Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Why the delay? Pokemon Bank/Transfer!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old October 25th, 2013 (04:31 AM).
Alluring Illusion
Team Kanto

Nature: Modest
(Topic) Has anyone thought about this? I mean, it shouldn't take two months to setup and prepare a site solely for keeping Pokemon like a digital warehouse, right? Unless Game Freak has something in store for us that they won't reveal not until the closing days of the feature's release. Has anyone had this thought?
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old October 25th, 2013 (04:37 AM).
Fire Dragon Slayer
Team Sinnoh
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
*Cough* hidden legendaries *Cough*

Name: Drakath
3DS Friend Code: 2723-9635-5698
Old October 25th, 2013 (05:23 AM).
Huntin' Shinies!
Team Kanto

Might just be a way of making sure we don't all blast through the game with fully EV/Perfect IV pokemon that we have ready in previous games? *shrug*
Old October 25th, 2013 (06:53 AM).
Fictional Writer.
Team Kanto

Nature: Quiet
Well they are probably making it 2 months so they can be sure there is no bug. Do you want your pokemon to be deleted completely because of a bug? They are also giving player time to finish the Kalos Dex and train them.

Darker Than It Seem..
ShadowFighting/Dark)
Party: Noivern, Greninja, Lucario, Eevee, Seedot
PC: Doublade, Vibrava
Old October 25th, 2013 (06:53 AM).
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!
Team Johto

Send a message via Skype™ to Songbird
Quote originally posted by Tunuko:
Might just be a way of making sure we don't all blast through the game with fully EV/Perfect IV pokemon that we have ready in previous games? *shrug*
That would be ineffective. You still need the badges to use them.

I think it's much better like this, honestly. People still blazed through the game, but there's no hacks. No cheating, no perfect Pokémon from your previous games. None of the absurdity that came with the DS games, ROMs and the Action Replay.

Everyone gets a fresh start. Everyone's on the same level.

Competitive battling has gotten more approachable. Breeding for perfection has gotten easier and more widespread.

Wonder Trade in particular has improved greatly since release. You still see quite a few junk Pokémon, but breeders are Wonder Trading their starters and rare Pokémon, and version exclusives -- I got an Adamant Mawile with five perfect IVs and a Modest Protean Froakie over Wonder Trade. "Casual" players trade their late-game catches hoping to get a smile out of someone earlier on in their journey. Some people even trade their legendaries.

Thanks to the delay of the Bank, players are less dependent on their older Pokémon; the competitive battling scene would be the exact same as before if it weren't for this. They get to find new life in training a brand new team.

The only thing I plan on using the Pokémon Transporter for now is sending over breedables and legendaries. I don't know if I'll even send my Battle Box from Black 2.

Now, on to the actual delay of the Bank: Game Sync's servers still get the "busy" message half a month into the game, and some of the Global Link features aren't even open yet. Pokémon Bank is going to be massive in comparison, meaning they need to seriously stress test the servers, modify accordingly (and repeat this process multiple times). Potentially losing your Pokémon over what could be years upon years of work (up to ten years thanks to Pal Park and the PokéTransporter of the 4th and 5th generations!) is nothing compared to the server downtime experienced in GTA V. It's perfectly understandable for the release to be months out.

Of course, I still like to believe that giving everybody a clean slate is one of the reasons for the delay.
Old October 25th, 2013 (07:00 AM).
Huntin' Shinies!
Team Kanto

Quote originally posted by Songbird:
That would be ineffective. You still need the badges to use them.
XD You said pretty much the same thing in a zillion more words teehee
Old October 25th, 2013 (07:02 AM).
Team Sinnoh

I think they are making sure it is a reliable service. Many websites these days if they have a set day with no prep time and little anticipation then they crash or lag the servers.
Hoping that they do a deal where they release one of the new event items for a legendary during it! :D
Old January 20th, 2014 (12:18 PM).
Team Kanto

I'm just hoping we get at least one of hoopa diancie or volcanion before the xy instalment. The bank has become the least of my hopes recently. At first it kinda pissed me off now I'm just like whatever, it is what it is

you gotta know that I adore you
Old January 20th, 2014 (12:26 PM).
Master
Team Unova

Nature: Lonely
server issues are easy fixes, so that's not why it's still down, from what i've heard sounds like they didn't have it working right, hacked pokemon got through very easily. so probably working on that and making the service work in a way that would best suit them.
Old January 20th, 2014 (02:05 PM).
Team Unova

It'd be nice if Nintendo would tell us something so we don't have to speculate so much....
Old January 20th, 2014 (02:28 PM).
& having to receive it
Team Hoenn

Don't revive dead threads, guys. There's a new thread about PokéBank right here, so if you want to discuss it, head there instead.

Thread locked.

Sponsored Links