Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 7th, 2013 (07:13 AM).
Aquacorde
■ UHC ■
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
"The Hakudan Gym Battle! The Magnificent Bibiyon's Dance Battle!!"
Airdate: 7 November 2013 [Japan]

the first gym battle guys eeeee
Old November 7th, 2013 (09:56 AM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quite surprised he lost. I shouldn't be, but I am surprised. Last time he lost his very first Gym Battle was Sinnoh so this leaves me not very hopeful.
Old November 7th, 2013 (09:58 AM).
Peter Quill
Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw

Nature: Quiet
Just watched it recently!
Ohmy, this episode satisfies my shipping heart.

Spoiler:
Ash battles Viola, but loses to her Vivillon. Serena goes to watch the Gym Battle.
Pansy (Alexa) trains Ash to counter Vivillon. Ash is struggling lol.
And then Serena asks him before the end of the episode if he remembers

Seriously, her Vivillon seems so strong. So much for an easy Gym win xD
Can't wait for the next one. I wonder if Ash remembers :>

Louiecario in Miiverse | Click Kyogre to visit my gallery!
Old November 7th, 2013 (11:05 AM). Edited November 7th, 2013 by Iceman3317.
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Geez.... her pokemon were a bit of an overkill for the first gym. I was not expecting them to be very powerful, but geez. I didn't even know Surskit could learn Ice Beam to be honest.

Also, they can't make everything easy for him. Even in Johto he had a hard time. He just got Fletchling and it was it's first battle. And Pikachu can't stand on ice not to mention Surskin is fast as heck on ice. At least he is thinking about it. And like Alexa said, he wasn't prepared.

On the to other part, I kept waiting for Serena to talk to Ash, but every time they were about to something happened. And then it went off after she asked Lol.

And with Pikachu, it is honestly easy to understand why it lost. Surskit turned the field to Ice which Pika can't stand on. However, I wish they hadn't taken Pikachu's Volt Tackle away. (They may have done it in BW just didn't notice.) Also I wish they would give Pikachu a Light Ball.
Old November 7th, 2013 (11:49 AM).
Magic
キュウコン

This episode added more fuel to my 'Citron isn't a Gym Leader' thought. If he was there would be some recognition from Viola, I think.

Good episode, but a lack of Team Rocket
Old November 7th, 2013 (12:40 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Magic Fox:
This episode added more fuel to my 'Citron isn't a Gym Leader' thought. If he was there would be some recognition from Viola, I think.

Not really. Many of the Gym Leaders in Unova didn't recognize Cilan, and I think there were others from Kanto that didn't recognize Brock either. They aren't exactly an exclusive club that has regular meetings. Not really that big a deal that they don't recognize or acknowledge one another.
Old November 7th, 2013 (01:39 PM).
ZeroX5

Nature: Modest
Lol, at various parts of this episode...I felt I was watching a Shoujo anime.
Old November 7th, 2013 (02:11 PM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Quote originally posted by Magic Fox:

As Xander said, most gym leaders don't know one another in the anime. Not to mention Episode 812 is called "Capture Lumiose Gym! Clemont's Secrete!
Old November 7th, 2013 (03:02 PM).
Peter Quill
Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw

Actually, there are already spoilers about the Lumiose Gym.
But it says that the Gym Leader really is Clemont. Some things happened though.

Louiecario in Miiverse | Click Kyogre to visit my gallery!
Old November 7th, 2013 (04:08 PM).
Sora
The Idealist Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Damn Viola. I think this supports my theory on how gym leaders work. Viola didn't hold anything back and Ash wasn't prepared for it. He wasn't prepared for the ground to be covered in ice (I honestly thought it was water during the preview) and the sticky web + solarbeam combo was certainly set-up ahead of time. Also, the fact that her Pokemon had what? Ice beam, Psychic, Solarbeam, etc? I don't believe she would be using those moves on a trainer who first started their journey.

I'm kind of the opposite of Xander here. To be fair I have never watched much of Sinnoh but I like that they're pushing Ash's limits. That he can't just win by pure luck. He is going to have to buckle down and strategize more and more in order to win which I think is great. Far better than 'oh no I'm about to lose HEY COOL EVOLUTION YAY I WIN' (which they totally turned against him in Unova ugh). I can't wait to see what sort of plans he will come up with for this rematch and the matches ahead.

your emotion will always be
my companion
Old November 7th, 2013 (04:32 PM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Oh yeah. I forgot about Solar Beam as well. Like I said, I was extremely surprised by the moves she was using. I hope they keep the big moves up. He doesn't have to lose every gym the first time. I hope they keep the powerful gym leaders up.
Old November 7th, 2013 (07:01 PM). Edited November 8th, 2013 by Aquacorde.
Aquacorde
■ UHC ■
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
- fokko u cutie
- omg citron bby
- OH SATOSHI OF COURSE NOT LMAO
- erikiteruuuuu
- ...KEEP!
- PERFECT
- PERFECTLY DONE
- I LOVE IT
- hahahahaha shes dressed as a plant wormadam what
- HOENN
- pretty vs screen
- bgm.....
- dude look at this
- terrain alteration thank you thank you thank you
- beautiful
- baby D:
- jfc she beat the **** out of him
- well yaya aint affected by the terrain but ice beam
- yeeeeeeeee
- hahahaha serena and eureka already getting along :D
- oooooooo dramatic aint it
- that damn zukan voice
- D:
- satoshiiiiiiii
- serena u are not important atm
- pansy knows :D
- satoshiiiiiiiiiiiiiii babyyyyyy
- citron go hug him
- well serena might help too i guess
- she keep getting stopped lmao
- oop joy explaination hahahahaha
- is that interest, citron? ooooo
- i knew she'd be crucial!
- ....balloons...
- nice catch
- again!
- here we go
- get yo ass up boi
- dfghjkl
- ???
- oh!
- HEY RUDE WTH DON'T END THERE

really good. still really good. like Tara said this def supports the theory that gym leaders adjust to their challenger. i thought she was rather overenthusiastic about her smackdown though lol

the "keep" gag was pulled off perfectly ahahaha. i don't think i'll be getting tired of it very quickly.

love that we're getting terrain alteration and such already. i missed it. and epic crazy battles.

lol @ serena getting shut down and then ENDING ON THAT RLLY GODDAMN SON

they still pushing that ship for all it's worth idec just give me diode
Old November 8th, 2013 (06:27 AM).
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
My favorite scene has to be when Bonnie declares that Viola should be Clemont's bride. The look on Viola's face was priceless.

My Proposed PokeCommunity Dungeons & Dragons game. Leave a comment if interested.
Old November 8th, 2013 (07:15 AM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Yea Bonnie is great. I guess she is going to be the replacement for Brock, just instead of going love crazy, she goes marry my brother crazy.

I still hope Ash get's more than 6 pokemon. Otherwise, it is going to get boring if he catches all 6 of them before the 3rd gym.
Old November 8th, 2013 (07:43 AM).
Typhon
'sup

Nature: Timid
Ah, I liked this episode. The battle was much more intense then I had expected it to be. That, being a positive thing. At least now Ash will have to come up with a strategy, and who knows what he'll do. And that part when Bonnie asks Viola to marry Clemont? lmao, that was funny! :P

And about the Serena thing... I can kinds guess already what's going to happen. He's most likely gonna ask her if it's her, etc. But who knows! And Viola didn't seem to know Clemont was Lumiose's Gym Leader. I guess they don't know each other.
Old November 8th, 2013 (11:43 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Ahhh, I'm getting frustrated at what Serena wants to say! I really want to find out, haha! If they really were childhood friends, would even Satoshi forget a past friend...? I'm thinking that perhaps Satoshi saved Serena from something a long time ago, or just helped her out (the little flashback *looks* like he's reaching out a hand to help her get up) so she really remembers him, but Satoshi doesn't because he's helped out half the planet now, or something. I don't know if it was the bad quality stream I was watching, but did Serena blush while talking to him at one point...? I couldn't tell if it was black lines under her eyes or pink.

When Satoshi was almost crying while looking at Pikachu and Yayakoma, I wanted to give him a hug D: That was so cute D: Also, Yayakoma's voice really doesn't fit it. Don't get me wrong, its voice is absolutely adorable...it just doesn't suit it XD

Gah, I want a Meadow Vivillon, it looks so pretty!

I wonder if wanting to "keep" things will be Eureka's gag? Or maybe wanting to get Citron a bride? XD I did laugh when she said that.

Oh, and anyone notice that TR was no where to be seen? Hooray~ In eps like this, they really aren't needed.

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Quite surprised he lost. I shouldn't be, but I am surprised. Last time he lost his very first Gym Battle was Sinnoh so this leaves me not very hopeful.
I wouldn't say this should leave us unhopeful. After all (in my opinion) Satoshi was at his best in DP.
Old November 8th, 2013 (11:54 AM).
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I think what happened was Viola knew beforehand that Ash was an experienced trainer so she went all out instead of going easy on him as a first gym leader. Ash wasn't prepared for an onslaught so he lost. That's my interpretation at least.
Old November 8th, 2013 (12:38 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Well... he has to fill the requisite of losing at least one gym battle in each region =D

Quote originally posted by Iceman3317:
Yea Bonnie is great. I guess she is going to be the replacement for Brock, just instead of going love crazy, she goes marry my brother crazy.
Yes, plz! That would be brutally awesome =D

Quote originally posted by Jorah:
If they really were childhood friends, would even Satoshi forget a past friend...?
Well... we haven't seen past Serena she might have been very tomboyish and now that she's a lady, Satoshi wouldn't connect the two. =D

Pansy ga detta! Yahooooooo, she's back!
Rofl, interviewing her own sister xD That's some dedication =D
Lol, Yurika immediately becoming friendly with Serena, that's some imouto power xD Her friendly power is over 9000! :D
Oh... anime logic worked once again... :/ Ice field and Sticky Net stayed forever =D
Yaya did its best for its first battle... too bad. Still... that guy is seriously small o.O
Lol, Satoshi totally adapted to Joy multiplicity xD They keep proving his non reset =D
Hehe, Serena's quick =D
This was really well played episode... we'll get huge char development in Satoshi soon.
Well played.
But if the next episode is serious rematch with result then... it will be too quick if you ask me... normally Satoshi would spend whole episode training.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old November 8th, 2013 (08:48 PM).
Pinkie-Dawn
hoping senpai notices me

Nature: Quirky
It's surprising that Viola's Vivillion didn't use Infestation for this battle, since every gym leader's Pokémon use TM moves they give out to trainers who beat them, and instead used advanced moves like Psychic. Alexa was right, Ash did came fully unprepared. Looks like Clemont's Aipom Arm is going to be this region's pinchy ears Misty/Max and Poison Jab Croagunk. That cliffhanger regarding Serena's question to Ash. If he says no, then expect her to unleash her rage.
Old November 8th, 2013 (08:52 PM).
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I wouldn't be surprised if Ash didn't remember Serena. It'd be funny if there's some sort of recurring gag of Serena asking Ash to remember something they did together and Ash just responding with clueless looks. Though if Ash does remember her in some sort of form then just ignore my comments.
Old November 9th, 2013 (12:47 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Seattle:
I wouldn't be surprised if Ash didn't remember Serena. It'd be funny if there's some sort of recurring gag of Serena asking Ash to remember something they did together and Ash just responding with clueless looks. Though if Ash does remember her in some sort of form then just ignore my comments.
I think he will initially not remember Serena and then he will slowly start remembering her. =D
But two running gags would be too much, I believe =D

Old November 9th, 2013 (02:36 AM). Edited November 9th, 2013 by Miau.
Miau
The Kitten Pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Jorah:
Ahhh, I'm getting frustrated at what Serena wants to say! I really want to find out, haha! If they really were childhood friends, would even Satoshi forget a past friend...? I'm thinking that perhaps Satoshi saved Serena from something a long time ago, or just helped her out (the little flashback *looks* like he's reaching out a hand to help her get up) so she really remembers him, but Satoshi doesn't because he's helped out half the planet now, or something.
I think this is the most likely scenario, I don't really think they were friends before, they met by chance, he helped her, he forgot, but he made a big impression on her so she still remembers him. Quite the cliffhanger they pulled on us, I'm really curious about it too

They Gym battle was really intense, I loved that Viola didn't treat Ash as a starting trainer, and used a good strategy with the ice field and the Sticky Web + Solar Beam combo. I'll admit that I was actually expecting Fletchling to evolve and save the day, but I am so, so glad it didn't turn out that way, Ash was definitely unprepared and didn't expect Viola to be so strong.

[EDIT] And we finally got to see what the thing about Bonnie looking for a wife for Clemont was all about, her "keep" gag and the way Clemont drags her around afterwards is hilarious. Thing is, I really miss Brock and his love-crazy ways, so this reminds me so much of him and Misty/Croagunk

Anyway, I'm really digging the dynamic between Bonnie and Clemont, and I admit I was a bit reluctant about these two (and Dedenne) before the series started, but I'm loving them so far!
#300 Skitty
Supporter Collab January 2015
clubs anime avatar
Old November 10th, 2013 (12:04 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by MIAU:
I'll admit that I was actually expecting Fletchling to evolve and save the day, but I am so, so glad it didn't turn out that way
That can always happen in the next episode =D

Old November 11th, 2013 (07:49 AM).
Kid Sonic

Bonnie + Clemont's Aipom Arm = We're Screwed!

Now I have to feel sorry for her.

I just hope Serena isn't the new Misty/Iris. If so, there's always Anabel, so I don't have to feel conflicted in choosing, and with a clear conscious, deem all other girls unworthy.

.............Ash's isn't winning the Kalos League, is he? Well there's always my spin-off, "Pokemon: Path of Legends" (Yes, it's an unoriginal title, but so what. Unova was a huge failure).

And if Clemont becomes too annoying with this bad-taste *peoplewhoenjoythishavepoortasteincomedy* running gag, I'll just have to diminish his role once he outlives his initial usefulness.

I know I'm judging things too early, but I'm an American, and the dubbers have given us enough time between XY002 and XY003/onward to assume the course of the series.

"Your worst enemy is the exact opposite of yourself, in every way." ~ Kid Sonic

Quote:
Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Then what's the point of a sig?

My Pokemon X Friend Code: 1134-7195-2831
Old November 11th, 2013 (07:57 AM).
Aquacorde
■ UHC ■
Community Supporter

The difference in airdates is due to the dub wanting to actually finish up BW. The reason they aired XY early was to get people interested while it was hyped. Usually that wouldn't have been a problem; in the past they've had enough time between JP and USA release to finish the saga. But simultaneous release caused that kind of a broadcast fumble.

In addition, this thread is not about your fanfiction. Please stay on topic.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links