Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Reload this Page Virtual Machines

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old October 25th, 2013 (06:07 AM).

I was wanting to know, but how many people here use virtual machines of any sort? What programs do you use for accessing Virtual Machines, whether that'd be VirtualBox, VMWare, or even Microsoft Virtual PC?
Old October 25th, 2013 (08:38 AM).
3DS and Wii U Game Developer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to MKGirlism
I have VMWare, but I don't use it.
I don't know why, but for some reason, I fall asleep when using Virtual Machines, probably because of the heat that comes out of a PC?
I used to use Xen Servers at work, but we only used them actively when there are problems on them.
Old October 25th, 2013 (08:42 AM).
net start w3svc

Nature: Quirky
I use Virtual Machines a lot. I have used VMware, Virtualbox, Parallels, and Hyper V. My personal favorite is Hyper V if you are in a Windows domain environment. It doesn't have all of the features others have, but for me it works great.

I use it at work. I am currently in the middle of transitioning everything over to Hyper V. The last Sysadmin was a fan of VMware, and ESXi, but he never actually installed any keys in the ESXi servers so their functionality is limited. I will admit, that VMware has some very cool, advanced features, but you have to pay for them.
Old October 25th, 2013 (10:50 AM).
You like dragons?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Hasty
I actually use Hyper-V for Windows Phone 8 emulation (because I don't have any WP8 devices), as well as for virtualizing other OSes like Ubuntu Linux.

It's a good thing that the early upgrade offer was for the Pro version of Windows 8...
Old October 27th, 2013 (03:57 AM).
Wish upon a star.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
I used to use Microsoft Virtual PC and VirtualBox when I was interested in seeing how the older Windows OS and Linux works back then.

PC | Slateport | Lake Valor | PC Server | Gold Server | My Pairs | PC Family | Blog
Ask Me Anything! | Adoption Center Mentor | Twitter | #TeamTrivia

On reduced activity until my health is good.
Old October 27th, 2013 (08:24 AM).

Nature: Quiet
I have used a virtual machine (VMware, if I'm not mistaken? Or was it VirtualBox?) back during my IT course last year. We had this class on VMs and the classroom had a few computers running Ubuntu. We then learnt how to use that virtual machine to open up Windows XP and Linux. That class was one of the most interesting parts of that unit.
Old October 28th, 2013 (10:15 PM).
Ascension to heaven
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
I have a couple times with Virtualbox and VMWare. I used them largely to give Linux a try as well as "play" with Windows XP. Was a rather interesting experience, and will wind up using them again in the future.

Old October 30th, 2013 (09:54 AM).
The Graphical Master

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ganesha Send a message via Yahoo to ganesha Send a message via Skype™ to ganesha
I use VMWare for emulating Windows XP on my Win7 laptop to access a printer whose drivers do not support Win 7, a laserjet printer so not going for another printer as long as it works

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links