The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 21st, 2014, 07:26 AM
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
Uh...every ROM I try to open, it keeps saying "Unsupported ROM!" These are ROMs that I have not edited, and they're Ruby, Sapphire, Firered, Leafgreen, and Emerald.

Fairy-type in Pokémon Emerald: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=288
Old March 21st, 2014, 07:55 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepkhan View Post
Does this mean that you can make Fire Punch (just to use an example) Physical in Gen 3?
Yes you can, but, it won't work alone. Like ShyRaya told you, a Physical/Special Split patch. (Look for Doesn'tKnowHowToPlay's patch in the resources forum.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCoolJ95 View Post
Uh...every ROM I try to open, it keeps saying "Unsupported ROM!" These are ROMs that I have not edited, and they're Ruby, Sapphire, Firered, Leafgreen, and Emerald.
Are you using Windows XP?
Anyway, you can fix that by putting the rom in the same folder as the program.
Old March 21st, 2014, 08:22 AM
Dark Sneasel
dem Verdanturf flowers are sexy
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
They look great! Can't wait until my good computer gets fixed so I can try them.

Join Poketch.com, a new ROM hacking community! Click on the image for more!
Old March 21st, 2014, 09:03 AM
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
Are you using Windows XP?
Anyway, you can fix that by putting the rom in the same folder as the program.
I am using XP. I'll see if that works.

EDIT: Well, it works if I put the ROM within the same folder. Anyways, the program looks promising. I'll just have to figure out where to put which offsets. But, other than that, it looks promising.

Fairy-type in Pokémon Emerald: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=288
Old March 21st, 2014, 09:40 AM
cloudforgiven

can that trainer editor edit the difficulty of the ai, to make them harder? And the ev aspect of the editor, how does it distribute the evs among the pokmeons stats? like 100 each or idk how??
Old March 21st, 2014, 10:16 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudforgiven View Post
can that trainer editor edit the difficulty of the ai, to make them harder? And the ev aspect of the editor, how does it distribute the evs among the pokmeons stats? like 100 each or idk how??
Apparently, the Unknown Byte is called AI in some Trainers Editor, but I don't know anything about that byte.
The "AI" byte, is 1 for most FR/LG Trainers and 7 for a few such as Rival and Gym Leaders and CoolTrainers, who are supposedly harder than the usual trainers.
In Emerald, some trainers have 0, 3, 11, 15 or 23 in that byte. (decimal)
Such random values means that the byte is read in binary, which would be logic if it is used to control the AI.

The editor does not distribut the EVs, the game engine does based on the value in the EVs byte. But how exactly the engine uses that byte? I don't know, yet.
Doesn'tKnowHowToPlay made a patch that allows you to have a full control over Trainers' Pokémon's EVs AND natures using the EVs byte, look for it in the R&D forum.
Old March 21st, 2014, 10:31 AM
cloudforgiven

well emerald there is a complete hack tool to edit any trainer pokemon as well as difficulty, i believe 255 is the highest it goes. I got 255 from the battle frontier brains, when i edited their poke so you can assume thats the limit. Im not really into rom hacking (the code aspect), i just use the tools, si i have no idea what thatdontknow how to play is talking about, but thanks for the help.
Old April 14th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

I just upload G3T 2.2, I fixed some few minor bugs and added the possibility to edit a move's description.
I think the next tool I'll make will be an Item Editor.
Old April 15th, 2014, 05:20 AM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
[QUOTE=Kurapika;7904520]

If anyone feels like helping me understand sprites data in order to be able to show them in my tools, I'd appreciate the help.
[QUOTE]
Not sure what language you are coding in but I do have some stuff in my sig that may help you.
Old April 16th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
Not sure what language you are coding in but I do have some stuff in my sig that may help you.
I am using Visual Studio 2010. Thank you dude, I'll have a look on it! :3

Edit: Yay, finally I am able to show sprites in my tools. Thank you Gamer2020!!

Last edited by Kurapika; April 17th, 2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old April 19th, 2014, 12:16 AM
weedle14

Hi. can anyone please explain me what the experience column do. I am having a hard time figuring it out
Old April 19th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

@Weedle14, Base Exp. is a factor in the Experience Gain calculation. The higher it is, the higher is the amount of Experience is given by that Pokémon when beaten. (f.e. Raticate gives more Experience than Rattata, because its Base Exp is higher than Rattata's)
Max Exp. is the amount of Experience the Pokémon will have at Level 100. The higher it is, the slower it is to level up. (Magikarp is slow to level up compared to Goldeen, because Magikarp's Max Exp. is higher. Also, you should not that, unlike Base Exp., Pokémon of the same family MUST have the same Max. Exp otherwise, if a Pokémon evolves into a Pokémon with a different Max Exp. it will cause the game to freeze when it levels up during a battle.)

G3T v2.3 is coming very soon. Bringing some cool stuff, such as an Item Editor and improvments to the already existing tools.

Last edited by Kurapika; April 20th, 2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 05:54 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Yosh!!
I just Uploaded version 2.3 that brings more fixes, more features and a new tool for idtems editing.

Enjoy,
Old April 22nd, 2014, 11:52 AM
mydrago
Gen IV Hacker/SS Fan

Nature: Timid
This tool looks interesting
Some features maybe can work
Editing pokemon cry's
Maybe add a sound editor for editing the sound of attacks like cut rocksmash etc
Extending Items Extra items in the game or pokemons if possible
Thats all about features
Do this work for Emerald?
Anyway Good work on making this tool
Hope to see updates

Old April 22nd, 2014, 12:12 PM
Dragonflye

Nice work, but I can't repoint in 32mb Freespace.

Old April 23rd, 2014, 12:21 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Your tools work with Expanded Pokemon Amount? As I figured that GBAPGE work with expanded Pokemon Table. I ask that you tools can do it.

POKEMON DIRTY SUN - Comming Soon.
Old April 24th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonflye View Post
Nice work, but I can't repoint in 32mb Freespace.
Hmm!! I suppose that pointers in a 32Mb-sized ROM end with 09 instead of 08, if pointing to the extended space. Right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
Your tools work with Expanded Pokemon Amount? As I figured that GBAPGE work with expanded Pokemon Table. I ask that you tools can do it.
LCCoolJ95 told me the tools do work with expanded Pokémon Table, you'll just need to change the value of NumberOfPokemon in the appropriate .ini file.
Old April 24th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Dragonflye

[QUOTE=Kurapika;8213842]Hmm!! I suppose that pointers in a 32Mb-sized ROM end with 09 instead of 08, if pointing to the extended space. Right?

Yes, thats right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Work the Tool with expandet also with attacks?

Old April 24th, 2014, 07:30 AM
SBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
Hmm!! I suppose that pointers in a 32Mb-sized ROM end with 09 instead of 08, if pointing to the extended space. Right?

LCCoolJ95 told me the tools do work with expanded Pokémon Table, you'll just need to change the value of NumberOfPokemon in the appropriate .ini file.
In order to work with 32MB romspace you have to understand that the GBA maps the ROM to 0x08XXXXXX, the next section would of course be 0x09XXXXXX, to calculate your offset (or pointer vice versa) you need to do something like "pointer - 0x08000000" or "pointer & 0x1FFFFFF" and "offset + 0x08000000" / "offset | 0x08000000" I am guessing bit operations would be a bit faster but i'm not sure. Most coders forget that the GBA does in fact support Roms to be bigger than 16MB.

~SBird
Old April 24th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
You need to invent Wild Pokemon Editor that really works with Expanded Pokemon Table.

POKEMON DIRTY SUN - Comming Soon.
Old April 26th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Chaos_Darkrai

Hmm... I was wondering... for the pokemon editor, it allows us to change the 2 unknown bytes... What DO the unknown bytes actually DO?
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

If you're looking for a good time, or just want to chat, come over to Weloxux and I's channel at:
http://mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit...%23Dragons_Den

Old April 28th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012maniac View Post
Hmm... I was wondering... for the pokemon editor, it allows us to change the 2 unknown bytes... What DO the unknown bytes actually DO?
They're labelled unknown bytes because, well, no one knows what they do. For all we know, they're just unused padding bytes to keep everything aligned.
Old April 29th, 2014, 06:00 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Hi, I just uploaded version 2.4 that brings some few changes such as:
- Slightly better performances
- Possibility to edit 32Mb ROMs or any ROMs that had their size extended.
- Possibility to edit the Contest Data of moves.

The problem is, I derped the Trainers Editor code, it is now not working in v2.4, but the rest of tools work flawlessly. Until I fix this little issue, the OP will have only download links of v2.3.
If you want to profit from v2.4's additions; you can download it from the attachment below and don't report Trainers Editor not working...
Attached Files
File Type: rar G3T 2.4.rar‎ (283.0 KB, 40 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old April 29th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Dragonflye

Nice work. But the Trainer Editor has some Bugs. Start the Emerald Englisch or German thats not important, and see it.

Old April 29th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

G3T supports only English versions.
The Trainers Editor may show an error when opening an Emerald game because the 1st entry in the Trainers table does not have correct data. I think I should re-disable the 1st entry like it was in the previous versions and in most Trainers editing tools out there. :v

Sponsored Links