The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old October 27th, 2013, 02:46 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan's Avatar
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: India
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
huh sorry i got confused between the Yellow and Anime cause it has been a really long time since i watched anime season 1 And yeah it will be great if you join And the Mr.Late i wasn't serious about it. just joking about it ohh my whole post get wrong though
__________________
  #27    
Old October 27th, 2013, 03:24 AM
GreyVirgo's Avatar
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: With Miley...... Twerking!
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Topic: What is the reason that Ash needed to choose Pikachu, Why didn't he get the chance to Choose one of the Kanto starters and Pikachu isn't even a starter Pokemon.

Topic Answer: Ash needed to choose Pikachu because Prof. Oak convinced him and like what we saw in the first episode Ash was late so he didn't get Squirtle,Charmander or Bulbasaur. (By the way I wonder who were those kids who got Squirtle,Charmander and Bulbasaur maybe it's a mystery right?)
__________________
Pair: Saturnus

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

Contact: PM or VM

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
  #28    
Old October 27th, 2013, 08:07 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan's Avatar
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: India
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxedoutfreaky View Post
Topic: What is the reason that Ash needed to choose Pikachu, Why didn't he get the chance to Choose one of the Kanto starters and Pikachu isn't even a starter Pokemon.

Topic Answer: Ash needed to choose Pikachu because Prof. Oak convinced him and like what we saw in the first episode Ash was late so he didn't get Squirtle,Charmander or Bulbasaur. (By the way I wonder who were those kids who got Squirtle,Charmander and Bulbasaur maybe it's a mystery right?)
Now my all confused problem has been solved now here is a over view of my from the whole season -

as you know Ash Ketchum has been 10 years old in the season as the plot and is able to start on a new journey as a Pokémon trainer. The night before Ash has to go meet Prof. Oak he has a dream and breaks his alarm. The next day he oversleeps, which causes him to miss his chance at getting one of the three Kanto starter Pokémon: Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle. However, Professor Oak has one last Pokémon at his lab, a Pikachu. At first Pikachu does not get along with Ash, but over the course of the season Ash gains Pikachu's trust and they become best friends, developing a special bond. On the way Ash meets Misty, the Cerulean City Gym Leader who loves water Pokémon and wants to join him until he pays her for her bike which was accidentally destroyed by Pikachu, and Brock, the Pewter City Gym Leader who wants to join Ash on his journey so he can become the greatest Pokémon breeder. Ash catches and makes friends with many Pokémon, which sets him up for a great adventure. However, through his journey he has to deal with the Team Rocket trio of Jessie, James, and Meowth, and his childhood rival, Gary Oak, Prof. Oak's grandson, who also is a Pokémon Trainer and always seems two steps ahead of Ash. After obtaining all 8 Kanto Gym Badges needed to compete in the Pokémon League at Indigo Plateau, Ash reaches the top 16, losing out to a close friend, Ritchie.

And this is what happen in episode 1 -

Ash wakes up late on the day he is supposed to receive his first Pokémon at Professor Oak's lab, however, and arrives to discover all the Pokémon are gone. Ash has no choice but to take a naughty Pikachu. Pikachu won't listen or go inside its Poké Ball, so Ash must drag it along with a rope. After many failed attempts at capturing some Pokémon, Ash throws a rock and hits a Spearow. The Spearow gets angry and the entire flock starts chasing Ash and Pikachu. They run away from the Spearow, but when they cannot go any farther, Ask uses his body to shield Pikachu from the attacking Pokémon. Pikachu realizes how much Ash cares for him and uses a powerful electric attack to drive the Spearow away. Note: The previously unknown Pokémon Ho-Oh is seen towards the end of the episode.
__________________
  #29    
Old October 30th, 2013, 05:11 AM
GreyVirgo's Avatar
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: With Miley...... Twerking!
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhytham View Post
Now my all confused problem has been solved now here is a over view of my from the whole season -

as you know Ash Ketchum has been 10 years old in the season as the plot and is able to start on a new journey as a Pokémon trainer. The night before Ash has to go meet Prof. Oak he has a dream and breaks his alarm. The next day he oversleeps, which causes him to miss his chance at getting one of the three Kanto starter Pokémon: Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle. However, Professor Oak has one last Pokémon at his lab, a Pikachu. At first Pikachu does not get along with Ash, but over the course of the season Ash gains Pikachu's trust and they become best friends, developing a special bond. On the way Ash meets Misty, the Cerulean City Gym Leader who loves water Pokémon and wants to join him until he pays her for her bike which was accidentally destroyed by Pikachu, and Brock, the Pewter City Gym Leader who wants to join Ash on his journey so he can become the greatest Pokémon breeder. Ash catches and makes friends with many Pokémon, which sets him up for a great adventure. However, through his journey he has to deal with the Team Rocket trio of Jessie, James, and Meowth, and his childhood rival, Gary Oak, Prof. Oak's grandson, who also is a Pokémon Trainer and always seems two steps ahead of Ash. After obtaining all 8 Kanto Gym Badges needed to compete in the Pokémon League at Indigo Plateau, Ash reaches the top 16, losing out to a close friend, Ritchie.

And this is what happen in episode 1 -

Ash wakes up late on the day he is supposed to receive his first Pokémon at Professor Oak's lab, however, and arrives to discover all the Pokémon are gone. Ash has no choice but to take a naughty Pikachu. Pikachu won't listen or go inside its Poké Ball, so Ash must drag it along with a rope. After many failed attempts at capturing some Pokémon, Ash throws a rock and hits a Spearow. The Spearow gets angry and the entire flock starts chasing Ash and Pikachu. They run away from the Spearow, but when they cannot go any farther, Ask uses his body to shield Pikachu from the attacking Pokémon. Pikachu realizes how much Ash cares for him and uses a powerful electric attack to drive the Spearow away. Note: The previously unknown Pokémon Ho-Oh is seen towards the end of the episode.
Yes you are right about what you said and I noticed that there were a few Grammar and spelling mistakes but I don't care the only thing is your confusion is now gone.
__________________
Pair: Saturnus

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

Contact: PM or VM

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
  #30    
Old October 31st, 2013, 01:06 PM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
Alright, so. Ash has gotten a lot of mixed views over the years from a lot of different people, mainly for the fact that his skill level keeps going all around the place, and it kinda made me think. In which moments have you been the most proud of Ash, and in which moments have you been the most disappointed in him? In this I'm referring entirely to battle achievements, like which of the victories he's achieved do you think is the most well-deserving or redeeming of his character, seeing as he often makes entirely unnecessary flops when it comes to certain battles, and which battles do you think he really should have won? :)
  #31    
Old October 31st, 2013, 06:28 PM
jazzykurl's Avatar
jazzykurl
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Alright, so. Ash has gotten a lot of mixed views over the years from a lot of different people, mainly for the fact that his skill level keeps going all around the place, and it kinda made me think. In which moments have you been the most proud of Ash, and in which moments have you been the most disappointed in him? In this I'm referring entirely to battle achievements, like which of the victories he's achieved do you think is the most well-deserving or redeeming of his character, seeing as he often makes entirely unnecessary flops when it comes to certain battles, and which battles do you think he really should have won?
Well, i don't really have exact moments, but I'm proud whenever he manages to beat his rival The disappointment is mostly from the first battles in a new region ;
__________________
You look... Fletchling today
  #32    
Old November 2nd, 2013, 04:15 AM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzykurl View Post
Well, i don't really have exact moments, but I'm proud whenever he manages to beat his rival ^^ The disappointment is mostly from the first battles in a new region ^^;
I can definitely agree with you one both :) Although I feel like it's become kind of a cliché in the anime, where he always struggles with the rival in the beginning of the region, and then gradually grows to be more capable in the battles against whoever the rival is, as he gets further around in the regions. I don't know if it's just me, but I would actually like to see the roles reversed at one point. I mean, his rivals are usually completely new trainers. He's a veteran who's been travelling around 5 regions now, and made it into at least the top 16 of every league he's participated in, why isn't he the one who completely dominates each battle he has with his rivals :p But yeah, I would just love to see more growth and character development in his rivals at some point, so it feels more... logical I guess xD But with the current flow of the character development, I reckon some of my proudest moments comes from whenever he beats his rival as well.

My two most proud moments would however be when he beat both the Orange Islands league, as well as the Battle Frontier. His battle against Drake was one of the more enjoyable in my opinion, and I definitely loved the final showdown against his Dragonite. And as for the Battle Frontier, it's pretty much self-explanatory. I mean, I never beat it, so seeing Ash beat it was surprisingly satisfying :p

And with my most disappointed moments, it's pretty much the same as yours, as well as with probably the rest of all who watches the anime. I already explained it earlier, but he just shouldn't be the one losing. I mean, even if Pikachu lost its Electric powers in the battle against Trip, it still has Quick Attack, Iron Tail and whatever else it might have, it should be capable of taking on a mere Snivy hnggg. I'm also pretty disappointed each time he asks about something extremely obvious related to moves, or whenever he can't tell the type of an obvious Pokemon, just by looking at it. I don't have any specific examples of the former, but it's happened often, and especially whenever he forgets the type chart, and as for the latter, I'm pretty sure he got all the typings wrong on the Unova starters :p

So yeah, lots to be disappointed and proud of with him, so I reckon he's a pretty balanced character after all ;)
  #33    
Old November 3rd, 2013, 01:22 AM
jazzykurl's Avatar
jazzykurl
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
I can definitely agree with you one both Although I feel like it's become kind of a cliché in the anime, where he always struggles with the rival in the beginning of the region, and then gradually grows to be more capable in the battles against whoever the rival is, as he gets further around in the regions. I don't know if it's just me, but I would actually like to see the roles reversed at one point. I mean, his rivals are usually completely new trainers. He's a veteran who's been travelling around 5 regions now, and made it into at least the top 16 of every league he's participated in, why isn't he the one who completely dominates each battle he has with his rivals :p But yeah, I would just love to see more growth and character development in his rivals at some point, so it feels more... logical I guess xD But with the current flow of the character development, I reckon some of my proudest moments comes from whenever he beats his rival as well.

My two most proud moments would however be when he beat both the Orange Islands league, as well as the Battle Frontier. His battle against Drake was one of the more enjoyable in my opinion, and I definitely loved the final showdown against his Dragonite. And as for the Battle Frontier, it's pretty much self-explanatory. I mean, I never beat it, so seeing Ash beat it was surprisingly satisfying :p

And with my most disappointed moments, it's pretty much the same as yours, as well as with probably the rest of all who watches the anime. I already explained it earlier, but he just shouldn't be the one losing. I mean, even if Pikachu lost its Electric powers in the battle against Trip, it still has Quick Attack, Iron Tail and whatever else it might have, it should be capable of taking on a mere Snivy hnggg. I'm also pretty disappointed each time he asks about something extremely obvious related to moves, or whenever he can't tell the type of an obvious Pokemon, just by looking at it. I don't have any specific examples of the former, but it's happened often, and especially whenever he forgets the type chart, and as for the latter, I'm pretty sure he got all the typings wrong on the Unova starters :p

So yeah, lots to be disappointed and proud of with him, so I reckon he's a pretty balanced character after all
I think he once called a Treeko a water type~
Though if we don't mention battling... Didn't he use the pokedex on Roxie's Koffin? DID HE FIRGET WHAT A FLIPPING KOFFIN IS. Well least he isn't over powered or something like that, if he was at the same level as before when entering a new region, we wouldn't be able to see his and he's pokemon growth~
__________________
You look... Fletchling today
  #34    
Old November 3rd, 2013, 07:07 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan's Avatar
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: India
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Ash's Disappointing Moments ? Am... well I got too disappoint with Ash when he can't evolve his most of Pokemon...

Like Totodile, Owshowot, Snivy and many more, But if you noticed Ash most of Flying type Pokemon evolve to their last form. Like Starly, Pidgeot etc.. Anyway and i also hate when he lose to someone or he got beaten either by a Trainer or by a Pokemon. Like Ducklett played with Ash's head and Ash can't do it. But he able to gain it again with the help of Pikachu and Sandile. And he didn't obtained most of his gym badge by defeating the Gym Leader instead he obtain badges by saving the Pokemon or stopping the plan of Team rocket.

And i Like him cause he do every thing he can for his Pokemon, he sometime take a high risk of his own life to save his Pokemon. like he saved Pikachu from Breedrils and there are many thing like that has been happen. but I always respect him cause of his Bravery and courage. But if the directors and writer show Ash a Pokemon master, or anyone can't beat his Pokemon. or something like that. But he didn't even know about many thing about Pokemon, Like he got confused with the types of Pokemon. And he didn't even faced Roar until black & white in his life. I get to angry when fighting with Linora (The 3rd or 2nd gym leader in Black & white) he said that it was the first time he was Facing the move roar. isn't it foolish ? After travelling more then 3 region he didn't even faced roar. But he always shown up as a Good Pokemon lover.
__________________
  #35    
Old November 3rd, 2013, 09:14 AM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzykurl View Post
I think he once called a Treeko a water type~
Though if we don't mention battling... Didn't he use the pokedex on Roxie's Koffin? DID HE FIRGET WHAT A FLIPPING KOFFIN IS. Well least he isn't over powered or something like that, if he was at the same level as before when entering a new region, we wouldn't be able to see his and he's pokemon growth~
Yeah, that kinda seems to be a common theme with Ash, where he has to check the Pokedex entry of a Pokemon, despite having seen it before :p It seems as though they've toned it down a bit over the years. And yeah, I have no problem with him replacing his team each region, considering how easy he'd be able to plow through it otherwise, but Pikachu shouldn't keep going back to its weak stage again, that makes no sense at all :p But again, probably for the purpose of the story, since otherwise, Pikachu would probably be able to win most of its battles.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhytham View Post
Ash's Disappointing Moments ? Am... well I got too disappoint with Ash when he can't evolve his most of Pokemon...

Like Totodile, Owshowot, Snivy and many more, But if you noticed Ash most of Flying type Pokemon evolve to their last form. Like Starly, Pidgeot etc.. Anyway and i also hate when he lose to someone or he got beaten either by a Trainer or by a Pokemon. Like Ducklett played with Ash's head and Ash can't do it. But he able to gain it again with the help of Pikachu and Sandile. And he didn't obtained most of his gym badge by defeating the Gym Leader instead he obtain badges by saving the Pokemon or stopping the plan of Team rocket.

And i Like him cause he do every thing he can for his Pokemon, he sometime take a high risk of his own life to save his Pokemon. like he saved Pikachu from Breedrils and there are many thing like that has been happen. but I always respect him cause of his Bravery and courage. But if the directors and writer show Ash a Pokemon master, or anyone can't beat his Pokemon. or something like that. But he didn't even know about many thing about Pokemon, Like he got confused with the types of Pokemon. And he didn't even faced Roar until black & white in his life. I get to angry when fighting with Linora (The 3rd or 2nd gym leader in Black & white) he said that it was the first time he was Facing the move roar. isn't it foolish ? After travelling more then 3 region he didn't even faced roar. But he always shown up as a Good Pokemon lover.
I'm not quite sure how I feel about Ash not evolving his Pokemon. I mean, there are certain Pokemon I'd love to see evolve, but it's just... whenever his Pokemon evolve, they often seem to change personalities as well, with the biggest example of this being Charizard. One of the few that didn't seem to was Gliscor, since it still kept its rather ditsy personality, but it definitely stopped being a scaredy cat at that point. And basically, a lot of grow to love the personalitites of Pokemon like Oshawott, Bulbasaur, etc., and some of them just have personalities that wouldn't really fit their second or third stage, so I can understand why the writers wouldn't make them evolve. Some of his Pokemon also don't want to evolve, two being Pikachu and Bulbasaur, and I guess he just respects them in those cases.

I definitely agree with you on the lengths he go to to protect his Pokemon and show how much he cares for them, and it's one of his most redeeming characteristics in my opinion. I mean, it's a bit cliché, but it especially works in the case with the anime, so I'm completely fine with that :p
  #36    
Old November 8th, 2013, 01:57 AM
jazzykurl's Avatar
jazzykurl
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
My gosh it's been 4 days since the last post, well I'm just gonna ask something (not a topic, just a question) Anybody find it funny how much of a big deal ash made about his first hat, a good example in Primeape goes bananas But when he got his new outfit and hat in the Advanced Generations, he happily changed hats?
__________________
You look... Fletchling today
  #37    
Old November 13th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzykurl View Post
My gosh it's been 4 days since the last post, well I'm just gonna ask something (not a topic, just a question) Anybody find it funny how much of a big deal ash made about his first hat, a good example in Primeape goes bananas But when he got his new outfit and hat in the Advanced Generations, he happily changed hats?
Yeahh, it's been pointed out by quite a few fans, and for good reason. I honestly think either the designers forgot about that detail, or they were just hoping fans wouldn't pay attention to it or wouldn't be bothered by it, because I definitely think giving him a new design for each region is a good decision on their part. It's a minor detail, but for some reason I just kinda feel like it adds some depth to the character. Well, at least it shows they actually own more than one set of clothes ;)

But yeah, it's definitely kind of an odd reaction when we look at him as a character, but I guess he doesn't have anything against changing up his style every once in a while, including his cap, seeing as he's only replacing it. If the Primeape had run off with it, he would've lost it forever, and the reason it meant so much to him was because it was something he'd won after all. I don't see much of a problem in just keeping the cap at home, as long as he just haven't lost it. So I reckon it isn't too weird that he's completely fine with replacing it :p And in my honest opinion, his first cap was probably the ugliest so far ;)
  #38    
Old December 1st, 2013, 03:47 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan's Avatar
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: India
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli View Post
Yeahh, it's been pointed out by quite a few fans, and for good reason. I honestly think either the designers forgot about that detail, or they were just hoping fans wouldn't pay attention to it or wouldn't be bothered by it, because I definitely think giving him a new design for each region is a good decision on their part. It's a minor detail, but for some reason I just kinda feel like it adds some depth to the character. Well, at least it shows they actually own more than one set of clothes

But yeah, it's definitely kind of an odd reaction when we look at him as a character, but I guess he doesn't have anything against changing up his style every once in a while, including his cap, seeing as he's only replacing it. If the Primeape had run off with it, he would've lost it forever, and the reason it meant so much to him was because it was something he'd won after all. I don't see much of a problem in just keeping the cap at home, as long as he just haven't lost it. So I reckon it isn't too weird that he's completely fine with replacing it :p And in my honest opinion, his first cap was probably the ugliest so far
Yeah i also feel bad when some Pokemon rob Ash's Cap. Like Ducklett did in B&W. But i always had a question - Did the cap of ash got from some competition or from some league or what ? cause in every new region he got new cap.

New topic : What will you do if you become Ash's Pikachu how will you help your owner ?
__________________
  #39    
Old December 1st, 2013, 04:02 AM
Dark Shadow 6's Avatar
Dark Shadow 6
Kιηg Oƒ Hєαятѕ
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: India
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
What will you do if you become Ash's Pikachu how will you help your owner ?
I help him,to win,gym badges..
__________________
  #40    
Old December 1st, 2013, 04:04 AM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
I'm pretty sure he won his first cap in a competition, yeah, hence why it meant so much to him (and why it's so odd that he was completely fine with ditching it when he went to Hoenn), but I don't believe any background has been given to any of his other caps. I haven't really been very consistent in following the anime though, so I honestly don't have any idea, but I haven't heard anything about how he obtained any of his caps, apart from the first one :p

What will you do if you become Ash's Pikachu? How will you help your owner?

I don't really know whether or not I'd really want to become Ash's Pikachu, considering all the mixed feedback he's gotten over the years. It's a bit more tame than the Ash hate, but some people have felt like Pikachu's pretty much ruined the image of Pokemon, since every little kid and all the people who don't watch the anime, all seem to believe that Pikachu is the strongest Pokemon ever, and thus that's their starting point whenever they do anything Pokemon. But on the other hand, Ash's Pikachu is pretty much the image of Pokemon. It's the franchise's mascot, it's the first thing a lot of people who aren't into Pokemon think of, when Pokemon is mentioned, and literally everyone knows what it is. And Ash's Pikachu is pretty much the reason for that.

But back on topic, I don't really know what I could really do for Ash, that Pikachu doesn't do already. It's loyal, tries its best to win battles when needed, and is always there to help Ash in any situation. I guess all I'd really want to do is stay by Ash's side, since that seems to be what makes both of them happy (even though that wasn't quite that evident in the beginning ;)). I'd also kick some pokebutt ;D
  #41    
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:36 PM
IndianCharizard#'s Avatar
IndianCharizard#
aka Brendon McCullum
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Otago, New Zealand
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to IndianCharizard#
Partner pokemon - Charizard.
Favourite Ash's Pokemon - Butterfree.
Best Ash Pokemon - Pikachu.
Why ash loved his Pikachu?
Because Ash was always passionate about pokemon and pikachu is the pokemon that he first ever got and pikachu is the pokemon that really cared about him and got him out of trouble a whole lot bunch of times.ex- Battling Rydon at the cinnabar gym for Ash when Charizard refused to battle. Or battling Entei to save ash in the movie spell of the unkown.
__________________
  #42    
Old December 4th, 2013, 03:48 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan's Avatar
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: India
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianCharizard# View Post
Partner pokemon - Charizard.
Favourite Ash's Pokemon - Butterfree.
Best Ash Pokemon - Pikachu.
Why ash loved his Pikachu?
Because Ash was always passionate about pokemon and pikachu is the pokemon that he first ever got and pikachu is the pokemon that really cared about him and got him out of trouble a whole lot bunch of times.ex- Battling Rydon at the cinnabar gym for Ash when Charizard refused to battle. Or battling Entei to save ash in the movie spell of the unkown.

Well welcome to the club ! Enjoy enjoy and enjoy.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Ash -

Ash History : Ash enrolled in Professor Oak's Pokémon Summer Camp when he was young. One day when Serena was lost in a forest, Ash came to her rescue when she fell after getting startled by an unknown Pokémon which turned out to be a Poliwag. He gave her a handkerchief to tend her knee. He helped her up as they walked out of the forest together.
Years later, Ash began his journey at the age of 10 as a warm-hearted and well-intentioned but stubborn, rash and amateur Pokémon Trainer. He was forced to accept the cheeky Pikachu from Professor Oak as his starter Pokémon because he carelessly broke his alarm clock in his sleep and woke up late on the day he was set to get his first Pokémon. He was determined to achieve his goal, however, and when Pikachu saw that he was willing to compromise his own safety to keep it safe he formed a strong bond of friendship with Pikachu. This would set his course for the future.



However, from that point, Ash still had a lot to learn about becoming a Trainer. The first Pokémon he caught, was caught by luck, as he knew absolutely nothing about battling, and was hesitant to admit it whenever he was wrong. Many of his first Gym Badges were given to him merely out of gratitude for his assistance rather than claiming an actual victory in battle over the Gym Leaders; of his first five Gym battles, only his victory over Lt. Surge was an actual victory. Every time he thought he was doing well, he would somehow cross paths with his childhood rival, Gary Oak. He always reminded Ash that he was always a step or seven behind, with Gary catching around forty-five Pokémon by the time Ash had only caught his seventh. This hampered matters further when, owing to his inexperience, his Charizard, one of his most powerful Pokémon, refused to listen to him until Ash could prove himself to the powerful Fire type.
Over time, Ash's dedication to his goal paid off. After earning his first eight Badges he went on to compete in the Indigo League, advancing to the fifth round - one further than Gary, and ending up in the top 16. After recovering from his defeat, he continued on to improve his skills; take on new challenges; and compete in more Pokémon League competitions - triumphing in the Orange League and the Battle Frontier.



Ash has changed a great deal over the course of the series, particularly in regards to his skill at Pokémon training, but his earnestness, rashness, and determination have remained. Never straying from his goal, he has remained loyal to his friends, his family, and his supporters, but most of all his Pokémon. Ash became a great Trainer by learning to find and use the inner strength of each of his Pokémon by bonding with them. For example, when he received a banner filled with prints from his Pokémon in The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!, he knew which Pokémon placed specific prints, showing his close bond with them. He also learns where their hidden abilities lie, as well as resorting to unorthodox strategies when fighting particularly challenging opponents. For example, he uses his Pikachu's speed to outmaneuver larger foes and attack. In another instance, his Charizard defeated Gary's Blastoise by causing the field to overheat before mounting a close-quarters attack while Blastoise was blinded by the steam. He also prefers to train a Pokémon to be the best it can without forcing it to evolve, as evidenced by his treatment of Gligar in Fighting Fear With Fear!. He is happy when his Pokémon evolve but lets them choose whether or not they want to evolve instead of forcing them.



Early on, Ash originally trained not to further himself but instead to catch more Pokémon than Gary. He later slowed his pace which allowed him to focus on the individual traits of each Pokémon. At the Johto League Silver Conference, with great humility and maturity, Ash finally won a battle against his old rival, signifying a great milestone in his history. His maturity has also increased in his dealings with Pokémon. This is shown when a Mankey stole his hat in Primeape Goes Bananas, he screamed and yelled at it, even climbing trees just to get his hat back, but when an Aipom did the same in Slaking Kong, he stated merely that he would feel strange without a hat. When Aipom stole his hat again in Setting the World on its Buneary!, however, while it was under his ownership, he chased after it in the same manner as before.
In most episodes of the anime, especially those during the Johto League saga, Ash befriends someone who will influence him and cause him to strive to become a better Trainer. Although he is not a dependent individual, he is still young and has learned to make his way relying on his friends, particularly the maternal skills of Brock. The honor of "best friend" is usually reserved for Pikachu but Ash has come to see his closest human friends in the same light over time; using the term for Misty and Brock in Gotta Catch Ya Later! as well as May and Max in Battling the Enemy Within.
He has traversed much of the Pokémon world and has thus far participated in five Pokémon League regional competitions, but he is still learning new things about Pokémon all the time.



Ash has gained a close connection with many legendary Pokémon, including Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Celebi, Latias, Azelf, Shaymin, Giratina, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram*, Zekrom* and Meloetta. In the English dub second movie, he was revealed to be "The Chosen One" - the one who would bring balance back to the world when it was disrupted.



Although viewed as a normal human, Ash does have some special abilities, as he is said to have the same aura as Sir Aaron, a legendary hero, and is theoretically able to manipulate it in much the same way. Therefore, he made a connection with Sir Aaron's Lucario. However, he has not received any training in this field, opting to continue his Pokémon journey instead. He has also been likened to an ancient aura guardian in The Keystone Pops!, who also had a partner Pikachu. Later, in Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! Parts 1 and 2, Ash uses aura again to locate a lost Riolu and read Riolu's mind as well. This time, however, he merely senses the aura, rather than manipulating it.
Ash has also participated in Contests. He has a Contest Pass for the Sinnoh region, as well as one for the Hoenn region as it was required to watch one of the Contests held there. Ash carries half of a broken Poké Ball with him everywhere, while Gary has the other half, as a symbol of their ongoing, but now friendly, rivalry; Misty's special lure, which she sent to him as a gift; and half of a Ribbon he received in a Contest against May before she left the group to compete in Johto. Ash also participated in the Wallace Cup on the suggestion of Wallace but he lost in the second stage of the Battle Round.
Ash soon obtained all of the Sinnoh Gym Badges. During his battles in the Lily of the Valley Conference, he managed to advance to the Top 4, during which time he defeated his long-time Sinnoh rival Paul for the first time, and fought against Tobias, becoming the only known Trainer to defeat his Darkrai. Though he lost later on in the battle, he seems to be okay with losing, as he has become closer to his Pokémon than ever before. Ash, Dawn, and Brock then set off on their own paths to follow their respective dreams, with Brock saying he will no longer be joining Ash on his next journey.



In the Best Wishes series, Ash came with Professor Oak and his mom on a trip to the Unova region. After losing in a battle to Trip and seeing the power of the legendary Zekrom, Ash became interested in traveling Unova to meet new Pokémon, as well as new friends. In Unova, he brought along only his Pikachu as he did in Hoenn.
During his time in Unova, along with his quest for the Badges, Ash also competed in the local competitions Club Battle, Clubsplosion and Pokémon World Tournament Junior Cup. Despite battling quite well, he failed to win any of the tournaments and managed to be the runner-up of two of the three. Despite these mishaps, he didn't feel bad for seeing his friends winning the awards. After managing to obtain the Unova Badges he was allowed to participate in the Vertress Conference along with his current and some new rivals. In the preliminary round, he battled Trip one-on-one, defeating him for the first time and ending their rivalry. Ash also defeated his friend and rival Stephan. He then battled one of his recent rivals, Cameron, where he lost in A Unova League Evolution!, making it to the top 8 of the Vertress Conference.
In the XY series, Ash travels to the Kalos region with Alexa, whom he met while traveling in the Decolore Islands. He first visited Lumiose City in Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!, where he parted ways with Alexa and tried to challenge the Lumiose Gym at Prism Tower, only to be forcibly ejected from the tower when the computerized security system found out that he doesn't have any badges. He is rescued by Clemont and Bonnie, who travel with him after he calms down a rampaging Garchomp at the top of Prism Tower. In XY006, Ash wins his first Kalos Badge, the Bug Badge, after defeating the Santalune Gym Leader Viola. The group is also joined by Serena, who turns out to be a girl he met in his childhood during Professor Oak's Pokémon Summer Camp, although he initially did not remember the two of them meeting.


Pokemon : As a Trainer, Ash has captured and befriended a sizable number of Pokémon over the course of the anime. His philosophy on training is that Pokémon are individuals and that a combination of trust, friendship and hard work are needed to overcome adversity. He seems to battle best with Pokémon that are similar to Pikachu: ones that are speedy and maneuverable, yet able to perform high-powered attacks; however, he is willing to work with any Pokémon that comes into his care. Ash's battle style is generally spontaneous and fairly unorthodox, and his Pokémon often reflect these traits.


Character : Ash's main goal in life, as described in the first episode, is to be the world's greatest Pokémon Master.
One particular characteristic about Ash that has not changed over the course of the series aside from his determination and his passion for raising and training Pokémon is that he is incredibly selfless. He will often (and this has happened for just about every one of his Pokémon) go to extraordinary lengths to earn a Pokémon's trust and respect; and he will often go out of his way to better understand a Pokémon that he sees as troubled. He is also very fair-minded and trusting, a true testament to his good-natured character. But failed to reach his destination.




Source : Bulbapedia

Thanks to : Bulbapedia
__________________

Last edited by TheAmazingSpiderMan; December 5th, 2013 at 12:26 AM.
  #43    
Old December 14th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Dark Shadow 6's Avatar
Dark Shadow 6
Kιηg Oƒ Hєαятѕ
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: India
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Great note.

Club update : what you think how does Ash's character needed to be ?
__________________
  #44    
Old December 14th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
I watched the XY anime up to the third episode, or whenever it was the English "preview" ended (it should be continuing again this month, no?), and I was actually quite curious to what the background between Ash and Serena was, so I guess that was kinda explained. I imagine AshxSerena will probably be a new favourite ship entirely because of that :p

What you think how does Ash's character needed to be?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Do you mean personality- and skill-wise, because I definitely feel like there could be some improvements in that aspect. I think they could tone down the ditzyness a bit, since I feel like there could be potential for a great character, if he just lost the whole "stupid" characteristic. I mean he's kind and to some degree really good at Pokemon battles, but he definitely isn't the ideal character, and I doubt even the audience it's targeted at thinks so either. If he just stopped forgetting certain Pokemon and typings I think he'd be a lot more enjoyable to watch, and I still think they could allow improvement without making degrading his skill level with every new region. It seems as though they're kinda aiming towards that in the XY anime? At least I find myself liking him a lot more in the few episodes I've seen :p

If you're talking about what his end goal should be, I don't think anything other than Pokemon Master would really be a valid option. I mean, he set out with two goals; to catch them all, and to become a Pokemon master, but he quickly dropped the first one, and I doubt it'd really be a possibility at this point. So yeah, the become a Pokemon master, even though I don't know exactly how you do become one :p
  #45    
Old January 11th, 2014, 09:27 PM
TheAmazingSpiderMan's Avatar
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: India
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli View Post
I watched the XY anime up to the third episode, or whenever it was the English "preview" ended (it should be continuing again this month, no?), and I was actually quite curious to what the background between Ash and Serena was, so I guess that was kinda explained. I imagine AshxSerena will probably be a new favourite ship entirely because of that :p

What you think how does Ash's character needed to be?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Do you mean personality- and skill-wise, because I definitely feel like there could be some improvements in that aspect. I think they could tone down the ditzyness a bit, since I feel like there could be potential for a great character, if he just lost the whole "stupid" characteristic. I mean he's kind and to some degree really good at Pokemon battles, but he definitely isn't the ideal character, and I doubt even the audience it's targeted at thinks so either. If he just stopped forgetting certain Pokemon and typings I think he'd be a lot more enjoyable to watch, and I still think they could allow improvement without making degrading his skill level with every new region. It seems as though they're kinda aiming towards that in the XY anime? At least I find myself liking him a lot more in the few episodes I've seen :p

If you're talking about what his end goal should be, I don't think anything other than Pokemon Master would really be a valid option. I mean, he set out with two goals; to catch them all, and to become a Pokemon master, but he quickly dropped the first one, and I doubt it'd really be a possibility at this point. So yeah, the become a Pokemon master, even though I don't know exactly how you do become one :p
yeah me to kinda.

I would like to see Ash as one of the best trainer in the world. I would like to see him as a brave and a aggresive men who train his Pokemon very hard and make them enough strong to beat a legendary Pokemon. I would love to see Ash as a very strong either a gym leader or a league champ. I would like to see him start a very new journey with his son or any friend. And while he start ti reach his goal he catch to many Pokemon and become a great Pokemon owner. also he need to catch a legendary. He need to be a Person who can die for his Pokemon (Well he already is) And with a very good personality.
__________________
  #46    
Old January 13th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsirentRhythm View Post
yeah me to kinda.

I would like to see Ash as one of the best trainer in the world. I would like to see him as a brave and a aggresive men who train his Pokemon very hard and make them enough strong to beat a legendary Pokemon. I would love to see Ash as a very strong either a gym leader or a league champ. I would like to see him start a very new journey with his son or any friend. And while he start ti reach his goal he catch to many Pokemon and become a great Pokemon owner. also he need to catch a legendary. He need to be a Person who can die for his Pokemon (Well he already is) And with a very good personality.
I think a lot of what defines Ash's character is the fact that he doesn't push his Pokemon too hard. That he considers them friends too, rather than tools of battle and entertainment. I just couldn't really see him as someone who'd push his Pokemon hard. But then again, the topic was rather subjective and opiniated :p But yeah, I feel like some of the goals and characteristics you mentioned are some that kinda define his rivals, but I reckon he's often very similar to his rivals anyways :p But yeah, personally I'd like him to keep him just as he is in regards to ambitions and personality, but making him a more capable and professional trainer :p
  #47    
Old January 13th, 2014, 08:38 PM
TheAmazingSpiderMan's Avatar
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: India
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli View Post
I think a lot of what defines Ash's character is the fact that he doesn't push his Pokemon too hard. That he considers them friends too, rather than tools of battle and entertainment. I just couldn't really see him as someone who'd push his Pokemon hard. But then again, the topic was rather subjective and opiniated :p But yeah, I feel like some of the goals and characteristics you mentioned are some that kinda define his rivals, but I reckon he's often very similar to his rivals anyways :p But yeah, personally I'd like him to keep him just as he is in regards to ambitions and personality, but making him a more capable and professional trainer :p
yeah your right olli. But anyways he is a great trainer. Cause he loves his Pokemon.

New topic : Ash's Age ?

Answer : well its a major secret that its not considered yet that what is Ash's age. he started his journey when he was 10 years old but its revealed that he is still 10 or 14 or something. I mean how could they show something like this ? i mean Pokemon director should do the things where it should. I think Ash need to be 15 or 16 or something but i don't know what the director and teams are trying to say his Age. He has start his journey when he was 10 and what is his age now ? i think if he is 15 or something in this GEN VI it will be better and perfect.
__________________
  #48    
Old January 15th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
Well, if we're gonna go with what's canon, he is still 10, yeah. And how he managed to stay 10 for over at least 1 confirmed year, since it was mentioned in the short to the third movie that the day on which the short took place marked their one year anniversary of being friends, is beyond me, but I believe Oak mentioned him to be 10 in the first episode of the B/W anime, so at least from that point on, we can confirm that he's 10. He did look to have aged a bit in the X&Y anime though, but it might just be the update in the art style, and the fact that he actually has teeth now xD

But if we're gonna look at the why of him being 10, it's probably a marketing scheme. The Pokemon franchise as a whole is targeted towards children around the ages of 10 (even though it's only really in Japan that the ones at those ages are interested in Pokemon. Everywhere else in the world they're playing Call of Duty :( ), so to still keep it interesting and relate-able to their target audience, they've just decided to keep him 10. And it makes sense, especially considering Pokemon isn't one of those story-driven animes that really require you to watch through it all, which would also be a pretty insane demand considering how long it's been running for. So I definitely understand why they'd do it :p

As for the explanation. We're never really given one, but fans like to speculate, and I reckon the two most prominent theories about this are the Ash coma theory and the Ho-oh theory. I reckon most already know about the Ash coma theory, and it's also extremely lengthy, so not gonna go into depth about it, but it's basically one bringing up the possibility of his entire journey being one he's experienced while being in a coma, which was caused by the massive thundershock from Pikachu in the first episode I believe. And interesting as it may be, there are a lot of holes, and it's honestly not that believable.

The one I find to be much more plausible though, is the Ho-oh theory. Basically it's based around one of Ho-oh's Pokedex entries, stating that Ho-oh has the power to grant people eternal happiness. And people have speculated that that might've been what happened in the first episode. Like how he wished that he'd be on a journey that would last forever, and that wish would basically come true after Ho-oh passed by. I reckon a lot of the Ash haters would hate for that to be the case though :p

But yeah, Ash's age isn't really something we're able to explain at this point, other than the fact that it's most likely just a marketing scheme :p
  #49    
Old January 15th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Sheep's Avatar
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Hoenn
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
I'd like to suggest you fix up the club first post a bit, if I may, Rhythm! The text is white so I can't read it because the forum theme I'm using has a white background. A lot of the images are broken, too. 8(

Your partner Pokemon: Chespin
Your favorite Ash's pokemon: Snivy
The best Pokemon of Ash: Hm, I'll have to say Charizard. He's had some excellent battles and gone through quite a lot of progression. Very strong!

Why does Ash love Pikachu most?

I wouldn't say he loves Pikachu most but they are best friends. Their first meeting was harsh as Pikachu didn't obey but Ash practically risked his life to save him from the flock of Spearow.. very touching story. No surprise that they've grown so close over it! A lot more of a unique story than meeting and having a good relationship from the start.
__________________

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Avatar & Signature by Achromatic
  #50    
Old January 15th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Peitharchia's Avatar
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York, USA
Your partner Pokemon: Froakie.
Your favorite Ash's Pokemon: Sceptile.
The best Pokemon of Ash: In my opinion, it would have to be Snorlax. I've seen Ash battle with it a few times before, and it was able to perform quite decently.

Why does Ash love Pikachu most?
I'm sure Ash loves all his Pokémon, but especially Pikachu, because... well, it was his first. They didn't get along with each other very well at first as Sheep pointed out, but as they began traveling, they started to trust each other. Eventually, they became good friends. Later, they became best friends, and it was just hard to keep them apart from each other. This is one of the major reasons why you always see Pikachu with Ash in his journeys.
__________________
for all distractions.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:43 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.