Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page [Other] One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC + SU) Rated T

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old November 5th, 2013 (10:39 AM).
Kariyai.
ModeratorCSEO

I'm tempted, it's been a while since I joined a Roleplay >< if I find the time expect a sign up soonish
Old November 5th, 2013 (10:45 AM).
See You Space Cowboy

Nature: Relaxed
@Greiger- You're accepted! Adding your character to the database now. Looks like we have the Chopper of the group! (link included)

Alright, we're working on getting the IC up soon! But feel free to keep applying if you wish!

@Magic Fox- Alright, sounds good!

Also for your information: Loguetown is one of the few places in One Piece that is actually canon. Most of the other ones we visit will be island we created. Most of the places on Loguetown are the same, other than Gold Roger Bar (which I believe only appears in the anime anyways), which doesn't exist because Gold Roger doesn't exist. xD

Here's a link to the Loguetown wiki to get yourselves familiar with it before we begin:

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Loguetown

Paired with the Epic Legend
Old November 5th, 2013 (12:06 PM). Edited November 6th, 2013 by Mana.
Kariyai.
ModeratorCSEO

History still needs writing (and tweaking bits, like the wording of the personality :/), let me know if anything is obviously wrong ><.

Spoiler:
Name: Bridget Rosa
Epithet/Nickname: The Angel

Appearance: [ link ]
Rosa is very small for her age, and looks more like a child than an adult - if you didn't know her you would easily assume she is a young teenager, rather than an adult. Her bubblegum-pink hair is long and, on land, hangs loose - she prefers to wear it in a high ponytail when sailing the seas.

Her clothing is reminiscent of a school uniform, a small black vest over a white blouse with a red, tartan skirt. Rosa's collar is a daffodil shade of yellow and comes to a point as a large, loose bow.

Personality:
Rosa's personality varies between two extremes. Generally, Rosa is very carefree and lighthearted, she acts the child well as often embraces characteristics such as child like giggles and making silly jokes. She can also be a very uptight, aggressive woman - normally triggered by being picked on about her size.

Attractive men, around her chronological age, Rosa ditches the childlike demeanor. She is flirtatious and much more mature, as long as there is a hope they will like her. In the past she has struggled with men, as most end up viewing her as a little sister rather than a love interest.

History:
Rosa's childhood revolved around the sea - her family lives just outside Logue Town, along the coast. Her father was a fisherman, so naturally she spent a lot of time in and around the sea. She was enthusiastic, but more of a hindrance than a help. Her father always greeted her support with a smile, encouraging her love of the sea.

When Rosa reached the age of 16 she started to look for boating jobs. She needed the excitement of sailing the open ocean once again, she was willing to do anything to get aboard a ship. Despite her passion, however, she was never accepted in to a crew. Rosa was always deemed to fragile, too weak, too child-like to help a busy ship.

Her father watched as his daughter came home every night, a face full of disappointment. Nothing he said could raise her spirit, month by month her enthusiasm crumbled - until the day of the execution.

"This is the end of the King Pirates, but it's not the end of piracy! No, it's just the beginning! You want fame? You want treasure? You want land? You want freedom? You want One Piece? Go out and take it! The world is open to you!"

Rosa's passion stirred again, the sparkle of life returning to her pale green eyes. When she returned home later that evening there was nobody home; her parents were out. Sat upon the kitchen table was a large, peculiar fruit.

"A gift," the note from her father said.

Devil Fruit/Equipment/Weapon: Fuwa Fuwa no Mi - this devil fruit allows objects to float, after being touched by Rosa. Once airborn they can be moved telekinetically, this power can also be used on Rosa herself. Rosa is not limited by the mass of an object, however she is unable to levitate large objects (over 5mx5m) and her power has no effect on living things.
Goal/Dream: To find true love - to be accepted as an adult.
Other/Quirks: Rosa is incredibly small and child like, she often acts this way to get what she wants. She can change from her child like personality to strict, rather angry adult very quickly.
Current Bounty: $0
Old November 5th, 2013 (12:49 PM).
See You Space Cowboy

@Magic Fox- Alright, you're reserved for now!

Hey everyone, just a heads up that the IC has been submitted and is awaiting approval! We've gotten started on this pretty fast! We'll try to explain things to those who don't understand, but if you do have any questions, feel free to ask either myself or Raikiri. Let's get this started!

Old November 5th, 2013 (12:56 PM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

Nature: Brave
There is an angel and a demon on board the ship

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old November 5th, 2013 (01:11 PM).
The Crazy One

Nature: Sassy
Yay Magic Fox! Even though you're still just reserved, I'm so happy you are signing up with a girl! Now Zoe won't be all alone. xD
Old November 5th, 2013 (02:23 PM). Edited November 11th, 2013 by <Challenger>.
The Hero of the Skies and Time

Nature: Jolly
Here's my SU. I now have plenty of free time, and am watching One Piece at this very moment.

Name: Halberd H. Cloud
Epithet/Nickname: Alligator (As in Alligator Snapping Turtle)

Appearance:
Spoiler:

He's older than he appears. When he gets serious, he removes the brace from his arm, releasing his full strength.

Personality:
Cloud is very calm and collected, preferring to be alone more often than not. He's very serious, and has an arid sense of humor, preferring to joke about things one would consider morbid or terrible. Aside from that, he's very cynical, and always looks for the worst in the situation, preferring to look for the worst in people. He hates people who preach about how "Good will always win" or "My path is concealed in darkness" and prefers to pulverize them right then and there. One of Cloud's personal beliefs is that everyone can change their path, no matter who they are. Evil could always win. All they have to do is be stronger than the good guys. And those who are"steeped in evil" could always find something that they love enough to bring them out of it. That is why he has chosen the path of neutrality: He fights for the side that he thinks has the right of the situation. If he thinks his captain has chosen a wrong action, his loyalty will waver. Until that point, though, he will die before his crew comes to harm.

Cloud's quiet personality is generally ever-present. He doesn't like talking, and views it as tedious and time-consuming. He prefers to communicate through quiet nods of the head, or gestures, although he will talk when he feels it is appropriate, like when the opportunity to tell one of his legendary jokes arises, or to tell off a person he feels is being unreasonable. He is very intelligent, although he prefers not to show that side, or even use it. Cloud views himself as a fighter, not a thinker, a follower, not a leader, and therefore follows the captain's orders to a T, despite the flaws.

In battle, Cloud has a ferocious tenacity. He fights with everything he has. His strength was boosted when he ate the Kame Kame Fruit so he could bear the weight of the shell on his back, so his punches can snap a mast in half. At full strength, which will be when he can remove his shell...His potential is great. But he prefers to fight passively aggressive if that makes any sense. He uses his shell as a weapon, not just a defense. His cutlass makes him a deadly force, but their are some flaws with his strategy. He is reckless and brutal, and can be goaded into charging ahead without a thought, other than to destroy the aggressor.

History:
Cloud was born in Water 7, and grew up learning that pirates were a thing to be feared, seeing as his parents were once crew members on a merchant ship that had been raided, but they had also told him that eating meat was a way to destroy one's body. After a few years, he became an apprentice to a shipwright. Although his parents thought that was very noble of him, but he didn't like the trade. Not only that, but he was terrible at it. He tried as hard as he could to make it past apprenticeship, but he never showed the talent that was required. One night, he sneaked out to build a ship in order to impress his master, but while he was out, he was kidnapped by pirates. He was, at first, afraid, but after a few moments he realized that they weren't so bad. He began to chat with his captors. They were surprised that their captive wasn't terrified, and began to like the lad. After an hour or so, the captain came down and asked if Cloud wanted to join. He was excited, and took the opportunity with open arms.

Cloud spent four or five years on the crew, and served his captain faithfully, eventually earning his to way to become First Mate. The captured lad enjoyed being a pirate, and hated his parents for telling him that they were vicious, killing monsters. Sure, they had done some illegal thing, but they had never attacked an unarmed ship. They only attacked those under marine command. It installed some strange since of honor in the lad.

They raided a marine fort somewhere out in the middle of the ocean in an attempt to strike a blow at the government, just to show that they were a force to be reckoned with. They easily stormed the walls, and found themselves matched man-for-man on the inside. Fierce fighting broke out, but Cloud avoided the conflict and sneaked away to find the marine's store. After a while of searching he found the mess hall. He was, admittedly, starving and was willing to eat anything: Even the leaf-shaped fruit he found in the cupboard that tasted horrible...kinda like poison. He felt strange, and passed out.

When he awoke the next day, he found everyone dead: The marines AND his crew. A single tear drip from his eye as he found his captain with a sword buried in his chest. Around him lay five dead marines. It was obvious that he had gone down fighting. He found his ship and put each and every crew member on his ship and set it free. He gave his crew the most honorable death he could: A funeral pyre. He turned to find a boat that he could pilot, and found a small rowboat. Cloud piled a armful of fruits and small jerky pieces onto the boat and started to row towards an island. It was easier than it had been before...strangely so. It was only then that he realized that he had the shell of a turtle on his back. When he arrived on the nearest island a week later, he purchased a trench coat to hide his oddity, and made way for Logue Town, in desperate need for a crew. It would take him two months to sail there.

Devil Fruit/Equipment/Weapon:
The Kame Kame Fruit: A devil fruit that gives one a turtle shell across his/her back that is as hard as diamonds. Once it has grown on comfortably, after three or four years or so, the victim has the ability to pull it off and use it as a shield. After a year or so, patches of shells grow along his/her arms and legs, with the exceptions of the knees and arms.

The Terrapin: A massive five foot cutlass that he wields with one hand. It's his favorite gift from his old captain. He only uses it when he feels that his life is in danger.

His fists: Cloud mainly uses his fists, but his ability is devastating. Given his super-human strength, he can snap a thick mast in half with one punch. His style relies more on brute strength than finesse.

Turtle Style: A type of combat that encompasses his shell in combat. This includes the ability to send himself flying like a discus and stop himself at will, or spin on his shell like a top and lash out with all of his limbs.

Goal/Dream: Cloud's one dream is to become as legendary as he possibly can. He wants to be known as a vigilante. Not a hero, but definitely not a villain. Just one who did good things for society.

Other/Quirks:
-Has a VERY dry sense of humor, such as joking about death. (His trademark quirk. He can take it a bit too far sometimes)
-Can withstand an insane amount of pressure on his back, and can even block an entire ship for a few minutes
-Is NOT a fan of sarcasm, and will likely backhand you if you dare to use it on him
-Considers himself a higher-class pirate worthy enough to be on par with the Pirate King, Moras D. Rallo

Current Bounty:36,000,000
-Murder--Arson-
-Thievery--Assault-
-Grand theft naval (He stole a boat)-
"Even though I am Hylia reborn, I am still my father's daughter, and your friend. I'm still your Zelda... So I'm going to ask you a favor, sleepyhead. Ever since we were kids, I'd always be the one to wake you up when you slept in. But this time, when all of this is over, will you come to wake me up?"
- Zelda
Old November 5th, 2013 (02:30 PM).
The Awakened
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
@Heretostay:
Glad to see that you are still interested but one thing about your SU: Gol D. Roger doesn't exist in our universe. If you want your character to consider himself top tier in comparison to our "Pirate King" it would be Morris D. Rallo instead. Just keep working on it otherwise and when it's done, SV and I will review it.

Paired with the manly SV
Old November 5th, 2013 (02:33 PM).

Gotcha. I'll fix that. I'll be done in an hour at most.
"Even though I am Hylia reborn, I am still my father's daughter, and your friend. I'm still your Zelda... So I'm going to ask you a favor, sleepyhead. Ever since we were kids, I'd always be the one to wake you up when you slept in. But this time, when all of this is over, will you come to wake me up?"
- Zelda
Old November 5th, 2013 (02:53 PM).
We'll practice like it's 1999!

Is it possible for us to give a devil fruit to an NPC that won't appear in the RP?

...Well, I guess my question more directly is that I have a character in my History that I want to give a devil fruit (but I have a suitable alternative if they can't have one), and I am wondering if I can give that person one. They're not going to appear in the RP itself, just in the history.
Old November 5th, 2013 (03:23 PM).
The Awakened
Crystal Tier

@machomuu

I don't see why not. Unless SV has an issue with it (which I doubt he will), you can go ahead and run with the idea. Actually, ignore whatever he says and do it.

Paired with the manly SV
Old November 5th, 2013 (04:03 PM).
We'll practice like it's 1999!

Awesome, thanks! In that case, I should have my SU up by the end of today.
Old November 5th, 2013 (04:26 PM).

I believe I've finished my sign up. Perhaps you could take a look at it?
- Zelda
Old November 5th, 2013 (06:00 PM).
Furude
ModeratorEO

Nature: Mild
So, I'm just running a tally in my head on the crew right now (and assuming Magic Fox gets in) but does this mean we have

1. An angle and a demon
2. Two half-human characters (on account of Zoe)
3. Two characters with snake nicknames/epithets (The Taipan and The Viper)
4. Three characters with wildly fluctuating personalities.
5. Two characters with a knack for destroying everything around them.
6. A shipwright, a doctor, a cook, a navigator and judging by Kuzo probably a captain.
7. Oh, and almost everyone on the ship is a murderer/arsonist/terrorist.

We should call this the lunatic crew. xD

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old November 5th, 2013 (06:05 PM).
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Hey hey hey! Only a murderer WHEN blood lust kicks in! So you can put that on me!
Old November 5th, 2013 (06:06 PM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

Nature: Brave
I wouldn't say Leon is an arsonist.
But he certainly has tried his hand at it
Needless to say, he is pretty insane

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old November 5th, 2013 (06:33 PM).
Furude
ModeratorEO

@Grieger - See "wildly fluctuating personality" xD

We're going to put a crew of completely insane (some also bi-polar), arsonist murderers onto a single ship. In the middle of the ocean. This is bound to go well xD

Pairs
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old November 5th, 2013 (08:30 PM).
See You Space Cowboy

@machomuu- You can go ahead and give the NPC the Devil Fruit!

Haha, yeah it's quite unexpected how the crew turned out, but I think it could develop into quite a nice set of people if all goes well. Certainly we have a mix of everything, and one thing they won't be lacking for is firepower. I'm interested to see how it all goes!

@heretostay123- Ok, Raikiri and I will review your SU and let you know what we think as soon as possible. I'm going to be away for most of the day on Wednesday, so we'll likely let you know on Thursday, unless I find some time before.

Old November 5th, 2013 (10:11 PM).
The Crazy One

Hey.... Zoe has only killed one person and that was kind of, sort of, an accident. He was a dirty pedo and had it coming though.

I still worry for the sanity of this crew. xD
Old November 5th, 2013 (10:23 PM).
Furude
ModeratorEO

@Perplexity - Have I mentioned how awesome it is that you managed to get a pedo priest by the GMs in an RP rated "T"? I guess it is okay because he got what's coming to him.

Pairs
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old November 5th, 2013 (10:47 PM).
The Crazy One

I think it's because I alluded to it and didn't go into detail. :x
Old November 7th, 2013 (05:30 AM).
The Awakened
Crystal Tier

Hey guys! Just letting you all know that IC has been accepted. Feel free to hop in and post. The link is below for your convenience:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=312279

Paired with the manly SV
Old November 7th, 2013 (05:33 AM). Edited November 8th, 2013 by Mana.
Kariyai.
ModeratorCSEO

Not quite finished yet, but is there anything that I should fix up whilst I'm still editing and adding? ><

(Watched my first episode of One Piece this morning! Huzzah)
Name: Bridget Rosa
Epithet/Nickname: The Angel

Appearance: [ link ]
Rosa is very small for her age, and looks more like a child than an adult - if you didn't know her you would easily assume she is a young teenager, rather than an adult. Her bubblegum-pink hair is long and, on land, hangs loose - she prefers to wear it in a high ponytail when sailing the seas.

Her clothing is reminiscent of a school uniform, a small black vest over a white blouse with a red, tartan skirt. Rosa's collar is a daffodil shade of yellow and comes to a point as a large, loose bow.

Personality:
Rosa's personality mainly stems from her close, family upbringing - her mother and father were very attentive and, despite not being well off, made sure to spoil their daughter. Their tight-nit relationship meant that the family shared various hobbies and passions - for example, Rosa's love of the sea comes from her father's work as a fisherman, where as her love of fa

Despite being nineteen she knows how to act very much like a younger girl, which suits her appearance down to a 'T'. Not afraid to flutter her eyelids, or let her pale-green eyes well up with tears, Rosa finds it easy to take advantage of adults. She often extends this childlike act to other traits, such as giggling and pretend naivety. Of course, this is just an act, she understands perfectly well. This highlights her one moral flaw, she's not adverse to cheating or lying to get her way.

When asked by her parents why she always played the child, Rosa just smiled. She enjoys having the upperhand, whether it is knowledge, power or an emotional hold over others. Rosa detests her size and appearance but makes sure to make proper use of it, becoming adept at manipulating those around her.

Her disguise drops around attractive men - she craves a relationship, a man, a white knight but her past experiences of men have not been good. Her appearance normally kept men away - questioning her legality and age. If that didn't put them off then the childish giggling and gameplays would certainly turn them off, so Rosa takes extra care to sound mature, adult and educated around those she finds handsome.

History:
Rosa's childhood revolved around the sea - her family lives just outside Logue Town, along the coast. Her father was a fisherman, so naturally she spent a lot of time in and around the sea. She was enthusiastic, but more of a hindrance than a help. Her father always greeted her support with a smile, encouraging her love of the sea.

When Rosa reached the age of 16 she started to look for boating jobs. She needed the excitement of sailing the open ocean once again, she was willing to do anything to get aboard a ship. Despite her passion, however, she was never accepted in to a crew. Rosa was always deemed to fragile, too weak, too child-like to help a busy ship. Her father watched as his daughter came home every night, a face full of disappointment. Nothing he said could raise her spirit, month by month her enthusiasm crumbled - until the day of the execution.

"This is the end of the King Pirates, but it's not the end of piracy! No, it's just the beginning! You want fame? You want treasure? You want land? You want freedom? You want One Piece? Go out and take it! The world is open to you!"

The day of the execution; Rosa's passion stirred again, the sparkle of life returning to her pale green eyes. Her father stood by her at the execution ground, both paid their respects to Alexander "Throne" Sivers. Neither spoke a word as they watched his final moments, the only interaction was a comforting hand on his daughters shoulder.

Returning home later that evening, after a solemn walk around town, Rosa found there was nobody home; her parents were out. Sat upon the kitchen table was a large, peculiar fruit.

"A gift," the note from her father said, Rosa quickly took the first bite - but realising how disgusting the fruit was quickly threw it away. Her abilities are still new, she still doesn't fully understand how her devil fruit power works.

Devil Fruit/Equipment/Weapon: Fuwa Fuwa no Mi - this devil fruit allows objects to float, after being touched by Rosa. Once airborn they can be moved telekinetically, this power can also be used on Rosa herself. Rosa is not limited by the mass of an object, however she is unable to levitate large objects (over 5mx5m) and her power has no effect on living things.
Goal/Dream: To find true love - to be accepted as an adult.
Other/Quirks: Rosa is incredibly small and child like, she often acts this way to get what she wants. She can change from her child like personality to strict, rather angry adult very quickly.
Current Bounty: $0
Old November 7th, 2013 (05:41 AM).
The Awakened
Crystal Tier

So far, Magic Fox, I really like it. Obviously, you just need to flesh personality and history out a bit. But other than that, you are in excellent shape.

EDIT: Excellent. Just 600 something episodes left to go and you are all caught up.

Paired with the manly SV
Old November 7th, 2013 (07:49 AM).
Furude
ModeratorEO

That's my first post done. Any of you guys can feel free to run into Skellen if you want otherwise I'll just have him keep evading the marines (and of course, keep running into more trouble).

On another note, I figured it would probably be okay to kill off some random corrupt marine in the first post, but if there's a problem with that let me know.

Pairs
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links