Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Reload this Page So, we have Japan, New York and France, where next?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: Where should Gen 7 be located?
Los Angeles 2 5.88%
Australia 14 41.18%
Africa 7 20.59%
U.K 11 32.35%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 1st, 2013 (02:50 AM).
Sideshow Bob
Hufflepuff and Slytherin

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, Summer Bay & Lumiose City
Nature: Gentle
I was wondering this for a few days, since we've had Japan, New York and now France, where is Gen 7 gonna be set? (Gen 6 if we're lucky)...
Maybe Australia or the UK? I can't wait to meet a Trainer named Niall.

Science fiction (Ooh ooh ooh) double feature.
Doctor X (Ooh ooh ooh) will build a creature.
See androids fighting (Ooh ooh ooh) Brad and Janet.
Anne Francis stars in (Ooh ooh ooh) Forbidden Planet.
(Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
At the late night, double feature, picture show.

"Haters? They sit in their basement, comment on my videos, giving me more views, breaking more records. My haters helped me achieve that." - Justin Bieber
Old November 1st, 2013 (03:44 AM).
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
Honestly hoping the Africas. We need the origins of humans in the Pokemon universe and where better to tell it than a region based on the one continent where past humans migrated from.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old November 1st, 2013 (04:06 AM).
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
On a side note, the region of Orre (from Pokemon Colosseum/XD) is said to be based off Arizona too.

I would like to see what they do with Australia, haha. We've got a bunch of weird animals they can use too. They'd just have to put less focus on desert areas than what we actually have, haha.
Newest article: Gym Reviews: Hoenn!
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old November 1st, 2013 (05:41 AM).
Marionz
New to 6th Gen

Nature: Timid
yeah i would like to see an africa setting or some remote regions :p

(e.g. Philippines) xD
I will be readding those people I've added in the past... My friend code changed and I don't know why.. Some of my applications are gone in my 3DS too so.. I dunno what happened.. Someone may have messed with my 3DS

Clubs: Pokemon Breeders Fan Club | The Pokemon Trainer Association
Old November 1st, 2013 (05:54 AM).
Rainflower
분홍신

Nature: Lonely
I want to see a region based on overall Asia, actually. That'd be huge.

Or it could just be East Asian countries, excluding Japan, haha. Would like to see an Australia based region tho. Sounds interesting.

currently playing: pokemon omega ruby
Old November 1st, 2013 (05:58 AM).
Talli
Tsunderes forever

Nature: Naughty
I would like to see an New Zealand based region
Old November 1st, 2013 (06:02 AM).
Blastin'Tyruntz
Float away...to a world of joy...

Nature: Calm
Middle east, most notably Dubai or Saudi Arabia.I would love to see some more caves and deserts than the usual "routes" we have. If you go to NYC, Japan or France and you find patches of grass with like bunnies popping out of them, lemme know.... :/
Instead, it'll be more realistic of they take a desert region like Aljiria or any middle-eastern country for that mattewr, and spead caves and tunnels. And in the middle east, there are a lot of developed places. The tallest building in the world is in Abu-Dabi,im sure they'll manage to do something with that.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 1st, 2013 (07:31 PM).
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

omg Pokemon is not meant to be realistic, genius. .

I want an Australia region like others have said and if one of the legendaries isn't based off of a Bunyip I'll scream. And there better be a koala and a more kangaroo looking Pokemon,(fighting maybe?) kangaskhan looks nothing like a kangaroo other than the pouch.
Old November 1st, 2013 (08:05 PM).
PumpJack
Gentleman Thug

Nature: Quirky
Maybe something similar to Hoenn, based off the former British empire?

You'd have the island itslef, and then such diverse regions as the Egypt, India, Sudan, Australia, parts of the Caribbean, Canada, the 13 Colonies, etc.

But with such a vast world, they'd have to put a much larger focus on the adventuring aspect to keep it interesting- which I really want. The Pokémon world has a constantly growing and rich lore behind it- why limit players to simply eight badges and the league?

There can be so much more to do and explore.

And I don't want to have to chase after spinoff games such as Mystery Dungeon to get the chance.
Old November 2nd, 2013 (02:23 AM).
Blastin'Tyruntz

Quote originally posted by TreeKangaroo:
omg Pokemon is not meant to be realistic, genius. .

I want an Australia region like others have said and if one of the legendaries isn't based off of a Bunyip I'll scream. And there better be a koala and a more kangaroo looking Pokemon,(fighting maybe?) kangaskhan looks nothing like a kangaroo other than the pouch.
You could be less offensive. :[
I personally would not buy a game based off of Australia...Too many kangaroo and koala based pokemon i guess.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 2nd, 2013 (02:32 AM).
Makoto Tachibana
Mako-chan

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by idankingo:
You could be less offensive. :[
I personally would not buy a game based off of Australia...Too many kangaroo and koala based pokemon i guess.
No Australia's fauna are definitely not limited to those!!
Platypus, the extinct Tasmanian tiger, wombat, shark, coral, weedy sea dragon, leafy sea dragon, tiger quoll, frilled neck dragons, sugar glider, goanna, emu and more. It's obviously more than kangaroos and koala.
I swear I can even create a Pokedex with Native Aussie animals!

CSS originally by laugh
Old November 2nd, 2013 (02:41 AM).
«Chuckles»
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

Nature: Brave
Yes australia, all the Pokemon's will be vicious and the legendaries will be a drop bear and a bunyip the 3 starters will be an emu, koala and a kangaroo because that's like the only animal non Aussies no about. The champion of the e4 will be the hilltop hoods and you get shanked within the first 5 minutes of the game. Welcome to Australia.

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old November 2nd, 2013 (03:06 AM). Edited November 2nd, 2013 by Makoto Tachibana.
Makoto Tachibana
Mako-chan

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by chuckleslucifer:
Yes australia, all the Pokemon's will be vicious and the legendaries will be a drop bear and a bunyip the 3 starters will be an emu, koala and a kangaroo because that's like the only animal non Aussies no about. The champion of the e4 will be the hilltop hoods and you get shanked within the first 5 minutes of the game. Welcome to Australia.
The Bunyip should be a legendary, leave the Water for platypus!
Aussie has a great potential, we'll take a look at the real life locations of Straya that I'm familiar with
Great Barrier Reef

You need a desert? They have one filled with red sand! Great Victoria Desert

Uluru (Ayers Rock)

Gondwana Rainforests

CSS originally by laugh
Old November 2nd, 2013 (03:17 AM).
Hikamaru
caligulasAquarium
Community Supporter

I do agree with Chuckles, Marcin and Makoto. Australia is, as Makoto said, a place with some very unique plant and animal species, a lot of which we haven't seen turn into Pokemon yet. It's not just a place full of kangaroos and koalas, and having it made into a Pokemon region would be something I heavily approve of.

See, there's more to Australia than you think. The species there are so unique there are some you won't find anywhere else! Game Freak, do it.

battle server | tumblr | twitter | lovely pair
adoption center mentor | fairy-type club

Old November 2nd, 2013 (03:28 AM).
«Chuckles»
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Makoto Tachiba:
Gondwana Rainforests
There is a picture of that at my mothers house it was at night time it looks fantastic.

I think drop bears would come in hrde battles and strike first. At the beaches you have the option to go surfing and catch some rare pokemon. Instead of a bicycle you get a mountain bike (motorised) to traverse the terrain. Fossil pokemn would have a larger influence maybe have a wider range of new ones i.e. Tasmanian tiger and stuff. Maybe a dinosaur pokemon or two. I think maybe have some prominent references to Australian history such as the Aboriginals and how unfairly they were treated. Riding pokemon would become even more fun because Australia can become even more barren and who doesn't want to ride a rapidash on the barren waste of desert Australia. I think the dream time stories would influence the game a lot with how pokemon were made possibly a professor who is researching how pokemon came to even exist. Tony Abbott should make a slight cameo yelling "stop the boats" throughout the game never actually doing anything.
Old November 2nd, 2013 (04:58 AM).
Blastin'Tyruntz

Quote originally posted by chuckleslucifer:
I do know a lot of australian animals.
But they look weird enough to already be in the game...

Old November 2nd, 2013 (05:28 AM). Edited November 2nd, 2013 by yungdialysis.
yungdialysis
shoutout to britney spears

Except basing it on a real existing country, why not making a fantasy country or the FUTURE. Just imagine all the possibilities. Space, weird mountains or floating islands. What do you think about it?

[/sig-reason]
Old November 2nd, 2013 (06:00 AM).
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote originally posted by idankingo:
I do know a lot of australian animals.
But they look weird enough to already be in the game...
Blobfish would be weird yes(stunfisk 2.0) but koalas aren't that weird.
Old November 2nd, 2013 (06:19 AM).
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I hope it's the UK. Mainly because I'd like to explore London in the Pokemon world. :P

I honestly don't know what they'll base the next game on though. :( There doesn't seem to be a pattern, unless they're going for big cities (cough london cough)
Old November 2nd, 2013 (06:32 AM).
Pinkie-Dawn
hoping senpai notices me

Either San Francisco or the U.K. due to their unique landscapes and architectures.
Old November 2nd, 2013 (06:57 AM).
Alli
tͨ̀ ̡͕̗̫̘̣͛̆̏ͦ͢͡ h̓ͬͪͪ̊̍̋̿̎ȅ̊ m̴̨͍̬̿ͫͩͨͥͩͭ͠ ̙l̏ͦl ô̒́́ ͪ̋,͈͎ͮͨ̉̌̂͝͡ e ̴̅̽̇͑̓͋̃ͫ́҉

Nature: Timid
I personally would love to go to Africa.
Old November 2nd, 2013 (07:46 AM).
Pidgey
Say my name, silverflame, take control
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Just gonna agree with everyone who said either somewhere in Australia or Africa, at least those are two that are very likely to happen. It seems as though they're trying to focus more on the environment the games take place in, now that the graphics actually have a relatively important role in comparison to waay back in the day of the originals, so naturally they're gonna try to give the games a setting which is both interesting and would be great to explore, and well, both Africa and Australia allow for that. Though obviously there are loads of other places in the world that this could apply to as well, so maybe they're gonna surprise us :p I definitely don't think it's gonna be the UK though, mainly because it wouldn't be quite as interesting when it comes to the environment, sorry :(
Old November 2nd, 2013 (08:48 AM).
Playful_Weasel
can I have a Pokepuff?
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Like a few above have mentioned. It would be great to have the 7th gen based in portions of Africa. So much diversity, so much differences in culture and language, and abundance of different animals. Lots of inspiration and ideas for future Pokemon and town names could come from varying places across Africa.

Or to have it based either in Scandinavia or the Balkans in Europe.

Death Metal Fan - Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Nile, Divine Empire ♪
Old November 2nd, 2013 (08:59 AM).
Decimosoma
Free to dream, free to smile

North Pole or another 100% snowish place! I want to see a snow-only region. That would be awesome. #snowloversunite
Old November 2nd, 2013 (09:01 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom are my top three; New Zealand being my first choice.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links