The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 28th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Kite [Argus]
Onion Tamer

Nature: Lax
So. I always see these threads (mainly when it comes to trading), where they have that perfect pokemon. Amazing IVs, perfect nature, and their baby army is all ready to step out the door.

My question is simple: How?

I mean, natures aren't hard to influence, and I can see having really good IVs when you have destiny knot, and a near perfect parent to draw from.

I'm more looking for the process. How does one get that perfect parent? Is there some step by step equation or is it just mindless mass production of babies?

Right now I'm starting IV training for the first time, and there's so much conflicting information circulating around that I'm about to pop.

Any help would be nice.
Old October 28th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Helios93

Nature: Careful
All you need to do is chain breeding. Any good IV offspring you get, try to breed it with another good one with great IVs too. Use destiny knot for these to work and make sure the pokemon you breed are in the same egg group.

Pokemon Black 2
Gray:3440-4075-3353

3DS FC:4871-3854-5091
Old October 28th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Pacifist
Its a Destiny

Every pokemon from the friend safari always have at least 2 perfect IVs so with chain breeding and de desitny knot its really easy to get perfect IVs
Old October 28th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Kite [Argus]
Onion Tamer

So what you're saying is:

1: Original Pokemon -> <- Ditto
2: Original Pokemon -> <- Best of the first Litter
3: Best of the second litter -> <- Best of the first Litter
ETC. ETC. ETC.

Does it matter which Pokemon is holding the Destiny Knot? (Or if both parents are holding one?)

PS: I didn't know Pokemon endorsed incest, this game is screwed up. :D

All heil Nuptup.

Last edited by Kite [Argus]; October 28th, 2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old October 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Helios93

Nature: Careful
To make the job much more easier, try to use power items along with destiny knot as well. It helps to transfer some of the essential IVs that you need. Yup, it does not matter which parents holds destiny knot.

Pokemon Black 2
Gray:3440-4075-3353

3DS FC:4871-3854-5091
Old October 29th, 2013, 03:09 AM
rivinus

IV Breeding requires the power items, everstone, and the most important: luck and patience. They say it is much easier this gen, I had no idea because I have never bred before, but i am really enjoying it now.

add me up! 2148-8554-6593
steel type : magneton, metang, and klefi (online)
Old October 29th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
It's simple patience, really

combining the pokemon from the friend safari with power items, destiny know, and the everstone makes for pretty easy good pokemon

I just hatched a jolly marvel scale dratini with ivs of 31/31/x/31/31/31

if i did it it can't be too hard

...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Old October 29th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Kite [Argus]
Onion Tamer

Yeah, my main problem with this was that I've been breeding Bronzors, meaning that I cannot replace the ditto with any of the babies, making this way harder than it should be.

The second is that I didn't have any good IVed Ditto to begin with, but I've gotten lucky and found someone with safari, and I'm nearly done the breeding process.

Thanks to all for your help and support.

All heil Nuptup.
Old October 30th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Kaitou
Demonic Archangel

Yeah the Dittos help a lot. I've been catching Dittos and checking their IVs. Best I got was 3 IVs though. I don't think I have patience for more.

Anyway, breeding is a lot easier in this game. For sure! But abilities are a pain. D: I got a few perfect pokemon but with the ability I didn't want. :<

Diamond FC: 3137 2612 0012
White 2 FC: 1249 7037 6136
My Pokemon XY Trade Shop - on hiatus
Old October 30th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Kite [Argus]
Onion Tamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitou View Post
Yeah the Dittos help a lot. I've been catching Dittos and checking their IVs. Best I got was 3 IVs though. I don't think I have patience for more.

Anyway, breeding is a lot easier in this game. For sure! But abilities are a pain. D: I got a few perfect pokemon but with the ability I didn't want. :<
That's a pain, I've only gotten a Ditto with a max of 3 IVs as well, and they can be a pain to catch, so I think I'm good.
I backed out of working on my Bronzor (with HP, Def, and Sp.D) after hatching over 150 eggs. Its probably been my most annoying pokemon to breed because of its inability to mate with other Bronzors.

I normally go for:
Abilities First
Nature Second
Any Egg moves I need Third
IVs Fourth

All heil Nuptup.
Old October 30th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Vienne

Hello. I'm a new IV breeder as well and I'm having a hard time breeding even the first litter bec I don't have the right egg groups (( I don't even have a ditto huhu. Where can I catch a Ditto with perfect IVs? Thank you )

3995 - 6965 - 0729
Old October 30th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Absol
Community Supporter

Catching Dittos with 31 in all their stats is near to impossible as of right now. 3 to 4 31s is the best you can get right now unless you're really lucky. Dittos caught in the Friend Safari are guaranteed to have at least 2 IVs that are 31 which are why they're more valuable.
IV breeding takes a lot of patience but once you get what you wanted it's well worth it. Keep at it and good luck! :)
Old October 30th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Kaitou
Demonic Archangel

That sucks. I definitely don't look forward to breeding in the Mineral egg group...

I've seen a couple Dittos floating around with 4/5 IVs (from trades) but it's definitely not a necessity to get the desired IV spread. But it would be really ideal for, say, that Bronzor there lol.

There isn't a 100% Ability inheritance is there? I'm talking about Hidden Abilities here. Even with the male and female having the HA the chances look like 50% still.

Old October 30th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Absol
Community Supporter

The female has an 80% chance of passing on her ability whether it's Hidden Ability or not. This is why breeding with females with their Hidden Abilities is recommended.
Old October 30th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Kaitou
Demonic Archangel

Ah right! I guess I just wasn't having much luck yesterday. Thanks!

Old October 30th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Males on the other hand pass down the hidden ability what, 30% of the time? It's low, either way. If you haven't got a choice, oh well, but when you do, always breed the female.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old October 30th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Kite [Argus]
Onion Tamer

I thought Hidden ability couldn't be passed down if one of the parents is a Ditto?

All heil Nuptup.
Old October 30th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

In 5th Gen that's true, but in X and Y you can pass on Hidden Abilities with a Ditto.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 06:20 PM
DrMechano

Slowly getting closer to a 6 IV Goomy.

Started with two friend safari Sliggoo with two IVs each (mother with their hidden ability and father with the modest nature I wanted) and slowly been getting there. All I need now is for one female with 5 IVs and I should be close to being set. Annoyingly had quite a few male 5 IV Goomys but I've wonder traded most of the spares away apart from two (one has perfect in HP, Atk, Satk, Sdef and Spd while the other male has perfects in HP, At, Def, Satk and Spd...see what I mean, if one of those buggers had been female would have been the perfect breeding couple).

Edit/Update:
Finally got a female Goomy with both the Gooey ability and 5 perfect IVs in Hp, At, Satk, Sdef and Spd. Now breeding her with one of the above males that has the missing stat (Def). So just down to luck of the draw now really...god knows how long it is going to take to get a perfect Goomy but such is the life of a Pokemon Breed ahey?

Last edited by DrMechano; November 23rd, 2013 at 12:30 AM.
Old December 10th, 2013, 01:56 PM
King Zelos
Blame Your Fate

Nature: Brave
So let me get this striaght!

You get a Ditto with 2-3 IV's. Then you breed that Ditto with the Pokemon of your choice. Afterwards you take away the Ditto and start breeding with the two Pokemon that you made using the aforementioned Ditto, thus giving them more IV's. While you breed with the two Pokemon that now have those IV's you give one a Destiny Knot and the other one a Power item, thus creating the almost perfect Egg. You then rinse and repeat this process until you have your ideal IV's on the hatched Pokemon?

Correct? Or am I missing something? I'm asking mainly because the final step for me is getting the Ditto with 2-3 IV's so that I can start breeding my dream team. Please let me know if I'm missing something or if I'm totally wrong.

Also if you do have a Normal Safari with a Ditto in it, please add my FC, I really need one!

Currently Playing: Pokemon X
Currently Watching: Kill la Kill/Hajime No Ippo
3DS Friend Code: 4914 - 4204 - 3973 (PM Me Once You've Added Me!)
Friend Safari: Normal Type: Aipom, Kecleon, Ditto

Old December 10th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

Using Destiny Knot with a Power Item will not work. Destiny Knot and Everstone together will work though, so it advised to have the parent with the nature you want holding the Everstone and the other parent holding the Destiny Knot. Then there's a lot of luck involved to get the right combination of IVs to be passed on to the offspring.
Old December 10th, 2013, 06:38 PM
King Zelos
Blame Your Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV♥ View Post
Using Destiny Knot with a Power Item will not work. Destiny Knot and Everstone together will work though, so it advised to have the parent with the nature you want holding the Everstone and the other parent holding the Destiny Knot. Then there's a lot of luck involved to get the right combination of IVs to be passed on to the offspring.
O0o0o0o0o0oH. That makes more sense. So all of the other steps are correct?

Old December 10th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

Yes the above is all good, although you can skip a lot of hassle by trading for other Pokemon that already have 3 or more IVs to speed up the process if you wished to. But if starting from scratch, using a Ditto with 2 to 3 IVs and then a Pokemon from the Friend Safari with the nature you want and 2 IVs is the fastest way to go about it. Every Pokemon from the Friend Safari is guaranteed 2 IVs to be 31 so this helps when first starting out and you can use a Pokemon with the Synchronize ability to get the nature you want. But your way works too, and there are many different ways to go about breeding for the perfect Pokemon with no one way being the only way to do it.
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:43 PM
King Zelos
Blame Your Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV♥ View Post
Yes the above is all good, although you can skip a lot of hassle by trading for other Pokemon that already have 3 or more IVs to speed up the process if you wished to. But if starting from scratch, using a Ditto with 2 to 3 IVs and then a Pokemon from the Friend Safari with the nature you want and 2 IVs is the fastest way to go about it. Every Pokemon from the Friend Safari is guaranteed 2 IVs to be 31 so this helps when first starting out and you can use a Pokemon with the Synchronize ability to get the nature you want. But your way works too, and there are many different ways to go about breeding for the perfect Pokemon with no one way being the only way to do it.
Fantastic! Thanks for the help. Than my final step is getting a FC that has a Normal Safari with Ditto, which I haven't gotten yet Q_Q

Old December 12th, 2013, 06:57 AM
RingoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite [Argus] View Post
That's a pain, I've only gotten a Ditto with a max of 3 IVs as well, and they can be a pain to catch, so I think I'm good.
I backed out of working on my Bronzor (with HP, Def, and Sp.D) after hatching over 150 eggs. Its probably been my most annoying pokemon to breed because of its inability to mate with other Bronzors.
It can be done, but like you said it is a pain. You need a little luck, and more than one Ditto, and of course Destiny Knott. You should be starting off with a Bronzong and Ditto both from Friend Safari, so hence both have two perfect IV's. I'ld be willing to tackle this for you if I had a Steel safari with Brozong in it to start from. I think this should be possible on much fewer eggs than you went through so far.

Anything genderless is going to be a bit more time consuming than anything with a gender. I have a male Pancham with five perfect IV's for breeding both in the field and human like groups. When you are chain breeding you really only should be using Ditto on the first generation, after that remove Ditto from the equation, and use the offspring to breed from. Each successive generation should have better and better IV's.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links