Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Reload this Page So, we have Japan, New York and France, where next?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: Where should Gen 7 be located?
Los Angeles 2 5.88%
Australia 14 41.18%
Africa 7 20.59%
U.K 11 32.35%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 4th, 2013 (10:35 AM).
Gentleman Thug

Nature: Quirky
Actually, what would be kinda cool would be if they were to base the next region off some really remote place, and the first people to guess it correctly get an event Pokémon free.
Old November 4th, 2013 (11:07 AM).
The Breaker

Nature: Adamant
I think Australia and New Zealand would be pretty cool.

Cut out Northern and Western Australia. Starting town somewhere in Queensland. Progress down to Sydney. In New Zealand have a few cities/towns at the South Island with the 8th Gym in one of the cities. Have the Pokemon League at the North Island of New Zealand. Put some post game content on the island of Tasmania.

Spoiler:

The Caribbean would also be cool. A map with Cuba, Jamaica, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and Andros of the Bahamas.

Spoiler:
Old November 4th, 2013 (05:33 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by BlahISuck:
Would California be nice? It's got mountain barriers, it's got seas, it's got valleys, it's got desert, it's got rainforest. And it's got super techy cities and super huge cities too Maybe a condensed version of the West Coast?
I would love to see a region based off the West Coast...if they do one, they should make it bigger than Kalos as I do beleive the total area of Washington, Oregon, and Califonia is larger than France...California is big enough on it's own but I would like to see parts of Oregon at least...and for post game they could have a train that leads to Unova! Oh and the routes don't start at 1...

I think though that they'll go for a country either North or south of Japan. So maybe Korea, Russia, or Australia, and Indonesia. Maybe the Phillipines. Either way, a place in Oceania, or Asia is my best bet.
Old November 7th, 2013 (01:03 AM).
my past is not today.
CS

Nature: Timid
I think the easiest place to base a new region off of would be Australia (& New Zealand?), just because it is a lot more diverse than people realize. The only problem with this is that I could see it slightly resembling Hoenn and Sinnoh by being a continental island region with smaller isands surrounding it. Still, I trust Game Freak would make it different in enough ways, and there would be more than enough real-life animals to use as inspiration for new Pokemon.

My other vote will always go to a combined western Canada, Washington and Alaska though, as it really is a lot more diverse than people may think. Mountains, oceans, forests, snow, beaches, urban areas, rural towns, etc. Plus, I'd be interested in seeing a more vertical map compared to the horizontally laid out regions that we're used to- it's getting a little boring in my eyes.

Quote originally posted by casualCasualty:
and aahahaha if they made a city based on Vancouver I would squeal so hard.
It's not quite the games, but feel free to squeal a little bit.
Pokémon Poll of the Week #8: The Cats Came Back

Moderator of Pokémon General
Old November 7th, 2013 (01:24 AM).
•=ØInfinityØ=•

Nature: Serious
It would be cool if they make one like Philippines so the game will look like it's an awesome Tropical region! :D (It'll be awesome when they add a Pokemon similar to the Tarsier lolz.)

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
Old November 7th, 2013 (01:46 AM).
Dark Ranger

England just 'cause I live there and it'd be nice to see it implemented in a Pokémon game. C'mon, Big Ben in in centre of the region with a gym leader or other story-progressing event inside? You know you want it. Pokémon is well overdue a massive clock tower.

But other than that, I'd be happy with anywhere as long as we never get an overly-industrialised region. It's all the natural scenery in Pokémon that makes me love the setting so much, regardless of whatever real-life connections it has.

Rare Ball Trade Shop || Trade Reviews || Trade Spreadsheet
IGN: Dactyl || FC: 0920-0357-3706 || OR TSV: 2718 || Y TSV: 0205
Old November 7th, 2013 (02:45 AM).
Abbeon

Nature: Calm
Ireland. It's where I live, but there are so many pretty places here that could be put in a Pokémon game. They probably won't though, Ireland is too small

#trenchcoatswag
Friend Safari: Ledyba, Masquerain, Venomoth
Old November 7th, 2013 (09:04 AM).
Long Live The Note
Crystal Tier

Nature: Hasty
I want to see a region like the Caribbean Islands. Each island holding a few towns. They could bring back dive and let you explore shipwrecks.

Or Africa.
Old November 7th, 2013 (12:32 PM).

I'd like to see a mix of Australia & Africa.

Kalos is based on Europe so, I guess Australia and Africa would be really interesting for the next generation!

(I still want an official map of all the regions so far )

Pokémon X
Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old November 7th, 2013 (08:13 PM).
Mud Attack!

If, they base it off of Canada. This would be the parts of Canada they would use:
Spoiler:
Old November 7th, 2013 (08:42 PM).
Competitive Trainer

Quote originally posted by ilias_:
I'd like to see a mix of Australia & Africa.

Kalos is based on Europe so, I guess Australia and Africa would be really interesting for the next generation! :)

(I still want an official map of all the regions so far >_>)
Not offical, but maybe the closest thing

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/
Old November 7th, 2013 (09:37 PM).
Gentleman Thug

Quote originally posted by Angelroid:
If, they base it off of Canada. This would be the parts of Canada they would use:
Spoiler:
Stereotype the heck out of it too- we have hilarious stereotypes.
Old November 7th, 2013 (09:42 PM).
The Hype is Real

Nature: Timid
I hope they base the next region on Australia.
We need a Koala Pokemon!
Old November 7th, 2013 (11:26 PM).
Kicking against the earth!
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
Quote originally posted by Kyrul:
I want to see a region like the Caribbean Islands. Each island holding a few towns. They could bring back dive and let you explore shipwrecks.
You know what. I love that idea. I loved diving in R/S/E, and I kinda really miss it, and that sounds great. But a game based soley off Islands I think would kinda bleh some people, dont know why, but it needs a mainland, Like move the islands closer to mexico, and use part of it. There we can have a big city, maybe have the alamo there (Like stone hedge is in egland but is in kalos.)
Old November 8th, 2013 (02:24 PM).
Competitive Trainer

Quote originally posted by Kyrul:

Or Africa.
The Anime had that in the Orange Island. If you recall there were 7 islands in the Remake of Red and blue
Old November 8th, 2013 (11:18 PM).
trying to be cool
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
I'd love to see the game be set in a tropical and exotic place, with lots of beaches and oceans. I live in a tropical country myself so I've seen how beautiful places like the Philippines can be, especially in our provinces. :3

I don't want to sound too biased so my second option would be Australia lmao.
“You see, love liberates. It doesn’t bind. Love says I love you, I love you if you’re in China, I love you if you’re across town, I love you if you’re in Harlem. I love you. I would like to be near you, I’d like to have your arms around me, I’d like to hear your voice in my ear. But that’s not possible now. So, I love you. Go.”

Old November 8th, 2013 (11:40 PM).
Not wearin glasses.I wanna look awesome.
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote originally posted by PumpJack:
Stereotype the heck out of it too- we have hilarious stereotypes.
I can see it now. The Professor will be called Professor Maple and he'll be very polite to everyone and so will all of the residents of the region. There's stereotypes for you. Plus we'll finally get a moose Pokemon (Stantler and Sawsbuck are deer so they don't count, though they'd be common too.) and a maple syrup Pokemon. And Lumberjack will become a trainer class along with Curler.

Honestly though, I think Canada would be a great place to base a region off . It could be divided into provinces just like the real country and you could explore them individually throughout the game and some during post game. I also think Australia or parts of Africa would be great too.

paired to hikamaru
Gold Supporter

tumblr| instagram| twitter
Old November 21st, 2013 (04:09 AM).
The Water Nerd Guy

Nature: Brave
I've actually wanted something from North America, Europe, or Africa. We really haven't seen much of America or Europe (only one region) so if we se two more from there, it would be nice.
Old November 21st, 2013 (05:28 AM).
Just a bit of torment

Nature: Lonely
Australia. I live here and have never even considered that it would make a good landscape for a Pokemon game until I read through this thread. Also that guy who roasted the idea and said the Hilltop Hoods would be the Elite Four members literally had me laughing out loud for minutes. Good job mate ( :
Old November 21st, 2013 (06:28 AM).
Couldn't Outfox a Donkey

Nature: Jolly
You're all going too high class.

I want to see Slough, near London. Just watch the Office (UK) and you'll see. Nothing cooler than catching a Rattata in a trading estate.

Or Glasgow. There's only a 30% chance you survive the story without being stabbed. Each egg you hatch has a 20% chance of being stolen.

Greece. Opponents can't afford to give you any money after a battle?

In all seriousness, I would also like to see Australia. Too many animals/landscapes to be missed. (Plus, there could be LOADS of cricket references...)
Old November 21st, 2013 (08:32 AM).
"Whatcha doin'?"

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer
Hopefully the UK, that way it would be close to Kalos (Maybe you could go there as well by Ferry and then Channel Tunnel). Aslo the Stone theme could be contined with Stone Henge, A Southhampton or Liverpool based town could be where the SS Anne's Home Port is, The King/Queen/Emperor/Empress of Pokeworld could live in the capital. The Professors lab could be in a Cambridge/Oxford type city. The player could come from a small village in Northern England, Scotland, the West country or Northern Ireland.

Or Germany with a theme of Technology in the cites but more traditional lifestyle in the more rural areas. Also near Kalos.

Or South Korea would be nice.

Profile ---------------------------MyAnimeList---------------------------Twitter
Old November 21st, 2013 (01:52 PM).
Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!

CANADA!!!!! Yes! I always thought that Baffin Island would be a cool location, or something that involves the Hudson Bay, or maybe even the Great Lakes (Manitouline Isl., anyone?).

"Hope is like a piece of string when you're drowning. It just isn't enough to get you out by itself." -Perrin Aybara
Old November 22nd, 2013 (07:27 AM).
You're Indestructible
Gold Tier

I love this topic! Here's a few ideas I have

Britain Honestly I think this one is the most likely. So much culture, but at the same time industrialized. Sounds like the perfect place to base a Pokemon region on. This would give the opportunity to have something that we haven't actually seen yet: medieval and celtic style castles and landscapes. And the best part? You could travel south to Kalos! I've been dying to have a Pokemon game where you can backtrack to a previous region.

Canada It'd be cool to have a colder region be the basis for a Pokemon game again. Plus it'd be really cool to have a city based on Montreal that has a full Underground like that one city in Orre (the name of which currently escapes me).

Florida Swamplands! Really dense swamplands would be great to explore, and a good environment for Pokemon. And it'd be an epic basis for a cool plot. Imagine this: imagine in the sea south of the region, ships that go through it mysteriously disappear (Bermuda triangle). Imagine that in reality, it's actually the work of a Pokemon. Imagine if, after defeating the Elite Four, you can go on a mission to capture that Pokemon. Once captured, ships can safely travel and you can take a boat to a new region: an archipelago (I really liked the Sevii Islands in FR and LG, and I've been hoping something like it would appear in later games).

Aaaand, as others have suggested, you could go into space. Say, on a rocket that commutes back and forth to the moon? (reference to the Kennedy Space Center).

As for Africa and Australia, I think they'd be more suited to side games. I'm not sure why, but they remind me of regions that side games would be based on. Like Pokemon Safari or something. Just my opinion though!

Paired to Hatsune Mika
Gold Supporter

Old November 22nd, 2013 (10:17 AM).
Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fictional

Spain Why? First, I live there. Second, there would be tauros all over the place (?)
Third, Madrid could be called Koffingdrid and be infested with koffings and gastlys when the pollution "beret", as we call it here, It´s basicly a pollution cloud, rises over Madrid.
Australia Why? I just loove platypuses and I realyy wanna see a platypus pokemon
Old November 23rd, 2013 (10:35 PM).
Awesome as always...

Nature: Naughty
Phillipines!
To the fact that we have different exotic animals that can be featured and our landscapes are just amazing!
Such as:
Spoiler:
Banawe rice terreces, boracay, fort ilocandia, and many more!

Animals such as
Spoiler:
Tamarraw, cow,carrabao, tarsier, king cobra, pangolin, and many more!

Thats what i thought!

楓 弘詩
“ Programs must be written for people
to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute. ”

Pair | Pair| Facebook | Showdown | PHO | Twitter
| Text Hex Convert v2.1.1 |
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links