Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page [Other] One Piece: The Golden Age (IC) Rated T

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old November 24th, 2013 (07:52 PM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

Nature: Brave
Shadow
The dark figure stood and watched Leon with silent patience. The large man moved around restlessly, and the shadow felt sympathy for him. The shadow lacked vocal cords, but could do much of what his owner could. The shadow felt Leon's dream get worse, and wondered what it was about. Leon had hidden away the personality of the shadow deep within his mind. His shadow was the physical embodiment of a shut away emotion, one that valued life and felt sympathy for all.

Leon began to thrash and kick wildly at the air. The shadow had confiscated the man's weapons in anticipation of this. Still, it knew what would come next, and attempted to restrain the man. The shadow felt the dream get worse and worse, this was highly unusual to it, and it began to worry about the crew. It restrained Leon fairly easy, but then Leon did something even more unusual. He dismissed the shadow.

Leon
I was standing at the gallows, chained up and a noose around my neck. I knew I had been captured, and I was ready to die with dignity. Then I saw that wretched captain appear in the crowd, holding the hand of my daughter with an evil smile. I broke free from my captors, unwilling to die, and tried to force my way forward. Several guards held me back as the vile man walked away with her. "Begone!" I yelled and the guards disappeared. I charged through the crowd, all of them panicking and screaming.

Real world
Leon's body was unconsciously doing what Leon was in his dreams. He would run foreword until he his a wall, and then turn until he hit another. Eventually he made it out of the area he was in, and onto the hall areas of the ship. Any crew members he came across were pushed aside as he charged around the ship. Occasionally he would trip, causing him to roar loudly. He charged out on deck and almost ran off the side of the ship roaring, but he was stopped when a splash of seawater to his face caused a reaction from his body to stop.

He crashed down onto the deck of the ship, sobbing while calling the name "Leona" over and over. He was still deep asleep, reaching out for the sky.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old November 24th, 2013 (08:18 PM).
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Bass - You know... hanging around

His ears twitched as he heard the voices underneath him. Loud voices, obnoxious voices that simply made him groan and wrap his wings tighter around his body. His ears flattened down as far as they could go. yet he still heard them. That was the curse of having sensitive ears though, you always were aware of something going on and the fact that it was bright and sunny wasn't helping him reach the throngs of sleep. He found himself every so often managing to drift off to sleep for a few seconds before something new would wake him up. He had managed to drift to sleep thankfully as the voices drowned out and apparently everyone went off deeper into the sleep. He quickly fell into his natural slumber and resumed his snores. Hanging from his feet always gave him a relaxed feeling. It was natural and it also helped to straighten out his back.

As he slept there his sleep was disturbed once more. He could hear a conversation up ahead and he let out a weak sigh. He opened one sleep deprived eye and opened his wings just a bit.

“Not eating with the others? Aren’t they all down in the galley?”

Bass easily recognized Morgan's voice and he let out a weary sigh and flapped his wings a bit. "How can you guys avoid sleep?" He murmured while he rubbed at his eyes and yawned. He stretched his wings a bit and then let them hang down. He knew he had heard something in his sleep... something important. Problem was that he could quite remember it now. He crossed his arms and frowned while he thought for a bit. It then hit him like a thunderbolt.

"Well, it'll be a few days before we reach Reverse Mountain and get into the Grand Line..."

Kuzo's words... days!?

Bass shuddered a bit, but did his best to repress his fear as he let go of the crow's nest and spread his wings and flapped in mid air, "Morgan, will it really take days to get to the Reverse Mountain... whatever that is? H-How many days?" He asked warily. He couldn't alarm them... not yet. No one could know. He knew that if they found out he would be kicked off the ship and while he could fly well enough, there was no land nearby! He would fall into the ocean and drown!

His thoughts were cut off when he glanced down and watched as that... that freak from the prison suddenly moving about. He looked down in bewilderment as the overly large monster ran out on deck clearly in some sort of berserk state. It didn't seem to last long as he quickly fell down and just stayed there. Bass gulped and looked over at Morgan. "Uh... Morgan? Is it against pirate law to throw someone off the deck? Look at that! Just... look at him! At the very least is it alright to chain someone up?" He looked back down again. "I saw him in the prison... he's strong... very strong... he just kept killing and killing..." Bass shuddered there in the air. "It's like... he's unstoppable."
Old November 24th, 2013 (09:25 PM). Edited November 24th, 2013 by Legend.
The Awakened
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely

Wright D. Morgan and Zoe Zane- Open Sea

“Hey, what’s with the third degree? Yeah, they’re all down in the galley,” she chided him and stabbed at him gently with the tip of her fork. “Maybe I just felt like getting some air, you don’t know my life. Besides, I wanted to bring you that plate. I owed you one,” mumbling she reached up and combed some stray hair that had begun to flitter in front of her eyes. The wind was strong up here, not as strong as flying the currents, but strong for her human form.

“What about you? Yeah, the view is killer, but I’ve seen better. I mean, you don’t want to come and meet everyone else?” Zoe looked over at him, taking another bite and chewing thoughtfully as she studied his face for any trace of truth. He seemed like he would be a good liar, she doubted she would ever really get his true story.

"I don't intend to get attached," Morgan said rather bluntly, stuffing his face with the food without giving Zoe a look. He paused for a moment, swallowing the mouthful of food, as he collected his thoughts. He wondered if it was worth even continuing the conversation at this point, but he could take a guess that Zoe would pester him with questions. She already did, whether she intended to or not. So, he figured he would have to. Morgan would have to answer one way or another. "I've...I've traveled alone for a while. I'm not exactly the crew type. Not anymore. I am honored that Kuzo would consider me for his crew, but I am leaving the first chance I get."

“Oh, I’m Morgan, I don’t want to get attached!” Zoe deepened her voice, trying to get it to match Morgan’s as she mocked him playfully. “I don’t want to get close with anybody, god forbid I make a friend.” She sat down next to him and continued eating in silence after that, reflecting on his words and really thinking about them. It didn’t necessarily sound like somebody who hated people, but somebody who lost them.

“So what’s the deal?” She spoke up again, kindly this time, more kindly than she had probably spoken with him before. “I don’t mean to be insensitive, well, I do at times, but not always. You lose somebody? Lover leave you? Parents? I know, you watched your parents get murdered in front of you in a dark alley and ever since then you’ve sworn yourself to a life of vigilantism?” She was obviously joking on the last one, her tone light and jovial. Morgan seemed so serious all the time, even when he acted all flirtatious, there didn’t seem like real fun behind those words.

Morgan just stared at out at the ocean, before raising his head to the clouds. He just stayed there, fixated on a cloud that looked like a little ship. He imagined that Zoe (and many others) pegged him for an angst ridden teenager with anger issues. A man with reckless abandon who cared little for his life. The funny thing is...they weren't completely wrong. "I don't expect you to understand," Morgan said with a frustrated sigh. "So..." Morgan couldn't bring himself to finish the thought. He just dropped his head down and stared at the floor before raising his fork for one last bite.

“Yeah, totally…The orphaned dragon girl wouldn’t understand about attachment issues. Her best friend just happens to be a parrot that she left behind and will not see again for a long time.” She shut up and just pushed the leftovers around her plate with the fork. “How dare I assume to understand that,” she said sarcastically. “Whatever. You want to keep it to yourself, that’s your business. You do what you want, that’s obviously what you’re good at.” Standing up and looking out over the water again, she sighed and thought about just leaving him there, but she didn’t want to seem childish and be one who ran away from things. So, she groaned and just leaned against the crow’s nest, getting comfortable and adjusting her stance, still unsure about the movement of the waves beneath her feet.

"Heh," Morgan chuckled. "Maybe you would then, but that would assume you want to hear the story." He said rather bluntly before looking over at her, making eye contact for the first time in the entire conversation.

She got resilient in her posture, almost as if he had challenged her with his words. Staring him down and holding her ground, she put her hands her hips and smiled. “Go ahead, lay it on me.”

Morgan considered sparing the details, much like he did with Leon. Truthfully, the story was not one he enjoyed telling, but it was bound to come out sooner or later. Nor did he even want to tell the story to anyone. After all, the plan was to leave the crew and take the ship. "Well, you see this charm?" He asked, holding up the wristband. "It's a good luck charm. I never thought anything of luck. I thought it was a bunch of crap, really. I used to think that we were in control of lives. That...that we had free will. But, no. No, that's the crap that they feed us instead."

Morgan stared at the charm for a moment. "I decided to become a pirate because of that, ya know? I wanted to get out and travel the world. Experience everything. Do anything. I didn't want anyone telling me otherwise. I wanted to live a truly free life. So I left home. I became a pirate. I saw how they live life without adhering to the rules. They did whatever they damn well pleased. I experienced that firsthand when some pirate crew raided my village. I was lucky to not lose anything. Only took me several years to realize that. I was too caught up in wanting to leave my island then. Damn, I was so stupid," Morgan paused again, trying to find the words to continue.

"I went from crew to crew, trying to find my place in the seas of the West Blue. Nothing really clicked until I find my place with the 'Falcon Pirates' led by a Captain Harper. I stayed with them for a few years, and learned so much. About sailing. About pirating. About living. Captain Harper was like a second father to me and the crew was a second family. There was a moment where I thought I was going to accomplish my dream with them. That I wouldn't have to spend the rest of my life trying so hard to pursue it. Instead, it would just come to me. But then..." Morgan stared at the ground again, bringing a hand to his face.

"But then...it happened. We were attacked by some random crew. Happened out of nowhere. Harper and the rest of the crew never stood a chance. In a panic, as the ship was going to go down, he stuffed some chest into my hands and pushed me overboard. I woke up hours later on some island in the middle of the ocean. I was so ready to fight alongside them. To die with them. But there I was...on an island...with our last bit of treasure and living each and every day wondering why I am still alive. I am living on borrowed time, really. I ask myself every day: Why did Captain Harper choose me of all the men on that ship?" Morgan took another breath. "That treasure ended up being the devil fruit that gave me these powers. And I have relied on them ever since. They got me off the island. They got me a ship. They got me my revenge."

Morgan looked back at Zoe, his eyes holding a tinge of red amongst the green. "The fact I am here...it was all luck. I happened to be the one tossed off the ship. I happened to get a powerful devil fruit that got me off that island. I happened to get caught. And now I happened to get freed. It was all luck. Nothing was in my control. Free will is nothing but an illusion that we blind ourselves with."

Cocking an eyebrow, she listened to him in silence. Nodding in bits and only giving the occasional audible grunt acknowledgment to his words. Was he being truthful, or just stringing her along? She couldn’t tell and just decided to take it at face value.

“Damn, that sucks, Morgan” she finally said, her tone flat and a bit sad. “I mean, you can’t go around keeping that sh*t in! Don’t you know that it’s just going to put you in an early grave?” Zoe began to fidget, her hand thrumming on the hilt of rapier again. She felt uncomfortable, the way she always did when stuff like this got super serious. It all struck a bit close to home, maybe not exactly her home, but close. She was much more inexperienced and never had exposure to a crew of her own, her pain came from somewhere else.

“Hey, listen to me,” she spoke sternly all of a sudden. “I know I don’t know you that well. Hell, I know you less than I know a parrot. But trust me when I say, that talking about it is the only way to get better. Your little one man army thing isn’t going to help anyone.” Her tone was fiery but kind, how it was when she felt passionate about a topic.

“I’m sure that hurt a lot,” she mumbled, her gaze going back to the ocean, the ebb and flow of waves hypnotic in their way. “Being alone is one of the worst things you can do. I’ve only realized that not too long ago. I tried to run from issues, they don’t go away. They only haunt you until you die. It’s up to us to remove their power over us.”

Things fell silent again, an awkward silence taking over. She had a feeling their conversation was about to draw to an end. “Have you ever flown?” Her face lit up with an idea. "It is one of the best ways to clear your head, for me at least." She smiled at him, trying to lighten the mood a bit. “For the right price, I’ll consider taking you up one day. Maybe luck is real, maybe it isn’t. Wiser people than me could tell you. All I know, is that if we live our days not trying to make them better, than we are worse off for it. Luck be damned.”

"...Fly? No...I never did. I burnt down ships. That was a nice stress relief," Morgan tried to joke back, but it was a bit dark. Talking about that was never easy and part of him felt worse than before since now someone actually knew the story. Especially Zoe. She wasn't exactly the nicest person, but she listened so he had to be thankful. At least he had to try. "I'll consider the offer. Thanks," he said with a genuine smile. The first one he had in a while.

"Morgan, will it really take days to get to the Reverse Mountain... whatever that is? H-How many days?" A panicked voice said from the skies. It was Bass and Morgan rolled his eyes unconsciously, before looking back at him.

"No, it won't. Kuzo is just apparently really bad with navigation...and math, too it seems" Morgan answered plainly. He wasn't familiar with the area, but he would guess that Reverse Mountain was maybe a few hours away. No more than half a day's trip at the most.

Uh... Morgan? Is it against pirate law to throw someone off the deck? Look at that! Just... look at him! At the very least is it alright to chain someone up? I saw him in the prison... he's strong... very strong... he just kept killing and killing...It's like... he's unstoppable."

Morgan simply glared back at Bass. "We aren't throwing anyone overboard." Morgan looked down at Leon, vaguely remembering that Leon had his own set of issues and fondly remembering Zoe's advice. "He won't hurt us. He just needs to sort himself out. Give him time. And calm down, alright? Worst case, I'll keep ya alive."

Paired with the manly SV
Old November 24th, 2013 (11:25 PM).
Furude
Moderator, CS

Nature: Mild

Bridges L. Skellen

The Taipan

Skellen grinned cheerily back at the fishman, who he now knew was named Tunnak and hated being referred to as “Fishman” before responding to him
“Fair enough, I’m Skellen by the way and way to completely skirt around my question” he chuckled somewhat before continuing “if you intend to stay in here I strongly recommend getting very, very drunk. Because if you still have feeling in your body when someone inevitably knocks your tail it is going to hurt like hell and you’re going to wish I just let you bleed out.”

Taking the stool next to Tunnak and leaning back against the counter Skellen listened to Zoe’s account of her life prior to being a member of the crew, recognising the heroic tale as complete and utter bull but deciding that he would entertain himself by trying to work out the truth rather than calling her out on it.
Twenty men? Yeah, okay then. I’m guessing she’s never actually been in a serious fight in her life and is probably more a swindler than anything. Lying does seem to be her first instinct… Skellen laughed to himself, politely moving his feet in so she didn’t drop her plates everywhere.

Once Zoe had departed he spoke up more to the whole room, referring to both her and Tunnak when he spoke
“None of you are exactly forth coming with the truth, or at least information are you? Not a shock considering we’re a bunch of pirates I guess. Well just to be different I will be honest and forthcoming. My story is fairly simple. I was a happy little science geek, well more or less, living on this really beautiful island in the Grand Line called Eden. Then marines showed up in my village abused the community, extorted money from us and killed my parents who remained neutral throughout the entire thing. Hell, they even gave medical aid to marines who were injured in the rebellion as well as to rebels – something I admit I was against. Long story short, they killed mum and dad anyway so I either burned down or exploded all their ships and the majority of their base – enjoyed the show from this really comfy chair that was floating in the shallows, leftovers from a ship I assume, and then got the hell out of the Grand Line on account of “marines everywhere. Marines are not fond of terrorists who blow up their crap.” Since then I’ve been wandering around doing whatever I can to bring down the World Government. So yeah, basically I spent years poisoning people I don’t like.” The entire time Skellen spoke he spoke nonchalantly, still reclining lazily against the counter – not giving a hint that it actually hurt a fair bit to talk about the events on Eden.
– and now I’m going back into the Grand Line under the command of a mad man who can’t count and doesn’t realise it is only a few hours until we hit Reverse Mountain. Well done Skellen.

Skellen’s thoughts were interrupted by a loud noise. Not one of drunken revelry like in the Galley, but a loud crashing noise that sounded as though a feral beast had been unleashed on the deck.
“On that note” he called out cheerfully “I’m going to go see what that was. I do hope it’s Kiba trying to blow us up, I still owe him.” With that, Skellen grabbed a glass from Kuzo and walked back up to the deck.

Stepping back out into the sun he looked around, pinpointing the source of the noise pretty quick. The hulking white haired man, who seemed to have left his shirt back in Logue Town, was having some bizarre fit near the edge of the boat. Perhaps not making the wisest choice of his life, Skellen crossed the deck soon reaching the pirate.
“Sleep walking ey?” he asked nobody in particular, proceeding to prod his giant crew mate with his foot as he sipped his drink he added “come on, what’s the matter big guy? Bad Dream?”

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old November 25th, 2013 (05:09 AM).
強くなった
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Loki

Lotte & Vance: The Galley

As the others entered, Lotte began to subtly bounce in her seat from excitement, watching all the interesting characters from earlier file in and eat and drink their fill. She'd always been watching it, the way commoners ate and such, but until today she'd been an outsider to it all. She'd had to sit on the edges, watching the commotion in the middle-- but wasn't she apart of it right now? Maybe not in the middle, but they'd certainly included her earlier, and they wouldn't deny her familiarity now, would they?

But as she leaned forward excitedly to hear everyone's amazing tales of adventure and the world outside of her manor-- no even the world outside of her city, her kingdom, she felt a hand on her shoulder and she flinched at the unfamiliar sensation of being touched. Though her face wasn't repulsed or anything, she gave Vance a levelled look that showed a touch of bewilderment at his ease. His question however, drove the momentary disorientation from her as she processed what exactly 'talking over there' would entail.

"Eeeeehhh?" She began to whine, pouting hugely at him as she pointed to the others, "But I'll miss the stories!" ...... Shooting a torn look between Zoe and Vance, it was her glance towards Zoe that brought her attention back to a source of nagging discomfort for her. It was that fishman again...! With a detached glance at him, she finally pulled a sigh and puffed out her cheeks at Vance. "Okay, but only because you gave me your food." With that, she hopped off her stool, prancing off towards the corner with a light skip in her step as her grudge was instantly forgotten in lieu of curiousity of what Vance needed to say. Spinning around and clasping her hands behind her, she tilted her head to prompt him to say whatever it was he needed to say.

Vance switched between opening and closing his mouth everytime he was about to reply to her, but constantly being cut off by Lotte herself. As she finally skipped off to the corner, way more cheerfully than she'd seemed a moment ago, Vance let out a little sigh of exhasperation, shaking his head as he followed her.

Standing a little ways away from the other, Vance placed his hands on his hips, glancing a little to the side, trying to find the words. "Right, so... uhm, firstly, I wanna say that I'm sorry for bringing you into all of this. But... at first, we were just running from marines to prevent being locked in a cell for a day or something, and the next thing you know, we're being accused of being pirates alongside people like Morgan." Pausing a moment, he looked back up at Lotte, realizing that she probably had no clue who Morgan was. "... Uh, and he's a very infamous guy, so being associated with him would probably mean we'd have been locked up forever. And I didn't really want to do that to you, so I kind of felt I had to bring you on board here."

Lifting a hand to scratch the back of his neck slightly, Vance gave her a little smile. "But don't worry, I know Kuzo wants to go to the Grand Line, and... well, so do I, but before then, I'll take us to a nearby island and drop you off and you can get a ship to sail you home from there, so it'll be alright!" he finished with a bright smile.

Throughout his spiel, Lotte herself also had half a mind to cut in every now and then- but she kept her mouth sealed out of both manners and doubts as to what was his fault and what was hers. In the end, she switched her hands from behind to in front, lacing them neatly in front of her lap as she blinked at his smile.

"Hmmm..." Putting a finger to her chin, she stared up at the wooden roof-- the floor of the deck? And thought for a moment, "It's okay if I'm associated with him, because I won't get locked up or anything like that-- but for the other things too, you don't have to apologize." Nodding resolutely she mirrored his smile, "You suggested it, but I agreed to it, right? Everything is actually quite convenient for me as it is-- You don't have to drop me off! I'm just thinking of it as 'I got a little kidnapped', and it'll be fine that way."

"Whaaa-?" Vance replied, blinking several times while staring at Lotte in disbelief. She 'got a little kidnapped'? How would that -ever- work as an excuse for travelling with a bunch of pirates?! He raised a hand to scratch the back of his head in bewilderment, still looking a little unsure. "You... want to travel with us to the Grand Line? You know that Kuzo's probably planning on sailing around the world... right? He wants to find One Piece."

Lotte hesitated slightly, glancing down at the ground with her smile turning a bit sheepish, "Mmm, I want to, but... I don't know if it's okay...? Because I don't know how to fight, or cook, or navigate-- and I've only been on a ship for maybe a week at most..." Putting a hand on her cheek as she mused over the various circumstances, her eyes glanced over towards the captain who was listening to the others' speak of their tales. Newly determined, she pulled her arms up to her shoulders and clenched her fists, "... I can learn though! I want to see the whole world, as much as I can! So it'll be okay, right? Right??"

Lowering his gaze in thought, Vance stared at the floorboards, chewing on the inside of his cheek, raising his arms to fold them across his chest. What she said sounded so familiar to him. It sounded alot like how he'd sounded just a few years ago, and he knew how much it pained him to not be able to do what he wanted, rather than doing what his father wanted for him.

She wavered for a moment when he'd momentarily gone quiet-- was he going to say no? It wasn't going to work out that easily after all, was it? Even she knew she was different-- even from Zoe. It wasn't that she was a girl, or that she was smaller than everyone else. She was just... not meant to walk a path other than the one that she'd started off on at birth.

After another moment, he looked up at her again, a confident smile on his lips. "Of course it'll be okay, Lotte. You might not be able to fight or cook or navigate, but that's what you've got a crew for! I can't cook, but someone else clearly can! We're all here, as a team, working together to help each other get to our goals, right? So... as long as you have the determination to follow your captain to the end of the world, there shouldn't be any problem with you staying here. So tell me, do you have determination?!"

"...." Lotte's face registered surprise as he suddenly smashed her confidence that he would advise her to go home-- and brightened into a smile as she nodded vigorously, "Yes! I do, I want to go to the end of the world! If anything, I can do odd jobs, like clean or something! ... But I don't know how to do that either, but once I learn I can do it!"

Vance's smile turned into a bright grin as he unfolded his arms and placed one hand on his hip, raising his other hand in a fist into the air. "Then let's promise each other that we'll both get to see the end of the world and we won't stop until we have! And if we ever get in a fight, just stay down and let me handle it!" He was practically bursting with confidence as he moved his hand down to jab a thumb into his chest.

"Okay!" She agreed, throwing her hands into the air in answer to his fist, "And I promise I won't get in your way, either! .... Well no I don't promise that, but I'll try not to!" Laughing a little at that she stepped past him lightly, leaning towards the bar when she turned to look to him again, "So if it's OK, then lets go back! But you have to sit on my left, okay?" So there would be a proper buffer, between her and the fish-- ..... Lotte looked up when a sudden noise from above interuppted her thoughts, blinking as she glanced between the roof of the galley and Vance. "...?"

"Oh, su-" Vance managed to reply as he heard the roaring and stomping around up above, his brows raising in surprise as he tilted his head back to look upwards, looking down at Lotte again. "..." After a moment of silence, he glanced back to the exit of the galley and then over to the food and drinks laid out, almost feeling his heart break a little at having to abandon the food for now. "I'll... go see what's going on. You go enjoy yourself with the others." He finally said, offering her a smile.

As he moved towards the door, she quickly stepped in his way, eyes darting to notice that Skellen and Zoe had both left while they'd been talking, leaving only Kuzo and Tunnak behind. And there was no way she was sitting here with the latter. "It's okay!" She said disarmingly cheerfully, "I'll look- Mr. Doctor went up too so I'll be okay!" And without letting him say otherwise, she hurried out the door of the galley.

... Well, she won't hear any complaints from me. He thought as he turned back to the food, giving a bright grin and rubbing his hands together as he hurried over and hopped onto one of the barstools, quickly pooling himself a meal on a plate, which he hungrily started eating, quickly followed by a mug of beer offered by Kuzo. For now, he was more focused on getting food than talking to either of them, so they could wait.
Old November 25th, 2013 (07:34 AM). Edited November 25th, 2013 by Khawill.
Swaggins
Silver Tier

Following her trail of open doors, Lotte easily found her way back onto deck, finding the doctor already there and making a prognosis. A prognosis...? She blinked as he nudged the man Lotte had filed away as one of the largest members of the crew with his foot. Following Skellen's example, she also approaching without fear-- but less because she wasn't scared, and more because she simply didn't understand that perhaps now was a moment to be cautious. After all, what harm could a crying adult do? Plodding over and squatting beside the mountain of a man, she reached out a small hand and patting his head, she mused aloud to the doctor, "Maybe he's homesick...?"

Leon awoke slowly to the kicks of one of the crew members. "You got balls guy." He said tiredly to the fool kicking him. He looked around and saw he was on the deck of the ship, "Did I hurt anybody?" He asked slightly worried. His face was wet, and he figured it was because he got splashed by the ocean.

Skellen raised an eyebrow at the larger man's comment, completely disregarding his tone
"It's good to see you're familliar with male anatomy." he jibed lightly, taking another sip of his drink before continuing "No, nobody got hurt. We've all been out of reach enjoying ourselves whilst you go out of your mind. Mind explaining what this is all about?"

"Damn shadow couldn't keep me still." Even Leon didn't know exactly what happened, he always forgot such dreams after he awoke from them. "I should probably keep sleeping to a minimum." He sighed. He looked up at the girl who was also there. He sat himself up, "I'm not homesick."

"Not homesick?" Skellen thought to himself briefly "Perhaps just nut's then?"
Probably not advisable to continue provoking the very large, very dangerous, man. But then again, what the hell.
"You don't seem the type to be rolling around on the deck crying like an infant without either good reason or some kind of mental defect. Either way, if you're going to lose your mind every time you sleep I could always sedate you." Skellen continued to stand there casually, taking a sip of his drink every now and then, as he more or less mocked one of the most dangerous people on the boat a cheesy grin on his face.

Peering between the two men as they spoke, she withdrew her hand from Leon and propped her head up on her hands, cheeks squishing together slightly as her brain attempted to decipher what was going on. "....." Sleep problems? Sedation?? "... But sleep is important!" She piped up at last with a confident smile, "I know exactly what you need Mr. Muscles-" And though she was speaking to Leon, she looked at Skellen, "A warm glass of milk before bed, don't you think Mr. Doctor?"

"The sedative thing sounds safer." Leon said, "You said I was crying? What was I crying?" Leon looked at the girl and noticed how really young she was. He wondered why she was even here, but didn't say anything.

"What were you crying?" Skellen couldn't help but enjoy himself a little, even if he was risking having his head hammered in by a fist about the same size as it "Tears I assume, unless of course you're so full of vodka that it's leaking from your eyes... which could explain the crying I guess." Finishing the drink and tossing the glass mindlessly behind him he knelt down next to the girl, looking the giant before them up and down.
"I'm gonna just guess that a big guy like you probably isn't going to complain about me jabbing you with something sharp before bed every night. So I'll see if I can come up with something strong enough to knock a bear like you out, should be easy enough if it goes straight into your blood stream. Oh yeah... I'm Skellen by the way" he added, now looking at the girl "so you can stop with the "Mr. Doctor" thing... and never suggest milk as a rememdy for anything again unless the problem is a lack of calcium."

Leon came to her defense, "Milk has protein." He growled

Lotte pointed to Leon's statement, happily bouncing on the balls of her heels as though her point had been proven to the no-fun doctor. "See, see?" Not that she was at all aware what protein was, or what purpose it served. Perhaps she would've pouted at being denied her nickname for Skellen, but the fact that her solution had been defended and seen as even mildly useful (or at least she was under the impression that that was the conclusion at hand) had put the displeasure from her mind as she pointed back to herself, "Okay Mr. Doctor, I'm Lotte!"

"Yes and how will protein help you sleep?" Skellen responded rolling his eyes "should be careful you know, if you argue with me I might make your sedative a suppository." He chuckled to himself, leaning back on his hands.
"Seriously... enough with the Mr. Doctor, I'm an assassin... okay maybe I'm also a doctor but knock it off."

"I've killed a few assassins in my day." Leon pondered, "A lot of them tried to poison me." He didn't know what suppository was, but he did know what he would do if he got poison instead of a sedative. "I'll either call you doc or ass, you can pick which one." He sighed and looked at the girl, "Why are you on this ship, you can't be much older than my daughter."

Suppo-- supo... super.....???? Lotte's brow furrowed and she stared at Skellen with a bewildered expression. This guy used a lot of big words. "Milk is milk." She said, with a tone of finality that essentially said her brain was now shut off towards all other considerations that might excercise her thoughts, "And...." She put her chin in her hands again, giggling mischievously as she experimentally tacked on a new nickname, "Mr. Assassin? .... Nope, that's not as cute as Mr. Doctor." Putting her hands on her knees now as she looked to Leon, "Hm? Oh, mmmm.... I was kidnapped, a little! But it's okay, because Vance is with me!"

"You too?" Skellen laughed "because I'm pretty sure me and the guy that sounds like a wall with vocal cords technically kidnapped the girl being all loner over there. I'm not entirely sure how that happened, she was supposed to be a false hostage so I could get away from a - wait? Do neither of you really know what a suppository is?"

"Milk is milk." Lotte repeated simply.

"... Why do I get the feeling I'm going to be the only one on this ship capable of doing anything requiring thought?.. No offence I mean."

"Killing is thoughtless." Leon added in.

"Thoughtless? I put a lot of work into killing people!"

"Killing people is bad!"

"That depends on whom you're killing and why... you didn't get assasin either did you?"

"Killing is killing." Leon said, "Is it true you got kidnapped?"

Lotte pouted at that, "Of course I know what an assassin is! I'm not stupid!"

"That remains to be seen quite frankly... I kinda get the feeling neither of you are exactly avid chess players."

In the meantime, she glanced over at Leon and tilted her head, "Yeah, sort of. I mean, I wanted to come, but I'm technically not allowed to be here, so I'm sort of kidnapped, you see?"

Skellen continued undaunted by the subject change "-So not only is this boat Kidnappers R' Us, it is also full of simpletons - except me of course - interesting. At least you two can probably count...Kuzo seems to still be working on that."

"So you were taken from your parents?" Leon growled, slowly getting angrier.

Lotte shook her head, "No, I came to Loguetown by myself-- my father would never let me leave. But I want to see the world!" She babbled excitedly, oblivious to Leon's displeasure, "This is the first time I've ever been outside of the kingdom!"

"Not so sure that's case with her" Skellen mubmled under the main coversation, gensturing briefly to Rosa in the distance. "Oops..."

"How old are you Lotte?" Leon growled. He was getting angrier each time the doc talked.

"Seventeen!" She announced proudly.

"That's physically... mentally I'm banking on about ten. It's all good though, laws work on physical age... wait I'm a pirate what do I care?"

Shooting Skellen a pout, Lotte let out a small 'hmph' as she retorted, "Boys learn different things! I bet you can't even knit a scarf, thank you very much!"

"I'm somewhat familliar with other needles I admit, but if you told me how it would be eas - big guy you look like your head is about to explode." He said, finally taking note of Leon's growing rage.

"I'm going to kill the kidnapper." He growled, "Tell me who took you on this ship!"

"Well if you want to be technical, there's three kidnappers on this ship and I don't really recommend trying to kill me... not that it was Lotte who I got stuck on... actually I have no idea what we're calling this ship but you get the point."

She furrowed her brow, pout now directed at Leon as she repeated, "Killing is bad!"

"That's part of being a pirate." Leon replied back, failing to speak calmer to her, "Do you know how to defend yourself? What about shoot a gun? Can you run or hide!?"

"I'm guessing no..."

"Nope!" She answered, pausing for a moment, "Oh but I can hide just fine. Besides, like I said earlier, I have Vance! He's my bodyguard you see. But even if he wasn't here, I'd be okay. I don't ever get hurt." she held up two victory signs with her hands, smiling at Leon and Skellen.

"And if he dies doing that, are you prepared to lose that? Are you prepared to see true loss?!" Leon was seething now, his words were like roars.

"Well since you're apparently going to kill him I guess we'll find out." Skellen chirped, completely unperterbed by the larger mans anger.

"....???" Lotte frowned now, getting to her feet, "But Vance won't die, because I'm here! I don't get hurt, so it's fine. It's magic, so it's okay- and besides, everyone else here is strong too, so it's fine!" She was more convincing herself at this point- she'd just talked to Vance about whether it was okay for her to tag along after all. And here Leon was, trying to convince her that it wasn't. "It's fine, right Skellen?" She rounded on the doctor, pouting and putting her hands on her hips.

"I don't particularly care what you do." Skellen shrugged at the impetuous girl "Although i must say your ignorance of just about everything on the face of the Earth is somewhat amusing. Magic you say? Care to explain?" Skellen looked at Leon before adding "Also, if you're going to go on a rampage can you get it over and done with? The suspence is killing me."

Leon realized what she meant by magic, "You ate a devil fruit!?" He roared. "Where is Vance now?!"

"That would make sense..."

"???" Lotte's face spelled out pure confusion as Leon began to shout, and she covered her ears, ignoring him in the meantime in favor of answering Skellen's calmer inquiry, "I just don't get hurt. Of course, I don't get hurt because if I get hurt then whoever did it goes away forever, but then father says I won't get hurt even if I do get hurt." At that, she turned to Leon, "I didn't eat anything like that!"

Leon grabbed the collar of the doc, "Tell me ass, where is this Vance? Tell me!" Leon wasn't planning on hurting anybody, but he hardly planned anything.

Skellen was hardly surprised by Leon grabbing him at this point, and as such remained perfectly calm.
"I don't have the slightest idea. Now if you don't mind -" Skellen whirled, allowing him to slip from the giant's grasp "I want to test a theory. Don't move" he added to Lotte, not that she was going to have the opportunity. Skellen grabbed her wrist lifting her arm, and moved to draw a scalpel he had withdrawn from within his coat across her skin -

Leon grabbed the doc's arm growling, "What do you plan on doing?" He said with a low grow, "Continue with that action and it will be swimming."

Lotte yanked her wrist back, to no avail against Skellen's grasp as her hackles raised in response to the evident threat. Her hand waved like a fish out of water, trying to smack the doctor's face as her indignant voice protested to his brutish designs, "Hey!! Who do you think you are, grabbing a lady like that?! And even if I don't get hurt, it still hurts so don't!!"

Skellen blinked at Leon, a faux confusion on his face
"Um... I'm going to cut her hand open and see if she bleeds what does it look like I'm doing?" he asked, still perfectly calm despite the rather strong grasp on his arm "Lotte, you're a pirate now, not a lady, hate to disappoint you. Besides, I think it is perfectly clear at this point I really have no interest in social conventions. Now -" he returned his gaze to Leon "please let go of my hand before I have to escape myself. That would be a waste of effort for something no bigger than a paper cut."
What happened to the good old days when people trusted doctors...?

"She's not a pirate." Leon growled, "and you are an ass, not a doc."

"I'm not a pirate!" She echoed, though her eyes were glittering at the prospect of becoming one. But in just a moment she began to wave her hand about in Skellen's grasp, "And don't fight you two!!" Her hand twisted to point at Skellen, "You don't point sharp things at me!" Her hand twisted towards Leon, "And you don't bully Vance!"

"I'm sorry." Leon said, suddenly calmer, "Tell me Lotte, how did Vance like the food?"

"Cue "last meal" pun" Skellen commented still withing Leon's grasp "that's what I'd do anyway. Although, I'm kinda thinking puns aren't your thing..."

Lotte crinkled her nose at Leon, "The food? That Zoe made? Vance and I were talking earlier, so neither of us have eaten anything since Loguetown-- why? I just said not to bully him, okay!"

"I think we might be a ways passed bullying at this point you know" Skellen again interjected... still firmly in the grip of Leon.

"I'll let go if you tell me where he is, I just want to talk." Leon said, tightening his grip.

"I don't know dumbass" Skellen replied, ignoring the dull pain the tightness of his collar against his neck was causing "-and if you don't let me go soon, I'll just escape anyway so I'm not exactly concerned."
Seriously... if he had half a brain he'd just check the Galley since he knows he's eating or was recently at least.

Leon threw the doc on the ground. "I'll just find him myself." Leon growled. "Lotte I don't want you around the ass, he's a bad person."

Her eyes slid from Leon to Skellen, and she blinked quietly before holding out her pinky with a smile, ".... Okay Mr. Doctor, if you pinky promise you won't do it again, I'll forgive you! Proooomiiii~iiise?" Her grin grew wider as she leaned in, holding her pinky out mere centimeters from Skellen's face.

"You're joking right?" Skellen climbed to his feet, brushing non-existent dust from his clothing "that would imply I didn't have every intention of trying again later... although for now at least I'll leave it be." Skellen briefly intertwined his pinky with the strange girl, letting go after maintaining the contact just long enough to further irritate Leon.
"Did the violent nut job seriously just call me a bad person?" he added on, glancing sidewards at the giant man who had been gripping his collar.

"Kids are not pirates." Leon muttered, "I have my reasons." He growled.

"Somehow I don't think reasoning is something you're doing much of - nor do I think it is a specialty of yours." Skellen replied to the giant, feeling snarky but otherwise not losing his calm demeanour... after all his tranuility in the situation would only annoy Leon further, which was starting to seem rather entertaining to The Taipan.

"I'm getting real tired of you ass." Leon growled, "My reasons are all I have left, and I will kill if I have to prove that."

"You'd kill? Wouldn't have guessed from the constant mentioning of how you kill things..." Skellen flashed a large cheesy grin at Leon.

"Jeez, all you two talk about is killing killing killing-- killing is bad!" Lotte interjected with a light stamp of her foot before she held up a finger to bring their attention to her, "If you two are just going to keep fighting and talking about bad things, then I'm going back!" She put her hands on her hips, looking between the two once more before huffing out a sigh, "Okay? If we're going to see the world together, then we have to get along!! We're a team!" She stated, repeating what Vance had said earlier.

"I'm not here to see the world, I used to have the world in my hands before I was a pirate."

Skellen smiled at Lotte
"Do we still get to kill people?"
Couldn't resist...

"...." She looked over at Skellen, before smiling and saying nothing in response, giving him a victory sign with her hands before rounding on Leon, "Then don't be a party pooper for everyone else OK!" With that she waved at the two of them, skipping back down towards the galley. She had to tell Vance that she might've caused a bit of trouble for him. Oops....!

Skellen watched Lotte bound across the deck before heading back below and then turned to Leon
"You're still a violent ignoramous. Just saying. Anyway, I have a very strong sedative to go and make." With that Skellen strode off in the direction Lotte had just headed leaving Leon alone on the deck.

Leon decided he would follow behind them to find out where this Vance guy was.

Old November 25th, 2013 (02:06 PM).
See You Space Cowboy

Nature: Relaxed

Tristan D. Kuzo - Open Sea

Kuzo was quiet while Zoe shared her story with them. He had always enjoyed hearing the stories of others, being that his own natural disposition was of an individual who listened more than he talked. Everyone had their own, unique tale to tell. The events that led to their current situation was marked throughout their history. Finding out what each person had to say, about themselves, about their desires and goals, was something Kuzo enjoyed doing. Beyond that, these would be people he would sail with to the ends of the world. He wanted to know what they hoped to gain from this adventure. That way, he could help guide them there, and he could also maybe get some ideas about what he wanted.

Kuzo went between nodding excitedly and taking gulps of his drink as he listened to Zoe. Unlike the others, he had no reason to be skeptical about her past, and the actions she had claimed to do. From his perspective, every person on this ship was a pirate who deserved to be here, until they proved otherwise. And even then, proving to Kuzo someone doesn't belong on a ship bound for adventure would be a hard thing to do. Everyone was deserving of a chance for adventure.

His eyes followed the young woman as she excused herself with (what looked like to him) multiple plates in her hands, probably bound for the other crewmates who have yet to eat. He admired that she had taken an apparent interest in the others who hadn't eaten. Or perhaps she was simply trying to share her delicious creation for the world to see. Either way, Kuzo believed she was a welcome addition to the crew.

He went back now to acknowledge the fishman's name as Tunnak, or Tunn', and then proceeded to listen to Skellen's story. His was much different than Zoe's, apparently laying it all out there for them to hear. Kuzo always welcomed the variety of different stories, even if this one was a much darker one. Everyone had one of those, some of which were worth sharing, and some of which were better left in the past. Kuzo appreciated that Skellen was willing to share his own.

Skellen then went back up to the deck to examine the noise they all heard. He was quickly followed by Lotte, leaving Vance and Tunnak with Kuzo below.

"What an interesting set of tales," Kuzo spoke quietly, finishing up the last of his drink and pouring himself another, while also passing along another two mugs over to Tunnak and Vance who sat beside him. He smiled warmly at them, before slapping each of them across the back. "Drink up, guys!" He crashed his own mug into both of theirs and took a large gulp of the contents in it.

He then looked out through a small, hole-shaped window at the sea as the ship sailed across. He hadn't been together in a group since the Blue Paradise Orphans, but he could already tell he was in for something special. He leaned his back and elbows on his barstool across the counter and closed his eyes, relaxing.

"This is going to be fun."

A Legend once told me that roleplaying is about bringing people together and celebrating creative vision.
Paired with the Epic Legend
Old November 26th, 2013 (05:45 AM).
Quantum
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly

Vance, Lotte and Leon | The Galley

Vance happily chewed away on a bowl of rice with some stew over them, eating as if he hadn't eaten in days, his mouth barely emptying before stuffing another forkful of rice and meat into his face. He jumped a little as Kuzo smacked them on the back and placed a mug of beer in front of both him and the fishman he was sitting semi-next to, Vance quickly swallowing his food and glancing at the fishman before picking up the mug, smiling brightly as he raised it to knock it against both Kuzo's and the fishman. "Cheers!"

Smiling brightly, he took a deep gulp of the cool liquid running down his throat, sighing through his nose. Looks like everything's working out after all... and here I was all worried that something bad would happen.

Shoes clacking against the wooden floorboards, Lotte once more followed the trail of her doors to the galley, popping her head inside to scan for Vance before entering. Ah! .... She peered closer, seeing his food and gripping at the fabric of her dress as though refraining from the urge to nab it. She'd come down here for a reason-- but what had it been again? The sight of others eating had made her all but forget why she'd been in such a hurry to come downstairs anyway.

... Oh well. "Vance," She called to get his attention as she bounded over opposite of him, "Everything was okay upstairs, Mr. Doctor and Mr. Muscles were just-- ...." Freezing midsentence, her memory was quickly jogged as she broke out into a sweat over the fact that the big guy with volatile emotions had somehow fixated on Vance after talking to her. Throwing a glance over her shoulder to see if he had also come back to the galley, she'd known Skellen had followed her at least part of the way but-- "That's right, uh, there's something I should probably tell you--"

Leon charged in and grabbed the shirt of Vance and lifted him off his feet. "So you're Vance?" Leon growled with a threatening grin.

"What-" Vance managed to start asking Lotte, a look of confusion on his face before he was suddenly yanked backwards and turned around, held up by his shirt, staring right into Leon's rather disturbing grin with wide eyes. "... Uhm. Nnnnnno? I mean, uh, maybe?" Sending a quick glance to Lotte over his shoulder, he looked back at Leon, clearing his throat quietly. "... Hi, I'm Vance, nice to meet you... uh, Leon."

"Hey I said not to bully him!" Lotte huffed, putting her hands on her hips and looking thoroughly displeased with Leon, "And I even said no fighting too!! Don't you have ears?!"

"I won't hurt him as long as he agrees to answer my quest." ions." Leon replied, looking the boy in the eyes. "First question, how old are you?"hi

A look of confusion at the odd question crawled over Vance's face, blinking a couple of times. "Erh... twenty?"

"What interest do you have with sevemteen year old girls?" Leon growled.

"Like I said, he's my bodyguard!"

"Body- ... yeah, I... guess that's right. Are we talking about just seventeen year old girls in general, or... just Lotte?"

"I just delt with a wise guy kid, do you really want to get into the habit of making me angry?" He growled, raising the kid higher, "Do you have any way of fighting?"

"N-no, I don't! I really don't!" He shook his head as best as he could, dangling from Leon holding him up. "I... yeah, I do. Otherwise I wouldn't have said I'd protect her!"

'What kind of bodyguard can't fight?' Lotte thought to herself as she gave up on reasoning with the rock stubborn and clearly partially deaf Mr. Muscle. Looking around, she fixed herself up a plate of food and proceeded to enjoy dinner with a show, now that it seemed like nobody would be getting too hurt.

"Who taught you how to fight and how long have you been doing it?"

"My dad did, and... I don't know, quite a long time now? I mean, not against other people like you, but he made me train alot!" He squirmed a little again, clearing his throat and tapping the large man's arm lightly. "Look, I... don't mind answering your questions, but I think it'd be a bit easier if you lower me down."

Leon dropped the kid on the ground. "If she gets hurt, I'll kill you." Leon growled bending down to get in the kid's face, "If she says she wants to go home, and you prevent her, I'll kill you. If you take advantage of her, I'll kill you. She is your responsibility, and if you forget that..." Leon let the boy finish his sentence.

"You'll... kill me?" Vance asked in a completely non-questioning way, looking rather meek at the moment.

"Good job." Leon said, calming down.

"...." Lotte chewed and looked between the two-- and occassionally over towards Kuzo as well as though wondering when he'd step in, or if he ever would. Were they finished talking? She didn't really get it- it was probably a man thing, the discussions that were usually held behind closed doors while she was stuck practicing piano or something. "But like I said, I don't get hurt, so it's okay, and I don't want to go home, or else I would've by now, and...." She tilted her head, "I don't know what the last one means, but it's probably okay too."

"Lotte, I will take teaching you how to defend yourself into my own hands." Leon said to her, "Regardless of this kid's skills, I won't trust a child's life entirely on another child."

Vance's brows furrowed at Leon's comment, crossing his arms over his chest. "Hey, I'm -not- a child. And I -can- fight, maybe not as mercilessly and ruthlessly as you, but I can fight well enough to protect both myself -and- her. Otherwise I wouldn't have made that promise to her." His expression was stern and oddly steeled in comparison to how meek he looked a moment ago, meeting Leon's gaze head-on.

"Oh good, the boy learned how to stand." Leon said with a respectful grin, "But you misunderstand me, you will not always be around hot protect her. What if you are killed? What if you become sick? What if she gets kidnapped? You are not able to watch her at all times of the day." Leon explained. This was the lesson he had learned when he was a slave. A similar vow was made by a man who died shortly after he made it.

"You're right, I might not always be there," Vance admitted. "But that still doesn't mean you should treat me like a kid. I can fight as well or better than most adults." He tilted his head a little back, keeping his arms folded over his chest, as if challenging Leon to call him a kid again.

Lotte put her spoon down delicately, having long lost interest in the conversation. It just sounded like a bunch of nagging-- the nagging at the dinner table and in the morning and basically from dawn till dusk that she'd expertly learned to tune out. What she'd taken interest in was learning how to defend herself, but, she wasn't sure what there was to learn from Leon when the vast difference in their muscle mass was so clearly defined. She certainly couldn't throw a punch, and that'd be too unladylike for her tastes anyway. "This is boring," She announced, her usually cheerful voice unamused, "Vance already protected me from all the marines in Loguetown, so that's good enough for me, which should be good enough for you." With that, she got to her feet, plodding over to Kuzo instead and leaving the two boys to bicker more if they pleased-- she was more curious as to what it was out the window that had caught the Captain's attention.

At Lotte's semi-speech, Vance looked over his shoulder, blinking his eyes in surprise, his entire demeanor completely defusing in a matter of seconds as he looked back ahead of him and then up, at Leon's face again, breathing out through his nose, speaking in a more calm, quiet manner. "I promised I'll protect her, and I'm not planning on going back on that promise, at all."

Leon was disappointed to see the kid's confidence fade away, but didn't say anything out loud. "For now, your words are simply sounds in the air." He sat down and said, "Still, it's all I have to go on." Leon would have taken the entire duty of protecting the girl himself, but he knew that his own goal would get in the way. "My name is Reaper K. Leon. Both ship repairer and killer."

With Leon finally out of Vance's face, Vance's shoulders drooped and he let out a near-silent little sigh, reaching over to pick up his mug as he filled it up again, glancing around at the people gathered. "Well, erh... I think I better go see if we're on the right course." He raised his mug to the others and stepped out the door, heading for the deck.

art by Churaka
Old November 28th, 2013 (01:53 PM).
A mad mind... hehe

Bass - You just need the courage!

Bass just sighed and let his head droop, "Alright Morgan... you seem to know what you're doing here though." He flew back down and gripped onto the bottom of the crow's nest yet again, glancing down at the commotion happening down on deck. He sighed and wrapped his wings around himself and closed his eyes. He could hear every single word being uttered... that name that the demon cried out in his sleep, the way that Leon and Vance seemed to be going about to protect this Lotte. Heh, it was amusing in a way, how they thought that they had secrets... yet he knew every single one. Even though he knew that it was bad to spy on others and to overhear important conversations, it was also a way to ensure his survival. He couldn't recall how many times he had heard important information in hiding that allowed him to find food without having to encounter anyone or being able to take important supplies that would let him live a far easier life.

He snuggled against his wings and sighed a bit. Now that he thought about it... he called Leon a monster. What would happen when he fell into his blood lust though? Would... would the others turn against him as well? Despite that fact that he was by far more gentle and more trustworthy? He could only shudder at the idea of the others weighing him down with a chain and throwing him out into the sea. He needed blood yes... and although Morgan did tell him that it wouldn't take days to get to their destination he could see a conflict coming in soon enough.

He could hope... he could hope that for years he could keep this secret among these people... but it would soon come out. Better to come out now instead of letting it become a long forged secret then right? He opened an eye yet again and flew down from the nest, landing near the door and quickly made his way in. Such constricted areas didn't bother him as much. He had lived in a cave for most of his life after all. He closed his eyes and sniffed the air, the scent of warmth hitting him. He followed his senses for only a short while and came upon the gallery where the rest of the crew ate. He coughed softly and looked over at Kuzo, "Sir? Can we have a talk?" He asked shyly.
Old November 29th, 2013 (06:21 AM).
Here for the fun of it.

Tunnak - Drama at Dinner, Brawls and Bats

All this commotion. Well aware that he was on a ship commandeered by pirates and all, he would not have expected so much to go down within the first couple hours.

At first, after having been carried to the gally for dinner, he had just been eating rather carelessly, listening to the tales of the others. People sort of just came and went and Tunnak hardly got a good look at any of them, but he figured that getting to properly meet everyone in this relatively small crew would happen eventually. He tried to sum it all up in his head. Skellen, The Taipan, is apparently our doctor. Works for me. There is Kuzo, the adventurous captain, roger that. He thought as he raised his mug at the cap’n sitting next to him. Lemme see then. Oh, right, The Dragon-Girl… Zane, right? Or was it Inzane? Must’ve been the latter, he wagered. Then there was those two kids who Wallace and I bashed into in Logueto-- his thought were interrupted as Kuzo slammed two filled mugs onto the counter, one for Vance and one for Tunnak. Tunnak’s face succumbed to a vague smile as Vance raised his drink at him and he slammed his mug festively into Vance’s and Kuzo’s before chugging it down heartily.

Then the fragile little thing, the one that had been with Vance, re-entered the room after she had headed out to investigate the noises from the deck. That one doesn’t look so terrifying… but then again, she probably ate some kind of devilish fruit, like the others, that lets her spew acid and **** shuriken. These people are weird like that. he thought, paying little attention to the fact that he was probably one of the biggest freak shows on the entire vessel. And then there is the bat and… who else? A roar resounded through the ship, momentarily followed by its source. Its big, angry source. The pale-haired muscle with a face rushed towards Vance and snatched him by the collar, lifting him from his seat -- his drink, his dinner, his company -- only to start shouting and threatening the poor boy. Tunnak, however, intended to remain concealed from any form of conflict and hence deciding not to interfere.

Eventually, the two reached an agreement upon the subject which had been the safety of the girl, Lotte, whom herself seemed to care little for the matter as she had sat down and proceeded to eat at some point during the argumentation. Tunnak had noticed a few strange looks from Lotte. She seemed wary about his presence, and well, he really couldn’t blame her, could he? He didn’t give it much thought that a highborn girl, which her way of dressing, walking and speaking would indicate that she was, didn’t feel comfortable in the presence of one of his race. She’s just cautious, is all. And that’ll probably serve her well in the long run. The crew seemed nearly all gathered now, as the Bat-creature, his fellow freak, joined the feast/brawl/comfy-socialisation-session and addressed the captain about something needing to be discussed in privacy. Tunnak quirked his brow as he turned his head to look at the bat with a smile, raising his mug in greeting, but otherwise leaving them to their business.
Old November 29th, 2013 (11:46 AM).
See You Space Cowboy

Kuzo and Bass - Open Sea

As before, Kuzo didn't do much talking as the scene unfolded between Vance and Leon. However, to say he was doing nothing would have been incorrect. There was a difference between doing nothing and not talking. While his eyes remained mostly glued to the impermanent waves of the sea through the small window in the galley, his mind was occupied with the actions of Vance and Leon, particularly in what they did and what they said. If he felt that his interference would have helped the situation at all, he would have jumped in, but he didn't feel this was the case now. Instead, he wanted to observe their true natures. He had always felt that when people were most free, when the least amount of clogging and restriction were around them, their true personnas would feel the need to rise to the surface. By stepping in, his actions might have dampened that, and he wanted to learn as much as he could about his new crewmates.

But the tension between the two was soon ruptured, which left Vance heading for the deck and the others cooling off as well. After, Bass decided to approach Kuzo. He smiled warmly at the bat-man, still impressed by his rather unique features. "Sir? You don't have to call me sir. Just Kuzo," He replied, but also nodded. "What's on your mind?"

Bass sighed and looked down, "Uh... it's something that... uh, it's private is all, sir-Kuzo." He quickly blurted out at the end. "Do you have a room we can talk in? It's just... it's something that I want to discuss with you, if that's alright of course. I mean I don't want to interrupt anything." He could feel some sweat on his forehead, thankfully hidden by his fur but for the moment he nervously rubbed his two thumb hooks together. Would Kuzo throw him off? Would he try to kill him? Kuzo hadn't been told what kind of bat he was... for all Bass knew, Kuzo could very well think he only ate insects. This was not going to end well... but he had to judge the environment. If they could kill him, at least the island was close by enough so that he could make it back with a single flight and try getting on another ship.

Kuzo chuckled, then turned around on his barstool toward the counter. He picked up his mug and downed all of the alcohol in one go, before stamping it on the counter and picking himself up off the seat. "Sure," He replied simply, beginning to head for the upper deck. "Hope you don't mind if we talk outside. I want to smell the sea. We'll stand away from everyone else." He said as he headed for the upper deck, past Vance next to the wheel and the others still lingering around the mid-section of the deck. Together with Bass, he made his way to the front of the ship, right to the edge, where no one else was currently present. He took in the path of the waves in front of him, the open sea around him. He then turned around and faced Bass, and gave him another smile. "When you're ready," He said simply, crossing his arms and awaiting him to speak.

Bass sighed and wrapped his wings around him to warm himself up a bit, "Uh... d-do.... uh..." Bass hung his head, "I'm not really sure where to begin... well, do you know what foods bats usually eat? I guess that's as great a place to start."

Kuzo looked up at the sky to think about it, before turning his head back to look at Bass again, then shrugged lightly. "Not exactly sure, to be honest."

Bass sighed and his ears drooped as well. "Well... it's... there are different... families you can say. Some families eat fruit... others eat insects... I... I really don't eat any of those things. I really don't eat human foods, it's why I'm not eating with the others now, I simply can't eat that stuff... if I do I tend to throw it up because... well, my body just doesn't like it."

Kuzo examined the bat as he spoke, but didn't offer much in the way of speaking back. For now, he had simply stuck to listening, examining and nodding. He seemed nervous, as if he had something important to say, so the man figured it was best to let it come out more naturally then forcing it out at faster pace. "Go on," Was all he said to encourage the bat-man on.

Bass sighed and let out a shaky breath. "Well.... uh... the thing I drink... it also acts as food for me. Quenches my thirst and also fills me up. If... If I go about two days without it... it's strange. LIke before when I was a dumb bat flying around in the forest I never felt it. I would feel hunger pains sure, but I wouldn't be put into this... I guess you can call it a trance. Before it would be where if I was hungry I would just still be myself. Now, it's different. Like, if I don't get the food then... then I can't stop till I get it." He closed his eyes tightly and let out deep breath, "I.... I drink blood Kuzo." He whispered softly. "Always have, since birth... now it's some sort of curse... it's like if I don't have blood in a certain time limit then I go crazy." He quickly turned to the captain and grabbed hold of him with the edge of his wings.

"You can't tell any of the others! Please!" He begged, "I mean... look at that guy!" He hissed as he gestured a wing tip over to he white haired demon. "You just saw how he went beserk! I... I'm not a monster..." He shook his head, "I can't be a monster... I mean I didn't ask for this! I didn't ask to have it where if I didn't get blood I would go crazy and go on killing sprees!" He whimpered a bit, "It's like someone up there just laughed at me and cursed me with this... curse." He sighed, "When you were talking about it taking days to reach our destination... I panicked. Inside I panicked. I thought... but then Morgan said it wouldn't take days to get there. I... I don't want to be a monster."

Bass looked back out to the ocean and released Kuzo. He crouched a bit so as to let his head and his wing edges lay on the railing. "I always wanted to leave... so that I could find something more. I always believed in hope... out there I know there is a way to take this... blood lust away from me. Make me normal... and I don't want to hurt anyone anymore... I can't..." He fell silent after that and just stared at the sea.

It was quite a shocking surprise for Kuzo, but he did his best to not let it appear that way, maintaining the calm demeanor usually seen from him. Once again he did little more than listen to Bass lay it all out there. When he was finished, Kuzo asked the bat a simply question. "Is it only human blood you can drink?"

He shook his head, "No... I... try my best to not do it from humans. Back at the forest there were plenty of animals around. I didn't kill them though!" He quickly empahsized as he got off of the railing. "When I'm like... eh, this. When I'm calm, I know how much to drink... I know what can kill someone or something and I avoid drinking that much. When... when I'm in a blood lust... it's like somthing else takes over. The first victim I find... I drain dry... and if I'm still hungry after that I keep on killing." He hung his head in shame, "I-I didn't realize the first time it happened what exactly DID happen, it was all a blure... and anytime after a blood lust it still is a blur. Sometimes I find myself half way across the continent, other times I wake up over some corpses. I... I don't want that to happen here."

As soon as Bass had finished talking for a second time, Kuzo nodded in response, then place an arm on the bat creature's shoulder, and smiled warmly to him. "Thanks for letting me know. We'll keep this between us," He walked passed him, and looking above at the crow's nest and the absence of a flag which flew above it, which reminded him of something else.

"More urgently, if you say Morgan says it won't take days to reach Reverse Mountain, then we need to figure out a name for this ship, before we get there!" He smiled, and turned to Bass. "We'd best called everyone together." He declared.

And just like that, it was as if the entire conversation about Bass had never happened. Kuzo seemed to drop the topic entirely, as if he had forgotten about it. But the reality was the Kuzo would always remember, but he would never let that be the detail that would define his interpretation on the kind of person Bass was. Instead, he focused on the lengths Bass would go to control this curse, which spoke volumes more to Kuzo than the actions himself. One thing was certain though: He had made a promise, one which he intended to keep. For as long as he would know Bass, and for as long as he would live, it would never be Kuzo who tells others about Bass's secret. A promise never to be broken, the forming of the first of many bonds between crewmates.

A Legend once told me that roleplaying is about bringing people together and celebrating creative vision.
Old December 6th, 2013 (07:40 AM).
The Awakened
Crystal Tier

The...Nameless Pirates?- Open Sea

Kuzo walked through the ship toward the galley. He shot passed everyone, grabbing the first big pan he saw and a large stirring spoon, then headed back to the top deck. Once there, he began loudly banging the spoon onto the pan, trying to get everyone's attention on the ship. He continued to do this for about twenty seconds, before calling out to those still confused about the sound. "Everyone on deck! We've got something important to discuss!"

Bass cried out as the loud ringing sound his his ears hard and he had to quickly press them down over his head to quell out the ringing noise. He waited until the ringing stopped and then he peeked over at Kuzo. "Sorry.. forgot to say, my hearing is very... acute. Can you try next time just... I don't know, using something less loud?" He asked softly.

Vance raised his brows from behind the wheel, which he'd taken over from the mechanism that led forced the ship's rudder in place, peering down at the deck at Kuzo, his eyes briefly moving up to the bat he'd had glanced at a couple of times. He lowered down and tucked the mechanism into place again before stepping over to the rail on the platform elevated from the main deck, where he leaned on said railing. "Something important? Like how we're going to get a hold of a log pose?"

Mason groaned and turned away from his spot at the side of the ship. The yelling was bearable at first, but it soon felt like there was some sort of vocal contest taking place, as if they were trying to see who could break glass first. Kuzo was the biggest offender, and even though Mason knew that what Kuzo had to say was important, the loudness of it all bothered him. It was to be expected, however; the crew wasn't small, nor was the ship, so yelling at the top of one's lungs was pretty much the only way to get a message across. Mason knew it was best to comply, since he hadn't actually done anything since arriving on the ship, and the guy speaking was...the captain? He wasn't exactly sure, nor was he really listening. Morgan confirmed this not long after Kuzo spoke.

"Don't give our wonderful captain too much credit," Morgan shouted from his high perch, firmly believing that Kuzo didn't have anything of note to say this early. After all, the captain did seem a bit unprepared so far, completely improvising everything he did. He lept over the bannister and slid his way down via of the ropes on the sail, careful not to ruin any of the workings of the ship. By the smooth movement of Morgan, it was clear he had some experience in this elaborate movement. He landed relatively close to Kuzo, looking at the others that got his proclamation. "Plus log poses ruin some of the fun on sailing the Grand Line," he said with a wink. Though in all seriousness, Morgan would probably admit that Vance had a point and was wondering how they were going to get one himself, now that he thought about it.

"No, this is more important than that," Kuzo replied, dismissing with his hand Vance's mention of a log pose. He looked around the ship, from the sails to the crow's nest, before placing his hands on his hips and tapping on the floor of the deck. "She'll take us all around the world...she needs a name."

"Told you," Morgan said pointing at Vance to which Vance responded by hanging his head in defeat.

"A name!?" Mason said inadvertently. He practically jumped at the mention of it. No one would argue that Mason was anything but forthright when it came to...anything, but when the chance came to be artistic, he wouldn't hesitate. He became nervous, frantic even. The ship had become a battleground for ideas as far as he was concerned, and everyone was an opponent.

Bass frowned at that and shrugged, "I think I'll stay out of this talk. I have no idea how to name ships and all... uh, so you all can talk among yourselves." He flapped his wings a bit and flew back up to the crow's nest and once more gripped onto the underside, "Just inform after you all are done then." With that he wrapped his wings around his body and pulled his wing's embrace and closed his eyes. He pushed his ears flat and did his best to sleep, though with already missing so many hours he was quick to fall asleep.

Leon had come close to drifting off to sleep at the table, but he decided to hold off until the Doc came back with the sedative. He walked out onto the deck and listened in on the conversation. "It should be called the Saint Leona!" Leon said loud, but tired.

"No no," Vance said, shaking his head, still leaned on the railing of the upper deck. "It should be something inspiring and hopeful, like... The Blue Horizon or something like that!"

Skellen arrived on the deck, a vile of clear liquid clutched in his hand as he swirled it around lightly to mix it. "What's with all the commotion? Please tell me Leon's not lost his mind again. The sedative's not quite ready."

"No, Ass." Leon replied, "We are talking about the ship's name, which is the Shining Leona by the way."

"If we are going to name the ship after anyone, it would be me not you," Morgan said, brushing off Leon. "How about...'Might Makes Wright.' Haha, get it? Might Makes Wright! Might! Right?!" Morgan started laughing at his own genius.

"Wh- you can't just decide what to name it on your own!" Vance called out, frowning before turning to Morgan. "And that's not a name for a ship, that's a... statement!"

"No kid, he was talking about my sedative!" Leon called to Vance, "The name is after my daughter, not me!" Leon roared. Morgan's jokes were completely lost to him.

The competition had finally drawn their blades, and Mason was getting more nervous. What was a merely a friendly gesture became warfare, and strangers quickly became enemies. That was the way he saw it, anyway. As a result, he came to the conclusion that he would need to eliminate the competition. He glared at Morgan and said in a deep, almost apathetic voice, "That pun doesn't make any sense."

"It makes plenty sense!" Morgan protested. "Wright D. Morgan is my nam- Oh never mind." Morgan crossed his arms and pouted. "Wouldn't know a good name if slapped you in the face," he continued to mumble under his breath.

In the meantime, Tunnak had made his way onto the deck, currently resting against the railing of the ship as he witnessed the ongoing discussion. A new name for the ship? He wasn't aware that there was a custom of renaming the ships you nicked from others, but then again, he didn't have lots of experience on the subject. For now he was just enjoying the show, and honestly, some of the suggestions weren't too bad.

"No, no, no," Kuzo began, lifting his hands up in protest. "Most of you are still thinking individually," He turned toward the mast of the ship, examining its sails, the woodwork, the way it rocked against the waves. "We're a crew now. All of us are together in this. The ship name should reflect that," He turned to the gathered crew on the deck of the yet-to-be-named ship, eyeing each of them individually. "Think. We're all bonded together by an invisible rope. What are we all here for? What's brought us together? What are we all after?"

"Hope." Bass murmured from up top. He poked his head out of his wings, "At least I am... hope is really all I came for." He yawned and poked his head back into his wings, "Can you all keep your voices down? I swear you all are being louder than you should be. A bat needs his sleep after all."

"I suppose if you want a name that fits a group." Leon said, "What about the Marine Massacre? It -"

"That's not bad actually. First time I have ever felt inclined to agree with you. I could tolerate being on a ship called Marine Massacre, it is basically my profession in a title after all. I'm surprised Leon, a good idea came out of your mouth!" Skellen grinned cheesily at the giant man, he couldn't resist throwing jibes at Leon even if most would consider it inadvisable.

"New idea." Leon growled, "We can call it the Drowned Doctor" he glared at the Doc with a threatening look.

"The Tide!" the fishman exclaimed from his resting spot, loud enough for the group to hear (or at least he hoped so). "Because we'll come and we'll go, but we'll always be back - Because, alas, the tides will turn, even for us, but nothing can stop us once we make our way onto the sandy shores." he finished, in reality feeling rather indifferent about the name of the ship. He just wanting to contribute to the discussion, feeling rather proud of the inspirational symbolism of his suggestion. But then again, Tunnak had always been the first to cherish his own work.

Raising an arm, Vance pointed at Tunnak while staring down at the others. "See? He gets the idea! You can't call a ship 'Marine Massacre'! Do you know how fast the marines would come after us if we had a ship named that?"

"Good!" Skellen flashed another of his grins "Then we don't have to go looking for them. But since the thought of marines is apparently too scary for Vance here... what do you think Lotte?"
Okay, so maybe I'm hoping she choses something ridiculous so I can use it to irritate Leon... and Vance.

Having been suddenly referred to after sitting uncharacteristically quietly (still pouting over the meaningless argument that Vance and Leon had had earlier), she perked up and crossed her arms in rejection, "Marine Massacre isn't cute, so I don't want that." But with that contribution, she settled back into silence, chin propped in her hands as the gears in her head began to turn....

"To be fair...we're pirates and they're marines," Mason started with his arms crossed. "They would come after us anyway, regardless of our name. They don't need a reason."

"Hmm, not bad, not bad," Kuzo commented, liking a few of the names he was hearing, especially the Tide and the Blue Horizon. The Blue Horizon especially appealed to him because he wore his blue bandanna and because of the name of his orphanage. "What else ya got?"

"How about...'The Dream Chaser'?" Morgan blurted out. "Everyone's got a dream right? This ship can help chase them down." Morgan found himself talking like his old captain used to, and the memories of his old crew flooded him. And instead of moping like he normally did, a smile stretched across his face.

Kuzo turned and gazed at Morgan. He smiled, pleasantly surprised that he was contributing to the conversation, but happy he chose to. Regardless of the outcome of the duel they would have later, he seemed to already be taking to the crew. "Gliding on the sea, chasing dreams," He murmured softly. He nodded to Morgan, approving of that name especially.

"Might as well call ourselves the floating flowers." Leon growled, as Lotte's eyes suddenly lit up in approval of his sarcastic comment.

"I actually had a similar idea to Mr. Dream Chaser there," Mason said. "The Blind Faith. I thought it appropriate seeing as we're off chasing the One Piece, something that is so elusive and so vague in its being that we can only pursue it blindly, riding on our faith in whatever lies at the end of our journey." With a smile, Mason lit up. "But I'd be happy either way, Dream Chaser rides on the same principles. I like the way you think, Chaser."

"I would sooner be on a ship actually called the Drowned Doctor, than a ship named Blind Faith or Dream Chaser. Do you want us to become known as "The Pansy Crew"?" Skellen interjected shaking his head. "Then again, those are still both more becoming of a pirate crew heading into the Grand Line than Shining Leona, what the hell were you thinking Giant?"

"A name is only worth as much as the crew," Mason said, shooting Skellen a stark look. "We simply have to make a name for ourselves, and whatever we choose will be both feared and revered. After all, a man that laughs at a pirate renowned learns the definition of irony." After uttering those words, he quickly removed a notepad from his jinbaori jacket and a pencil from his pocket and wrote down what he said, promptly putting them back and returning to his previous disposition. "Even The Pansy Crew would be revered should we earn such respect."

"Captain, can we please leave the psychopaths out of naming things?" Morgan said to Kuzo, before joining Mason in glaring at Skellen, firing his own glance at the growling Leon. "There is more to being a pirate than senselessly killing people. Ya'll do realize that right?" Morgan sighed. "There is no reason to have some name simply to invoke fear in others. Like Mason...that's your name right? Well, anyway like he said, we can make the name be feared or respected by our reputation alone. Otherwise, the names you guys like are nothing but empty threats. And trust me when I say we won't last long on the Grand Line then."

"I don't make empty threats matchstick." Skellen replied, his voice cool "and senseless killing isn't my thing, every marine I kill is one step closer to freeing each and every living soul from the tyranny of the World Government. I might not be able to achieve that goal myself, but I'm going to shower hell upon them so that in the long run someone can do it. So that being said, if you want to see crazy I will gladly put that bullet I removed back in. I don't particularly like those names, whatever we call the ship doesn't have to be violent but it shouldn't refer to something as childish as chasing dreams. Pursuing one's goals is one thing, but chasing impossibilities is ridiculous and that is what a name like Blind Faith suggests - I would be happier on a ship with a name as terrible as Poseidon's Pony than on a ship with a name based around an empty ideal." Skellen then cracked another smile, his tone shifting. "Oh God... can we please call it Poseidon's Pony? Just to see the look on Kiba's face when he finds out what we've done the the Grand Justice"

"You really should ask the bat as to how many marines I killed on that base alone." Leon added in, "If you think I'm just idly proposing threats, you are seriously mistaken." The voice Leon had was that of a low growl, as if he had been insulted.

"Leon and Skellen, let's compare bounties. Oh wait, do you even have any?" Morgan asked, completely ignorant. "When you have a reputation worth talking about, then we can talk. Till then, y'all should best shut your traps."

Vance began looking a little uneasy as Skellen and Morgan began snapping at each other, but none the less, he felt like he couldn't back out, taking a small breath of air before interjecting. "Why do you think it's childish to chase your dreams? If you ever -stopped- following your dreams, then you've lost a little bit of yourself. I like both Blind Faith and Dream Chaser, because that's what we're doing! We're each following our own dream and putting all of our faith in a complete stranger!" He raised a hand to point at Kuzo before adding. "... And believing in him!"

Though Kuzo remained mostly silent as the crew bickered, he particularly appreciated what Vance had to say at that moment. Someone who understands.

"Thank you! He gets it!" Morgan applauded one of the few people he could stand on the ship.

Blinking slowly at the escalating conversation, Lotte drummed her fingertips against her cheek, humming to herself before piping up. "Hmmm, how about 'The Conqueror'?" Pulling one of her hands away from her face to hold up a finger, she tried to explain the train of thought she'd been following during her lengthy silence, "Vance and Mister Captain want something that follows the idea of dreams, right? So why just chase dreams when you can conquer them? Like, fulfilling them. But if you think of it another way, doesn't it also fit Mister Doctor and Mister Muscle's scary and intimidating requirements?" Pausing to let the idea sink in, she propped her chin back up as she went over the idea in her mind, ".... Not that either of those things really apply to me, but it's better than Marine Massacre?"

"Hey guys," Leon bellowed, "Do you realize that the little girl of the ship has picked a manlier name than you?" He heckled. He was directing this jab mostly at Morgan, He looked at Lotte, "It ain't better than Marine Massacre, but its much better than the other names." Leon said kindly.

Lotte grinned at Leon's support, giggling as she leaned over the railing to add in a cheerful voice just for good measure: "I like Floating Flowers the most though!"

Mason threw his hands up and put on a sarcastic smile. "I see. 'Floating Flowers', a name for the most manly of men," promptly belting out a hearty laugh.

"Well, Floating Flowers suits Leon anyway." Skellen added, laughing

Unable to hold back himself after the jabs at Leon, Vance let out a chuckle, smiling and shaking his head, quickly diverting his eyes from the large man and coughing.

Leon took deep breaths that didn't do much to surpress his rising annoyance levels. "Why don't we see if the Ass and the kid can float." He growled, breathing heavily. He summoned his shadow to hold him back, in case he snapped.

"Wait can it really be Floating Flowers?" Lotte exclaimed, surprised that they'd received the idea better this time around than the first without realizing that they were really just teasing Leon.

"No Lotte. Just no." Was all Skellen could muster towards the girl, although he did find her odd persona quite entertaining "and as for you and Morgan" Skellen added, now looking at Leon "Unlike those of you who rely on devil's fruit, I can swim perfectly fine. So perhaps you should remember than when making threats on a boat." Skellen removed the cap from the vile containing the now mixed sedative and replaced it with one ending in a needle.
"On that note" he said grinning malevolently, taking note of the shadow restraining Leon "time for the big boy to take a nap." Skellen then proceeded to jab the giant man in the neck, letting the drug into his blood stream. "At least that will shut you up in a bit" he added for good measure.

"Good job, doc," Morgan said with a heavy sigh. "Because now we got to move him," he continued pointing at something in the distance. "Reverse Mountain. All hands get to your positions! Whatever they are!" Morgan ordered. Because clearly Kuzo was more interested in naming things. And this ship. It needed a "captain" in some regard. Morgan was more than willing.

Paired with the manly SV
Old December 8th, 2013 (01:38 PM).
See You Space Cowboy

Tristan D. Kuzo - Reverse Mountain

Just as Morgan had suggested with his announcement, right up in the distance was Reverse Mountain, a mountain at one of the points where the four Blues, or seas, meet and is one of the two known entrances to the Grand Line. This place is unique in that rivers from the Blues flow up the mountain, meet at the top, and then flow down into the Grand Line. Many pirates entering the Grand Line die before they can even get up to the top of the mountain, because the hostile water currents and storms force them to crash into the mountain walls.

Right on par with the rumors, the rough waters of the surrounding structure was met by the ship, and Kuzo knew at that moment, from the rough seas and the beginning of heavy rain, that they were close to the Grand Line, rather than from the structure itself. Kuzo quickly turned around finding Vance among their band of misfits. "Vance, on the wheel! Get us right into that path to the top!" He yelled, patting the man on his back. "I hear that plenty of people die before ever reaching the top because of the storms and currents. I'm depending on you!" He yelled, before jumping off toward the very front of the ship. He wanted the best view when they entered the Grand Line.

Stormy weather and heavy currents continued to rock the ship, but the advantage of having a brand new, Marine vessel proved advantageous, especially given its reputation for speed and maneuverability. Lightning cracked around and the rain continued to beat down hard along the sails and deck of the ship. The wind continued to pick up and pick up. The small path of current in the very middle which would lead straight up to the top of the mountain and then down into the Grand Line became more visible with each passing second. And each of those seconds which passed made Kuzo more and more excited. The pirate was about to finally reach where all the grandest of adventures would reach, where all of the greatest of treasures would be found, where all pirates dreams came true!

Right before they had reached the entrance to the current, Kuzo, who now leaned over the railings at the bow of the ship, called back to everyone else on the deck. "Better hold onto something! Here's the path up to the Grand Line!"

It was a strange feeling. The waters around were choppy and irritating, but the vertical path up through the Grand Line current of Reverse Mountain carried them up as if they were on a path down. The ship maneuvered forward on a slope upwards. The wind sharply breezed by Kuzo, who held on with one hand to the railing while another he held his bandanna from flying off. He held a grin on his face that seemed permanently attached to his face ever since the sight of Reverse Mountain caught his eye. Throughout the entire trip up to the top, it didn't seem to leave his face. He was finally following his other friends, toward their own goals and dreams into the Grand Line. Now, he would finally begin trying to find his own dream, his ever elusive "Ultimate Treasure". If there was one place where it was, the Grand Line, the sea of seas, would surely be the obvious choice.

That was what that illustrious place offered the most daring adventurers of the sea. The Grand Line was a step for all of them, perhaps the biggest step. Making their way up the top of Reverse Mountain and then heading straight down through the other side, they were all one step closer to fulfilling their dreams.

As the ship made it's way to the very tip of the mountain, where the waters all met at top, the ship visibly jumped from off of the water due to the momentum of being carried up one way, before splashing down hard onto the path below. Kuzo felt himself lift off from the deck of the ship, and flutter in the open air for a moment, with nothing but his hand holding him attached to the ship. Then, the descent down below into the second half of Reverse Mountain began. In front of them, the seemingly endless blue sea of the Grand Line awaited.

"Time to find my Ultimate Treasure!" Kuzo exclaimed excitedly. As the ship began it's path down. Their descent had a clean view into the blue sea, except for the large chunk of clouds and fog which covered their descent for the last portion of the trip down through Reverse Mountain. Even at the bow of the ship, squinting his eyes, Kuzo could barely see a few meters up ahead of him.

As they were coming down toward the bottom however, Kuzo did notice another object right in front of his path. He had to squint to make sure he knew what he was looking at, confused at first, but realizing that there indeed was something blocking their path. As the clouds and fog clear up in front of them, the previous silhouette became a visible ship, one in which they were right on the path of crashing into. From the looks of it, the other ship had occupants, and were trying to scream at Kuzo and his crew to get them to stop.

"Vance, watch out!" Kuzo yelled, hoping the navigator would be able to move their ship out of the way of the other one. "Brace yourselves!" He called to the others, in case they wouldn't be able to avoid in time.

Old December 10th, 2013 (08:55 AM).
Quantum
Silver Tier

Hayden Vance | Reverse Mountain

As Leon was being calmed down by the sedative and Morgan raised a hand to point into the distance, Vance raised his eyes, his brows raising as he stared right at Reverse Mountain, as part of the massive, world-spanning continent of Red Line trailing the horizon to the left and right. Just as they registered this, it was easy for Vance to feel a shift in the waters around them, the ship only giving a small bit of sway, but he’d prepared for something like this during his upbringing. Kuzo turned to him in the group of people and told him to get to the helm and that he was counting on him. It made Vance feel important, but also rather worried, and Kuzo’s comment about most people entering Grand Line dying due to the rough, weird waters around the mountain didn’t help at all.

“Aye aye!” he called out as he turned and ran back to the helm, spinning around it and giving the mechanism at the foot of the helm a little kick while grasping the wheel, his brows furrowing as the mountain slowly became bigger and bigger on the horizon. The winds battered the ship and the waters continued to make havock of the steering, but Vance managed to find a couple currents to ride out to prevent them from being tipped over and kept them on course. He managed to steer them into the ‘gate’ of the mountain, after which they were on a wide river that went diagonally up the mountain.

Vance had to push his feet against the deck and grip the helm extra tight, the two ropes from inside of his sleeves shooting out to coil around the helm to prevent himself from falling, which he would have, had he not gripped on tightly. He squinted and looked up towards the rapidly approaching top of the mountain, seeing the rest of his crewmates holding on for dear life to prevent themselves from being knocked over, the sun blocked out by a group of clouds permanently hovering above the mountain, seemingly. I’m doing it… I’m actually doing it. Here I come, mother!

Just then, the ship reached the top, where the ship shot slightly into the air with water splashing around them, Vance’s eyes widening as his feet lifted slightly from the deck before the ship made contact with the water again, causing him to land heavily again, quickly gathering himself up again to make sure the ship didn’t run into one of the two large cliffsides on either side of the river they were now –rapidly- making their way down.

“W-whoa, this is amazing!” He called out as they made their quick descend, fog and clouds covering up their sight. Luckily though, Vance could feel it if the ship started veering off to the side, so he managed to keep them on a straight course. Squinting a little however, he saw some kind of shadow and heard something faint over the roaring waters. His eyes widened as Kuzo called out for him to watch out, just as the ship at the very bottom of the ‘slope’ came into view. He grit his teeth as he turned the helm in an attempt to avoid smashing right into the other ship, and not crash into the cliff on their right in the same process. His knuckles had gone slightly white from gripping the helm so tightly, and the speed made it near impossible to move neither left nor right, but thankfully, the ship was small and light, and it gave Vance the opportunity to break a little off of the path.

As the two vessels neared each other, The Dream Chaser, as Vance had decided to call the ship, grazed against the side of the other ship, a loud creaking erupting from the wood as splinters and a couple of ropes flew off. The semi-impact as well as them being at the very bottom of the mountain made the ship come to a slow stop somewhat near the other ship, and as they finally came to a rocking stop, Vance let out a held-back breath, leaning on the helm as the ropes untied themselves and slipped back up his sleeves. “Hah… hah… a-are we alive…?”

art by Churaka
Old December 10th, 2013 (01:57 PM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

"Damn you Ass!" I yelled, sitting up. I looked around and saw that I was not actually on the ship. I was laying on an Atoll, no other land in sight. "Where the hell am I?" It was incredibly bright, and the sun felt nice on my skin. Below me was a crystal clear ocean full of fish and coral. I looked for a boat, but there was none in sight, and the as nice as the scenery was, I was too angry to enjoy it.

"We used to sail to these with her back in the day." I heard my voice say. Or at least a voice that sounded like mine. I turned around and saw myself, fully dressed in the clothes I wore before I became a slave. "It was a long time ago."

"Yea, and its passed." I growled, "What is this a dream?"

"Well for me it is a prison." He answered, "A world I have in your head where I can make anything but other people."

"What exactly are you pal?" I growled.

"The personality that you surpressed to go on this revenge quest." He was smiling kindly, he didn't have any anger showing.

I looked around, "Why am I here?"

"I suppose it was the sedative. I felt a change in my being when you went unconscious, it was different than a normal sleep."

"So I'm probably under a very deep sleep." I concluded, "Did we get up that waterfall?"

"Indeed we did, I managed to get your body inside the ship before you fell into the sea."

"How did you manage to do anything?" I growled. I kneeled down and touched the water, it didn't make my finger feel any different, and I tested it with my arm. I came to the conclusion that I was safe from water in this place. "You are just my personality."

"True, but I'm a very strong personality. I actually am the consciousness of your shadow."

"Is that so? So I'm not only talking to my personality, I'm also talking to my shadow?" He nodded, "That's stupid, so are both of us just laying around on the boat?"

"No, I'm watching over your body as we speak."

"Let me see."

"Sure." The setting changed to a room with a single door. He motioned for me to follow and we walked in. I saw my unconscious body as if it were through a mask, and the room we were in was complete darkness save for the vision in front of me.

"I want to see what the crew is doing, how do I move?"

"I am in control, you can only watch." He replied. "But if you think it is safe to leave your body alone, then I can go out on deck."

"Of course I'm going to be safe!" I growled, "The worst that can happen to me is the little girl drawing on my face."

The vision moved, just like a normal head and went outside. As soon as he stepped out, we watched as a ship grazed past ours. "Think they are hostile?" He asked.

"If they are then I'll kill them." I replied, "The ship is full of a bunch of kids."

"I doubt you will be awake for the fight." He answered, "You rolled around like an untied barrel when we were sailing and you didn't move an inch."

"If there's a fight, I order you to protect The Leona then." I growled, "And furthermore, you better restrain me when I sleep normally."

"I promise." He said, bowing. "By the way, the next town we are going to."

"Yea what about it?"

"He might be there."

"Why would you think that?"

"I saw a rose in the ocean nearby."

"Well good, it'll be nice to see a friend that isn't under-aged." I replied, staring at the other crew members through the eyes of my shadow. It felt odd, and I felt weak.

Old December 12th, 2013 (04:28 PM).
A mad mind... hehe

Bass – Don’t rock the boat baby!

Bass had his eyes squeezed tightly as he struggled to sleep on. The voice just kept going on and his weary eyes opened up and he let out a weak groan. He just sighed as the conversation continued on below him and rustled his wings a bit. He ducked his head back in his wings, thinking that he could get at least a bit of protection from the very bright sunlight bearing down on them. No doubt it would be like this every day they were at sea, and with him being nocturnal he would have to find somewhere else to sleep. Perhaps there was a large enough room inside the ship where no light penetrated? It was highly impossible of course, but at least it would be darker than out here, and there was the bonus of closing a door and shutting off any noise from the other rooms and allowing him to rest in peace.

He yawned widely, showing off his sharp fangs and he fluttered down to the deck and made his way past the arguing pirates. Of course with his hook thumbs it was a bit difficult to open the doors, so he had to rely on his clawed feet to get on down below deck. He rubbed a bit at his eyes as he walked along the now empty hallways, glancing about until he found a nice empty room. There was a bed and a few bits of furniture lying there, but for the most part it was high enough to let him roost comfortably.

He closed the door and flapped up to the ceiling and quickly sunk his feet into a wooden beam, sighing as let his body fully relax and take in the calm air around him. He wrapped his wings around himself once more and closed his eyes. In truth he shouldn’t have expected to sleep for too long. They were out on the seas anyway, but once the ship began to rock about his eyes snapped open and he knew that something was wrong. The ship rocked about and a cabinet fell over as he could feel the boat turning about here and there and he flapped his wings in distress.

He curled up his body to let his hands grip the wood ceiling and he wrapped his wings tightly. For a few seconds there was only the rumbling sound of the ship moving along fast currents, then he heard a scratching sound. It was loud and sounded like they had hit a rock or something. Finally the shuddering died down and Bass warily let go of the ceiling and jumped down onto the ground.

He made his way out back on deck and looked about, “Uh… everything okay?” He asked. “Did we hit an earthquake or something?”
Old December 14th, 2013 (01:24 PM).
The Awakened
Crystal Tier

Meet the Sky Pirates! - Beginning of the Grand Line

Kuzo breathed a sigh of relief, finally letting go of the railing at the front of the ship and looking back toward the others to make sure they were alright. Everyone seemed mostly alright upon inspection, and from Bass's comments, he looked over the side of the ship to examine the damage caused by the two ships grazing. Surprisingly, or perhaps unsurprisingly, theirs was in much better condition than the other ship they had almost rammed into. Aside from a scratch along the side of the woodwork, it seemed fine. This was probably due to the Marine craftsmanship put into designing it. It certainly was sturdy.

As he examined the other ship, he found the exact opposite situation. The graze which barely damaged the Dream Chaser ended up making a larger scrape along the side of the other ship. He could see one individual in particular loudly cursing at the recent bit of damage dealt to the vessel. He had a peculiar bandaid across the bridge of his nose, a pair of large, angry-looking eyebrows, and a mostly shaved head of black hair aside from a mohawk colored white in the middle. Kuzo found it odd that the man was making such a big deal about that one dent on the ship when, upon inspection, the ship seemed to be covered will all manner of dents, holes, and scratches, more than half of which seemed more substantial than this fresh one. It looked like it would collapse any moment. At least, that was the opinion of Kuzo.

"You guys alright?" Kuzo asked from his ship across to the other one. He could see the mohawked man continue to curse wildly while mostly ignoring him, already trying to attend to the injuries of the ship. Instead, he directed his question to the others on board, particularly to a man close to the front, who had medium length black hair and an almost equally displeased look on his face.

"What the f*ck?!" he yelled in all directions, before turning over to Kuzo. "How stupid you are? Seriously? Didn't you see our ship?" He continued to complain, slapping his own face in frustration. He spat more complaints in a mumbled mix of obscenities under his breath.

"The ship is fine, Captain," a weak voice came from behind the captain, making his meek appearance known. His brown hair was at the mercy of the sea winds, blowing in every direction in a unkempt mess. Dark tired eyes refused to make eye contact with the captain, as he dug his hands in a green jacket before pulling out a piece of gum and chewing it softly. He returned his hands to a black pair of pants as he looked over at the captain. "We should probably get the ship fixed at the next-"

"We wouldn't be in this mess if you stopped breaking everything Kurisu!" the captain roared, blowing Kurisu's hair if every direction.

"Look, Liam just told me to tell you that," Kurisu protested, putting his hands up in defense.

"God, why do we keep you around!?" The captain continued to complain, throwing his hands up in the air before almost yanking a few hairs out of his steaming head.

"If Liam didn't get us lost in the first place, none of this would have happened!" A dark-skinned, very feminine-sounding interjected. He was tall, giant even, easily towering over everyone else on the ship as he exaggeratingly bent over and glared at the mohawked man who was going between examining the damage of the ship to eyeing a large map while coordinating with a loge post he held in open hand. Even from this distance, Kuzo could see the map didn't even appear to be of this area.

"Shut yer trap, Goa-Boa, I'm figurin' it out!" The mohawked, band-aid nosed man barked back, intensely trying to focus on the map in his hands while brisking away the giant with his free hand which tightly clutched the log pose.

"Hey! You guuuys," Another, lighter voice whined to her fellow crewmates. Her dark hair draped over a pair of thick glasses. She appeared to be reading something, though the fact she had a pen in her friend might of suggesting she was doodling something as well. "Let's calm down. No reason we can't be friends. After all, we made it to the Grand Line! There is plenty to look forward to!"

"If you can call this making it to it..." Kurisu said, hiding his remark underneath a large bubble from his gum.

"They must be the worst pirates I've ever seen," Morgan said, as he approached Kuzo. The two look at each other silently agreeing on some level or another. They may not see eye to eye yet, having barely known each other, but whatever was happening Morgan would commend Kuzo for at least recognizing the failure of a pirate crew that stood before them on a broken down ship.

"Oh, they are always like that."

"They need some counseling."

"Oh gee! I hope not!"

"Well," Morgan turned to face the nameless group. Beside him was a small girl...dressed as a penguin. Her wide eyed expression beamed at Morgan with a bright smile. He leapt back almost into Kuzo's arms before regaining his composure. "Where did you come from?"

"Over there!" The penguin girl said, pointing at the ship. "My name is Kerru! What's your name?"

Morgan, off guard, glanced at Kuzo before looking back at Kerru. Hardly good with kids, he had little idea of what to do and Kuzo was more entranced with the other ship to help out. "Morgan..."

"Nice to meet you! Heyyyy" Kerru yelled at the other ship. "Morgan said he is going to help usss!"

"W-wait! I didn't say that!"

"Let's look on the bright side, you guuuys!" The young girl in glasses said to her fellow crewmates. "We're in the Grand Line, we're not dead! And we met some new friends!" She exclaimed, motioning her hand to the opposing ship.

"Hi there! We're the Sky Pirates! I'm Matterine, first mate!" He yelled excitedly, motioning her hands wildly in waves. "This is the Captain, Dekuranu!" She said, grabbing hold of the medium-length haired man who was yelling earlier by the shirt and pointing to him. "The mohawked guy is our navigator, Liam Moru!" She said, pointing to him as he tried to make out the direction they had to go. Liam angrily looked up at the mention of his name, before just as angrily looking back down at the map. "Our shipwright here is Goberra D. Kurisu," Pointing to the brown-haired man with the green jacket, to which Kurisu simply waved before staring out into space with a large bubble popping. "That's Kerru on your own ship, and this big guy here is Goa-Boa, the doctor!" Goa-Boa bowed his upper-body, almost making his head reach the Dream Chaser as he eyed all of the others on the opposing ship, in a somewhat creepy fashion. "And our last member is uh...uh..."

She looked around, trying to find his location, just as a man swooped in from the crow's nest of the opposing ship. He skated down the various ropes and sails of the ship and leaped from the edge of his own ship toward that of the Dream Chaser. He landed with a thump right on the edge of their ship, with his knees bent and his arms relaxing over them. He had dark purple hair, dull gold eyes, a red sleeveless shirt with a brown-beige coat slung over his right shoulder, and dark purple pants. Scars were
prominently displayed across parts of his body, including a noticeable 'X' mark on his left forearm.

"Vane T. Edward," The man introduced himself. He held a stern glare on his face as he eyed the pirates, before turning his attention to the inscription of 'Marines' on the front of their sail. Even if the flag above had been ripped out, that still remained. But his stern glare somewhat dissipated as his eyes set on a particular member of the crew. "Well, they're not Marines," he shouted back to the others on the other crew. "AND ALL OF YOU STOP SHOUTING ALL THE TIME, YOU'RE GIVING ME A HEADACHE!" He roared back to the his crew, yelling ironically even louder than most of the other members had done. He turned back to the pirates on the Dream Chaser, and nodded to the Burning King. "Been a long time, Wright D. Morgan."

Paired with the manly SV
Old December 16th, 2013 (08:11 AM).
A mad mind... hehe

Bass – New Pirates!?

Just as Bass had come out on deck only to see another ship outside as well and his mind quickly figured out what had happened. Whoever had been steering the ship had hit this ship and that had caused all of the shaking and shuddering, either that or those rapids that he saw behind the ship had caused the shaking about. Well either way they were now stopped next to another ship that looked worse for wear. Bass had never seen a ship in such horrible condition and he couldn’t help but wonder why it hadn’t fallen apart days ago and sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

Of course as Bass was taking this all in he was also taking in all of the conversation that was happening over there now. Although the other crew had started out shouting at Kuzo, they quickly turned to each other and started blaming each other for what had happened. Then they started going on about being lost and how they really didn’t make it to the Grand Line and Bass couldn’t help but hang his head. If this was what pirate crews were really like, he was glad that Kuzo picked him up at least.

However, it seemed their trip was going to be delayed even more. Bass had thought that at the very least they would simply apologize then just go on their way. It wasn’t as if this ship could follow them around at high speeds, but then Morgan introduced himself and suddenly the other crew was rushing on to say that they were now helping them. Bass blinked his eyes in surprise at the sudden turn of events, but now that he realized it he shouldn’t be so surprised. They were pirates after all and one of the things pirates did, or that he at least heard about whenever he would hide in one of the villages, was that they were able to turn the tables in any situation.

As the other crew introduced themselves one man came forth and called himself Edward. With one quick look Bass could see that his body was covered with scars, which only caused Bass to wince. Just how had he gotten so many and not be bothered by them? Apparently this man knew Morgan, but if that was true then how come Morgan hadn’t known any of the other crew on board? Bass made his way over to Kuzo and whispered softly into his ear, “Oh… forgot to mention sir, my ears are very sensitive. If you don’t trust them I can always listen in to their conversations, even murmuring ones I can pick up.” Bass wrapped his wings around himself again as he looked over all the crew mates on that ship. Well, as long as one of them didn’t scream and start firing when they saw him then they could stay for a bit he supposed… he just hoped it didn’t last too long. It wouldn’t be well at all if he already went into a blood lust here.
Old December 23rd, 2013 (11:17 PM).
Furude
Moderator, CS

Nature: Mild

Bridges L. Skellen

The Taipan

Skellen emerged onto the deck once more as the boat gave something of a jolt as it began to race up the mountain, a near unbelievable sight really, having helped move the unconscious body of the gigantic Leon below deck and remained behind to check his vitals under the sedative.
Not exactly surprised that he’s okay, although that would have been enough to kill someone of a normal size.

Skellen was shaken from his brooding as out of nowhere another boat appeared at the side of their own, scratching against the size of whatever-they-were-calling-their-ship and leaving quite a nasty gash in their own. The ships colliding rocked both vessels, both still moving through the current, and if Skellen hadn’t had decent balance he’d probably have gone rolling across the deck. When the ships finally stopped moving he couldn’t help but feel a tad dizzy… and then there was the noise.

One of the pirates on the other ship, for it was indeed another pirate ship, began screaming at the top of his lungs. Honestly, Skellen couldn’t see why one more dent in the remarkably sturdy boat would make a difference. It was covered in dings, scratches, holes and gashes and it looked hardly sea worthy at all. The situation calmed at last and Skellen took the opportunity to stroll over the deck to the side of the boat unable to restrain a laugh at Morgan attempting to talk to a child… who had somehow ended up on their ship.

So, we’ve got a navigator who has no idea where they’re going, a weird kid in a penguin suit, a shipwright who may as well be doing his job blind folded, a giant rivalling Leon who is supposed to be a doctor, the captain with anger issues but no bite by the looks of things and then this guy… the only one who actually appears to be a serious pirate… and he knows Morgan. Grand. Well at least they’re probably not even close to a threat to us. Skellen didn’t say anything just yet, he felt it would be a good idea to see how things played out with Morgan and the new guy, so for the time being he decided simply to lean in the ship’s railing and watch a look of amusement on his face.

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old December 24th, 2013 (12:34 PM).
See You Space Cowboy

Wright D. Morgan and Vane T. Edward - The Beginning of the Grand Line

"Eddy? Is that you?" Morgan said with his eyebrows raised and shortness of breath. He was shocked and surprised. A pleasant surprise which was welcome considering all the excitement of the past few years. "How long has it been?"

"It's Edward, get it right!" He roared in Morgan's face. "After all these years, you haven't changed a bit! It musta been..." Edward looked up into the sky, as if to remember the exact last moment he saw his friend and rival. Coincidentally, the memory was freshly lodged in his brain. When he was 16, they had agreed to go their separate ways from their hometown of Sunnyside Island and pursue their dreams. For Edward, it was to become known as the physically "strongest man in the world." He looked back down at Morgan. "...eight years. Yeah, that was the last time."

"Wow." That's all Morgan could say. The last conversation they had was eight years ago. Morgan barely remembered what he last told Edward. All he could do was stare at the waves of the ocean gently rock the two ships. Whereas Edward had strong aspirations, Morgan simply wanted to be free. Had he accomplished that? That became debatable. Morgan leaned over and looked at the crew that Edward had mustered. "I see you are making great progress," Morgan said with a sly smile, hoping that Edward would catch his drift.

Edward's frustrated expression turned from Morgan to his own crew, and he glared at them. "They're a bunch of lousy, useless fools!" He declared, loud enough so that even they heard. He then turned back to Morgan. "Honestly they wouldn't have gotten this far if I was there to pull them out of the fire! They have no idea what they're doing!" He howled. He seemed frustrated, but if Morgan would have remember his friend, he would recall he was often prone to anger and frustration, sometimes rather easily. "But they're alright, I suppose," He commented, appearing to calm down somewhat. "They haven't gotten in the way of my goal, so I can keep them around."

He let a grin cover his face, before realizing he had one on his face, and cringing his expression to quickly turn it into a frown and cover his mouth. "Sorry for my rudeness," He said quietly. Edward often had a habit of apologizing whenever he laughed or smiled because he was taught (likely as a joke) as a child that it was impolite. "But I've gotten stronger, Morgan. Much stronger than last time. I even have a Devil Fruit now."

Morgan laughed. "Oh, did you?" He smiled. Morgan was happy to see Edward had not changed, keeping his passion in tact and his anger driving his actions. Shame his crew was about as useless (or at least dysfunctional) they seemed. They would probably slow Edward down. "I am willing to bet it sucks compared to mine. No doubt you heard what I can do," Morgan said with his confidence creeping ever close to arrogance. Come to think of it, Morgan wasn't even sure if Edward had a bounty. After all, while stories of the Burning King roamed the seas, there was nothing of Vane T. Edward registering in Morgan's head. He decided to save that remark for later.

Edward nodded. "I've heard of the Burning King. But-" He grunted, allowing his Devil Fruit to take hold of his body. His features quickly transformed, taking the shape of a beast-like form. He had an orange fur across his body with black stripes. When the transformation was complete, he appeared to have gained size and strength, causing their ship to tilt a bit from the added weight. He appeared in the form of a half human, half tiger form. "This tiger doesn't fear fire. I ate the Neko Neko no Mi, Model: Tiger!" He roared, showing his form in all its ferocity. He clenched his fists and tightened his arm and chest muscles. "I can rip through wood, bricks, metal...and flesh like it was paper!"

Morgan whistled with a small spark of fire leaving his lips. Eddy's been busy, he thought to himself. Maybe, just maybe, he could pull it off. That's assuming Kuzo doesn't get too excited and wants to beat up Edward now that he showed off. Morgan needed to change the subject and avoid an unnecessary fight. Plus, he needed to get whatever ship he found himself on back on course so he could snatch it from Kuzo. "So, where is your crew headed?" Morgan asked, implying that a crew as disconnected as Edward's had a destination in mind.

"Same place every other pirate crew around is headed," He replied, transforming back into his regular human form, causing the weight of the ship to return to normal and rock back and forth against the waves. "Same place I thought you were going as well." He stepped off the ledge of the ship onto the deck and crossed his arms at Morgan, before looking around at the others on his crew. "You've heard of the rumors of the Royals' treasure at Duke Island, right?" Kuzo, listening from the side at their conversation, suddenly jerked up and paid even closer attention at the word 'treasure'.

"No. I honestly haven't. Have you, Kuzo?" Morgan asked turning to the Captain. Likely Morgan's lack of pirating knowledge came from being locked in a cell and/or hanging out with Marines for far too long. Marines rarely talk about pirates unless it was about bounties or who messed up what city.

Kuzo shook his head in response. "Can't say that I have, but I'm all ears now."

"Tsk, tsk," Edward began, shaking his head. "Where have you been, Morgan? Stuck in prison? I thought everyone within a thousands miles would have heard something of it." He looked between the Captain and Morgan, and then sighed. "Eh...I probably shouldn't tell, but I suppose as a favor to an old friend, I'll oblige."

He turned around, and pointed toward the direction of the sea. "Off in that direction is Duke Island. Back in the good ol' days, it was territory of the King Pirates. It was also one of the first battlegrounds between the Kings and the Marines. The Kings guarded that island like it was the Pirate King's own mother for most of the war. For years they still held it as their territory. It wasn't until the Kings finally broke apart that they lost the claim to the island. But most of you already know about this. Now...here's what you don't know."

He looked around at the crew members aboard the former Navy ship and continued. "About a month ago, a rumor started spreading around that the reason the Kings wanted to protect Duke Island so well was because they hid something there...something valuable." He looked over the crew again. "Really valuable. No one payed much attention to the rumor then, thinking it was just gossip. But after Siver's execution, the rumor started up again...vigorously. This time, pirate crews from around the seas, inside and outside the Grand Line, started making their way to Duke Island to try to find it. That's where we're headed too."

He put his arms up and shrugged. "I honestly don't care much for the treasure itself. Even if it turns out to be One Piece itself, which a lot of people think it is. I'm only going because, with that many different pirate crews showing up, this means I'll have plenty of tough opponents to fight."

Morgan meanwhile was the opposite. He much rather have the treasure. The King Pirates were known for gathering some riches. It was even said that the riches they had were beyond comprehension. At least that was one rumor he heard. With some wealth to his name, Morgan could get a new ship (or upgrade the one on hand), get a new crew and travel the seas under his own Jolly Roger. The fighting did not interest Morgan in the least. That was always Edward's turf. And that honor could be Kuzo's. "Well, Captain, are we going to join our little group of friends here and head to Duke Island?"

Kuzo smiled delightedly. Even if he usually carried his quiet disposition, he had a stirring ambition behind it. Once he set his mind to something, there were few people who could talk him out of it. That said, he made up his mind on their current course. "We're going," He declared, staring out to the open sea in the supposed direction of Duke Island.

Old December 26th, 2013 (10:04 AM).
Quantum
Silver Tier

Hayden Vance | The beginning of the Grand Line

Vance watched the pirates on the wrecked ship stumble about, shouting at each other from his spot up at the helm. They seemed like a dysfunctional family, and Vance had never heard of the ‘Sky Pirates’, nor any of their names, so he figured they were a new crew. And from the looks of things, they weren’t going to last very long, especially not with a ship like that. However, as the guy who introduced himself as Vane T. Edward arrived on their ship, Vance’s eyes widened a little as he seemingly knew Morgan. And anyone who knew Morgan was bound to be trouble.

He crouched a little down to semi-hide behind the railing, peering down the stairs at the two of them chatting away, just barely managing to listen in on what they were saying. His brows raised as the guy in front of Morgan turned into a tiger-man, causing the ship to tilt a little, a little whine escaping Vance’s lips.
A carnivore-Zoan! How unlucky can we be?! He’s probably going to tear everybody but Morgan to shreds…

Thankfully, the guy turned back into a human and the two, now joined by Kuzo, began talking about some kind of treasure on Duke Island. Vance seemed to vaguely recall someone talking about it, but couldn’t pinpoint it to anyone or anywhere in particular, so he simply continued listening in. The idea of going to find treasure did interest Vance, as it did their captain, seemingly. The issue being that the –other- crew were going to find it as well, which would most likely result in some sort of fight between either the captains, or the crews in their entirety, and Vance, for one, wasn’t looking forward to a full-on fight with Leon being knocked out and under deck.

Vance popped his head up over the railing to peer down at the three, clearing his throat lightly.
“So, uh… how exactly are we planning to… -get- to Duke Island? We don’t have an eternal pose, right? We don’t even have a log pose, actually…”
The question was more directed to Morgan than to Kuzo, considering Kuzo didn’t have the faintest idea of where they’d get a log pose from, or at least that’s what it seemed like to Vance.

art by Churaka
Old December 30th, 2013 (12:04 PM).
A mad mind... hehe

Bass - Poses what now?

Bass's strong ears picked up every word of the conversation that happened between the pirates. So... his name was Edward... and he had a devil fruit. Okay, that wasn't so bad. Most of the crew did have devil fruits of some kind and all. Besides, what was the worst that could happen now? His eyes however widened at the form Edward took. Great... a carnivore. Sort of like him but entirely different! At least he didn't kill people to get his meals. He just took a bit of blood and after a while their wounds would heal... but carnivores ripped you up and ate you whole! Still... he couldn't have eaten others. He still had a human mind and all and would never resort to cannibalism... right?

Bass was more nervous now as he rubbed his thumb hooks against each other and took in a few calming breaths. It was okay. Like he had thought before, they had many devil fruit users on their own ship. If Edward tried to come on over and eat them he had no doubt that Morgan and Kuzo could be enough to send him crashing into the ocean. They were safe with those two so really he didn't have to worry... but he still did. His worry slightly decreased as he heard Edward talk about a sort of treasure on an island. Although the treasure itself didn't cause him to get excited, it was the mention of this Duke Island that caused his ears to twitch in excitement. If there was an island... then there were bound to be feral animals there... and if there were animals there, then he could fly around and find a meal!

Though that dream quickly fell flat as he heard the new of multiple crews heading over to the island. He supposed if they all gathered in one specific location and didn't bother going to the other parts of the island, he could find a potential meal then... but with so many crews going and with Edward touting that every single crew had heard of this treasure, then the odds were greatly decreased that he would so much as be able to bite into a neck without being seen. If that was the case, then it was no big deal. There were plenty of islands out here right? All he would have to do is find a map of some sort and look it over to see where he would need to go. Kuzo was friendly enough and the captain anyways. He could trust on Kuzo to make up some reason to go to a new island and allow him to hunt, he was friendly that way.

The talk of poses from Vance however caused Bass to tilt his head in confusion. Poses? What were poses? He went on over to his eh... he supposed he really was a crew mate and gave him a light poke with one of his thumb hooks, "Uh... what are poses?" He asked with naive looking eyes.
Old December 31st, 2013 (01:27 AM).
Quantum
Silver Tier

Hayden Vance | The Beginning of the Grand Line

As Vance waited for Kuzo or Morgan to respond to his question, he felt a light poke at his side, causing him to jump a little in surprise, turning around as he blinked at the man-bat standing in front of him, which caught him even further off-guard. However, his question quickly brought him back to reality.

“Oh, uhm… well, due to the strong magnetic currents on practically every island in the Grand Line, you can’t use a normal compass and thus, not a map either. So… you need a log pose.”

He gestured to his bare wrist. “It’s basically a small globe with an arrow inside of it that you strap onto your wrist. It attunes to the nearest island, usually, and is then stuck like that. Once you arrive at the island, the pose has to attune to –that- island’s magnetic field before pointing towards a new island. An eternal pose is kind of the same, but it’s permanently locked to one island only, so no matter where you are in the world, you’d be able to find your way to it.”

Lifting a hand, he rubbed the back of his neck slightly, offering the guy he thought he heard introduced as Bass earlier a smile. He didn’t seem all that bad, definitely a lot nicer than his appearance led to believe and not a bloodthirsty wild card like Morgan og Leon. “And… uh, since we have neither, it’s going to be really hard, and dangerous, travelling around on the Grand Line, so I’m hoping –someone- has a pose of some description.” He added as he glanced back down to the group chatting.

art by Churaka
Old January 6th, 2014 (07:12 PM).
The Awakened
Crystal Tier

Wright D. Morgan- Beginning of the Grand Line

"Log pose...right," Morgan said to Hayden. And Kuzo probably didn't think that far ahead when he stole a...Marine ship. Maybe he is smarter than he looks. Wait Morgan. Let's not give this guy any credit. He just got lucky. "Wait right here. I think we may be in luck," Morgan ordered to the crew, allowing Kuzo to fool around and do "Captain-y" things. Though in all fairness, he already seemed like one so far with Hayden and Morgan being the only reasonable people on this vessel. Morgan tried his best to neglect such thoughts. He had to focus on the task on hand.

Morgan instead tossed his mind back to the select few times he had found himself on Marine ships. Most were virtually indentical as the World Government focused on mass production of basic ship designs in a vain attempt to match the sheer number of pirate ships that roamed the seas. Therefore if you boarded one, you pretty much boarded them all. Of course, Morgan had to remember that this ship was a new model and possibly a different set of rules were followed when constructing it. Then again, this was the Marines. Creativity was hardly a requirement to join.

Morgan skipped down to where the Captain's quarters was usually located on most schematics and barged in with reckless abandon. As he predicted, there was a desk, clean and pristine. "If I was a dumb Marine where would I store my poses?" Morgan plopped into the chair and sighed heavily. The chair was comfortable and he enjoyed the view for a moment. With a smile, he lunged forward and tore the desk apart drawer by drawer until he found the gold mine of poses. There were handful of eternal poses for key locations on the Grand Line until he found one standard log pose. "Bingo."

With a shrewd smile, he returned to the deck and tossed the pose to Hayden. "Navigate us."

Paired with the manly SV
Old January 8th, 2014 (02:14 PM).
See You Space Cowboy

Tristan D. Kuzo - Beginning of the Grand Line

Fortune was with them, as Morgan disappeared for a bit and returned to find the much-needed log pose. This worked out well, as the Sky Pirates didn't have one of their own either. With a broken ship and no navigation (and apparently also no skill to fix the ship), Kuzo had to wonder what the disfunctional group of pirates would have done if they hadn't come along to help them out. In the end, Kuzo decided to let them tie up their wrecked boat to the end of his ship, and drag them along to Duke Island. There, they'd hopefully get the necessary supplies to fix their ship.

In the meantime, the two crew decided to get a bit familiar with each other. The Skys, like Kuzo's crew, had a few Devil Fruits among them. Aside from Edward, the Captain Dekuranu possessed the Paramecia Yeru Yeru no Mi, or the Yell-Yell fruit, which allowed him to create loud, noisy soundwaves out of his mouth, which proved to be quite damaging (and explained for part of the damages to their ship. The First mate Matterine possessed the Ink-Ink Fruit, which allows her to makes any drawings she created come to life. She tried to entertain both crews with her drawings along their path to Duke Island.

Kuzo enjoyed their company immensely. Like them, the Sky Pirates came together towards the Grand Line at the call of Alexander "Throne" Sivers. Their goals were numerous, but all wanted the chance to travel the exciting seas ahead. If they didn't already belong to their crew, Kuzo would have probably tried to recruit them. Instead, he elected to enjoy the company of fellow similar-minded adventurers.

A few hours had passed as they sailed along the open seas. The pirates of both ships did various activities over the course of the journey, including dancing merrily, drinking, singing songs, training, sleeping, eating, and whatever else they elected to do with their time. However, from the crow's nest of the Dream Chaser, and through the navigation by Vance, an island was spotted on the horizon.

Spoiler:

Duke Island, for many years, had been territory under the King Pirates. In the early years, Morris D. Rallo, who would become the Pirate King, visited the island on one of his many stops through the Grand Line. It was home to a forest-like island with an abundance of crops and greenery. It also possessed a major port and city, and the large mountain of the Royal Peak overlooking it. The rumors of his ventures on the island are far-reaching and speculative, but somehow Rallo had managed to gain the favor (or the obedience) of the entire citizenry in the large city of Regal City. Soon after, he declared the island under his protection and it became the first of many islands which would be under his territory. Other pirates and sailors who ventured to the island would find an entire city completely and utterly devoted to the King Pirates. Being a major producer of wheat and fish, they constantly sent supplies of beer and food as (apparently) willing tributes to the Kings. They were repaid with constant business and rewards from the Kings and many other Pirate crews. Most pirate crews could come there as stay as long as they wished, the island acting almost as a safe haven from the World Government. They even decided to rename their town, their island, and their port (Port Vassal) in honor of their crew. Very few citizens even remember what the previous names of the places were. As far as they were concerned, this had always been their original names.

Then came the War Against the King Pirates initiated by Fleet Admiral Kanaru, with Duke Island being one of the very first battlegrounds in a bloody war. The Kings held the island successfully for years, but eventually as Rallo fell, so did the island. In the mess of the war, most of the city was destroyed and many citizens left, though a small, loyal portion remained in the ruins of what was now Regal Town, a wreckage of a place, and a shadow of its former glory. The town became so compacted and small, Port Vassal (which had been heavily damaged, but was relatively standing) was now larger than it. Some pirates crews came through as a simple rest stop, a footnote along their journey through the Grand Line. The people who remained had barely enough to scrap by, with nothing but the memories of the glory days to keep them going.

But recently, things began to stir on Duke Island. Rumors of legendary treasures hidden on the Island by the King Pirates had led an pirates from all across to venture to the once-famous island. As Kuzo watched from the front of the Dream Chaser, he saw the old, ruined and wrecked Port Vassal in front of him, as well as the small Regal Town up in front of it, right under the large behemoth of the Royal Peak overlooking it. As they pulled in to the port, he noticed that the rumors were certainly attracting people. All across the port, (and as Kuzo noticed all around the island as well) dozens of ships were parked, with people exiting and heading to explore the island, with most of them heading to the direction of the town. Upon inspection of these ships, more particularly their flags, Kuzo found that all of them that he could see belonged to pirates. The closer they got, the more Kuzo heard the rowdy crowd of people exiting the ships, with the occasional popping and blasting of gunshots and cannonfire occurring around the island and town. Yelling, screaming, drinking, and even sometimes fighting was rampant throughout, but at the moment it looked like they were letting off steam than intensely brawling. However, with a possibility of legendary, hidden treasure hanging in the balance, that atmosphere was poised to changed at any moment. All it would likely need is a spark.

The Dream Chaser, with the Sky Pirates ship in tow, arrived at the port, and dropped anchor. The pirates began pilling off of the ship.

"Well, here we are," Kuzo announced, observing the surrounding scenery and the people who occupied it. "Duke Island,"

"A melting pot," Edward murmured to himself, crossing his arms, narrowing his eyes on the pirates who walked across the surface rather than the island itself.

"Well, we gotta get our repairs goin' on our ship, so we're heading to town. I'm guessin' that's where we'll find locals with possible info da treasure too," Liam Moru commented, as he placed his hands on his hips. He kicked the side of the Sky Pirates ship, which caused the wood to puncture and his foot to break through, and his foot to get caught in the splinters. "Aww, dang it!" He cursed, grabbing onto his legs and trying to force his leg out.

"STOP BREAKING MY SHIP!" Captain Dekuranu howled at the trapped Moru, and the two of them began entering a heated argument as they each tried to outyell the other (A difficult task for Moru given Dekuranu's Devil Fruit). Vane T. Edward, angry at their incessant babbling, quickly stormed over to the two of them and began shouting, ironically, for them to stop shouting at each other. The trio began a back and forth of roaring at each other. Kuzo watched them for a moment, and shook his head, before turning to his own crew.

"Well, our best bet is the town. The locals probably know more about this treasure than the pirates around, and something tells me none of them are going to share anything they know anyway," He said with a light chuckled. He proceeded forward to the small, worn town just ahead of them, which was bustling with activity from the pirates of other crews also making their way there. As Kuzo walked toward the town, he noticed other pirates glaring at them as they passed by, some with fuming looks, others with a hint of nervousness or agitation. They were mostly all here for the same reason, and by the looks of them, none were willing to give it up.

Something big was going to happen on Duke Island, and it was likely going to happen soon.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)