________
Looking toward a brighter future
  #13    
Old October 22nd, 2013, 06:00 PM
Altairis's Avatar
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: database database
Gender: Female
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
A. Berserk! Kill them all! :3
__________________
showdownfamilyanimegallery
  #14    
Old October 22nd, 2013, 06:05 PM
Broken_Arrow's Avatar
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dragons Nest~
Gender: Female
Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
i choose C.warp ..Mm,it's best for me
__________________
A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside remains the same.
Brock – Pokemon

  #15    
Old October 26th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Starlight Sprite's Avatar
Starlight Sprite
Resident Moon Fairy
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: In your fridge, eating your fruit salad. ;)
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Starlight Sprite
B. Sleep! Make your escape while your enemy slumbers!
__________________
"Time for my appearance!"

Gym Leader Korrina
  #16    
Old October 28th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Antemortem's Avatar
Antemortem
shenanigans is a huge tit
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas, United States
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Bumping this again. Next vote decides the option.
__________________
on DLoA: ask Lilith, Livewire, or Pepperton
  #17    
Old October 28th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Bidoof Overlord's Avatar
Bidoof Overlord
All hail Raticate
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Where does Bidoof live?
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Berserk. Logical.
However.... Never mind.
__________________

Come at me bro.
  #18    
Old October 28th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Antemortem's Avatar
Antemortem
shenanigans is a huge tit
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas, United States
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
A. Berserk

"Berserk!" Your gruff voice rings out, the stave glowing a dark maroon color, the jewel resting at the top releasing a time-stopping light into the body of the ghoulish skeleton. The skeleton's villainous essence evaporates in front of your eyes, and it turns to the hordes of skeletons around it and you. It charges, slamming its bony elbows into the ribcages of the opposing ghouls. Bits of shrapnel found themselves lodged in the joints of several other skeletons, rendering them motionless. You cast Berserk on several other ghouls, some of them clashing with other Berserk-cast warriors, battering away skeletons left and right, their ominous, rickety laughs crackling through the darkness in an infinite echo. Eventually you grow tired and fall to one knee. A raspy voice speaks in your mind.

Are you to let yourself be played by that miserable mistress Naga?

Your left temple writhes with pain. The skeletons grow in number, continuing to close in on you from every angle, your staff falls on the ground, rolling inches away, your eyesight begins to fade. Everything melts around you, fading to black...

***

You awake with a jolt that causes you to fall on the floor next to your bed. You sit up rubbing your left temple and survey the room around you. Meek sunlight coming in through the closed blinds hardly offers assistance to your eyesight, but, in standing up, you feel your way toward the door. Walking through the open doorway, you find yourself in the hallway strewn with articles of clothing and hard pieces of metal you assume are some sort of shoulder-piece. Must be Coulter's doing.

Upon hobbling into the kitchen and searching the cupboard for something to curb your hunger, a knock rattles the front door. Being the empty wooden house it is, the sound reverberates throughout. You rub your left temple once more and dart for the door. You hear two voices conversing on the other side and slow down, pressing your ear to the door as to better hear what is being said.

"Ready?" One voice whispers.

"I've got your back," the other voice murmurs in response.

Oh, great.

What do you do?

A. Open the door
B. Try to quietly find your staff
C. Ask who is on the other side
D. Ignore the visitors
__________________
on DLoA: ask Lilith, Livewire, or Pepperton
  #19    
Old October 28th, 2013, 12:17 PM
xseed's Avatar
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Miississippi
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
C. Ask who is on the other side. again its the most logical in my eyes lol. Would be a lame idea to just barge outside without knowing who is outside eh?
__________________
Looking toward a brighter future
  #20    
Old November 3rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
Antemortem's Avatar
Antemortem
shenanigans is a huge tit
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas, United States
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Bumping because it's been almost a week since the last choice.
__________________
on DLoA: ask Lilith, Livewire, or Pepperton
  #21    
Old November 22nd, 2013, 11:25 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
original dex holder
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
A. Open the door

Would be a pity to let those people stand there waiting! 83
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 1



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 12:28 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.