Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Do you play with 3D turned on or off?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old October 23rd, 2013 (09:44 AM).
Team Kalos

Nature: Lax
I usually keep it off 'cause when I turn it on it seems to cause the battle to lag a little and the text is slower.
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (11:56 AM).
Team Johto

Nature: Quiet
Off. My eyes start to feel like they are stressed out after awhile when I have it on.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (12:06 PM).
Team Sinnoh

i keep it off 3d effect will destory your eye more then watch regular tv
Old October 23rd, 2013 (12:18 PM).
Team Johto

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Elyzyn
I occasionally turn it on, I love the 3DS feature but I have to find a comfortable position for it not to hurt my eyes, and that takes forever :3

X Safari: [Unknown due to reset ]
Y Safari [Yet to Discover, pm me if you know :D]:
Native Vivillion:
Old October 23rd, 2013 (12:37 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Team Johto
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I play with the 3D on most of the time.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (12:43 PM).
The Mighty Scizor
Team Unova

Nature: Serious
I keep it off because it hurts my eyes as well. Also i get dizzy from it to.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (12:46 PM).
Poof
Team Kanto

Nature: Impish
Off. I think I've turned it on once or twice, but only for a very brief moment. Not a big fan of playing in 3D for prolonged periods of time. Not to mention the framerate hit.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (12:50 PM).
Rank 1: Otsdarva
Team Kanto

Nature: Rash
I never do, but it's mostly because I never remember to turn it on. For some reason or another it just doesn't ever occur to me. I tested it out once after I first got the system, but not since then. Anyways, I'm of the opinion that 3ds games shouldn't NEED the 3d function to be visually impresive, at least for hand held standards.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (03:46 PM).
Team Unova

Quote originally posted by Iceman3317:
I keep it off. I have never really liked 3D. Spy Kids 3D: Game Over pretty much killed 3D for me because the glasses hurt my eyes. I have always considered 3D effect a waste of money.
Heh the one and only 3d movie I ever saw at the cinema and I spent the whole time feeling sick.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (03:48 PM).
Resilient
Team Kanto
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Faye Rose~
Off because I have a 2DS lol .-.

The Rainbow Connection

TheZenTraveler
Sopheria

4012-4551-1244
Old October 23rd, 2013 (03:52 PM).
Team Kalos

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
I can't see the 3D, or any 3D for that matter. So mine is always off.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (03:58 PM).
Guardian of Le Foret
Team Kalos
Gold Tier

I usually have 3d turned off because I think it has a bit higher quality 2d. But that is not to say that I dont like 3d.
A lot of the time it can be an up an down vicious cycle of 3d or 2d xD

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Be a role model
Team Unova
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
I noticed a slight discernment when I turned my 3D on. A slight one unfortunately. For the most part, I played with my 3D off, but I tried to turn the 3D for most of the Gym and E4 battles, and the cutscenes.

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
Reality? Or a dream?
Team Johto

Nature: Jolly
most of the times I keep it off. I may turn it on every now and then to see how things look in 3d however
Old October 23rd, 2013 (03:59 PM).
Underdog of Truth
Team Sinnoh

I play with it sometimes. I am to big of a fan of it... but it's okay.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (04:20 PM).
Unburden Belly Drum
Team Kanto
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
I had it on for certain scenes but now it's always off. It's better to save the battery and not have the slight lag, I think. The 3D effects were pretty solid, though, so that was a plus for whenever I had it on.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (05:08 PM).
Team Unova

To people who say your eyes hurt, try checking the calibration settings or something. Unless you have very sensitive eyes, you're probably doing it wrong.

I play with 3D on all the time. I have 8 - 10 hours grinding sessions every now and then, and it doesn't affect me in any way. I personally don't see why anyone would turn off such an awesome feature.
[Lord Summerisle:] "Now, those children out there, they're jumping through the flames in the hope that the god of the fire will make them fruitful. Really, you can't blame them. After all, what girl would not prefer the child of a god to that of some acne-scarred artisan?"

[Sergeant Howie:] "And you encourage them in this?"

[Lord Summerisle:]"Actively! It's most important to teach new generation born of Summerisle be made aware that here the old gods aren't dead."

[Sergeant Howie:]"And what of the true God? To whose glory churches and monasteries have been built on these islands for generations past? Now what of Him?"

[Lord Summerisle:]"Oh, He's dead. He can't complain. He had his chance and in modern parlance. Blew it."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Lord Summerisle:]“And the ministers fled the island never to return. What my grandfather started out of expediency, my father continued out of love. He brought me up the same way: to reverence the music, and the drama, and the rituals of the old gods; to love nature and to fear it, and to rely on it and to appease it when necessary. He brought me up —”

[Sergeant Howie:]“He brought you up to be a pagan!”

[Lord Summerisle:]“A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one.”
Old October 23rd, 2013 (05:13 PM).
Team Kalos

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by PokéLoco:
To people who say your eyes hurt, try checking the calibration settings or something. Unless you have very sensitive eyes, you're probably doing it wrong.
Not really. Its well known that our eyes cannot handle the 3D effect due to how the eyes having to process the images we are receiving at a very fast and changing pace in a scale that is larger than we were born to be able to perceive. There are warnings on 3D TVs, systems, games, and movies that say people are supposed to take breaks from interacting and over exposure could cause irreversible consequences.

I cannot see 3D effects, but I still suffer from the draw backs because, even though I cannot see them, my eyes still try to process the images the way they are meant to be processed and it puts a lot of strain on my eyes.

If you can do the 3D effect, having your slider up at all times, and not suffer from anything that means your eyes are just more accustomed to something it shouldn't be accustomed to at all. Means in this one instance your eyes are better than most people's.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (05:25 PM).
Team Unova

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Not really. Its well known that our eyes cannot handle the 3D effect due to how the eyes having to process the images we are receiving at a very fast and changing pace in a scale that is larger than we were born to be able to perceive. There are warnings on 3D TVs, systems, games, and movies that say people are supposed to take breaks from interacting and over exposure could cause irreversible consequences.

I cannot see 3D effects, but I still suffer from the draw backs because, even though I cannot see them, my eyes still try to process the images the way they are meant to be processed and it puts a lot of strain on my eyes.

If you can do the 3D effect, having your slider up at all times, and not suffer from anything that means your eyes are just more accustomed to something it shouldn't be accustomed to at all. Means in this one instance your eyes are better than most people's.
Yes, however, where I live it is also well known that looking at a computer screen for too long would give you square eyes, so I tend to take those kind of statements with a grain of salt.
Granted I see some people do get irritated from the 3D function, but relating to myself I can't figure out why.
That said, the moment I move my 3DS out of it's "perfect position", my eyes get teary because the 3D effect becomes irritating - I can clearly see an overlay of the same two pictures. This is where my previous statement came from.
[Lord Summerisle:] "Now, those children out there, they're jumping through the flames in the hope that the god of the fire will make them fruitful. Really, you can't blame them. After all, what girl would not prefer the child of a god to that of some acne-scarred artisan?"

[Lord Summerisle:]"Actively! It's most important to teach new generation born of Summerisle be made aware that here the old gods aren't dead."

[Sergeant Howie:]"And what of the true God? To whose glory churches and monasteries have been built on these islands for generations past? Now what of Him?"

[Lord Summerisle:]"Oh, He's dead. He can't complain. He had his chance and in modern parlance. Blew it."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Lord Summerisle:]“And the ministers fled the island never to return. What my grandfather started out of expediency, my father continued out of love. He brought me up the same way: to reverence the music, and the drama, and the rituals of the old gods; to love nature and to fear it, and to rely on it and to appease it when necessary. He brought me up —”

[Lord Summerisle:]“A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one.”
Old October 23rd, 2013 (05:53 PM).
Poof
Team Kanto

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by PokéLoco:
Yes, however, where I live it is also well known that looking at a computer screen for too long would give you square eyes, so I tend to take those kind of statements with a grain of salt.
Granted I see some people do get irritated from the 3D function, but relating to myself I can't figure out why.
That said, the moment I move my 3DS out of it's "perfect position", my eyes get teary because the 3D effect becomes irritating - I can clearly see an overlay of the same two pictures. This is where my previous statement came from.
Therein lies the issue (at least for me). Do you have a regular 3DS or an XL? I hear it's a bit trickier to stay within the "3D zone" on the XL, which is why I never have it enabled for long periods. It's not the actual 3D effect that seems to give me a headache, it's the fact that my eyes are constantly going in and out of "focus."
Old October 23rd, 2013 (05:56 PM).
Team Unova

Quote originally posted by Vanish:
Therein lies the issue (at least for me). Do you have a regular 3DS or an XL? I hear it's a bit trickier to stay within the "3D zone" on the XL, which is why I never have it enabled for long periods. It's not the 3D that eventually gives me a headache, it's the fact that my eyes are constantly going in and out of "focus."
I play on a regular 3DS, and aside from that, I usually play in bed or on the sofa, primarily when lying down, so I don't move around much. This is how I can keep my screen in focus towards my eyes.

Old October 23rd, 2013 (06:17 PM).
Dual Wielding
Team Hoenn
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
I forced the choice on myself.. and bought a 2DS

FC: 1306-6255-5179 VM/PM Please
Old October 23rd, 2013 (06:35 PM).
6IV Shiny Master
Team Kalos

Nature: Timid
I keep it on. Love the 3D effect!

Pokemon AS FC: 2165-5624-7911

Old October 23rd, 2013 (07:37 PM).
Deadpool
Team Kanto

I have it off, it hurts my eyes too much to keep it on.

Game: Pokemon X
3DS Friend Code: 4227-2023-1447
If you add my friend code please PM me letting me know so I can add you as well. Thanks!
Old October 23rd, 2013 (10:57 PM).
とたけけ
Team Hoenn
ModeratorCSEO

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
I tried having the 3D on for one battle, then turned it off for the rest of the game. I have to be sitting in a very specific position for the 3D to even look the way it's supposed to, but even then I can't look at it for very long without it giving me a headache, so I don't bother.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links