Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 13th, 2013 (08:24 PM).
LoudSilence
more like uncommon sense

Scyther has been my favourite since I first played Gen 1. Pangoro recently took the slot of #2, just barely behind Scyther (was a tough call, honestly).

Other than these two I like a bunch of others but I can't really call them "favourites", I just find them cool:

Typhlosion, Houndoom, Absol, Haunter, etc. too many to name!
Old November 15th, 2013 (12:58 AM).
Castform

Nature: Modest
My favorite Pokemon is one that no one even considers a good Pokemon at all. Castform is and always will be my favorite Pokemon. I just love it's adorable little design, it's amazing movepool, it's cute little gimmick, and just really everything about it. No, it isn't the best Pokemon in terms of stats but overall it is a good little Pokemon to use in-game and I just adore it <3
Old November 15th, 2013 (01:08 AM).
Hikamaru
and a day ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

You knew I was gonna say this right? They don't call me the Oshawott Girl for nothing!

Oshawott is essentially the Pokemon I wanted for years, something cute and badass at the same time. I love how it uses its shell (called a scalchop) as many different weapons as shown in the anime, such as a sword, a shield and even a boomerang. Not to mention how cute he acts in the anime as well, he was essentially my go-to starter in all my 5th Gen Pokemon games. He'll always be my mascot forever.

Aside from Oshawott, I've fallen in love with Sylveon, and most Fairy-types in general. I also love most Water-types out there, including my second fave Pokemon ever, Froakie (and its evos too). I also love a lot of Psychic, Dragon, Normal, Fire, Grass, Ice, Electric and Ghost-types due to their designs. Some of my other notable faves include Pikachu (my fave before Oshawott came), Emolga, Meowstic, Fennekin's evolution line, Xerneas, Togekiss, the elemental monkeys from 5th Gen (especially Pansage) and even Vivillon as of late, with my fave of its forms being River Pattern (aka my region's native pattern).
Old November 15th, 2013 (03:45 AM).
幕之内 一歩
All Day Baby! All Day!!

Nature: Relaxed
My favorite for years has been Pidgeot. It reminded me the most of my favorite animal, a Peregrine Falcon. And he looked badass in my opinion.

Then entered Talonflame, who is modeled after the Peregrine Falcon and well... my favorite since Red and Blue has been unseated. I mean a bird of fire that dive bombs at over 310 MPH (actual Peregrine Falcons were clocked at over 200 MPH) and delivers a nasty kick? PLUS they show embers from their wings as they fly? Probably looks sexy as f*ck.

YES PLEASE!

Old November 15th, 2013 (03:57 AM). Edited November 15th, 2013 by Superstrength79.
Superstrength79
So strong, it hurts!

Nature: Quiet
Ground type Pokemon have always been my favorite; probably due to the fact they had an immunity, back before it was cool, and electric types did some serious damage in the earlier generations. Dig was extremely useful for me to get out of caves when I needed to save the game in a safe spot. This led Sandslash to be one of my favorite Pokemon. I'm glad it finally learns all of the STAB/support moves naturally in X&Y. They really gave my guy a lot of love

I am also on board the Eevee train since X&Y makes breeding/leveling so easy... well, and the ability to catch them as well! I didn't beat X&Y with an Eevee team yet, but I plan to on my second or third time around. Right now I am breeding Eevee for use at the battle mansion in Kiloude City. Umbreon is my favorite since it had immunity to Psychic attacks (another heavy hitter when it first came out); sadly it has a third vulnerability now....

My first shiny Pokemon ever, I caught in X&Y, a Luvdisc! It's -Def, +SpAttk, but I love it anyways lol. I built a Triple Battle team based on making it work, and I have marginal success against the computer. Vaporeon and Heliolisk can both ignore/get healed by its Surf, which is great fun.

Completed Challenges: Pokemon Y Nuzlocke - Birthday Challenge - Random
Current Challenges: Ground Mono-type (5/8)

Pokemon X/Y Safari: Wooper/Camerupt/Palpitoad IGN: Chris (X), varies (Y)
Teams: My Poison Team - My Ground Team
Old November 17th, 2013 (05:10 AM).
PatronIce

My favorite Pokemon is Umbreon and Absol.
I think Absol is cool because when you find him you know thats something bad is coming. You can find him at route 13 in pokemon black/white because 13 is a unlucky number.

Umbreon is one of Eevee's elvove but you can't use any stones (water-stone fire-stone leaf-stone thunder-stone or moon-stone) on him to elvove you'll have to make him happy and train him alot when its night time.
Old November 17th, 2013 (05:49 AM).
Shizzable
The Derpiest One Of All

Nature: Jolly
My favorite Pokemon is Aggron, but I can't really decide what I like after that. Some notable ones are:

-Scraggy
-Magneton
-Exploud
-Whimisicott
-Blastose/Charizard/Venusaur
-Crowbat
-Houndoom
-Blaziken
Old November 21st, 2013 (12:48 AM).
Starry Windy
Set aside of your fears and keep moving
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
My main favorite Pokémon are definitely Victini and Shaymin, because they are cute and adorable. Aside from these two, I like Pikachu, Oshawott, Snivy, Togekiss, Eevee lines, and Xerneas among others.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
Old November 21st, 2013 (08:20 AM). Edited November 21st, 2013 by Rothometapratis.
Rothometapratis

My favorites pokemon are Bulbasaur and Golem, because I like their designs.
Old November 21st, 2013 (07:03 PM).
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
It's really hard to pick a favorite Pokemon because there are just so many of them! I'd say Swanna. My passion for Water-types and birds shows why, and Swanna is like the more elegant version of Pelipper. It also shows how much I hate the Electric-type as well, as she is 4x weak to it.
Old December 10th, 2013 (10:31 AM).
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
This is such a tough question. I don't have one favorite and the ones I have changes often. But some I seem to always want to list are...

Sneasel + Weavile
Octillery (and Remoraid!)
Cryogonal (those ice chains)
Charmeleon
Bulbasaur
Zangoose

But I also like Pikachu, Riolu, Honedge, Scizor... a hundred more. Recently Mawile has caught my attention more. There are so many and each is great in its own way :3 Almost.
Old December 10th, 2013 (12:38 PM).
Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer
Away with the Fairies!!!

Espeon is my all time favorite if I had to pick just one!!!

Profile ---------------------------MyAnimeList---------------------------Twitter
Old December 18th, 2013 (05:53 PM).
Uxie101

Nature: Brave
Feraligatr - my strong pokemon in gold version
Samurott - my other
strong pokemon in White version
Meloetta - Episodes from pokemon BW rival destiny
Uxie - Design
Lugia
- my other strong pokemon in Gold version
Old January 6th, 2014 (09:50 PM).
curiousnathan
do you see them too?

Nature: Mild
My favourite Pokemon include: Larvitar, Shuckle, Liepard, Beartic, Reuniclus and Exeggutor. I have a few more, but these are my main faves.
Old January 8th, 2014 (11:38 PM).
AmourPearlShipper
If we're feeling thirsty, it's vodka for all!

Nature: Adamant
Crobat, he rocks and has one of the best designs of all Pokemon.

My favourite Pokemon also include Weavile, Gengar and Milotic.

"<TLCNU> Escavalier literally is 2HKOed by Stoutland Fire Fang, Metang was undoubtedly the much better choice."
SuperSkarmory | Serebii
Old January 9th, 2014 (03:36 PM).
silverwind93

Flareon: I loved Flareon since the days of Red and Blue. Whenever I got the Eevee from Bill, Flareon was always my choice for his evolution. A fire type combined with an adorable design and overall the tendency for Flareon to be considered the weakest Eevolution have helped him become a staple for my in-game teams from generation to generation. Massively underrated and damn cute--I have a real soft spot for Flareon.

Seviper: Seviper first came to my attention when Jessie "caught" herself one in the anime. I have always liked the design, the varied movepool (from Flamethrower and Earthquake to X-Scissor) and for a standalone Pokemon, Seviper has pretty decent stats.

Dustox: Much like Seviper, Dustox found its way into my heart after Jessie's Wurmple eventually evolved into one. While all my friends had Beautifly, I had Dustox--she really helped me through R/S/E despite not being the strongest. She often gets called one of the weakest Bug types, but there's something I cannot resist about the moth. I must say that she looks fantastic in the new 3D graphics, too.

Swoobat: I know there seems to be a pattern emerging here with me and Jessie's Pokémon, but I hadn't seen the Black and White series to even know she had a Woobat (I promise!). When I first saw Woobat in-game, I thought it was poorly designed but figured I would catch one anyway because I liked the dual-typing. I expected myself to put her in a box and never have much use for her but I decided to train the unconventional cutie up a little bit. When she eventually became a Swoobat, I needed convincing no longer. Swoobat might not be to everybody's tastes, but I really love using them.

Meowstic: My favorite Gen VI Pokémon. Meowstic really stood out to me when they were unveiled in one of the gameplay trailers a few months before release. I have always loved cats but the previous cat Pokémon didn't really do it for me (with exception of Persian, Skitty, Delcatty). I attempted to raise Purrloin in B&W but it felt like such a drag--and even as a Liepard, he wasn't too much fun to use. As soon as I read Meowstic had gender variations and were Psychic-type, I was certain I would use one. The male design appealed to me more initially but since using both in-game, I am in love with female Meowstic. So. Damn. Cute. Their movepools really interest me, too.

Old January 9th, 2014 (03:51 PM).
DynamicD
Metagross Fan

Breloom, Heliolisk and Salamence have recently taken the top 3 spots for me, but here is some honorable mentions:
-Feraligatr
-Espeon
-Wailord (BestPokemon2014)
-Goodra
-Ampharos

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 18th, 2014 (09:13 AM).
Sheep
sheeple sheeple

Nature: Timid
Um um um.

- Whimsicott
- Emolga
- Mareep & Flaaffy
- Wartortle
- Chespin
- Meowstic
- Phantump

Are among some of my favorites, mostly for the adorable designs (minus Wartortle as he's more cool than cute).

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 LV
Old January 18th, 2014 (09:28 AM).
Puddle
Mission Complete✔

Nature: Lax
1. Nidoking - Offensive and Bulky. Great move pool via TMs. I used to use him all the time in FireRed.
2. Flygon - First Pokemon that I ever got to level 100. Strong, cool looking and also cute at the same time.
3. Tyranitar - When I saw someone using this for the first time, I instantly wanted it! Shame that I only got it in XD.
4. Charizard - Favorite all time starter. Loved it in the show as well as using it. Did a Solo run with it and it did great.
5. Absol - I just think it's a cool looking Pokemon and I always liked it.

Some of these might change since I'm starting to play the higher generations now.

Old January 23rd, 2014 (10:38 AM).
Shadeh
KABOOM!

Nature: Jolly
What is your favorite pokemon and why? For me, it's the obvious, Zoroark. He has a cool model and his play style fits me. In rpgs I always choose the stealthy approach :D.

(Sorry if someone already made this, I didn't see a thread about this and decided to start one)
Old January 23rd, 2014 (10:51 AM).
Rothometapratis

My favorite pokemon is Golem, because it looks really nice. So steady and strong-looking. But I think there is a thread like this already.
Old January 23rd, 2014 (10:52 AM).
Puddle
Mission Complete✔

Nature: Lax
Nidoking. Use him all the time when I can. Bulky, and good move pool. Also looks like a boss.

Old January 23rd, 2014 (12:12 PM).
リザードン☆
Charizard evolved into..

For me, it's Charizard..
He's a cool looking dual Fire/Flying type and has been around since the beginning.
I love using him in playthroughs and in generation six gets two new awesome looking mega evolutions!

friend codefriend safaripmvm
Old January 23rd, 2014 (05:16 PM). Edited January 24th, 2014 by Timbjerr.
Timbjerr
Community Supporter

My favorite pokémon goes way back to the days where I used to follow the TCG and was constantly trying to find the perfect card to build a fun mindgame deck around. When the very first Neo3 booster pack I acquired contained this...
Spoiler:

...it was love at first sight. Even though I've given up on the TCG years ago, I still make it a point to use a crobat in nearly every one of my Pokémon playthroughs.
Old January 23rd, 2014 (06:28 PM).
Shadowche

Nature: Calm
For me it's Umbreon. :D
In every generation I played I had one in team. (I didn't play before 3rd generation).
I love his "dark" side and the way how he evolves from eevee.

Friend Safari - Water - Krabby - Wartortle - Frogadier
Friend Code 1864-9017-8557

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links