Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 14th, 2013 (05:19 PM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Lord Sephear:
Well now the only mention of magic is that at some point his family wanted to collect any magical items they could actually find, Hrimnir is just elegant and it's emerald is just decorative.
If that's finally changed, then I can say that you are accepted.

Quote originally posted by Zeta Dimentio:
Ah? Perhaps I shall sign up for this as well. I shall attempt to get one in within the next couple hours.
Right! The last place has been reserved for you.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 14th, 2013 (05:31 PM).
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet
Okay so I have finally finished my SU. Click here for the link to my post with my SU.

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old November 14th, 2013 (05:42 PM).
<Challenger>
One lean, green, fighting machine

Nature: Jolly
I'm sorry, but I think I'm gonna drop my reservation. I can't think of a character, and other people could fill my spot more proficiently. Sorry about that, Dusk.
Old November 14th, 2013 (06:18 PM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Quote originally posted by roen52:
Okay so I have finally finished my SU. Click here for the link to my post with my SU.
Your character is accepted!

Quote originally posted by heretostay123:
I'm sorry, but I think I'm gonna drop my reservation. I can't think of a character, and other people could fill my spot more proficiently. Sorry about that, Dusk.
That's quite alright, I'll take you off the roster.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 14th, 2013 (10:13 PM).
Serperion
The Fallen King

@Dusk Lunacy did you want me to re-submit my SU sheet? or is there something I need to edit?

Should Beauty ever be my best feature I would simply die
Old November 15th, 2013 (12:50 AM).
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Oh my, there are quite a few of these. Though I have had this character in mind so, why not.

Spoiler:
Name: Ashley
Nickname: Bookworm, Shut-in (both derogatory)
Sex: Female
Race: Kokiri

Strength: 4 (+0)
Resistance: 3 (+0)
Dexterity: 6 (+1)
Speed: 6 (-1)
Knowledge: 6 (+2)

Fairy Name: Belle
Fairy Sex: Female
Fairy Appearance: One generally sees a green ball of light with the wings befitting a fairy floating behind.

Fairy Personality: Belle is not a particularly strong-willed fairy. She's very shy and tends to hide when people notice her. She's not a bad fairy, even having some decent advice, but a lot of the time she tends to be unnoticed to Ashley. Even when she gets mad, she's not the best with grabbing attention. She kind of looks up to Ashley in a way, mainly due to her own self-pride, whether it is deserved or not. Sometimes she decides to fly around the house at night, when the rest of the Kokiri are asleep. When she's alone, she tends to be more loud-spoken.

Personal Skill(s): If there are two things she's proud in, it's her intelligence and her dexterity. The former letting her stand out among her peers and giving her the ability to call off facts she read about, yet she's also not bad at observing situations, and the latter being good with her hands to handle things she might need some more fine control in.

Personal Fault(s): She has a fairly large ego about her intelligence and when someone outsmarts her, she tends to lose her temper. She's also fairly slow in comparison to other Kokiri due to her not playing around as much

Skill: She moves around pretty silently.

Fighting Style: She's not particularly the best fighter. She can kind of use a knife. Kind of. But in more practical terms, she tends to try to retreat from battle more often than not.

Appearance: She herself is fairly pale, as expected from someone who doesn't go out much. She has dark brown eyes, usually half open and with bags under them. Her hair is a dark green that she ties back into a ponytail that starts at the base of the neck and goes down to her mid-back. Her ears are long and pointed, as expected from a Kokiri, though they tend to droop down. Her frame is fairly thin, not having taken the best care of her body. She has scars on her hands, though they're rather small and pale. Her height is 4'7 and her weight is around 76 pounds.

She wears a long-sleeved green shirt that seems a size too big for her, with baggy tan pants held on by a rope. Her shoes are brown as well, though they look like they've been patched up several times. She sometimes also wears a dark green cloak over her current wear, generally when it's cold out. She also has a necklace made of string and wood, with three letters etched on to it. 'E A L'. There's no importance, she just picked them at random.

When going outside, she sometimes puts on make up to make herself seem like she's older. Like a mature Hylian she's seen in the drawings on one of the books she found. Not entirely elderly, though she tries to make herself look about in her 40s.

Personality: Even since she was given life, she was drawn away from simple playtime and frolic, instead opting to spend her time reading books that the village had. She's really into reading books, and is generally annoyed with the nicknames that came out of it. She likes to spend time alone in her home, reading throughout the night, even at the cost of sleep. As such, she tends to accumulate knowledge.

However, with this knowledge, she began to obtain a bit of an ego. She kind of thinks herself better than other Kokiri due to her being able to rattle out facts she absorbs from her books. While she doesn't like to have confrontations, she does at times like to stroke her own ego around other people, and when they either ignore or taunt her, she tends to get annoyed with that, too. Though if they actually do listen and don't actually do anything negative, she tends to go home in victory. However, despite her ego, she does try to treat Belle with some kind of respect and niceness. Even comforting her when she gets scared. She does wonder why she was assigned to such a fairy, but does give it her all in treating her well. As well as she can, anyway.

She views herself as the most mature of the Kokiri, so she tends to make makeup to make herself even look the most mature. She likes to view herself as the Great Sage of the Kokiri when she looks at herself in a mirror, and she thinks this make up job makes her even look the part to other people, not realizing that to the other Kokiri, it looks kind of ridiculous.

History: She was born approximately two and a half centuries ago, still during a time of peace. Even back then she was a loner, though she had a habit of disappearing into the forest to search for the belongings of those lost in the forest. Some of the children even call her kind of creepy with her doing that so often, and even coming back with results! Though she never left the forest, still afraid of the Deku Tree's tales of the world outside, though every once in a while, she did wonder what was beyond the borders. What uncharted lands existed beyond the treeline.

Those times were peaceful and though it was mildly dangerous, she managed to move around well enough to avoid from getting too hurt. Until one day she was attacked. She managed to get away without getting too hurt, but that inspired her to try to learn to defend herself a bit. After the attack, she made it back and found out the terrible news. The Great Deku Tree fell ill. This news, while it was devastating, inspired her to try to find an answer in the books she has. She didn't visit the Great Deku Tree with the other kids, but did tend to come by fairly often. Partially to show her support and to see what's wrong with him.

No matter what, she came up with nothing. And she couldn't go out very often to gather more books as the monsters were too numerous for her, even after some practice with a knife. She was at a loss, and this infuriated her. She was so used to having answers that this was a new, and terrible, experience for her. Due to her studies, though, she stayed inside more.

However, one day, she was approached with an offer. To go on a journey to help stop the evils infesting the entire land. She was torn on whether to stay or not, but decided to go. Even if she is kind of scared of the consequences of stepping outside, both her curiosity for the outside, and the desire to learn how to do something about this condition were too tempting for her to pass up. She accepted the offer after a little while. She packed up, taking a few books as well as some makeup and provisions to survive. Not to mention backup clothes.

Password: Nayru
Old November 15th, 2013 (07:48 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
Haha, people please hurry up, your ridiculously slow in getting your SU's returned.
P.S-As soon as the IC goes up I may end up filling a whole page. Sorry in advance.
Old November 15th, 2013 (08:56 AM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Serperion: Yes, if you would. Just keep a few things in mind: Leaving the character's respective homeland is far too dangerous, and generally characters must start off with little skill in fighting or survival. You were making a Gerudo, correct?

Zeta: I would've said "No, no more Kokiri!" but you made this one exceptionally well. Accepted. However, I shudder to imagine the terrifying result of a 12-year-old that attempts to look like a 40-year-old.

Crimson: I would not recommend that.

Note: The 15th is here, and the reserves who did not make it have been dropped. New reserves will take priority over completed sign-ups. ~Genevieve~ and Serperion have reservations through the 20th. It looks like I'll be capping races at two (with Kokiri having three) so Kokiri and Hylians are now off the choices.

Old November 15th, 2013 (10:27 AM).
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Heh. I figured, but I also really liked the character idea so I wanted to roll with it. Thank you for accepting me anyway.
Old November 16th, 2013 (09:17 PM).
Ponysaur94

Nature: Impish
Sorry for my very long delay. Got overwhelmed with RL. If I could maybe reapply or get on a waiting list?

I removed Karina's involvement in the defense of Hyrule Castle and emphasized her lack of experience as a warrior.

Spoiler:
Name: Karina Fletcher
Nickname:
Sex: Female
Race: Hylian

Strength: 5 (+1)
Resistance: 4 (+1)
Dexterity: 6 (+0)
Speed: 4 (+1)
Knowledge: 6 (+0)

Personal Skill(s): Swordplay, Horseback riding, Keen hearing
Personal Fault(s): Lacks experience, Has a hard time trusting other races, terrified of the dark

Skill:
Fighting Style: Very aggressive, yet also a very fluid fighter

Appearance: Karina has the traditional blonde hair, fair complexion, and pointed ears of the Hylian people. She is fairly well built, though could be considered on the slim side. She prefers to wear her fathers knight uniform, to honor his service to the king, along with a tan or grey cloak.

Personality: Karina is a proud young Hylian woman with a bubbly attitude. She loves adventure, and hopes to see all of Hyrule with her own eyes one day. In contrast to her usually bright personality though, she becomes very serious and almost somber when the war becomes the topic of conversation. She has a downright hatred for any creatures out of the ordinary, and is even occasionally bothered by the sight of the friendly, yet less human looking races found in Hyrule. But after the original shock can can come to respect and even befriend them if they can prove they are trustworthy.

History: Karina was born and raised in Castle Town by her father Urial Fletcher, a member of the Knights of Hyrule. He was the kings protector and was considered one of the most courageous men in the entire kingdom. Karina and her father shared an inseparable bond as she grew into maturity. The men around Hyrule Castle even began to call her Urial's shadow. She was always watching him and following his lead, with him readily teaching her everything from fencing to arming a crossbow.

Karina had a happy childhood growing up with her father as a role model. She loved wielding a sword and shield, and riding on horseback. She always daydreamed of going on adventures and exploring the land of Hyrule as she ran around the castle grounds slashing her wooden sword through the air.

As Karina got into her teens, she began to ask her father about her mother. For as far back as she could remember, Karina could never recall anything about her. But her father refused to discuss about her mother. All he would ever say was that he and Karina's mother had had an argument and that she had moved far away. This explanation was never good enough for the young girl though, and she often wondered if she resembled her mother, because she certainly didn't resemble her father, a tall, gruff looking man.

A radical change took place in Karina's life when news got out that war was brewing. Her father started disappearing for extended periods of time, then popping back up briefly at the Fletcher's home in Castle Town for a warm meal. As her father's visits home became less and less frequent, she began to realize that that something terrible was happening outside the kingdom. She saw the regular cheer of her fathers presence slowly fade away as time passed. Soon, he barely said a word to her before he was out the door again into the cold darkness of the night.

Eventually, her father stopped showing up altogether. Months passed, and no word returned from the Hylian Knights that had marched south to battle. Karina, the once bubbly and excitable girl, became stricken with grief. For the longest time, Karina simply stayed inside her home, it's empty rooms mocking her. To take her mind off of her father, she began to roam the Hylian fields outside of Castle Town . Karina wanted to be the one to find out what had happened to her father.

Late one day, as the setting sun crept closer and closer to dusk, Karina dragged herself back to Castle Town after an afternoon spent near the eaves of Kokiri Forest. As she made her way over a steep hill which lead into the valley where the kingdom lay, she spotted great clouds of smoke rising into the sky. Pushing herself quickly to the edge of the hill, she came upon a truly horrific sight.

Castle Town burned with a scorching blue flame. Its protecting walls of stone were crumbled and cracked, and the drawbridge was skewed off its hinges. Karina ran to the city as fast as she could, side stepping large heaps of smashed brick as she went. Karina nearly squealed with fright at what she found past the gate. Bodies of travelers and citizens laid scattered around the town square. The gray pathways now were stained crimson by blood.

The most horrific thing to Karina though, was that she could picture the laughter and music of this court from not mere days before. How could such evil transpire in such short of time? She hurried up to Hyrule Castle, which looked to have sustained damage as well. Karina found the remaining townspeople and the kings royal guard just outside the gates. The women and children trembled and scurried around nervously while the man sat with a sad hopelessness in there eyes. The war that her father had fought to protect her from had just come home.
Old November 17th, 2013 (06:26 AM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Considering your Sign-up is almost done, you should be able to get spot with a completed sign-up, considering new reserves don't take them all before you finish. That said, I saw only one or two more flaws in it: Traveling the Hyrule Fields, and the lowered drawbridge/decimated Castle Town. Even at this point, Ganon's monsters roam the fields, meaning Karina would be immediately toasted if she left. On top of this, the drawbridge hasn't lowered for a long while, only to let soldiers in and out. At this point, Hyrule is divided due to the freakishly deadly world outside of each respective race's home. The Hylians take refuge in Castle town and a few rogue townplaces scattered throughout, if they are able to keep the town protected. Kakariko Village is still in one piece, though they are reluctant to let anyone in or out. This goes for the Death Mountain gate as well, which only opens for the rare visits/visitors to/from Death Mountain, the Gorons, who otherwise are isolated on their mountain. Kokiri forest is still safe due to the Great Deku Tree's powers, but that power is fading slowly but surely. Lon Lon Ranch barely stands, but those who live there (often older, grizzled warriors) defend the gate in exchange for the food, drink and hospitality the Ranch provides. Gerudo desert is dangerous (moreso with the monsters roaming it) but the Gerudo people are safe in their own fortress. Zoras are safe in the water, either Lake Hylia or the Zora's Domain. However, Lake Hylia still has beasts on land, making it a less popular choice of residence by far.

Old November 20th, 2013 (12:36 PM).
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
Finished my sign up for Aquamarine.
Old November 20th, 2013 (09:49 PM).
Serperion
The Fallen King

Sorry DuskLunacy but I'm gonna have to quit the SU and everything stuff has come up and it would take up too much time, but best of luck to everyone else and have fun!

Should Beauty ever be my best feature I would simply die
Old November 22nd, 2013 (05:24 AM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Serperion: That's alright, I'll take you off the list.

Genevieve: You're accepted, though instead of there being a messenger, you could say the note was just lying there or in a tree or something. Messengers would be incredibly inconvenient considering dark monsters roam all over Hyrule.

Reserves will be irrelevant now; any players past this point will get a place by having an accepted sign-up, quality over timing. Since we have 6 characters now, I may post the IC within a few days.

Old November 26th, 2013 (09:24 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

When will the IC be up? or don't tell me it IS up
Old November 27th, 2013 (09:16 AM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

I'll be posting it once it's done. I've been handling a lot of personal stuff this last week, so my life's kinda scrambled right now.

Old November 27th, 2013 (09:27 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Same here! Got soo much English assignments, really, got to analyse a piece of text for devices AND write a 5-6 page story, (hehe I've already kinda given up and asked Daisuke Mitsuharu for some help )
Old November 28th, 2013 (08:29 AM).
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
Gen here I got a name change
Old November 28th, 2013 (08:37 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

As did I Crimson0191 in case you couldn't tell.
Old November 28th, 2013 (08:46 AM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Yeah, I got you guys. No worries!

Hopefully the IC goes up soon.

Old December 3rd, 2013 (09:13 AM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Roen52 and Purple-Hued Vulture need to post soon, or they will be dropped from the RP. You guys have a few days, so try and get on it.

Old December 3rd, 2013 (04:18 PM).
Mystify
I'm so spooky

I apologize for the delay! I've posted now.
Old December 4th, 2013 (06:42 AM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

You can't die on us like last time, Purple! You're too valuable!

Like... Fine China!

Old December 4th, 2013 (07:43 PM).
Mystify
I'm so spooky

Quote originally posted by Dusk:
You're too valuable!

Like... Fine China!
Hahaha I don't know about that! I'm certain I won't die though.
Old December 5th, 2013 (11:25 AM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

EVERYONE is fine china here!

Like, at /least/ a few red rupees.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links