Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Reload this Page So, we have Japan, New York and France, where next?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: Where should Gen 7 be located?
Los Angeles 2 5.88%
Australia 14 41.18%
Africa 7 20.59%
U.K 11 32.35%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 2nd, 2013 (11:03 AM).

No one mentioned Western Washington State... there's Puget Sound, a strait of water surrounded by lowlands, highlands and mountains, a big lake with an island on it and overall it's probably the greatest mix of land and water I've seen in an area no more than a hundred miles wide ;P
Old November 2nd, 2013 (11:18 AM).
Kicking against the earth!
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
Quote originally posted by Chrysanthia:
No one mentioned Western Washington State... there's Puget Sound, a strait of water surrounded by lowlands, highlands and mountains, a big lake with an island on it and overall it's probably the greatest mix of land and water I've seen in an area no more than a hundred miles wide ;P
Yes. And we're also quite diverse. Though we are lacking a general shape for the region to me.

Heres my top 3:
1) New Zealand with part of austraila. So we get part of the mainland with Sydney and a island.
2) We could get the UK and it could be connected to Kalos by the channel tunnel.
3) Florida, though swamplands were annoying in sinnoh and kalos (why were they there?
Old November 2nd, 2013 (11:40 AM).
CS

It'll have to be a place where the developers can go and do some first-hand research. As much as they just throw whatever Pokemon into a region they feel like, they've made an effort to have the places be reminiscent of the real areas they're based on. So Australia wouldn't be picked just because Australia has all those unusual animals. They'd want to pick it because it's got all kinds of landscapes and culture that could find its way into the games.

And that's why I don't think they'll go to places like Africa or the Middle East. Lots of places there aren't too safe or friendly so they won't send people there. Australia seems like it would be a pretty good pick, but so does the UK. The UK though is bound to be a lot like France, or at least more so than New York is, so that doesn't seem like as much of a change as a place like Australia would be.

Wouldn't mind if they picked somewhere in Asia like Taiwan or South Korea, or if they went to South America or the Caribbean.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 2nd, 2013 (12:54 PM).

Quote originally posted by countryemo:
Yes. And we're also quite diverse. Though we are lacking a general shape for the region to me.

Heres my top 3:
1) New Zealand with part of austraila. So we get part of the mainland with Sydney and a island.
2) We could get the UK and it could be connected to Kalos by the channel tunnel.
3) Florida, though swamplands were annoying in sinnoh and kalos (why were they there?
What do you mean by ««lacking a general shape»»?

I would keep New Zealand and Australia separate... do you have any idea just how large the Tasman Sea really is?

As for the UK and connection with France, that may seem interesting, but I don't know how that would work out in practice..

And I don't know much about Florida...

Quote originally posted by Scarf:
It'll have to be a place where the developers can go and do some first-hand research. As much as they just throw whatever Pokemon into a region they feel like, they've made an effort to have the places be reminiscent of the real areas they're based on. So Australia wouldn't be picked just because Australia has all those unusual animals. They'd want to pick it because it's got all kinds of landscapes and culture that could find its way into the games.

And that's why I don't think they'll go to places like Africa or the Middle East. Lots of places there aren't too safe or friendly so they won't send people there. Australia seems like it would be a pretty good pick, but so does the UK. The UK though is bound to be a lot like France, or at least more so than New York is, so that doesn't seem like as much of a change as a place like Australia would be.

Wouldn't mind if they picked somewhere in Asia like Taiwan or South Korea, or if they went to South America or the Caribbean.
I agree about the accessibility issue, some parts of the world aren't so well suited to in-depth exploration.. New York City and northern France seem to be more accessible than most and they have plenty of interesting attractions and features that could be incorporated into a Pokémon game, and I don't know many others that are sufficiently accessible and have enough points of interest.

The Pacific Northwest in western Washington, in my opinion has plenty of interesting landscapes that aren't too difficult to access.. between the mountains in the east and west, the lakes and estuary in the middle, the big cities on each side of the biggest lake, a forest area between two big lakes and plenty of other things... for what more could we ask?

I do admit I may be biased in giving a brief overview of one particular region and certainly there may be others that are quite similar to what I described but I have lived in the west side of Washington State for many years and I don't know any other regions well enough.. A close second would be the Auckland area in New Zealand, which from what I've seen looks like it could be done, but I don't know it well enough to really suggest it here..
Old November 2nd, 2013 (12:57 PM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Would California be nice? It's got mountain barriers, it's got seas, it's got valleys, it's got desert, it's got rainforest. And it's got super techy cities and super huge cities too Maybe a condensed version of the West Coast?
#363 Spheal
Supporter Collab January 2015
mod of nothing
paired to Axeliira
Old November 2nd, 2013 (02:11 PM).
Forever and Ever

I'm wanting either England (or just the whole U.K) or Australia. I'm waiting for there to be some Beatles parody in England or just the outback of Australia to explore.

Pink Moon is on its way.

Old November 2nd, 2013 (04:30 PM).
You seem rather drunk
Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
UK wouldn't really be as interesting as several other countries that haven't been covered. Animals there are common, nothing that would amuse you, climate is average, just a standard sort of area which I don't think would be a good setting for a Pokemon game.

I would like to see Australia, though. Like some others have mentioned, they have all sorts of animals that are unique to the country or are rare around the world. The country is very different to many parts of the world and it would make for an excellent game setting, in my opinion.

I wonder if there is ever going to be a game that is located in Space. Now that would be interesting and different. Maybe, just maybe, they will resort to that.
Old November 2nd, 2013 (05:52 PM).
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Maybe Ireland or Spain, or even connect parts of North Africa to Spain, that would make the layout more interesting.
Old November 2nd, 2013 (06:32 PM).
& having to receive it

I'd love to see them base a region off Ireland (or any other similar countries), personally. It could consist of small towns and villages, instead of big, flashy cities. There would be a lot of caves and tunnels to get through, but their obstacles wouldn't be too hard. The routes would contain a bunch of tall grasses, and there'd a couple of rocks laying around here and there. Most grass, rock, and water-type Pokémon would be native to this region, as well as a few flying, such as Aerodactyl, Pidgeot, and Archeops. In the main villages, perhaps they could have huge-looking statues featuring some of the region's legendary Pokémon. d: Also, some towns could have adobe houses, maybe, like in Mexico, Africa, India, etc. etc. I don't know how many people would enjoy exploring this region, exactly, but me, I definitely would!
Old November 2nd, 2013 (06:45 PM).
Loading... Please wait

Why not go back to America and go to the west coast, like California?
Or Canada. Just imagine the a maple syrup pokemon.... it'd be the new Vanillite.
Old November 2nd, 2013 (06:46 PM).
GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD

Nature: Bold
Space, koff~

The last frontier known to man. These are the voyages of the Poketrek Illumise. Going where no Pikachu has gone before!

Just joking. I think we'll have some more flavors along the way. Perhaps we'll get an Arctic adventure? Or maybe we'll visit some where tropical? I don't know. All I know is that as long as it isn't based on Florida, I'll be happy, koffi~
Old November 2nd, 2013 (07:43 PM).

Nature: Careful
How about the Philippines, lots lots and lots of Tropius Exeggutor and Krookodile lol

And lots and lots of syndicates around here too. They should make another game where you will take on multiple syndicates like in Emerald.

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
In-game name:mimiLoP
Here's my 3DS FC:
3024-6176-4928
Old November 2nd, 2013 (08:08 PM).
Gentleman Thug

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Dylan_DJ:
Why not go back to America and go to the west coast, like California?
Or Canada. Just imagine the a maple syrup pokemon.... it'd be the new Vanillite.
Land of the Million Bidoofs.
Old November 3rd, 2013 (01:54 AM).
Hufflepuff and Slytherin

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, Summer Bay & Lumiose City
Nature: Gentle
The UK, would fit as a secondary region, as people have stated, not much to see there, so it could be a secondary region, and the Elite 4 and Champion could be One Direction, haha, or a parody of them.
If we had Italy, it wouldn't be much different from Kalos, Greece would be nice, it would be full of legends.

Science fiction (Ooh ooh ooh) double feature.
Doctor X (Ooh ooh ooh) will build a creature.
See androids fighting (Ooh ooh ooh) Brad and Janet.
Anne Francis stars in (Ooh ooh ooh) Forbidden Planet.
(Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
At the late night, double feature, picture show.

"Haters? They sit in their basement, comment on my videos, giving me more views, breaking more records. My haters helped me achieve that." - Justin Bieber
Old November 3rd, 2013 (04:17 AM).
Platinum Tier

Australia, so you can ride around on giant spider mounts pokemon.
Old November 3rd, 2013 (02:13 PM).
can I have a Pokepuff?
Gold Tier

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Poke Fox
Quote originally posted by Chrysanthia:
So True!! That would be a great idea for a Pokemon region as well. It's why I love living in Washington state (I live in south east Seattle). I should have thought of that one. It would be the perfect land for Mienfoo & Buizel, weasels and otters can be found all over the state.

Old November 3rd, 2013 (05:06 PM).
Super High School Level Fairy

Nature: Sassy
I don't know if its just me being a Canadian, but I'd love to see a region based on Canada. Nintendo could go into Aboriginal designs and a delve into a more nature-based society. And all the pretty music they could come up with and scenery and aaaaah it would be great. And especially on the west coast! There are so many different people and aahahaha if they made a city based on Vancouver I would squeal so hard.

Edit:
They could also delve into the topic of society vs. nature, which is really fun to debate about.
Old November 3rd, 2013 (06:53 PM).
Hurr, Mah 3DS Is Blue

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by chuckleslucifer:
Yes australia, all the Pokemon's will be vicious and the legendaries will be a drop bear and a bunyip the 3 starters will be an emu, koala and a kangaroo because that's like the only animal non Aussies no about. The champion of the e4 will be the hilltop hoods and you get shanked within the first 5 minutes of the game. Welcome to Australia.
And every Pokemon would be poison type. Damn Australia is scary
Old November 3rd, 2013 (09:31 PM).

Hmm... I would say that it seems like these last two generation they went toward the West a bit. Unova was based on New York and Kalos was based on France, which are in the Americas and Europe. If they stay with that, I can see the UK being our next stop.

The UAE is certainly an option if they want to move away from Europe. A city there that's based on Dubai would be a good chance to show off their abilities with graphics.

Honestly, I would like one in Egypt, but it may be a touchy one to go for with all the political things that have happened there recently. South America could be fun too (especially since it would give them a chance to retcon Guyana into a region of a different name.)
Old November 3rd, 2013 (09:36 PM).
Slice through the evil, Gundam
Crystal Tier

Part of me is screaming out Los Angeles and the surrounding area. The region would shake every so often due to aftershocks of a big earthquake that happens before you start your journey. Or London. It could be foggy a lot of times and Pokémon Soccer is the national sport. You'll battle three trainers who are obsessed with cars and your rival will be a guy in w white suit and white helmet.

Banner made by Angela || Pair: Lucy
Friends: Lucy, Angela, Jen, Sammi-san, Jeremy the Sweetie, Signomi
Fanfiction.net page || DeviantART Page || Twitter || NaNoWriMo Page

Ash Ketchum: Formula One Driver
The Pokemon Tower's Best In Category Crossover Award Winner October 2005
3DS Friend Code: 0232-8258-5085
Friend Safari: - Meditite, Pancham, Riolu
Shiny Value: 1672
Old November 4th, 2013 (03:44 AM).
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Silver Tier

I'd love to see a region based off the Netherlands and Belgium together :x And if they were to make a new region in this generation, I think that'd be most logical alongside with the possibility of the South of France turning into a new region. But they'd pick the Netherlands if they'd want to make a game based on innovation, I guess. We've always been known for that :p

EDIT: failed to mention, though GameFreak was in Amsterdam 1,5 year ago for research?
Old November 4th, 2013 (06:26 AM).
Pokémon Breeder

Nature: Quirky
Maybe we can expect something like the Orange Islands in the anime where we get an archipelago or something where we have to hop island to island with each island having its own unique culture and pokémon.

~---------------------------------------------------------------------------~
3DS Friend Code: 4399-0158-9260
(Note: Please PM me if you add me so I know it's a PC member and not a random)
Friend Safari: Ghost Type: Phantump, Lampent, and Golurk
Old November 4th, 2013 (07:17 AM).
Wheelie say find friends today

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bradenm
Quote originally posted by chuckleslucifer:
Yes australia, all the Pokemon's will be vicious and the legendaries will be a drop bear and a bunyip the 3 starters will be an emu, koala and a kangaroo because that's like the only animal non Aussies no about. The champion of the e4 will be the hilltop hoods and you get shanked within the first 5 minutes of the game. Welcome to Australia.
Omg I lost my s*** when I read this! XD
Twitter: @BradenJM
Old November 4th, 2013 (08:35 AM).
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Some kind of island get up.
SO we'd have some nice water routes, and plenty of ocean to explore.

Just strollin' to my next destination...
Old November 4th, 2013 (10:30 AM).
CS

Quote originally posted by BlahISuck:
Would California be nice? It's got mountain barriers, it's got seas, it's got valleys, it's got desert, it's got rainforest. And it's got super techy cities and super huge cities too :P Maybe a condensed version of the West Coast?
And lots of smaller towns, iconic structures, and a pretty distinct culture. You could have a cold, foggy town based on San Francisco with lots of Spheals around or an area based on San Juan Capistrano with lots of Swellows.

I know I have no trouble envisioning this. The only real trouble is that the West Coast is pretty straight with just a few exceptions and that would make for a boring looking map so you'd have to pick one area like LA, San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, etc.

deviantart blog pair
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links