The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 8th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

All right, let's face it. There are many, many types of Vivillon. So many that some are hard to come by. This calls for a solution to help people acquire the ones they want or need.

So, this isn't a shop. I can't offer every look of Vivillon. What I can do is try to help organize Scatterbug traders into one place and help everyone get their Vivillon that they really want. Is your native bug a Sandstorm? What about Polar, or Icy Snow? Do you have Meadow Vivillon? Regardless of the look, do you also want to help others get your type and thus are able to breed and share your Scatterbugs?

Whatever your native look is, post it here and either I or a moderator will organize a list right here, in this post, that others here can use to try to get all the Vivillon they might want to use in battle. It's up to you after that to conduct your trades; this thread isn't for doing that. This will operate like the Quick Trade Thread in that sense except that it's only for Scatterbug trading, and for listing the various types of Scatterbug that everyone has. I'd like to get at least one holder of each type on here who is willing to breed and take part in this.

I'll start this off. I have Polar Vivillon. But other Polar Vivillon breeders are welcome to list that as well, as different breeders may want to get different Vivillon in their search.

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old November 8th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Alright everyone, since this thread is in Trade Corner and not Trade Plaza, I expect you guys to discuss as well as help others collection Vivillion. If your post is spammy or awful, expect it to be deleted.

Good luck and have fun!
Old November 8th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Polar is totally awesome and it's one of my favorite designs. As far as I can tell though, on chat at least, it is really, really common. I know of 2 other people besides me on IRC that has polar. That's like, 1/5 chat regulars. Or 1/9 people on chat.

Okay, maybe that doesn't sound like many but considering the number of forms there are, it is a lot.
(I am not trading Scatterbugs by the way, so do not add me to the list or I shall go bonkers.)

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old November 8th, 2013, 06:15 PM
retinaburn

Nature: Mild
I have an easy/stupid question. Does your region determine your bred vivillon pattern, or is it determined by parents?

Gen V White 2 FC: 0820-4702-6493 (commonly used for Pokedex pickups)
Gen V Black 2 FC: 4170-6415-3455 (DWFs, other random fulfillment)
Gen V Black 1 FC: 1464-7194-0424 (sometimes used for RNG pickups)
3DS FC - Version X - 0104-0057-8507 - IGN Retinaburn
Old November 8th, 2013, 06:23 PM
mcrc
Up and coming rapper

Send a message via AIM to mcrc Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mcrc
^ Was actually wondering that myself...would be awesome if the parents determine the bred Vivillon.

My form is Polar, anyone willing to trade is of course welcome to send me a message.

My Trade Shop

My solo music:
www.soundcloud.com/rahatc

My EDM-Rap group Kollidescope:
www.soundcloud.com/kollidescope
Old November 8th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I'll answer that question. Any Scatterbug you breed and create an Egg for will be defaulted to the Vivillon produced by your game's region. So if I were to trade you an Egg of a Scatterbug I breed personally, and you hatch it with your OT, it would still become a Polar Vivillon.

In the same vein, if you were to trade me a Continental and I were to breed it with a Meadow, it would still come out as a Polar. Because that's my region.

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old November 11th, 2013, 02:41 PM
atomtanned

I know they're super common, but I have Modern and I am definitely willing to catch/breed them! I don't have time to IV/shiny breed and natures are kind of hit or miss but I am glad to nickname or get a certain gender if people would like!

Friend Codes
X: Serena {2638-0348-2480}
Y: Allyson {2638-0348-2480}
HeartGold: Lyra {3526-6386-3822}

Challenges:
Pokemon Y Wonderlocke

tumblr || backlog

Old November 11th, 2013, 03:25 PM
runandtell
don't f***le with the shuckle

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to runandtell
i have a garden pattern from the ones that i breed. i am willing to give them away without anything in return its not like they're hard to come by xD

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 11th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
Polar is totally awesome and it's one of my favorite designs. As far as I can tell though, on chat at least, it is really, really common. I know of 2 other people besides me on IRC that has polar. That's like, 1/5 chat regulars. Or 1/9 people on chat.

Okay, maybe that doesn't sound like many but considering the number of forms there are, it is a lot.
(I am not trading Scatterbugs by the way, so do not add me to the list or I shall go bonkers.)
Vivillon rarity goes something like this, though it could vary a bit. (Common > rare)

Elegant >>> Modern/Polar/High Plains > Continental > Garden/Marine/Meadow/River > Sun/Tundra/Archipelago > Ocean/Jungle/Savanna >>> Monsoon/Icy Snow > Sandstorm
Old November 11th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
Vivillon rarity goes something like this, though it could vary a bit. (Common > rare)

Elegant >>> Modern/Polar/High Plains > Continental > Garden/Marine/Meadow/River > Sun/Tundra/Archipelago > Ocean/Jungle/Savanna >>> Monsoon/Icy Snow > Sandstorm
I believe that's what the rarity rating might be as well, because I see people posting a list of Vivillon forms they were collecting on Tumblr and they usually checked off the ones they already collected. Most lists I saw posted had them usually still needing to get Monsoon, Icy Snow and Sandstorm making me believe they were the rarest of the bunch.

Plus, while I'm not here to trade I found this handy list compiled by someone on Tumblr: Click here

The list is a more detailed version of finding out your region's Vivillon pattern. Plus if your region hasn't had its pattern identified on the list yet, there's a link there where you can report your region's form where the person who was working on this will eventually add it. I know the list is not complete, it's still a work in progress.

Edit: I can't wi-fi trade but my native pattern is River.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Last edited by Hikamaru; March 8th, 2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old November 12th, 2013, 07:14 AM
roseoforlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrc View Post
^ Was actually wondering that myself...would be awesome if the parents determine the bred Vivillon.

My form is Polar, anyone willing to trade is of course welcome to send me a message.
I would love to trade with you I have whatever the RED, WHITE, BLUE is. I am all new to this so don't know the names, Sorry.
Old November 19th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Amaura
Longneck Thingymabob
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Amaura
I guess I should go ahead and post here. I've completed my Vivillon collection, so I won't be looking to get any(though Monsoon/Jungle/Sandstorm are really appreciated).

I am currently able to get Icy Snow on my Y, which is apparently very hard to come across XD

In general, i'm able to get Ocean, Icy Snow, Polar, Modern, and High Plains. For those, other than Icy Snow, i'll have to restart my Y and manipulate region so that takes time.

This ancient Pokémon was restored from part of its body that had been frozen in ice for over 100 million years.
Trade Thread3DS FCPair
Old November 20th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Snoochey
Advanced Trader

Nature: Relaxed
I get the Polar skin. If my girlfriend is in the same house as myself, does that mean she gets the Polar skin as well?

EDIT: She has Vivillon in her Safari so I can catch as many as anyone wants! I'm also willing to start breeding them if there's enough interest, not sure if they're worth IV breeding.

My Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3969-4154-5213 IGN: Charles SV: 935 | GF Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0361-6412-3722 IGN: Ness SV: 549
Pokémon Safari Fairy Spawns: Snubbull, Spritzee, Floette | Pokémon Safari Bug Spawns: Paras, Beautifly, Vivillon

Old November 20th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Amaura
Longneck Thingymabob
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Amaura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoochey View Post
I get the Polar skin. If my girlfriend is in the same house as myself, does that mean she gets the Polar skin as well?

EDIT: She has Vivillon in her Safari so I can catch as many as anyone wants! I'm also willing to start breeding them if there's enough interest, not sure if they're worth IV breeding.
No, you can both get different Vivillon even though you live in the same house. What you have to do is FULLY restart your game and then change the game location(System Settings -> Other Settings -> Profile -> Region Settings). From there, just change your location to wherever you want.

One problem with this though, your DS has to have the same language as the country you're changing to in order to get that Vivillon. Ex.) I live in Texas and i'm sure you know, we speak English here. I have my DS set to Canada, Yukon currently and I am able to obtain Icy Snow Vivillon. Even though the Vivillon native to Texas is Modern(which I am able to get on my X version, I get Icy Snow on my Y currently)

But, if you don't wanna restart your games, then yeah you two should have the same Vivillon form.
Old November 20th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Snoochey
Advanced Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl-icious View Post
No, you can both get different Vivillon even though you live in the same house. What you have to do is FULLY restart your game and then change the game location(System Settings -> Other Settings -> Profile -> Region Settings). From there, just change your location to wherever you want.

One problem with this though, your DS has to have the same language as the country you're changing to in order to get that Vivillon. Ex.) I live in Texas and i'm sure you know, we speak English here. I have my DS set to Canada, Yukon currently and I am able to obtain Icy Snow Vivillon. Even though the Vivillon native to Texas is Modern(which I am able to get on my X version, I get Icy Snow on my Y currently)

But, if you don't wanna restart your games, then yeah you two should have the same Vivillon form.
Okay makes sense. I'm positive she won't want to restart her game, haha. And I'm definitely not restarting mine, so maybe if I buy a third copy of the game I'll get all the vivillons before playing through, if I don't get them from here already.

Looking to trade the Polar Vivillons for other skins! Any takers?

My Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3969-4154-5213 IGN: Charles SV: 935 | GF Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0361-6412-3722 IGN: Ness SV: 549
Pokémon Safari Fairy Spawns: Snubbull, Spritzee, Floette | Pokémon Safari Bug Spawns: Paras, Beautifly, Vivillon

Old November 27th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Giovanni Boss
Team Rocket's Head

I'm restarting my save right now and I intend to collect Vivillons this time, so, while I won't ask for any specific patterns, I'll gladly trade one of my savanna pattern [my native one] provided I do have one to trade, of course, so if anyone wants one of those, just send me a private message. I'll take any Vivillon over it, no matter the rarity. I guess if I do help people, eventually people will end up giving me all the forms. Considering there's no rush, it's a pretty reasonable way to trade.

See you around. =D
Well, guess it's all I have to tell.
Old November 27th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Nurse Joy
Would you like to rest your Pokémon?

Nature: Jolly
Hello! I know most people have this kind but I'll add mine anyway...
My Vivillon is Polar.
I'd like to collect them all, too, I guess. Or at least see all of them. If you want a Polar Vivillon, feel free to PM me.
Old November 28th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Equinoxe
pleeease listen to meee

Nature: Naughty
I have Icysnow Vivillons in my game, and I get them from a Friend Safari so they often have their hidden ability (Friend Guard).
My pattern collection is almost done, but I'm still missing Jungle and Sandstorm (plus I had to trade my Monsoon away to get Ocean so I'd like another one of those, too).

PM/VM me if you have Jungle/Sandstorm/Monsoon and I'll be more than happy to give you an Icysnow Vivillon! C:

EDIT: Currently I can't trade stuff since the wifi here is very unreliable and I don't want to risk messing something up if it disconnects during a trade (plus i already finished my collection, thanks to random passerbys and stalking the GTS). :E

if my heart were a ball
it would roll uphill

Last edited by Equinoxe; December 15th, 2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old November 28th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Giovanni Boss
Team Rocket's Head

I thought it'd be nice to say which ones I already got [I'm not saying I won't trade you my savannah ones if you give me one of those I have].

I got Polar, Continental, Elegant, High Plains and Monsoon (beside the obvious Savannah).
Well, guess it's all I have to tell.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 07:09 PM
Woodenbread

Hi
I have garden vivillon. I am happy to trade this with other form of vivillon. Please pm me.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 07:53 PM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
You know what'd be the most masochistic thing try to do? Collect all shiny vivillon patterns.

Old December 9th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Meemster

Nature: Quirky
I have the Modern pattern Vivillons
Old December 21st, 2013, 11:56 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

The thread is usefull so i am bumping i have marine!

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old December 21st, 2013, 09:39 PM
billionbucks25

So I have Polar region (very common I know) and the Elegant design. How have you guys completed your collections? The GTS is crazy because these people expect Articuno's and Mewtwos for their Vivillions...

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at PokePlushies!

Old December 23rd, 2013, 05:55 AM
Snoochey
Advanced Trader

Here's a nice picture of all the different Vivillon patterns.

http://clocktowerguardian.tumblr.com/image/64247516996

I only have Polar and Elegant patterns; I only have access to more Polar. Anyone else have other patterns which they can get for me? I'll trade polars or some IV bred pokémon if you can help out.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links