Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page [Other] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (IC)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old November 12th, 2013 (12:53 PM).
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
Uh-oh, she's mad. I'm officially petrified now. I make a quick hand movement which moves my round orb of liquid over to the next torch, and whilst Shima is distracted with trying to pin me down, and give me the pep talk, I can let that heat up slowly.

"Eeek!" I scream as two metal poles pin me to the wall, puncturing a rather large hole in my shirt. Shima is coming close, I can feel un-welcoming air surrounding her, and suddenly I find that I'm wriggling for my freedom. There's only one way out of this. KICK IN THE FACE! KAPOW!

As my kick violently hits Shima, I wiggle out of my top, luckily for me I wore another top today, otherwise I may have been running half naked. Ergh, how embarrassing would that be.

I run towards my water source, still floating above the torch, and release it, feeling the hot vapor touching my skin and warming it up like a million tiny kisses. The hot water heads in her direction. I can't do anything else but sit and wait to see what happens now. Please hit.

Old November 12th, 2013 (01:28 PM).
The Lunar Beauty

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to DarkMoonPhase Send a message via Skype™ to DarkMoonPhase

Shima Aono

The Gymnasium

Shima was just about to swing in her fist when Yuri went for a kick, but only Shima was prepared. She brought her covered knuckles to meet the girls kick, and watched as she wiggled free of her shirt, escapping with another on. The girl ran away, and Shima removed her needles from the wall. She had calmed down by now, and had kept her magnetic attraction spell up so she could stick the needles on her arm like a weapon rack. The only reason she was calm was because she was strating to like this, Yuri person. Yuri had gots, and she liked that. Shima was having fun. Just as she turned around, she saw a hot waterball coming towards her. Again? Oh well. Charging, Shima let herself be hit by the water ball, not knowing that the water had been boiled. She charged head first, and as soon as the water hit her, she let out a string of loud curses like never before.

The water was hot, and it hurt. Shima shook it away, and broke the rest of her wristbands into pieces, forming about five more needles and adding them to the current two on her arm. "Let's play a game. You have seven chances, and I've got seven needles. You figure out the rest." She smirked, and lifted her left hand face down. She put a needle on her hand like before, and changed the polarity in her right hand, causing the needle to launch like a bullet. It's called Dodgeneedles. One!" She called. The needle was aimed to zip past her face, and cut of a tiny strand of hair.

Shima rushed forward, following behind the needle. Her knuckle covered hand held back. "Go!" She called playfully.
Old November 13th, 2013 (07:11 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

A needles goes brushing past my face with strands of blue of an aqueous colour seem to fly by my face as if in a slow moving action scene, and suddenly I find myself attempting to lean back in attempt to avoid the attack, however I am quickly met by a floor, and now I'm finished. There is nothing else to do but let her give me more attacks. I hold up my shaking hand as the ref gasps in disbelief, and I let out a small cry for a forfeit. I guess that means I failed. What now? Does my teachers disqualify me from this prestigious school as if I was naught more than a subject for Shima? I hold my breath, for Shima and the ref's reactions. I wouldn't be surprised if Shima got angry, for she is quite hot-headed, although I fail to say it out to her. Other than that she seemed like such a nice person, but I guess this is goodbye.

A few members of staff quickly surround my weak body to help me up and take me away, and I feel quite guilty for not being stronger. Was I right to forfeit?

The hospital room is nice, however I keep declining the offer to stay longer, as most of the people have requested, not ordered. I hate hospitals, the smell and everything, but I just don't like my reason for being here. I'm not hurt, just exhausted and slightly faint. These kind of illnesses can easily be cured with a white lotus flower and some basil. Thinking about illnesses reminds me of home a lot...

Old November 13th, 2013 (09:40 AM).
I will kill the strong ones

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz

Scarlett Rose
Pyromancer from the "Rose" family
Vale Institute - Fields

Scarlett carefully listened to the introduction from the teacher. Appearently they were supposed to battle each other for some reason, a reason that Scarlett wasn't able to hear because some students next to her started whispering about an Aeromancer from the "Igna" family. Scarlett had heard about this family once when her mother started training her. She told Scarlett that she had to get as strong as possible to protect herself, this was the promise she made to her mother before she died. Just thinking about the training made Scarlett realize how much her life has changes since that night, however, one question has never been answered... Why was she granted these powers?

"Jason Barrett versus Crystal Nightwish, Shion Igna versus Indigo Rogers, Maristella Reilly versus Nicholas Skye, Nathan Steele versus Kayla Wash, Scarlett Rose versus -" Scarlett carefully listened to the list of names that had to battle each other but when Scarlett finally heard her name, the whispering next to her started again. "That girl is a Rose?!" She heard. Scarlett slowly glanced at the two boys in suprise. "Impossible! She doesn't look dangerous at all!" The other boy replied. Scarlett was quite suprised of their reactions but this also raised some questions. What did they mean by "She's a Rose"?.

Scarlett stood up and was about to approach them but decided that she should battle first. "Are you sure if that's impossible? She's quite pretty though." Scarlett walked downstairs but after hearing this she almost ran. She hated these kinds of jokes the most, he would probably say that he was kidding and that he found her ugly. All the bullies that she has known up until know said these kind of things.

Scarlett searched around and heard someone say "Scarlett Rose versus Sytano Morgan? But they are both pyromancers, right?". This meant that the person she had to fight was called "Sytano". Scarlett approached some girls, probably about the same age as her and asked "Do you know who Sytano is?". "Oh yes, I do. That guy over there is Sytano Morgan." One of them answered kindly and pointed at a black haired guy that was probably taller than Scarlett. "Oh I see... Thank you!" Scarlett walked away. While approaching the black haired boy, she thought about the bullies that almost drove her to commit suicide.

"Who is it that chooses our steps in the dance? Who drives us mad? Lashes us with whips and crowns us with victory when we survive the impossible? Who is it, that does all of these things?" Scarlett thought as she walked towards the boy with closed eyes and held her breath. "Who honors those we love for the very life we live? Who sends monsters to kill us, and at the same time sings that we will never die? Who teaches us what's real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend? Who chains us? And Who holds the key that can set us free..." Scarlett opened her eyes and seemed more encouraged than she was before. "It's You. You have all the weapons you need. Now Fight!" Scarlett stood in front of the black haired boy who was supposed to be Sytano. "Are you Sytano Morgan? I am Scarlett Rose. According the list we are supposed to battle each other." Scarlett spoke with a warm smile on her face and a sweet voice.

Old November 13th, 2013 (11:55 AM). Edited November 15th, 2013 by Songbird.
Hey, do you want to wreak havoc with me?

Send a message via Skype™ to Songbird

Shion's punch pounded into Indigo at an unbelievable speed, and as he felt his body taking off from the impact his mind seemed to work on a heightened level... his thoughts flying through his mind—some kind of superhuman level of perception you could only acquire in a life-threatening situation. In that instant, he reached with all his might, and surprised himself. Somehow he had managed to grasp Shion's arm... but what was this feeling? The pain in his hands, like they were being peeled apart, layer by layer. He could hardly bear it. Was he really going to lose without landing a single hit? Losing in just one punch?

This isn't exactly how I wanted to go out, he told himself.

No! he shouted in his head. I can still fight! And yet... he had no energy left. His body didn't have the heat he needed to draw from. Although, he could get it from an outside source. The magic around Shion's fist was generating the friction he required. It wasn't going to be pretty, but Indigo could at least go out on his own terms. A spark flew from Indigo's bleeding palms.

I hope to Hell this works...!

Boom

The brief moment of Indigo's superpowered thoughts had passed, and an explosion rose from the combatants' limbs—a blaze Indigo no longer had the capacity to tame—engulfing the two before firing them off in opposite directions. The last thought he could remember was that doing it was an incredibly stupid idea.

An ear-piercingly loud explosion dominated the rising screams of the students, and many shoved their fingers in their now-ringing ears to stave off going deaf. Indigo was launched off the ground, decimating a boulder with his spine and slamming into another before he came to a stop. Shion was blown across the dirt, rolling and bouncing more than a few times before she could regain control. Her arms and legs were mostly safe despite being at the center of the explosion thanks to her spells, and she managed to slow herself down before crashing into a boulder herself.

Indigo managed to stay conscious long enough to see the damage he caused, his wobbling eyes having trouble focusing. He did, however, see his opponent. Aside from dirt and blood covering her torso, Shion's shirt, skirt and hair were ripped and singed, but that was the extent of her damage. Maybe a few burns underneath the blood, a broken rib, a mildly-bruised femur judging by how she held herself up, along with a dislocated shoulder that she promptly popped back into place before deciding to have a post-fight stretch, but it was nothing like the sight the paramedics had seen of Indigo.

His body was dirtied with blood, and the boulders had taken out a few ribs and his left leg from being blown into them. His arm was knocked right out of its socket, so the medics immediately set it back where it belonged (which only brought Indigo even more pain) before carrying him off and treating him with water magic.

"Winner," the announcing teacher so announcingly announced over the announcer speaker, "Shion Igna!"

Students cheered as the battle cleared up, clamoring about how "Rogers didn't stand a chance," and how cool the two fighters were. The girls desired Indigo, simultaneously hating and admiring Shion for her strength; the guys didn't want to be Indigo any time soon, and they either desired Shion or were moronic enough to claim they were going to be the first to defeat an Igna, as if they could make a competition out of it. All of this was, of course, among a crapton of other emotions such as fear, worry, envy, apathetic indifference and what have you.

Shion didn't care much for that. The supervising teacher approached and congratulated her for a spectacular fight, and the aeromancer thanked him for the opportunity to show her capabilities. Before any students would be able to speak with her as well, Shion retrieved her cardigan and started to follow the path she saw the medics taking toward the infirmary.

"The first priority after surviving a battle," her father taught, "is to take care of your injuries before risking any more."
Old November 13th, 2013 (01:00 PM).
Not just an Eevee

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Veevee

Nicholas W. Skye

Gymnasium

Who I'm guessing is Maristella seems to be lost in her own world. It took a while for her to respond. And she responds with this:

"You aren't a girl,"

What the hell? Either she knows a ton of females named Nicholas, or she's just not right in the head. How dare she thinks I'm a girl! Let's just keep going before i get any angrier.

"I'm sorry,"

You better be sorry, because that was extremely mean! Uhh... moving on.

"Please, just call me Aris. You must be my opponent. Sky, is it?"

Uhh, yeah. I'm a Skye. Seriously, how famous was Jason when he went here? Everybody knows who I am. And I think that woman on stage is the only one who's used my first name so far. If this keeps happening, I'll be considering a name change. This time, I talk.

"Yeah, I'm Nicholas Skye. Can you please call me by my first name though? I'm getting tired of that."

I'm gonna prey that that helps my case. (yeah, I said that that) Anyway, I decied to be the bigger person.

"What field should we battle on? The choice is yours."

Proud lover of Eevees
Old November 13th, 2013 (01:52 PM).
The Lunar Beauty

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkMoonPhase Send a message via Skype™ to DarkMoonPhase

Shima Aono

The Medical Room

Shima watched as her acupuncture needle zipped past the girl, and stopped a few feet away when Yuri fell and held up her hand, signaling a forfeit. Shima looked at the girl, and watched as the teachers surrounded her. The headmaster announced her win, but Shima had followed the girl to the Medical Room(But not before collecting her needle). She watched the girls protest to leave, and waited by the door. Even though Yuri upset her, Shima had had fun in the end. She smiled to herself, and replayed the events in her mind. It was interesting to have played, and Shima had liked the way Yuri had used the Fire Field to her advantage. The girl was shy, and had managed to escape Shima's attacks with quick thinking. In a way, Shima kinda admired her. She waited patiently, and occupied her thoughts.

As Yuri walked out the room, she seemed to occupied herself to notice that Shima was standing there. She looks like she's sad. Shima thought to herself. "Hey." Shima called. She hoped the girl wasn't upset about the match, and she knew she owed Yuri an apology. "Thanks for the match. It was.. Actually kinda fun. And, um," she looked down, trying to avoid Yuri's eyes. "Sorry for being mean earlier. I was.. Wrong for it." She said to the girl. "Are you okay? Did I hurt you?" She asked quickly. Shima was a bit nervous. She had never been good with people, seeing her past was mostly solitary, but she was determined to try.
Old November 13th, 2013 (02:27 PM).
Evil Cute Thing

Dear Mother,

It's not long since I arrived at the academy, and I'm not certain, but I feel like I've made a friend, or at least someone who wants to be my friend. We had to dual, and I lost naturally, but the girl I faced admired me, said it was a fun match, and that really warmed my heart. I was quite nervous in responding as always, but we soon got to know each other, and she is a very nice person. She was generally concerned about me too, about my well being, and how she responded during her dual. My first impressions go far, but I won't go into detail explaining them, because that wouldn't be very lady like now, as you would say anyways. I'm not certain of future events, but I know this, I really do enjoy Vale, and I hope you aren't worried about me. Trust me when I say this mom, I'm going to be the best healer in the world!

I was surprised at how nice the lounge was, and the chairs were quite comfortable. I do my best to make a decent brew even though there is quite plainly mechanisms that do it for me, however I have a distaste for things that don't require effort. I grab some herbs, and using my dissolve spell in hot water, I manage to make blueberry and cinnamon tea for two.

"I hope you, er like it. It's my special blend, well it's my mothers really, but I started to help out once I learned I was a hydromancer. If it's too bitter, I also got honey!" I sit smiling, pleased with myself at how couragous I'm being. The girl who almost killed me, now being all friendly and sitting right in front of me. Yes I'm scared, but at the same time, I'm so happy that she likes my personality. I continue to smile, and await for her to drink her tea.

Old November 13th, 2013 (03:37 PM).
The Lunar Beauty

Shima Aono

The Rec Center

Shima watched Yuri make the tea. It was kinda awkward for her, since she usually did her own cooking, but she had decided to let events take their course back at the infirmary. In a instant Yuri had made the tea, and was handing Shima a cup. As she took the cup she gave Yuri a small smile, and brought the cup to her lips. She took a sip, letting the warm liquid ease down her throat. "Mmm." She murmured. "This is the best tea I've ever had!" She left out the part that mentioned it was because she made it herself, and took another sip. "Thanks. It's really good." She mean't it. It was just the right flavor. It was relaxing to have someone to talk too. It was.. Nice. Your having fun. Surprised by her thoughts, she decided to start a conversation. "You do this often, huh?" She asked. "Talking to people like this I mean." She said, her smile fading a bit.

She lowered her cup, and turned to Yuri. "I never really talked to people like this. To be honest, it's the first time in six years." Shima said with a hint of sorrow and a sad smile. Cheering up a bit, she took another sip of tea. It was refreshing, so she was a little happy. "So.." She said, trailing off. It was hard being around people, but it felt.. Right. It was interesting to talk to Yuri. Just like when I had a family. She reminded herself. She took another sip, and let the silence roll for a bit before drawing in a deep breath. Look. I'm not the best when it comes to conversation, but I take it your not uncomfortable right?" She had to know.

"I hope your not, because I'm kinda enjoying myself." She said with a bright smile. It was stupid that she couldn't stop talking, but she knew it was because there was so much time she had been without friends. It was hard to stop. She wanted to feel happy again.
Old November 13th, 2013 (05:06 PM).
Cookies are a necessary evil.

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Sytano Morgan- Morgan?!

Sytano quietly twiddled his thumbs, eavesdropping nearby conversations due to a lack of anything better to do. "A Morgan?" A student began to speak to another one, their chatter loud enough for Sytano to hear.

"I've never heard that name, must be a new breed." The guy laughed.

"Nah, I've heard of one. They say... they say they're horrible at magic. They have it, but no skill."

"You serious?" He leaned in. "I think I know which ones you're speaking about now."

Sytano grimaced and came in closer to a group of guys, about five, placing bets. "I heard something about the name Morgan. I believe it was from this direction that I heard it, correct?"

"Oh, uh, yeah. Morgan's apparently also the last name of another person who came to this school way back when no one even remembers." Quite specific, but whatever. "Apparently the only Morgan who came here sucked at using her skills for battle. They were usually used more in practicality. But he sucked, and I don't think that the records list him ever winning a duel." That sounds a lot like gramps... except for the part about losing a duel. "Anyways, that Rose is gonna win, no doubts about that!" They began placing bets. "Besides, the meaning of the Morgan surname is practically failure, anyways." The definition of failure... Morgan?! His rage began to build further. It's not true! I'm not that bad, and neither is whoever else came here!

Morgan's knuckles cracked from how tightly he held them together. "Do you believe there's a chance for this... err... Morgan?"

"Not one!" The guy grinned, and it seemed like no one voted for him. "In fact, considering he's going up 'gainst a Rose, he's probably going to get knocked out, too!"

"I would bet against that." Morgan grinned, keeping the name Rose etched in his mind, and slammed his hand on their table enthusiastically. "Let's do this instead; the bets are against whether Morgan loses consciousness or not. If the Morgan loses... then you get all of your cash back, plus ten of mine, split even." He throws in ten dollars. "Now think- if I- err, I mean, Morgan- is still conscious at the end of the battle, then all this money goes to me. Deal?

"Sure thing- if you wanna lose some money, that is!" Sytano walked away as they looked on. "He's a fool." Sytano simply stood and waited, realizing the brutal- as well as explosive- end to the battle between that Igna and whatever the other guy was.

"Are you Sytano Morgan? I am Scarlett Rose. According the list we are supposed to battle each other." Sytano, realizing that this girl was talking to him.

"Yes, I am known as Sytano. To be completely honest, I wasn't able to hear your name, hence why I didn't seek you out." The boys behind him left their mouths gaping wide open, and Sytano simply smiled. "I think we should begin, then. There's five fields, and I think we should pick the Earth field, since that doesn't give either of us an advantage, I believe. You don't happen to be a geomancer, correct?" He sighed. "Regardless, let's get to it." Because even if I lose, I will prove that the surname Morgan isn't related to failure.

I might not be dead! I might be. I dunno. Nachos.
Old November 13th, 2013 (05:25 PM). Edited December 7th, 2013 by RecursiveAcronym.

Maristella Reilly

"Yeah, I'm Nicholas Skye. Can you please call me by my first name though? I'm getting tired of that," the boy responded, his voice carrying only a bit of irritation. Aris internally winced.

"Oh," Aris breathed, before giving Nicholas the well-deserved explanation. "I only heard the last part of your name while I was zoned out and that your first name was Sky, and thus assumed you were probably a girl." Internally, Aris wondered why Nicholas was so irritated by people calling him by his last name, as judging by his tone and words it seemed to be happening a lot. Maybe Skye was last name of a famous mafia group? The boy didn't look like he'd be particularly good with a gun, however. Maybe that was their secret! They used airmancing to make everything look natural while they extorted people. Aris managed to snap back to reality to hear Nicholas's next question. "What field should we battle on? The choice is yours."

"Thanks!" Aris grinned, thankful he let her choose, before realizing they had several different options and surveying the choices, each orientated towards one of the elements. Quickly she run through the options in her mind. There was an air field that was completely out of the question, consisting of several fans that would knock her off balance and that he could probably take advantage of. The earth field was decent, if a little boring. There was a good chance he could send a boulder flying at her, too. In the metal field, he could easily send her flying into the cage bars. That left the fire and water field. She much preferred the fire field for its simplicity, but she couldn't take water from the air or anything; she needed a substantial water source. However, the water field looked really annoying to fight on. Aris pondered for a little bit before asking him a question. "Do you have a water bottle on you?"

Maristella Reilly
Old November 13th, 2013 (10:54 PM).
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
Eric Long

Eric was doing his rounds, preparing for the new school year at Vale. Things like checking the curriculum for last second errors, boring stuff really. Under normal conditions he wouldn’t do these kinds of things, since he found being too prepared uneventful, but in this line of work he found being meticulous necessary. He still remembered his first year teaching. At that time he wasn’t very serious in his preparation and pretty much let his class be experiment time for students. One of his students thought it would be interesting to try a new spell with an element they hadn’t used before. The result of the spell ended up with the whole class being underwater for about a minute. Luckily, the teachers had been trained specifically to nullify out of control spells of their designated element. It was a simple, yet advanced, precaution to help prevent any disasters from occurring, especially since history was riddled with such disasters already.

His mind had wandered around for a bit until he received a message from Ms. Vale to help with a student’s evaluation. He knew that if she was calling for him then they probably weren’t the best at competing with the other students. It was fine for him, though. He much rather develop a student’s creativity over their ability to fight, but he also knew how important testing their abilities were, and that’s exactly what the sparring matches were. Eric sighed quickly before setting off to see the student. When he got there the boy seemed disheartened and terrified. Instantly he could tell Ms. Vale had been talking to him. She left many a people in terror, for what reason he knew not. It was a shame too, seeing how benevolent and cheerful her father was. Either way it didn’t matter, because now was the time for damage control. The boy turned to Eric and started to say:

“… You’re not going to make me fight, are you…?”

It was a gut wrenching thought that Eric would have to lie or disappoint the kid even further, one he would rather avoid than confront. He had seen the report for many of the Hydromancers entering in the school this year, and almost instantly he noticed the profile of the boy, now that he had time to register it in his mind. The boy was Michael Lee, a rather low leveled Hydromancer that has shown examples of massive control, but no usage of said control. A separate thought came to Eric for just a moment. He wondered how their recon team got all of this information, but that was a topic for another day. Instantly, Eric’s mind went to work on an evaluation process, since combat was out of the question. He figured out a solution, and he decided he would at least delay Michael’s fears.

“No, I’m not going to make you fight. I just want to see what you can do, and maybe if you could do something similar to this.”

The words escaped his mouth and before anyone could grasp what he said a small Chinese dragon made of water appeared out of nowhere and started to dance around his palm. It elegantly orbited above his hand before condensing into an orb of water. The orb itself swirled like a planet as it stayed floating in perfect motion. Eric didn’t expect a show, but he hoped the boy could at least create the orb, even if it was small. If he couldn’t he’d have to come up with a different plan…

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old November 14th, 2013 (07:19 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

"No it's, fine. I actually feel the same way. I guess it was my fault really, cramming myself up inside a shop just helping out my mother all my life wasn't really getting me anywhere, but when you started talking I couldn't help but smile and enjoy the company I had. For the longest time now I've been quite lonely, and my knowledge of the outside world failed to reach me. For a while I though I was the only ever hydromancer, and I was quite surprised, but after my Mother explained things to me, it made me realize that I need to find things out myself, thus I came to this school. I never ever thought though, that someone would want to talk to me, I thought I was the weakest person ever... It just feels good to be with someone. Oh, and I'm glad you enjoyed the tea. It's one of the few things that makes me unique my mother says." I sigh, but continue to smile. We were both in a similar boat, lonely people, never had anyone to talk to, that both our personalities had become so shy and closed up, but Shima was so much stronger, I could feel it during our dual. Her willpower is so intense, that it powers her anger. Perhaps that's something we can work on together, willpower.

"So wen did you first learn how to use your magic?" I say nervously, attempting conversation.

Old November 14th, 2013 (08:11 AM).
I will kill the strong ones

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz

Scarlett Rose
Pyromancer from the "Rose" family
Vale Institute - Earth field.

"Yes, I am known as Sytano. To be completely honest, I wasn't able to hear your name, hence why I didn't seek you out." The boy said, admitting to be Sytano Morgan. Scarlett saw some boys behind him look rather weirdly at them. Scarlett choosed to ignore it and payed attention to what else Sytano was saying "I think we should begin, then. There's five fields, and I think we should pick the Earth field, since that doesn't give either of us an advantage, I believe. You don't happen to be a geomancer, correct?" He sighed. "Regardless, let's get to it."

"No, I don't happen to be a geomancer." Scarlett said with a warm smile. "I am a Pyromancer and I think that going for the earth field would indeed be a good idea." Scarlett turned around and started walking towards the earth field. "I didn't hear your name at first too, I found out that I had to battle you because I heard a teacher talk about us." Scarlett slightly turned to see him. She started wondering why all of them where chosen to attend this Institute. For Scarlett it was a chance to get away from the bullies in the Orphanage that she lived in. She couldn't stand up for herself because she knew how wrong she would be if she burned them... It wouldn't make her feel any better too. Hurting people because you find it fun is just wrong.

As Scarlett entered the earth field, she took her place and started thinking. "He is a Pyromancer as well, huh? This will prove to be quite an interesting fight..." Scarlett glanced at Sytano and smiled "May the best win!". This will be the day that Scarlett can be herself. "I hope you are both looking, mom and dad..." Scarlett whispered to herself. She was going to show everything she has got in this fight.

Old November 14th, 2013 (09:29 AM).
King of the Hell

MICHAEL LEE
The Gentle Water Mancer

Gymnasium
x
CHAPTER I,
Part II:

"Behind the Vale"

“No, I’m not going to make you fight. I just want to see what you can do, and maybe if you could do something similar to this.” This is when the teacher showed him a brilliant display of hydromancy. One that filled him with awe, and kept the stream of inspiration flowing within him. Perhaps he had a chance here after all!

"I don't think I can do that, but I can try..." Michael pulled out his water bottle, wondering to himself how the teacher pulled water out of thin air. He placed the bottle on the ground, and held his hands down toward it. slowly the waves inside ceased, and the water swirled slowly upward out of the bottle. Though once it made it out of the bottle, it dropped, splashing on the ground. "Dang it..." Michael sighed, held his hands up again, and the water lifted off of the ground, forming into a wobbly deformed ball. After a few seconds, the ball just lazily splashed over the floor again. "Ugh, come on!" Michael groaned in frustration, unintentionally causing the nearby water from the water arenas as well as the water left in his bottle to form waves as if simulating a great sea during a storm. The arenas seemed to be much more noticeable though, as the waves made audible crashes against the ground. During this, drops of water seemed to rise and hover around them. Michael saw this, and his look reflected a mix of very slight embarrassment, minor fear, and overwhelming frustration. He knew he needed to calm down, but he was failing his very first examination! What if he was just rejected right off the bat for it?

Old November 14th, 2013 (11:23 AM).
Eloquent Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Indigo Rogers

Infirmary

Flashes of strange, unfamiliar images were flying through Indigo's mind as he lay upon the infirmary bed. He was still unawakened from the incredible knockout he had bestowed upon himself at his and Shion's battle. Once again: an incredibly stupid idea. Though it seemed to be having unnecessary side effects, in the realm of his dreams.

He saw burning flames around him... an unpredictable inferno that seemed to swirl around him as he stood alone in his unrecogniseable surroundings. He heard screams... people were being hurt, that much was apparent... but by what? The fire? Or something even worse... Those didn't sound like the screams of someone merely burning alive, if that was even possible. These screams were filled with more than just pain... anguish... sorrow... such emotions also lined the vividly detailed screaming.

"INDIGO!"

His eyes snapped open. Indigo lied quietly for a moment on the infirmary bed. What had that been about? Just a nightmare? Maybe he didn't have as much confidence in himself as he had originally thought. Then again, he had almost just killed himself and nearly committed murder in a poorly-conceived attempt to save his pride; that might have had something to do with it.

Something caught his attention and kept him conscious—a blurred-out silhouette, sitting on the bed next to him. The voluptuous body of a young woman, he could guess, and there were no clothes to speak of covering her chest.

Is my luck changing? he wondered... but his eyes wouldn't clear up the view. Indigo squinted and blinked a few times, trying to force his eyes to focus without disturbing the vulnerable lass, and began to see the pale-peach skin of her arms, the long and fiery dark-red hair, and just as he could begin to properly see and appreciate the curve of her chest, he noticed wrapping—her chest to halfway down her midriff was completely covered in sterile bandaging. From the disappointment, coupled with the pain he himself was suffering from the explosion, Indigo couldn't help but let out a groan.

Crap.

His blue-eyed beauty turned his way for only a moment, briefly grew wide-eyed, and Indigo could swear he saw her face showing off a luminescent blush before his already-broken ribs were punched for the second time this day and he was out once again.
Old November 14th, 2013 (11:33 AM).
The Lunar Beauty

Shima Aono

The Rec Center

Shima was surprised at Yuri's honesty. It was nice to hear that they were somewhat similar. Each of us has been lonely for awhile. She thought to herself. Shima lifted her cup, and took anotther sip before begining to speak. "It's nice to know I'm not bothering you." She gave Yuri a happy smile, and took another sip of tea. When Yuri asked her question, Shima lost her smile. She hadn't thought about how to answer this question, and she didn't think she'd have to. She was losing it. She took another sip of tea, and was pretty sure her hands were shaking. After setting the cup down and relaxing a bit, she gave the girl a sad smile and began to speak.

"When I was little, I loved talking to people and interacting with them. I loved playing with my friends, and spending time with my mom and dad. Just like a 'normal' kid. When I turned ten, I began to have weird things occur around me. Then, one day I got angry at my parents in the kitchen. My mom said something and I got mad, and all of a sudden all the magnets on the fridge smacked onto me. When my mom and dad tried to remove them, they said the felt some kind of pull. They decided to take me to a doctor, and when I tried to look at his stethoscope it ripped from his neck and stuck to my hand. He called me a 'cursed' child. And said I was 'possessed' and to never bring me there again. After that, when I came home from school the next day.. When I came home the next day they were gone. The day after that they didn't come back. Days past an I gave up. I was.. Alone."

Shima picked up her cup, and took a sip of tea. She looked at Yuri and gave her a weak smile. "Pretty nice, huh? She said sarcastically. She looked around the Rec center, and formed a needle from her wristband. She molded it back, and looked to Yuri once more. "Your not that bad by the way. You said you were the weakest. If that were true, you could've never landed a hit on me."
Old November 14th, 2013 (11:50 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

I take a small sip of tea while listening to Shima's tragic story. I felt remorse for her, for when my parents discovered I could shift the water, they weren't scared, but supportive. I never understood how much I took that for granted, and perhaps other people in the school are like her, with nonsupporting families. It's so sad when you think about it.

"Your not that bad by the way. You said you were the weakest. If that were true, you could've never landed a hit on me."

"I don't know... I couldn't do it again. I guess you scared me a little back there that I found self defence my only way out of it. Sorry if I hurt you. In fact I think I hurt you more than you managed to hurt me." I feel a bit ashamed that I've only now realized this. I forfeited before I could actually get hurt, she didn't forfeit even though I kicked her in the face and hit her with boiling hot water. She is really strong-willed.

"I think I'm going to take a bath, things have been really rough today. Ah a warm bath, soaking the skin." Oh I completely forgot again, I just hit Shima with boiling hot water, so that might still be stinging.

"Oh sorry, I forgot about the burn. Hang on, let me get you something from the infirmary quickly, I know a good way to cure burns with aloe vera and water." I go ahead and hum away to the infirmary, bringing back a cup of water and an aloe vera plant. Without even asking, I use my dissolve spell, add a pinch of salt, and form some form of paste, which I then pass to Shima in the cup. She can handle herself surely, and might find it a bit intimidating if I do it for her.

Old November 14th, 2013 (12:43 PM).
The Lunar Beauty

Shima Aono

The Rec Center >> Gymnasium

Shima got the cup, and did her job. She waited for Yuri to finish, and helped the best way she could. After the girl was done, Shima took another sip of tea, and downed the rest. It didn't sting anymore at least, and Yuri seemed satisfied. Shima fiddled with her wristband, and made a little knife before molding it back. Maybe it wasn't so bad having friends after all. She thought to herself. She looked around the Rec Center, and noticed a few things. There were all kinds of means for entertainment here. Mainly a TV is what she noticed, but there were other things as well. She stood over by the door, and waited before begining to speak. "Alright, see ya." She took the opportunity to thank Yuri for the tea and moved on, looking at the places she passed.

She headed to the Gym, and decided to practice at the far corner. With everyone having their matches she saw no reason why not. She entered the Metal Field, and looked at the different metals. Iron was nice, but she liked the steel on the cage of the field. She toyed around with the metal, checking which type of metal was the best to use for her needles. The silver I have now is slower than the Iron ones. Maybe.. Undoing her wristbands, she switched the silver with the Iron. "There. Now I have Iron wristbands." She smirked to herself. She formed needles with her old wristband metal, and stuck them to her arm. She fired them like missiles, and continued to play for awhile.

Shima wanted to try some thing new, so she tried to think of a shape(A SHARP shape). She broke off a piece of her wristband, and pictured a knife. She held the metal in both hands, and tried to shape the image in her mind. The knife came out perfect, except the handle was sharp, and she had to reshape it many a time to get the right handle. Shima played around, and had fun until she started getting a little bored. She molded her wristbands back to her arm, and removed herself from the gymnasium.
Old November 15th, 2013 (11:56 AM).
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
Eric Long’s CSS

Eric Long

“I don’t think I can do that, but I can try…”

Eric watched intently to see if the boy had the control to mold a sphere, but Michael’s first attempt left a lot to be desired. He drew water from a bottle, which was a good start, but his control fluctuated and by the time the last drop was in the air the water came tumbling back down to earth. That wasn’t usually a good sign, but Eric continued to watch as Michael made another attempt to control the water. This attempt was much better as Michael was able to form a, all be it wobbly, ball. After a short couple of seconds the ball collapsed back to the ground. It must’ve frustrated Michael, because soon after the water in the water fields began to ebb and flow. Waves crashed back and forth, appearing to gain severity. Either Eric would have to neutralize the hydromancy or he’d have to convince Michael to calm down. He knew that stopping Michael by force would only damage the boy’s already fragile emotional state and could ruin any potential he had.

“Michael, there’s no reason to feel down right now. A lot of students have trouble performing on the first day; it’s part of learning. I can tell that you’re feeling nervous, so maybe it’d be a good idea for you to relax a bit.” Eric smiled to reflect his easy going nature. “Is there anything special that you may know or do? Anything that could make you feel more comfortable is fine.”

Eric took a gamble on Michael being able to reel himself back into control, but even he wasn't sure if that was the right decision. One way or another he knew he'd find out.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old November 15th, 2013 (12:48 PM).
King of the Hell

MICHAEL LEE
The Gentle Water Mancer

Gymnasium
x
CHAPTER I,
Part III:

"Behind the Vale"

“Michael, there’s no reason to feel down right now. A lot of students have trouble performing on the first day; it’s part of learning. I can tell that you’re feeling nervous, so maybe it’d be a good idea for you to relax a bit. Is there anything special that you may know or do? Anything that could make you feel more comfortable is fine.”

Michael looked up and around, seeing the mess of waves and craziness he was causing. This scared him for a moment, but as soon as he saw it, all of the water fell. He was feeling anxiety, as the school flashbacks kept repeating in his head. "Uh, something I do?... Um..." He froze. He knew exactly what to do, but he'd only ever done it in front of the man who taught him. Embarrassment flooded over him, but he reluctantly decided he'd have to do it if he wanted to prevent something terrible from happening. Exhaling, Michael closed his eyes, and began to perform Tai Chi. Part Horse's Mane, White Crane Spreads Wings, Bush Knee Wrist Step. Michael followed the motions from pose to pose, his eyes closed, and his mind cleared. Unbeknownst to him, the water had risen up, swirled around his body, and followed each of his poses and movements exactly. It was a magnificent display, as though Michael and the water were one.

Old November 15th, 2013 (01:31 PM).
黒竜 影

Crystal Nightwish

Gym - Metal Field Entrance

Crystal waited for his answer, and was a bit surprized and amused when he proposed a fight in the metal cage, even explaining that he wouldn't need to use the cage for his spells, Crytal smiled a bit, still paying attention to the current fight in the earth field.

"I must say, though, that I'm not really looking forward to this," he said to her softly, "I'm not much of a combatant or anything. I was taught to show respect, especially to ladies such as yourself." Crystal was a bit amused at his words and smiled a bit, him being the second person that had ever called her "Lady".

Crystal got closer to him smiling. -Well, to be honest, neither am I, not like that at least.- Crystal points at the current fight.

-But some fun while testing my power, now that I am lookign forward to, so try and have fun as well.- Crystal began to walk in the direction of the caged field, glancing back to take a look at Jason before talking again. -So you comming or what.- Not waiting for an answer, she continued to walk away.

-Oh, by the way, you might find out I'm not at all like the stereotypical lady, so you better not underestimate me, or you will get hurt.- Crystal smiled as she reached the gate entrace to metal field.

Just as she reached the gate, a huge explosion was heard, this made Crystal look back at the earth field, just to see a cloud of smoke and dust and debris flying in al directions.

As the dust cloud settled an anouncement was heard. "Winner,Shion Igna!". Crystal was amazed at the size of the explosion as a smile appeared on her face. -Amazing, simply amazing.- Crystal's eyes now wide open with excitement. -Now that's what I call raw power.-
Old November 15th, 2013 (06:47 PM).
The Lunar Beauty

Shima Aono

The Hallways

Shima roamed the halls, and looked at everything she passed. There were all kinds of places in the main building, but so far she still hadn't seen the dorms. She wanted to look at everything, and to know her way around the Institute. She committed her path to memory, remembering the route she had followed. The infirmary is back to the south, and the Rec Center is near the infirmary. She reminded herself. She took a few more steps, and noticed the rooms up ahead. Are those the dorms? She walked forward, and looked at the rooms. There were all kinds of them, ranging from the mancer elements. There was a kinds of cool things in them. There were computers and beds, and a little more.

After she completed her examination of the dorms, she walked off, wanting to see more. The dorms had great furnishings, and the room sizes were decent. Shima was only interested in the computers however. She loved the internet, since she could get more weapon ideas from it. In fact, if she recalled correctly, the internet was the first place she had learned about acupuncture needles. Shima let out a sigh, and began to fantasize about her needles. The twinkle in her eyes said enough, and after reviewing the needles' details and structure, she moved on.

Shima liked the school so far. The place had all sorts of helpful things and tools. It was a great place for mancers. The dorms were built specifically, there were specific training fields, hell, she wouldn't be surprised if they had specific foods. Shima was convinced she had made the right choice by coming here, but thinking back to her conversation with Yuri, her mind began to race. Most of the students probably have supporting families like Yuri. She thought. It would have been easier to cry right then, but of course brave Shima would suck it up and be strong. She went on her way, and eventaully found the classrooms.

Are they element specific as well? Shima wondered.
Old November 15th, 2013 (07:27 PM).
SOLDIER 1st Class
Silver Tier

Nathan Steele and Kayla Wash

Fightning...

She wasn't even sure how it had turned into a fight. When she agreed to go here, she had not thought it would be a school for combat training. Kayla only remebered the first half of the speech given by her principal, she had stopped after hearing "Nathan Steele vs Kayla Wash." and began thinking of a reason she couldn't do it. Her control of her powers was much greater in water, but she didn't have any real combat experience. She sighed, knowing there was no way she would ge out of it. She sought out her partner, finding a person who was not pairked up. "Hello, I'm Kayla Wash." She said kindly and excitedly, "Do you happen to be Nathan Steele?"

Nathan was looking around, starting to feel slightly annoyed. Where was that girl? She was supposed to find him for God's sake. But then a random person came up to him and he found out she was his opponent and she looked kinda...frail. He looked intensively at her, wondering if it was right to go full force on her. "What? You..are you sure you want to do this? I'd hate to have to beat you." And he was actually serious.

Kayla laughed, "If you don't want to beat me then you should just throw, I don't think I should just quit ya know." He was about six inches taller than her. "Seriously though, I can't get out of this, so could I at least choose the arena?" The boy was physically pretty skinny, but she had no doubt he was somewhat strong by the way he spoke. "Also I am a water Mage."

She dared to laugh at him. She didn't know what was in store for her as he wouldn't hold back. He smiled at her. "Well, I won't hold back so be careful. Also since I'm a gentleman, you may choose the field." He continued to smile, maybe she'd provide good exercise seeing as she was determined to fight him.

Kayla was slightly intimidated by the smile but bowed a bit, "Thank you." She said, "If you don't mind, I choose the water arena, too bad you won't hold back though, you might hurt me pretty bad." Kayla sighed. At least in the water arena she would have the magic advantage.

But she was naive it seemed. Why would she need to bow for him? He knew he was awesome but still... She chose the water arena. She was going to be in her element so he better watch out. "I won't hurt your pretty face too badly." He said with a smirk.

Arrogant kid, She thought, "Then I'll meet you on the field!" She ran and dived into the water. While under, she took a deep and satisfying breath. She much more preferred water over surface air, though knew that being under water forever would be unhealthy for her. She swam to the far end and came up on the other side. "I'm ready to start!" She called waving.

Nathan looked at the arena she chose. The water one, why am I not surprised at all? He jumped carefully on a platform, it shook a little with him. Keeping balance while fighting her could be really tricky. I need to finish this fast or else... He nodded, signaling he was ready as well.

As soon as he gave the signal she dived into the water as if it was a swimming race. Win this now or never. she thought. She went near his platform and propulsed herself into the air several feet, making the platform wet and harder to balance on. She then landed on an adjacent platform and raised her arms, signaling her first spell. A water clone rose from the water and walked across it onto her platform.

That girl sure wasn't a fan of waiting. She jumped up and got his platform wet. As if it wasn't hard enough to stay on it. Thanks for making it harder, woman. For a mere second, he considered using his spell but it wasn't worth that. More challenge for him! He straightened himself carefully. He noticed her water clone and prepared his Man of Steel spell. Hopefully, he'd be able to hit her.

Is he preparing a spell as well? She thought, I Won't give hime the chance! She projected the clone closer to him and did a right hook, the clone immitating her movements. "Not so fast!"

He smirked, she fell right into the trap. There was no way she could avoid his attack. He avoided her punch at the right moment and counter-attacked with an uppercut with his Man of Steel spell. I sure hope her clone doesn't resist that.

The clone was obliterated on impact. Kayla sighed, Getting close to that is risky, but water will only get him all wet. She had no doubt she was faster than him as long as she used her clones for switching and not fighting. I'll need to go underwater after every swift attack, otherwise he may be able to beat me by stamina. She projected another clone behind him and instantly took its place. She projected another clone on the platform behind her for safety. She took three swift punches at his back before jumping back to the edge of the platform. She doubted her punches hurt much, but they could add up.

As soon as he punched the clone, it exploded. He sighed and deactived his spell. He couldn't risk running low on Energy at all. Then he noticed more clones, one was behind him. Before he could even react, he felt 3 punches on his back, they were light. Not very strong. He turned around. "Was this supposed to hurt?" He prepared another spell. Let's finish this.

"Eeep!" She said, taking the place of her clone and diving into the water. If I get him into the water, I could do a lot more damage, but I won't be able to control it. She thought while circling the platform. I'll just have to rust the metal man, She jumped out of the water, splashing him once more, and then landing with a roll on the platform. She projected a clone behind him again and waited for him to attack her.

Nathan was kinda annoyed, he was expecting a fight bbut she kept hiding whenever he wanted to attack and he couldn't take a lot of time. That is really frustrating. He couldn't keep his spell on for a long period of time. Then she went out of the water and splashed water on him. He was really pissed. He saw her behind him, not knowing if it was a clone or not. He threw his right fist onto her. If it was the real her, he'd use his spell.

Kayla messed up. For a single second she had a lapse in her reaction time. It was to be expected though, she had not been in a real fight before, and she shouldn't have lasted this long. He made contact with her face and she was sent flying back into the water. She didn't move for a few seconds, completely stunned.

Was she unconscious? How could a simple punch like this stun her? Maybe she was quite weak. He sighed happily, thinking the fight was over. Though when she didn't emerge from the water, he was a little worried. What's going on down there? He approached the water but apparently not with enough precaution as he slipped on the wet platform and fell in the water. And he reminded one painful detail : he didn't know how to swim.

Kayla laid in the water rubbing her face. She did not want to fight anymore, as soon as she would have surfaced, she would have quit. The problem with her plan came when her oppenent fell in. At first she assumed he would swim back up, but then she realized he was sinking. Of course he can't swim she thought. She jet streamed through the water to him, grabbing his arm and then dashing to the surface. She had to control the water in order to throw him on the platform, and then sat next to him. "Why agree to a water arena if you can't swim?" She asked nicely.

He had never been so ashamed in his life. Losing was one thing but getting rescued by your opponent was the worst thing ever. This wasn't the happy ending he expected, not at all. And worst, she seemed to pity him. "I agreed because I wanted to and I said you'd choose the arena, I always respect my word. Shall we continue then?"

"I don't think so." She replied, "You are at a major disadvantage and I do not want to fight anymore." She sighed, "Why not just end this in a draw? You can save your pride, and I can get out of this."

True, he wasn't well advantaged in this fight. He'd only lose if he kept going and he wasn't stupid enough to keep going on. But that didn't mean his pride was intact. "Fair enough. But you owe me a fight." He said with an half-smile, half-smirk.

"Well I can agree to that." She answered, "In the mean time I can teach you how to swim, I am a master at it." She held her hand out to close the deal, "Deal?" She asked.

He couldn't believe it. Why would she even help him? Normally he'd refuse but this would probably help him later on. He took her hand, half-heartedly. "Deal I guess and why would you even help me?"

She shrugged, "It's the nice thing to do, and besides its not like I got other friends to kill time with." Kayla also just loved having a reason to be in the water and swim.

She was starting to get a little too far in his space, even calling him a friend. He coughed. "It's okay but don't expect me to be the friendliest guy of the planet, it's just some teaching." That's what he hoped at least.

JP by JNathan and Khawill

"
How about one date?"
~Zack Fair,
Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII
Old November 15th, 2013 (09:51 PM).
Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866

Nature: Quiet
Jason Barrett - Metal Field

Jason couldn't help but smile as Crystal spoke, even more so when she came close to him. She also was nervous, but thought about the fun they could have testing each other. She also told him not to underestimate her, which he immediately buried in his skull to remember it. It seemed to be the fight that just finished that seemed to spur and excite her as she entered the field. Though he was nervous about the whole situation, he approached the caged field and took a moment to notice that the bars were about average thickness. He swallowed hard and slowly stepped inside, allowing the door to shut behind him.

As he looked around his new surroundings, a new feeling washed over him. Giddiness, excitement, the feeling of adrenaline...all this washed over him at once. He suddenly felt a rush that he had never before felt. Jason was anticipating this test more than anything. He looked at Crystal and smiled, "I don't underestimate anyone. It may very well be that you could probably beat me." He winked at her as he moves into a fighting stance, both arms down and his left side facing her. He hides his right hand behind him, out of her view. He smiles and nods," I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised with what I can do. Whenever you're ready, milady!" He stood, ready for the signal to begin.

Pokemon Training Academy - Shawn Williams (Sting *in box*, Cactuar, Zapper, Shiva, Pyra, Rocky, Crash)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)