The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 2nd, 2013, 03:33 PM
Pixelrushe
New Game+

Nature: Naive
Can I reserve a spot with Bronzor please? And it would be great if you could send me that info on the professor as well. ^^
Old November 2nd, 2013, 04:03 PM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Name: Yukari Shimazaki

Preferred Starter Pokémon: Misdreavus

Appearance:
Standing at barely 4'11, Yukari looks a lot like a child, despite her age. She looks nothing like an adventurer. She has a slender physique and soft, fair skin. She loves wearing her hair down and letting the wind play in her cinnamon-coloured curls. Her big, green eyes are forever curiously scouting the surroundings in search of anything that could make her smile, such as a nice flower bed in front of one's house or children playing cheerfully.

She can usually be seen wearing colourful outfits, usually consisting of a loose, wavy shirt and a skirt or shorts. She ocasionally wears colourful dresses too, but only on special ocasions.For this trip, she chose to wear a pair of black hiking pants, matched with a pair of black hiking boots with purple accents, a white shirt on which she painted some purple flowers and a purple hiking jacket. She matched her outfit with a colourful hiking backpack that she tied purple ribbons on. Resting on her hips, she wears a lavander-coloured belt on which she hangs her Pokéballs and keeps small things that she thinks she might lose.

Roleplay Sample:
Yukari tightened her grip on her phone as she once again ran her eyes over the phone number written on the piece of paper in front of her.
"Dr. Hazel Jacobi" she read out loud, her voice trembling. She had heard about the journey to Apollo and she wanted to go too. "I got nothing to lose." she thought as she was writing down the phone number she heard on the radio. She really did not have anything to lose. She had no family, no friends. She was all alone. "All the more reason to go." she kept thinking while on her way home. But she was scared. She refused to admit it, but it was obvious from her body language and her trembling voice.

The girl sat down at her desk and placed the phone on the table. She reached out for the piece of paper, crumpled it and threw it towards the trash can. The crumpled piece of paper fell on the floor. Yukari sighed and got up. She reached out for the piece of paper again and went towards the bin. She extended her hand, but her fingers just wouldn't let go of the paper. She sighed and sat back down at her desk, straightened the piece of paper and started pressing the digits on her phone.

"This is it." she thought as she hit the "Dial" key. The ringing seemed endless, despite it lasting only for a mere 5 seconds.

"Hello?" a warm voice could be heard. "You've reached Dr. Hazel Jacobi, how may I help you?"

"Uhm..." Yukari said then bit her lip as she lowered her eyes before going on in a faint voice. "Your journey to Apollo...." she muttered,"I want to go too!" she said almost without breathing.

The woman on the other end chuckled softly. "Oh, don't worry, dear, I won't bite" she said in a warm, soothing voice. "Now, what did you say your name was?"

"Shimazaki... Shimazaki Yukari!" the girl almost yelled in the speaker as her heart started pounding and her cheeks turned rosy. "Please, let me go on that journey!" she pleaded with the lady on the other end.

"Are you sure about this?" Dr. Hazel asked, lingering over the word "sure" for a mere second. "This journey won't be an easy one." she went on as if she was trying to discourage the scared girl on the other end.

"Yes, yes, I'm sure!" the girl said almost desperately.

"Alright, alright, dear" , the woman said and chuckled again. "You seem really eager to do this so, I guess you'll go." she went on.

Yukari let out a soft sigh of relief.

"Now, come by my Lab one of these days. I'll let you in on every detail then." the woman said. "Now, do you know where the Lab is?" she asked worriedly.

"Uhm... not really" the girl said in a whiny voice then began writing down the address as her eyes started gleaming with hope and her lips softly curved into a smile.

"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!" she said excitedly before hanging up the phone and grabbing her Mismagius Pokédoll for one of their victory dances.

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."

Last edited by Orianna; November 13th, 2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 05:40 PM
Ewery1
Buizels FTW!

Nature: Jolly
Name: Timothy Stern (Tim)

Preferred Starter Pokémon: Darumaka

Appearance: Timothy is a man about 5 feet 8 inches. He is a semi-skinny caucasian person generally wearing a greenish light jacket and green pants, as a form of camouflage. It does not have the normal camouflage pattern, and is a disadvantage if he is in a desert, because he will stick out. His hair is a bright blond which harshly contrasts with his normal clothing. If in the wild he will wear a green cap which covers his hair. He does this so that he will not attract attention from aggressive wild Pokemon. His eyes are brown, they go perfectly with his clothing he treasures so much. His face's features are very sharp. His nose is very defined, outlined by his always furrowed eyebrows as he assesses his situation. His mouth is a shallow red color, not a bright pink though. He has a dark scar shadowing his right cheek which was caused by an angry Sableye's Shadow Claw. He has other different signs of wear and tear all over his body, scars such as on his back and his chin. His chin is not as defined as the other features on his face, and dips softly into his neck.

His left pinky, second knuckle forwards, went- missing... In an accident on Mount Coronet in Sinnoh a rock slide happened, trapping Timothy's hand. He was forced to cut off his finger after thirty minutes of immense pain. His pinky was the only part caught. Also on his hands and feet he has callouses, formed from the trails of being an explorer.

Roleplay Sample:
Tim squinted at the Tauros in front of him. His hiding place in the bush was perfect. His green clothes blended in perfectly. He had to get inside of the bush past him. However, it was mating season for Tauros, and this one was a very aggressive male. Had just demonstrated that on another Tauros, it was completely ruined. The female stood behind the male, it looked rather excited, fueled by the energy of the previous battle. Now was the moment of truth. The two Tauroses were nuzzling, and Tim slowly crept forwards, along the tree line. The next bush was only a few feet away-
Tim's phone stared to ring. Crap. Why did he keep his phone in his pocket? The forest suddenly went completely silent except for the sound of his phone. He closed his eyes tightly, and pulled out his phone slowly. Opening his eyes, he saw the two Tauroses staring at him. The male one snorted out air violently.

Tim slowly raised the phone to his eye level, trying not to move too quickly, for fear of getting a Tauros horn in his chest. The number read, "HAZEL". Tim groaned softly, "Why now Hazel? Why now?" He clicked the answer button softly, and stared to back up slowly. He raised the phone to his ear and was greeted with, "Hello?" Tim didn't answer. "Tim? You there? TIM!" the sound penetrated the silence loudly and Timothy cringed. The Tauros snapped and rushed at Tim in a full on Take Down. Timothy's eyes widened and he turned on his heels running right into the underbrush. It wasn't thick enough to keep out the Tauros, and it just mowed over most plants. Tim hopped over a mossy log and yelled into the phone, "Why now Hazel? Why in the worst ti-"
"There you are Tim! Nice to hear your voice." Tim looked behind him and saw the Tauros not far enough away. Why did he turn around while running? Not smart. Looking forwards again, he ran into a tree, but shook his head, recovering quickly.

"I'm being chased by a Tauros. Make it quick."
"Oh how fun..." Her voice stopped shortly sounding a little misty and nostalgic, "Anyways, you heard of Apollo?"
"Yes." Who hadn't? Being chased by a Tauros didn't make a difference. Tim could hear the Tauros gaining rather quickly. THe forest was getting denser quickly, but Tim's advantage of being able to maneuver the forest didn't make a difference.
"Well, I've decided to ask you to go out and find the 'great treasure' of Apollo which Arden Stone talked about."

Tim's mind was whizzing with so many things. Adrenaline, however, took over. He couldn't run from this Tauros much longer, so he made a spilt decision. Tim pocketed his still on a call phone, a grabbed a vine above him. The vine halted him as he used it as a climbing rope. He had had no time to test its strength, but thankfully it held. Hand over hand he used many years of practice and fully formed calluses to his advantage. Just below him, the Tauros skidded to a stop. It grunted and stood below.

Tim perched himself on a branch and pulled out his phone again, using a branch above him as support. "I'm safe now, in a tree."
"So have you considered my offer?" Tim had completely forgot in the few s second of the mad rush he had, his survival instincts in full dive. Apollo.
"Of course I'll go. When have I ever been known to turn down an adventure?"
"That's why I called you."
"One problem. All of my Pokemon are in Unova aiding a research team. They won't be back for a while..." Tim's thought wandered to Sticks, his beloved Sudowoodo.
"I'll provide supplies and a Pokemon of course. Also if you successfully find it, I'll spilt the loot with you." Tim sighed. It kept getting better and better. She continued, "I have hired others as well."
"Others."
"Yes, just in case." Tim mentally made a note. He only worked alone. He would have to spilt up. Tim stared down at the Tauros below him. after the long pause, Hazel interjected, "Meet me at the port in Vermillion in exactly one week's time."
"Well do. Soon as this Tauros leaves."
"Bye Tim."
"Bye." After Hazel hung up there was a sudden silence. Tim stared down at the Tauros. Now the waiting game began.

Get your own one here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307712

Last edited by Ewery1; November 3rd, 2013 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Fixed the spacing
Old November 3rd, 2013, 04:58 AM
Skymin
the Knight

Nature: Quirky
Wee thanks guys! I was at work today so i read them but I couldn't reply since it would take 400 years d:

yay!! ewery and kagami are both accepted!

i would like to say that kagami you could have been a little more creative (since it wasnt really my idea that dr jacobi would give it to anyone who asks) and much like golden rayquaza, spacing could have been nicer but these are things we can learn as we toddle on our adventures!!! :)
And ewery, your spacing too... or perhaps my spacing is wrong and everyone else at the moment seems right??? haha.

i'll post up my own character hopefully tomorrow before work! <:

oh and pixelrushe, i reserved that for you!
Old November 3rd, 2013, 05:45 AM
Ewery1
Buizels FTW!

Yah, you are right, when I was typing it, it looked like the spaces were regular, I guess I should preview before I post next time, thanks! So excited!

P.S. How many people will join until the IC is posted?

Last edited by Ewery1; November 3rd, 2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 06:02 AM
Drifloon
back from the dead~

Nature: Sassy
Can I also have the information you've shared with the others? :3
Old November 3rd, 2013, 08:19 AM
adventure
trust your doctor

I'd appreciate a PM on his personality too, thanks :3

Raw skeleton of a SU~
Name:
Martigan Martinko (male)
Preferred Starter Pokémon:
Bonsly
Appearance:
Thin, lanky, with curly gray hair put up with a headband and gray eyes, a face that looks mischievous or mean somehow, dresses in black jeans and purple hooded jacket with white lines along the seams, white t-shirt underneath.
Roleplay Sample:
Old November 3rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewery1 View Post
P.S. How many people will join until the IC is posted?
until i feel like its enough i spose haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
Can I also have the information you've shared with the others? :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure View Post
I'd appreciate a PM on his personality too, thanks :3
sent! also, dr. jacobi is a lady d:
Old November 3rd, 2013, 02:54 PM
Ewery1
Buizels FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
And ewery, your spacing too... or perhaps my spacing is wrong and everyone else at the moment seems right??? haha.
I fixed it for presentation's sake

Old November 3rd, 2013, 03:52 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewery1 View Post
I fixed it for presentation's sake :P
Nice! But my issue also lied with the lack of 'new speaker new line' rule for a little bit and how all the speech part is all clumped together. you dont need to fix it, just keep it in mind so we can all improve together <3
Old November 3rd, 2013, 05:44 PM
Ewery1
Buizels FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Nice! But my issue also lied with the lack of 'new speaker new line' rule for a little bit and how all the speech part is all clumped together. you dont need to fix it, just keep it in mind so we can all improve together <3
? I thought I had it. If there are any specific spots you noticed then please tell me. THanks!

Old November 3rd, 2013, 10:33 PM
Kranic
What did you say about my hair

Name: Anise Briar
Preferred Starter Pokémon: Swablu
Appearance:
Anise clearly a young teenager: she’s a tad bit short; baby faced, fair skinned, with innocent round eyes, angelic white hair, and a childish smile that is always found on her face. People tend to be quick to associate her appearance with that of an angel. Anise stands at 5’4, standing a few inches below the boys her age. She has a slender figure that’s working its way to a womanly curve. Straight strands of lavender hairs falls down to her neck, unevenly cut and fairly messy, it adds to her childish appearance. Her face is round and abstained from blemishes, her eyes are an unexpected a dark brown, ultimately going against her otherwise clichéd angelic features she had going for her.

Regarding clothing, Anise is rather fond of yellows and greens, though she is otherwise disinterested in meeting fashion norms. Her average outfit involves an orange top and a white bottom, and an orange pair of boots which usually devolved into her orange coat, a white pair of sweatpants, and of course her good ol’ booties. On her departure to Apollo, Anise made sure to bring along a green bag, green beanie, and a pair of goggles she is rather fond of.

Roleplay Sample:

Spoiler:
It was just another day in Goldenrod city.

A fifteen year old girl moved along a row of plants, watering them one by one as she moved along. This was her daily activity and the one job she was given as a lady of the flower shop. She happily moved along the plants in the store before returning to the front desk.

“…Petunia, Lavender, Jasmine, Goldenrod, Mint, Poppy, Lemonbalm, Leppa, Aspear, Iris, Marigold, Shuca, Lum, Azalea, Camellia, Violet, Orchid, and finally Anise.”

With those words, the girl moved onto the last flower of her name sake. She smiled poring the remaining water from her petal to the plants pot. Setting it aside, she went to the front desk.

“Alright mom, I’m going to go and visit Mr. Radburn!”

“Have fun dear.”

In a moment the girl arrived at her destination, a small building near the local game corner. Entering casually, the girl smiled on seeing a man seated in front of a small table.

“Hey again!” She yelled out, walking over to the man.

“Welcome Anise, here to play Voltorb Flip again?”

“Of course.”

The man smiled at his seat and pressed a button on the table. Flipping over a segment in the center of the table, a display revealed itself in its place. The familiar card game began. Anise herself was fairly talented at this game, getting much higher scores than the average person her age. She silently worked her way through the puzzle while the old man watched, occasionally giving a few words of advice. This continued on for a while before the man decided to begin an actual conversation.

“Say Anise, have you ever heard about the land of Apollo?”

“I’ve heard tidbits about it, but I haven’t really been paying too much attention to it, what about it Mister Radburn?”

“Oh, the place just has some interesting history behind it, do you want to hear about it?”

“Sure whynot?”

Taking a moment away from the game, Anise decided to listen to her old friend.

“The land was discovered by the famed Dr. Arden Stone, I’m not too sure if you know about him, but he was almost a Professor Oak back in the day. Anyways, the man had disappeared for nearly thirty years before releasing the information on the region. On his deathbed he sent out a message to the world revealing that he had been at Apollo for the entirety of the time and a lot of information on the land itself. He then told the world about the location of Apollo and a grand treasure that the region hides. This reveal sparked a huge interest in Apollo most of which you’ve probably already heard about. Trainers and researched flocked to the idea in hopes of finding fame, unfortunately, since the huge reveal, it seems like nobody has managed to find the treasure that Dr. Stone spoke of.
In fact, I was actually recently asked by an old friend to try and search for the treasure myself, but honestly, I’m much too old for that myself, I’d much rather just sit here and play Voltorb Flip with the occasional traveler. I think a young person like you would be much better suited for the job, don’t you agree Anise?”

“Yeah from the sounds of it, this seems like a really great opportunity for a young start up to get a name for themselves.”

“Wonderful, what do you think about going to Apollo then? You’re young and I believe you have what it takes to be a great adventurer.”

“Woah! That’s a lot to ask don’t you think? I mean I’m not even a trainer or anything!”

“I just think this would be a good opportunity for you. You’ve been saying you want to be a trainer for a while and I really feel this would be a good chance for you to start up on that path. It’s not really something many people get a chance to do, you know. Besides, I know you Anise and from all the people I’ve met in my life, I honestly believe you have what it takes to find that treasure.”
Anise remains a little quiet to the complement. She’s usually very weary of complements because of the baggage that usually comes with nice words, but Mr. Radburn is one of the very few people she trusts enough to overstep that defensive mechanism. She contemplates his words for a second before responding.

“I guess I’ll do it then, I know I can trust you Mr. Radburn.”

“Good, I’ve already told your mother about the arrangement. We agreed to let you make the decision before saying anything though. Let me tell you about my old friend I mentioned earlier. Her name is Dr. Hazel Jacobi, she’s a bit of a famed explorer who has been recruiting people to try and find that treasure. You should call her this afternoon when you get a chance. Here’s her number.”

Discreetly, the old man moved a small piece of paper to Anise.

“Now then, let’s finish up this game.”

“Right.”

Anise smiled while redirecting her attention to the screen in front of her. Some time went by and ultimately Anise lost, losing her concentration during the whole conversation and thoughts of the future she just decided to follow.

“Alright Mr. Radburn, I’m going to head out, thank you so much for everything again!”

“It’s no problem Anise, you’re welcome anytime.”

With their usual goodbye, Anise departed from the building. On exciting the girl pulled out her pokegear to contact her new employer.

“Hello is this Dr. Jacobi?”

“Yes is it, who might this be?”

“Anise Briar, I’m a friend of Sal Radburn.”

“Ah Anise, so you’re going to act in Sal’s place correct?”

“Yes that’s it.”

“Good, good. You know ol’ Sal has told me a lot about you. I know you’re very clear and quick on your feet, resourceful if you will and from what Radburn says, fairly charismatic. You also have quite the problem when it comes to trusting people. He also told me a story about a little girl and a Houndour, but I don’t think we need to go over that.”

Anise grew a little sick at the mention of that specific event. It was something she would hope would never happen again.

“Let’s not go there.”

“Yeah that was a bit unnecessary on my part, regardless, from what Sal says about you I think you’d make for a good explorer, if not a good trainer. His word is pretty trustworthy. I just have one question miss: Why do you want to go on this trip? Is it for the treasure, the fame, did you make a promise to Sal, what is it?”

Anise was a little quiet before responding.

“You know, I haven’t really had time to think about.”

Anise let out a little bit of a laugh before continuing.

“I guess I want to do this to be able to become a stronger person. You already know the story about the man and the houndour, but ultimately I don’t want anything like that to every happen again. . .
I want to – I want to be able to become a person no-one can ever doubt. Someone who can stand on their own feet and do whatever they want without question. I want to be a strong person and this journey, no, Apollo, gives me that opportunity.”

“Impressive answer, though honestly, I didn’t really care what your answer was going to be. Like I said before I trust Sal’s word when it comes to his understanding of people. Even if you said something silly like I don’t know, I just want a ton of money, I’m sure going on this adventure would make you to a much better person. You see, I like seeing young people grow, so who am I to take away opportunity from someone?

I’ll be sending the information for your travel arrangement to you, so you better start packing. Oh and don’t worry about pokemon, I’ll be sending you one along with some other things.

Before I go, let me just warn you be careful, I know you have been working with your ways when it comes to dealing with people and probably had a lot of success too, but some of the people in Apollo are rather experienced trainers and they see you as their competition and they will definitely see and take advantage of your inexperience. They’re nothing like the people you know in Goldenrod, so be mindful and play your cards carefully alright.”

With those last words Dr. Jacobi hung up, forever changing Anise’s life.
Old November 4th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Skymin
the Knight

haha very cute roleplay sample! d: nice!!! you're accepted! :)
Old November 6th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Skymin
the Knight

I'll post my own character!!
Name: Benjamin Whistler
Preferred Starter Pokémon: Spearow

Appearance: Benjamin is tall, lanky and extremely nerdy-like, armed with a pair of black, thick-rimmed glasses and a stutter. His hair is a nice brown, pushed upwards with a combination of his own oils in his hair and a dab of wax. His eyes are also brown, making him feel a little boring, especially with the dullness of his glasses. His complexion is fairly good, the odd pimple coming through every so often, but not often enough to be called a pizza face. His skin is naturally olive so he never has to worry about a tan (not that he gets outside enough to have one anyway). He has a few visible moles; one under his left eye (usually hidden by his frames) and one under his chin. You could say that Benjamin doesn't look any older than 25 (but you'd probably aim for a younger guess).

His clothes during the weekends are as lazy as he is; t-shirts, hoodies, jeans, volleys; cheap clothes that work like clothes do. No piercings, no jewellery, no visible tattoos (he does have ONE from an accidental drunken accident; a star which sits just below the neck of his t-shirt) and no weird quirks like broken teeth (he had braces to make sure they were never obviously crooked). During his work week though, Benjamin switches to collared polo shirts and business shirts. Maybe a tie. Shined shoes, tight belt, pressed pants; Benjamin likes to look his best in the eyes of his co-workers and boss. His hair usually stays the same 99% of the time, perhaps combed with a little more enthusiasm (the only other time it looks different is when he sleeps).

Roleplay Sample
Spoiler:
'... because of the witness' heavy involvement in the case, his statement was withdrawn and the defendant was released this afternoon. Meanwhile, his Houndoom, nicknamed 'Skulls', remains in custody after he tried to escape. Fortunately, Law Enforcement's Growlithe Squad...'

"What are you doing, Whistler?"

Benjamin quickly whipped his head around, like he did when he heard his name. He went by a few names around here; Ben, Benny, Benji, Benny-Boy, Ben the Man (with an attempt at rhyming), Butt-face... the list went on. And on. Benjamin never paid much attention to it. He wasn't sure if it was a sign of friendship or it was degrading. Either way, at least someone was paying attention to him.

"Wr-writing an article." Benjamin looked at his computer then back to Gregory Dawson. Though, everybody called him Greg. When he didn't interrupt or respond, Benjamin tried to explain himself with hand gestures. "For the Skulls case. Y'know, th-the robber with the Houndoom."

"I know what you're talking about. But, what are you doing?" The emphasis on the what made Benjamin confused. Didn't he just say?

"Writing the, the p--"

"Whistler," Gregory slapped a hand on the desk, "do you understand what I'm saying?"

"No sir, no sir." Benjamin shook his head violently.

"Why are you letting the editor boss you around?" Benjamin didn't stutter back a reply, instead furrowed his brow, trying his best to look confused. Gregory gave up almost instantly.

"Ugh, don't worry." Gregory threw his hands in the air and started to walk off. "You know, you could write the entire paper if everyone asked you to write their articles too. Do you even get paid?"

"Benny-Boy!" The editor interrupted before Benjamin could answer, booming across the cubicles, his arms spread like he was expecting a hug and a cigar firmly gripped in his teeth. He was a fat man, no one could deny it. He was also very smelly, very lazy and sometimes, acted like he was very rich. He might have been, but he certainly didn't dress like it. "Benjamin Whistler, just the boy who I want to see."

"Good luck." Gregory skulked off, slapping Benjamin quite hard on the back. He fell forward, his face hittng the keyboard.

'...he tried to escape. Fortunately, Law Enforcement's Growlithe Squad quickly aprehended the subject anskfnsdkfsldkfdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa eeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aa
a'!@$@@@

"You right, Benny?" The editor also slapped Benjamin on the back but thanks to the last attack, he was a little more prepared.

"Yes sir, yes sir. F-fine sir." Benjamin pushed his glasses back up his nose and looked up at the ugly face of his editor. The cigar wasn't even lit, the editor was just sucking on it.

"Good! Good boy," The editor grinned, pulling the cigar out of his mouth. "Now, Benny, listen, how long have you been working here?"

"Uh," it had been two years, three months and six days. He hadn't been counting, he had just done the math. That's all, "ab-about two years, s-sir."

"And in all of that time," the editor's voice was unusually loud, like he was annoucing something to the entire team. Nobody really bothered to listen; it wasn't unnatural for the editor to try and pull everyone's attention away from whatever they were doing. Benjamin had seen it as well, only last week had he almost shouted that Joseph was getting a payrise for the great front-page article he had written. Benjamin wasn't sure whether he was boasting or trying to encourage people to work. Whatever it was, Benjamin knew something good was going to follow. If it was bad news, the editor would have pulled him into his office to yell at him or that toothy grin wouldn't have been painted across his face, "have you ever had an oppourtunity to really, really shine?"

"W-well sir, I did write your fr-front page article l-last we--"

"No, I didn't think so! Benjamin Whistle, I'd to give you something you can really sink your teeth in, how does that sound?"

"What d-do you mean, s-sir?"

The editor pulled up a seat next to Benjamin, his stench becoming far more pronouced, and lowered his voice to the usual speaking level. Was this whispering for the editor?

"Benny, have you heard... of Apollo?"

"Yes-yes-yes sir." Who hadn't? Apollo was the Santa Claus of mysteries. As a child, you wanted to believe in it all. That this place had been rebuilt by Pokémon, that there was enough gold there to let you live as a trillionaire forever. And, of course, Benjamin had also heard of Dr. Stone's death and his annoucement. It had been everywhere. It was a dumb question really. "What about it?"

"Well, Benny-Boy, on the other side of that door," the editor nodded towards his office door, "is a great woman and a very, very old friend of mine. The great archeologist, Doctor Hazel Jacobi. Heard of her?"

"Yes s-sir." Also a dumb question. Hazel Jacobi was the most famous archeologists in the world. That was like asking if Benjamin knew what a Pikachu was. He worked in journalism and reading and writing was what Benjamin did.

"Well, ol' Hazel has offered me an oppourtunity. A fantastic oppourtunity, in fact. He wants me, legendary reporter, journalist, editor and writer, Harry Johnson, to record the events going on in Apollo while she sends a team of variously skilled people to find this 'treasure'." The editor seemed pretty excited about it. Too excited. Fake excited. "Unfortunately, Benny, I have a wife. Two darling sons. A family. As much as I would want to wisk myself away to an adventure island, I just can't. So, Benny, I want you to go."

"M-me?" The idea was a little confusing to Benjamin. He wasn't his best writer but the editor often had him writing stories that he was meant to write. Of course, Benjamin had always thought he did this because he was intern. Like, it was his moral obligation to kiss the editor's butt. Benjamin didn't question it though; oppourtunities are what kept interns alive.

"Yes, Benny. Right now, I need you to go talk to Hazel," the editor pulled Benjamin out of his chair and pushed him along the hall. "She's a nice lady, just don't get on her bad side." The editor pushed him again, this time Benjamin hit the wall directly next to the editor's office. He could feel his heart starting to beat rapidly. "You can't disappoint me, Benji. If you get this, you could write a book. Hell, you could even find the treasure. Then we'd-- you'd be rich!" Another thrust of the editor and Benjamin was flat against the door. Man, he had no physical strength at all.

"Get in there!"

Rubbing his neck, Benjamin opened the door, went inside and closed it behind him. He exhaled then turned around to see a Dr. Hazel Jacobi sitting behind the editor's desk, sipping a hot cup of tea she hugged in her hands. She looked up, looking a little confused but didn't object to Benjamin's presence.

"Why, hello there." She smiled pleasantly. "Please, sit," she said, motioning to the guest chair in front of the desk. Benjamin complied and sat, his eyes darting everywhere but Dr. Jacobi's eyes. He felt too scared to talk. Too scared to breathe. Was this what it felt like to be star struck? "Now, uh, who are you, young man?"

"B-Benj-jamin Whis-Whistler." Benjamin felt a lot more stuttery than usual. Well, not stuttery. Benjamin usually referred to his stutter as 'repeating words'. "B-Benjamin Whistler, miss."

"Nice to meet you, Benjamin. Now, where has the editor gone to?"

"U-uh?" Dr. Jacobi gave a little chuckle at Benjamin's response.

"Deary me, what a sly fox he is." When Benjamin's face grew more confused, Dr. Jacobi waved a hand. "No, don't worry about it. Carrying on, Benjamin, as you may know, I'm looking for a writer for this expedition. I'm sending a variety of people to Apollo to try and find this treasure. You know the one I'm talking about?"

"Y-y-yes, yes, yes miss."

"Excellent, that makes things easier. Good." She nodded as she took another sip out of her tea cup. "I need a writer to write about everything they see. Clues, funny symbols, historical monuments; I need this all. This person is expected to keep a journal on them at all times, take pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. Do you understand?"

"Yes miss."

"Right. Do you think you could do that for me, Benjamin? I guess because you're in here, ol' Harry thinks you're one of his best. That's a good sign, he knows a good writer when he sees one. And you're young too, you can get around on this island. You need to be ready for everything. You understand?"

"Yes, of c-c-course, Dr. Jacobi, miss."

"Very good." She took another sip. Benjamin began to doubt that it was just tea. "You could become very rich and famous at the end of this. A book? A documentary? You'd certainly be out of a small newspaper like this. Would you like that?"

"V-very much s-s-s-so, miss. Yes, yes miss."

"Very good, Benjamin. And, as a gift or something," Dr. Jacobi handed a backpack over at Benjamin as he stood up to leave. Benjamin peered inside. There seemed to be the bare essentials in here, plus a very nice camera, a leather bound notebook and some pens. And... was that? Was that a full PokéBall? No way, "here is a bag with what you need. I suspect you may need to do some planning and prior reading, Benjamin. It's going to be a long trip!"

Benjamin stood up as Dr. Jacobi opened the door. His mouth had finally found confidence.

"Thank y-you so much, m-miss for giving, giving me this oppourt-tunity. I, I promise not, not to let y-you down," she put a hand up to silence the boy.

"You are most welcome. I'm sure you deserve this. Good luck," and with that, Dr. Jacobi exited and walked down the hall taking her teacup with her. The editor was there almost the very second that Dr. Jacobi's footsteps could not be heard any longer.

"You did it!! You did it, boy!! We're gonna be rich!!!"
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Fsteak

I'd be very interested in playing but I'm a little confused on the matter of starting pokemon. I've looked at the list of viable starter pokemon and the notes underneath of what pokemon are reserved, but I see a lot of sheets asking for pokemon not on the list. Am I missing something or is the list just a sort of suggestion?
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it works like this: You must choose a starter from the list. Once your character is accepted, your chosen starter is removed from the list. Reserving a pokemon won't result in a starter being taken off the list because there is no guarantee that the person will deliver an SU or be accepted.
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Fsteak

That makes sense. Thank you Geras, that's very helpful. I think if that's the case, I'd like to reserve...

Actually I'm kind of torn on which one to reserve. *flips a coin* Ekans. I'd like to reserve Ekans please.

Name: Carmine Malus
Preferred Starter Pokémon: Ekans
Appearance: In her late teens and clearly from old money, Carmine does not immediately look like the adventuring type. She's short and petite even among her age group, and her form fitting and fashionable clothes leave no room to hide any sort of hidden bulk to put to her advantage. Her apparel dances the line between practical and pretty; there are leggings under her pleated skirt and her silk scarf is very tightly coiled around her neck so it won't snag on anything. As far as her clothes are concerned, she seems to stick to a pastel colour palette, spanning whichever colours she pleases but nonetheless staying to muted, light and pale tones. True to her name, Carmine's hair has been dyed a very deep red with a couple sparse locks of black. The girl's hair only goes to her shoulders and is often left straight. Carmine's eyes are a bright blue that are often in stark contrast to her red hair.
Roleplay Sample:

I'd also appreciate being sent a PM regarding the professor's age and personality.

Last edited by Fsteak; November 15th, 2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old November 7th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Skymin
the Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geras32 View Post
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it works like this: You must choose a starter from the list. Once your character is accepted, your chosen starter is removed from the list. Reserving a pokemon won't result in a starter being taken off the list because there is no guarantee that the person will deliver an SU or be accepted.
bingo!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsteak View Post
That makes sense. Thank you Geras, that's very helpful. I think if that's the case, I'd like to reserve...

Actually I'm kind of torn on which one to reserve. *flips a coin* Ekans. I'd like to reserve Ekans please.

Name:
Preferred Starter Pokémon: Ekans
Appearance:
Roleplay Sample:

I'd also appreciate being sent a PM regarding the professor's age and personality.
sure!! I'll add you to the reserve list when I get on a PC next :)
Old November 7th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Dragon
w/ Sheep & Endless, and all your cartoon pals

Nature: Gentle
Almost done! Just doing the RP Sample!

Name: Hugō Colthearts (Hue - go Colt - hearts)

Preferred Starter Pokémon: Purrloin

Appearance: Hugō is a little bit on the slim and mean side, who does weigh around 160 pounds, and also has a height of 5'9. He has bristly, short black hair that has bangs that almost extends to his top shoulders, and alongside his slightly slim 5 fingers on each hand as well as his slightly slim 5 fingers on each tone, his overall skin tone resembles that of a Asian young boy, has it's a pasty yellow color. Speaking of which, while Hugō has the physique and posture of a young woman, he is indeed male, which made a lot of confusion during his wake, but, he became accustomed to it.

Hugō wears the traditional Japanese dress of a miko, which even today has remained essentially unchanged except for the lack of the slit-shoulder seam. It consists of a white jacket with sode-kukuri (cords) through the sleeves and open shoulders. He also wears strings called muna-himo which are attached to each lapel and tied in front to keep the garment closed. Hugō's kosode would be very much like a modern Kendo or Naginata Keikogi, with the sleeve fitting somewhat closely like a modern loose shirt and extending slightly past the wrist. The slits on the side of his hakama, and the openings at the sleeves and shoulders of his hitoe (jacket) showed the white kosode she sported. Hugō also wears a bright red nagabakama (a very long hakama), which includes the small board on the lower back. Finally, Hugō wears common tabi (socks) and rice straw sandals. It's all sported by a red Obi, or belt, over all his other garments.

Roleplay Sample:
Old November 7th, 2013, 12:27 PM
adventure
trust your doctor

Auugh. You are allowed to slap me, maddy. But another journey-esque RP probably isn't what could get me going again after all, so I'll withdraw my reservation and try to post better in that other journey RP I actually am in already.

Old November 7th, 2013, 03:11 PM
<Challenger>
I need Boobies! Nothing more!

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna drop my reserve guys. I've already joined too many, and I feel like there would be other people more capable of participating.

"Welcome to Boobies, we hope you like what you see, boys!"

Last edited by <Challenger>; November 7th, 2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old November 7th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Ponysaur94

Nature: Impish
Sounds like a adventure of large proportions! I'm game, though I'm having the craziest time trying to sort out reserved pokemon! Could someone tell me the pokemon that are still available? And the info on Prof. Hazel Jacobi would be helpful as well. Thanks!
Old November 7th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Ewery1
Buizels FTW!

Available Pokemon: Tangela, Spriztee, Bronzor, Tyrouge, and Shelmet

Old November 7th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
Bronzor is still reserved by Pixelrushe, but Bonsly is now free.
Old November 8th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Skymin
the Knight

All G heretostay i can understand when too many seems like not enough... and then it is. d: and nooo, Rikaaaaa.... *cries* u butt come back to me i have beauty and magic an d thINGS

alright, I'M gonna add everyone onto the reserve list now!!! and send out those PMs!!

Sponsored Links