Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page [Other] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (OOC/SU)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old November 5th, 2013 (04:40 PM).
黒竜 影

Well with so many antisocial kids mayabe this will be the best oportunity to have them open up with others that have similar social issues =P

As Crystal is concerned, if you are nice to her she will be somewhat nice to you untill she gets to know you better =P then she will either stick a rock in your eye or be a good friend
Old November 5th, 2013 (04:43 PM).
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
I should mention that part of Zane's SU has been omitted to help maintain some secrets, and part of his personality would have inadvertently revealed these secrets. So the distant part is sort of like stage two of a multilevel personality. More will be revealed as the RP goes on.

If you think about it, it would make sense. People who have either grown up in hiding or just recently discovered they are very different than normal would probably have social stigmas attached to them, which more than likely would hamper their ability to be social.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old November 5th, 2013 (04:45 PM).

I would've thought there would've been more people on the other side of the spectrum, like those who lashed out after some social things, but it does make some sense.
Old November 5th, 2013 (04:49 PM).
King of the Hell

Quote originally posted by Colony:
I should mention that part of Zane's SU has been omitted to help maintain some secrets, and part of his personality would have inadvertently revealed these secrets. So the distant part is sort of like stage two of a multilevel personality. More will be revealed as the RP goes on.

If you think about it, it would make sense. People who have either grown up in hiding or just recently discovered they are very different than normal would probably have social stigmas attached to them, which more than likely would hamper their ability to be social.
I think it's actually the other way around for Michael. Events in his life made him so timid and quiet, yet his abilities are probably one of the only things that gave him a tiny bit of confidence (That and Tai Chi)

Michael's sign-up omits a lot of details too, but that just makes it more fun for interaction!
Old November 5th, 2013 (05:02 PM).
SOLDIER 1st Class
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
Definitely looking forward to interact with you guys even though Nathan is cold. All the SUs look good!

"
How about one date?"
~Zack Fair,
Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII
Old November 5th, 2013 (05:05 PM).

Yeah. Aris was always on the popular side of the spectrum, so she was always surrounded by people and just doesn't talk because her attention tends to wander and observing allows her mind to jump freely.
Old November 5th, 2013 (05:32 PM).
King of the Hell

I'm curious as to how interaction with others will work for Michael.

Mainly because he's not going to be looking for people to talk to. I'd love to see a synopsis of the characters.
Old November 6th, 2013 (12:04 AM).
Eloquent Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Indigo's going to have a field day with all of these antisocial people. XD While he is very arrogant and proud... I must also point out that aside from that he's actually a pretty nice guy. Friendly as all hell really, all of these people having trouble opening up is going to drive him mad.

Also I'd just like to confirm my also having interest in Shion and Indigo pairing up for the sparring contest. While I'm not yet sure exactly how this battle will turn out, it is almost certain to be interesting, trust me. ^-^'
Old November 6th, 2013 (09:11 AM).
King of the Hell

I have a question, before we jump into IC.

Are our characters heading to the Institute at the beginning of the RP, or will there be students who've been there for at least a year, or students who've arrived before the schooling year has begun?

I was thinking of having Michael already living in his dorm for about a week or so (pre-IC) being taken care of as far as food and drink and residence (he definitely does not come from wealth).
Old November 6th, 2013 (01:29 PM).
Not just an Eevee

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Veevee
DONE!

Spoiler:
Name: Nicholas Whinndi Skye

Nickname: Nick

Element: Air

Spells:

·Heavy Winds
By using this spell, Nicholas can whip up a strong wind from behind him. It is so strong, that anyone that stands in front of him would be blown back a considerable distance.
·Whirlwind Flats
Exactly 5 feet in front of Nicholas, a (somehow flat) whirlwind will form. It will continue to grow until someone gets caught in it. Once again, it is strong enough that it will spin the victim. After a good 15 seconds of spinning, it will fling them into the air, leaving them dizzy and hurt.
·Levitate
Self-explanatory.

Appearance:[b](

The sky blue hair is the result of him being an Air Macer or whatever you call it, just going to give that answer now.

Personality: Nicholas is a kind but impatient boy. He is also slightly mischievous. He has slightly above average intelligence and maintained a B+ average in grade school. When he has free time, Nicholas normally spends it either practicing magic or his guitar. He tries to make friends with new people, but it occasionally fails because he can be demanding sometimes.

Nicholas is quick to learn things, but will often forget them, as he sort of has a short-term memory, though some things he doesn't forget. He has a passion for music, especially the guitar (not electric, a regular guitar) as hinted in the above paragraph. Being an Airmacer, he is obviously not scared of heights, so he will go on ANY roller coaster, regardless of height.

Nicholas believes staying fit is extremely important, so he exercises very often, at least daily. One of the main ways he does this is sports. He is constantly playing basketball and football with his friends. Because of this, he has a lot of energy and doesn't give in from being too tired easily. To sum things up, he has high stamina and endurance.

Recapping this section, Nicholas is normally kind but mischievous, sometimes demanding, intelligent but sometimes forgetful, a lover of music, athletic, and persistent.

History: Nicholas lived a pretty normal childhood, as his parrents wanted to keep magic a secret from him until he was 12. From what his parents told him, his blue hair didn't mean anything (though he had his suspicions from time to time) and his parents were meteorologists.

When he started elementary school, he was bullied constantly by the older kids because of his weird hair. They classified him as "a freak", but the kids in his age group thought it was cool. That relieved him a little.

At age 8, he got interested in music. Nicholas had a dream of becoming a famous singer. It helped him forget about all the bullying he went through. Soon after that, he saved up his money and bought a guitar, which became a hobby.

He escaped the bullying in middle schole by pretending his hair was dyed. This worked, and he was able to concntrate better (he could never get his mind off all the bullies), raising him from a B- average to a B+ average.

When he was 12, (just as they planned) his parents decided to spill the beans. They revealed everything. Nicholas learned that he was an Air Macer, this was the cause of his blue hair, and that his parents weren't really meteorologists. They just knew a lot of weather-related spells. Like any child would be, Nicholas was sceptical at first. But his dad gave him a truckload of training.

Nicholas was still sceptical until he actually did it. He almost fainted from suprise when he found out he could levitate. Then he discovered there was a secret combat and training arena in his basement.

After 2 months, Nicholas had accomplished 2 spells; Whirlwind Flats and Levitate. But he couldn't seem to learn any more, even the ones that his father could perform extremely easily.

Another 2 years passed, and he could only accomplish 1 new spell; Heavy Winds. His father decided to enroll him in Vale Institute of Higher Learning to help him improve.

Two weeks later, he got a letter saying he was accepted. Nicholas's main goal is to begin learning new spells, he was 13 when he learned Heavy Winds. He hopes that this school will allow him to continue progressing.

Code: Challenge me!!!

Other: Nothing yet.

Proud lover of Eevees
Old November 6th, 2013 (02:23 PM).
It's About Dominating!

ChucklesLucifer you are accepted! I'm just going to ignore the fireball thing, seeing how we already discussed that it wouldn't make sense as a constant spell.

@DuskLunacy: For the sake of story the students are just now arriving at Vale. It helps with the narrative I am setting up for Kristen Vale, which is that she just inherited the position of headmaster from her father. I don't want to spoil too much so I'm gonna leave it at that regarding her. Also, if you wish to have Michael sit out from the evaluation process I would like it if you discussed with me some form of repercussion. The evaluation process is meant to be an event to help the teachers know what each student can do, what they can do better, and how dangerous they are to others and themselves. So, naturally skipping this would require either a compromise or some other outcome that the headmaster would otherwise frown upon.

In light of how popular Vale seems to be getting (I never would have thought it would fill up in a week), I have decided that I will open up more slots for players, thus extending the total from twelve/12 to sixteen/16. So, I would like to take the time to say: GoldenRayquaza, you are accepted!

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old November 6th, 2013 (03:42 PM).

Yayyy! I'm super pumped to start RPing.
Old November 6th, 2013 (04:02 PM).
SOLDIER 1st Class
Silver Tier

Can't wait for the IC to go up!
Question : will each element have its own class? Like the fire class, etc...?

"
How about one date?"
~Zack Fair,
Old November 6th, 2013 (04:20 PM).
It's About Dominating!

Well, I'm putting the finishing touches on IC post. It'll have some changes and give a base outline of day one activities. In regards to classes, yes and no. Each element will be taught, but it'll be taught to everyone even those who don't use that element. For people who don't use that element they can use it to get a better understanding of it and if they want their character to learn it this the place that will spark the learning process. For characters that do know the element that is being taught, it'll serve as a conductor to help them learn more ways to use their magic. Maybe the teacher lists a creative way to use fire or gives a better understanding of what the limits are to earth magic. Things of that nature. That's also why sparring is promoted, so players can use the stuff mentioned in class to boost their character's abilities. Granted, the change won't be night and day, but it allows proper character development on a daily basis.

Old November 6th, 2013 (04:26 PM).

I'm mainly curious as to how the character relationships will turn out. Who will be friends, who will be enemies, who will be love interests, etc. That's probably my favorite part of RPs.
Old November 6th, 2013 (04:30 PM).
It's About Dominating!

Believe me, character relationships are going to be very important. That was something I really wanted to make a driving force in the RP, which is also another the reason it is set up the way it is. :D So it'll be very interesting to see things play out.

Old November 6th, 2013 (04:34 PM).

Aren't character relationships always really important in RPs? It's just, the big thing is, you can never predict how they're going to turn out before you actually start RPing, and even then it's a little bit dicey.
Old November 6th, 2013 (04:47 PM).
黒竜 影

This is going to be really fun and i liek that elements are taught to everyone cause that gives the choice to understand aplications for other elements and maybem if your char doesnt want to learn them, find ways for your own element to block or counter said element.

This RP will really put our imagination on ways to play with magic to full gear.
Old November 6th, 2013 (04:51 PM).
Hey, do you want to wreak havoc with me?

Send a message via Skype™ to Songbird
Quote originally posted by Ziposaki:
Aren't character relationships always really important in RPs? It's just, the big thing is, you can never predict how they're going to turn out before you actually start RPing, and even then it's a little bit dicey.
I can. I'll do some predictioning now*.

"My superpower... is glowing" × Latifa
Unloved Child × Abandoned Child
Stripper (it's in the name) × Gassy (Also known as Eats Much Fiber in Navajo.)
Mary × Medieval Ninja
Taco Bell × How's Metal Head sound?

Too many guys, so most of them are gay in this predictionation. This doesn't count as-of-yet unaccepted characters, either.

*This predictioning is not guaranteed to be correct.
Old November 6th, 2013 (04:58 PM).
SOLDIER 1st Class
Silver Tier

I don't think Nathan will be gay. Most likely single as training will be on his mind 24/7.

"
How about one date?"
~Zack Fair,
Old November 6th, 2013 (05:11 PM).
King of the Hell

So in other words, this RP is a huuuuuuuuuge sausage-fest.

I'm trying not to make so many female characters, but of course this is the turnout for the RP I make a male one in.
Old November 6th, 2013 (05:15 PM).

It's gonna be so great if one of them actually came true. And Aris might be considering it, as her powers did surface due to a not-confession.

EDIT: Also, please note how two of the guys are womanizing. Yup.
Old November 6th, 2013 (05:15 PM).
It's About Dominating!

I don't think that's the best way to look at it. A better way is that it's a breeding ground for reverse harems. Disregard that... But I'm with JNathan on the won't be gay thing. I did, however, think it was very funny to see some of the alternate names.

@Ziposaki: I suppose your right about that. They are usually important to the Roleplay’s survivability, but the unpredictability is actual one of the things that I plan on using as a type of literary device. So, it’ll be critical in many facets of the story, and if everything goes well this’ll be an RP that uses characters to drive the story more so than some pre-constructed plot (which as you mentioned can become dicey before the RP even starts). I guess the best way to describe it would be “guided sandbox experience.” Though, that’s a fair ways off, and I would really like for everyone to get a bit of development in before any really significant plot introductions (maybe 1 or 2 IC days).

After seeing the advancements of Khawill's character, I have gone ahead and included Kayla Wash in the random drawings (mostly because Michael and Flit are unable to participate for various reasons). I also went ahead and did the random drawing (excluding Shion vs Indigo) so everyone could go ahead and start thinking up ideas for how they could handle the matches. The results are:

Match #1: Jason Barrett vs Crystal Nightwish
Match #2: Shion Igna vs Indigo Rogers
Match #3: Maristella Reilly vs Nicholas Skye
Match #4: Nathan Steele vs Kayla Wash

These matches should be very interesting, and if for some reason Khawill is unable to participate then Nathan Steele will have to face a teacher (oh, the humanity).

Old November 6th, 2013 (05:25 PM).

Hmmmm. Nicholas would definitely have the advantage, as Aris hasn't used her powers at all really.
Old November 6th, 2013 (05:27 PM).
SOLDIER 1st Class
Silver Tier

Just wondering, we obviously don't have enough mastery to make a good fight with plenty of spells so will it be physical too?

"
How about one date?"
~Zack Fair,
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)