Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls
Reload this Page Favorite Pokémon Tournament - Flying (November 9-17)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

View Poll Results: Which are your favorite Flying types?
13 25.49%
16 31.37%
2 3.92%
6 11.76%
10 19.61%
9 17.65%
8 15.69%
15 29.41%
12 23.53%
10 19.61%
13 25.49%
11 21.57%
4 7.84%
8 15.69%
11 21.57%
14 27.45%
0 0%
6 11.76%
9 17.65%
13 25.49%
10 19.61%
5 9.80%
4 7.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 8th, 2013 (10:14 PM). Edited November 14th, 2013 by Osiris.
Nothing shredded, nothing gained.
ModeratorCS

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris

Flying-type Pokémon ~ November 9 - 17

Welcome to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament here in Pokémon Voting Polls, where we aim to determine who PokéCommunity’s favorite Pokémon is! This will be a grand undertaking that will span across a couple of months, where we will start with hundreds of Pokémon, in hopes to rank the most popular Pokémon in the eyes of you- the members of the PokéCommunity!

If you haven't already, please read through the rest of the Rules/FAQ below to catch up to speed with what this tournament is all about:

Spoiler:
  • Every week, there will be a new poll stickied at the top of PVP. Each thread will have a different elemental type, which will include a list of Pokémon to vote on.
  • You aren’t required to pick just one Pokémon- you can vote for as many as you like to ensure your favorites get through. The Pokémon with the most votes at the end of the week will face off against the other winning Pokémon in a final poll to crown the champion!
  • Not only will the winning Pokémon from each poll move on to the final vote, but they'll be featured in Pokémon Voting Polls' forum splash for a week.
  • In order to preserve space, we’ve grouped all of the applicable evolutions in a Pokémon family together. If a family rather than an individual were to win the tournament, we would hold one extra run-off poll to decide the most popular member of the family.
  • In the event of a tie at the end of the week, Brendino will have the tie-breaking vote.
  • Legendary Pokémon are not included in this round of voting. Don’t worry, though- they’ll be voted upon near the end of the tournament to round out the final number of candidates.
  • Furthermore, members who vote and post for a majority of weeks during the tournament will receive an emblem depicting the winning Pokémon!
  • If there are any questions that you need answered, feel free to leave a comment in this thread or send a VM to Brendino to get it sorted out.

NOTE: Because of the number of Flying-type Pokémon and the limited number of poll spaces, not all eligible Pokémon could be included.
If you want to vote for an unlisted Flying-type, check the "Legendary or other Flying Types" option represented by a (?), and leave a post with your vote.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls will remain open until November 17th, so get voting!

Previous Winners:

Old November 8th, 2013 (10:43 PM).

My vote goes to charizard !!
Old November 8th, 2013 (11:51 PM).
"What's this? Who is this spoiled brat?"
ModeratorBSCS

Nature: Modest
So many amazing choices! Can I just vote for them all? I really want to because every single choice is so tempting ♥. If I had to narrow it down to a select few though, I will cast one vote for the Altaria family. I have always loved this Pokemon due to how soft and cuddly it looks while also being a powerful Dragon! I'd also like to give a vote to the Murkrow line because Murkrow was my favorite Dark Pokemon from GSC outside of Houndoom and when it got an evolution it just became even more amazing, haha. My last vote goes to the "other" category for Yanmega!

Old November 8th, 2013 (11:51 PM).
Tomato Soup
Silver Tier

Big fan of Swellow, ever since gen IV, where it didn't even really exist haha. Has an amazing shiny, and in battle I love the Toxic Orb+Facade+Guts combo that you can pull off.

And I guess I didn't realize it since they weren't up there, but the Zubat line is pretty awesome. Crobat was the Pokemon I think I was using when I chained my first shiny. That or Umbreon haha.
Old November 8th, 2013 (11:59 PM).
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by Flush'd:
And I guess I didn't realize it since they weren't up there, but the Zubat line is pretty awesome. Crobat was the Pokemon I think I was using when I chained my first shiny.
I guess I should've made a note, but Zubat/Golbat/Crobat were intentionally excluded since they won the Poison-type vote at the beginning of September. No use in them taking up a spot that could go to other Pokemon!
Old November 9th, 2013 (12:10 AM).
ffet

Nature: Relaxed
My first vote went to Pelipper. Pelicans are one of my favorite birds because they remind me of the coast and Pelipper happens to resemble a Pelican. Wingull was one of the first Pokémon that I've ever used in a game so there's also some nostalgia to blame for this vote. I find Pelipper's large beak humorously fascinating.

I also voted for Noctowl. Ash's shiny Noctowl was really neat and it was featured in some really great episodes. I like Noctowl's hypnotic abilities and how it can make people look like fools. I often use Noctowl in the Johto games because it's easy to obtain and is useful for flying around the regions.

Last but not least, I voted for Mantine. I've never used it in the games but I like manta rays lol. I like how Mantine's pectoral fins are portrayed as wings and its cry sounds great.
Old November 9th, 2013 (12:42 AM).
•=ØInfinityØ=•

Nature: Serious
Still voted for Fletchling! (I like it.)

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
Old November 9th, 2013 (01:11 AM). Edited November 9th, 2013 by Hikamaru.
get to heaven
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I was kinda surprised I ended up picking less votes than usual this week, maybe most of the listed Pokemon didn't appeal to me or something.

Okay, here's what I voted...

Noibat / Noivern - I love this line and the whole sound wave concept. Yeah it's another Dragon/Flying but it's one with a good design going for it.

Emolga - My fave of the Electric Rodents, because it stands out as the only one of the bunch not weak to Ground. Plus it's super adorable, which made me love it even more once I saw it in the anime.

Starly line - Best early bird ever, very strong as a Staraptor. No other early bird was able to do what Staraptor did in 4th Gen, hence in Sinnoh games I always tried to get one on my team. It was essentially one of my faves from Sinnoh.

Rufflet / Braviary - Another hard-hitting bird, a bit slower but it has the brute strength to make it a worthy fighter in battle. Not to mention you can get a very awesome Defiant Braviary every Monday in White 2. Becomes OP as heck in-game due to the low level you catch it at.

Fletchling line - They become part-Fire, which is cool. Plus love the whole line's design too. Really want to try it out once I get X/Y!

Togetic / Togekiss - Togekiss always remained a fave of mine due to being a strong special attacker and having some good defenses to back it up. The new Fairy-type gives it some new uses, but it will always reign supreme among Serene Grace abusers. Dat Air Slash.

tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs | ask me
adoption center mentor | fairy club | water club

Old November 9th, 2013 (02:43 AM).
Impulsive lil' kitty
Silver Tier

Nature: Bashful
I voted for the Starly line because of Staraptor. It's my most favorite bird Pokemon; it's just... so, so cool and badass. .3.

Next is Braviary. It's second to Staraptor. I like how it looks like a bird that would be used by a knight (yes, knight and not a prince). Talk about chivalry. :3

Emolga. It's a cutie pie, and I love cute stuff/people/Pokemon; therefore, it's a given that I'd like this Pokemon. =w=b

Finally, Noivern. "Like" at first sight. I'm not a fan of bats IRL, but this Pokemon is just too awesome for it not to steal a spot in my heart. <3
Old November 9th, 2013 (02:47 AM).
ふゆかい

Nature: Quiet
No one else but Salamence.
Even though it's dragon/flying, I think it looks badass and has the best design.
Old November 9th, 2013 (10:47 AM).
Momentai :D
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I voted for Pidgey, Gyarados and Gliscor. Pidgey's a Pokémon that I've been forced to love by Olli and now I do rather adore it; it's so cool whilst being so relaxed and simple without trying to show off or be something it's not. Gyarados is a pure badass - he's on almost every competitive team I've made and he's really fun to use, a big favourite of mine (though I never did understand the Flying typing). And Gliscor is in the same boat as Gyarados, though not as fun to use in battle - the anime appearance more than made up for it though!
Old November 9th, 2013 (10:49 AM).
coven
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Flying, the most difficult Favourote Pokémon Tournament for me since I literally love all Flying-type Pokémon.

However for me it has to be Swellow, since Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire Swellow has always remained as my all time favourite Pokémon.
Old November 9th, 2013 (10:59 AM).
Silver Tier

I voted for Togekiss because it's both a fun looking Pokemon and a useful one to have in the games. I voted also to Noctowl because I have a special place in my heart for this one after I used one to wallop a bunch of gyms in HeartGold.

I also voted Other for Masquerain, which is one of my favorite Pokemon overall.
Old November 9th, 2013 (11:14 AM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
I love Swellow a lot. It's actually very defensive compared to the other Flying types
Old November 9th, 2013 (09:44 PM).
Protect his very soul.
ModeratorCS

Pidgey, for being a true bro in Blue, Yellow, Gold, FireRed, and HeartGold. Thanks for serving me all these years in your many incarnations, Peanuts the Pidgeot! :P Also, Pidgey is one of the few random encounter shinies I've ever caught. I encountered a shiny right after I beat the Elite 4 in FireRed. Although I've never trained it, I can send him all the way to XY. Also, I've RNG abused a second shiny Pidgey in Black just because. Pidgey's just a cool Pokemon.

Other special mentions go to Aerodactyl, Togetic/Togekiss, Honchkrow, Gliscor, Skarmory, Swellow, Altaria, Salamence, Staraptor, Talonflame, and Noivern. Ones not listed that I've adored include Articuno, Xatu, Crobat, Lugia, Ho-oh, Masquerain, Yanmega, Landorus, and Yveltal.

They've all served me well. It's really tough to decide which would be my top 3, though. Even if I narrowed it down to just loving my shiny birds, it's still quite a flock. BIIIIRDDDSSS!
Old November 9th, 2013 (09:56 PM).
→ treasure any encounter
ModeratorCS

Nature: Gentle
Voted for the Pidgey line, Aerodactyl, Togetic/Togekiss and Swablu/Altaria! All of them have been my favorite birds one time or another and continue to do so!
that's what you have taught me,
and that's why I travel
there's only light ahead
Old November 9th, 2013 (10:09 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
My favorite Flying Pokemon in general is Salamence. Even though it got shafted in Gen VI, I still like it for its offensive prowess. Noivern comes in close, though, because I liked it ever since it was revealed, as well as Braviary. My favorite early bird is Staraptor because it gets Close Combat to demolish those Steel and Rock Pokemon.

Old November 10th, 2013 (04:29 AM).
My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to RimasLT
Swellow & Staraptor,They allways was in my team.

Old November 10th, 2013 (05:31 AM).
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
I'm sad you didn't chuck in Chatot and Dragonite. Oh well, my vote goes for Skarmory because even though he seems dull I'm giving him chance for being part steel.

My vote this time mostly went on design so it should be no surprise I voted the 'cool' Pokémon, Braviary and Staraptor. Staraptor in particular was heaps useful in Pokémon Conquest and his best link wardude was cool too. Also Staraptor is awesome <3 It was fun too. Though Togekiss doesn't look so impressive it's just so huggable and I have to give in another vote for Togetic and Togekiss.
Old November 10th, 2013 (05:45 PM).
A Scene In Between

My vote goes towards Skarmory. In terms of design, it looks absolutely amazing! It's got sharp-looking wings, a body made out of complete metal, a hard, pointy beak, and its claws are razor-sharp. When I had first seen this Pokémon, I immediately fell in love. Battling-wise, it's pretty awesome as well. Its defensive stats are very heavy. Regardless of how many times you attacked it, it would refuse to be taken down. It's got access to Roost, too. Whenever it's at low health, it could always have itself recovered. It's also able to learn Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Whirlwind, which make great support moves. Skarmory would be a great addition to almost any team. (:

I also voted for Pidgey, as it was the first bird Pokémon I've ever gotten my hands on. It looks pretty cute, too!
Old November 10th, 2013 (05:55 PM).

Nature: Bold
I voted for both the Togepi and Noibat lines. Togetic and Noibat are two of my favorite designs, and their evolutions are both viable, unique fighters. Love them all!
If Chatot had been there I would have voted for it as well. Chatot in Mystery Dungeon, hahah.
Old November 10th, 2013 (06:18 PM).
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by ★Hoenn★:
I'm sad you didn't chuck in Chatot and Dragonite. Oh well, my vote goes for Skarmory because even though he seems dull I'm giving him chance for being part steel.
I should have made a mention of this when talking about the Crobat family, but Dragonite wasn't included due to winning the Dragon-type poll in August. As for Chatot, I meant to include it in the poll, but somehow missed it. I've now added it with the appropriate number of votes left in the thread.

On another note, the impending server move here at PC will be taking place during this week's round of voting. For however long this downtime lasts, I'll add that time on to the poll when the site's back up, so for those that haven't voted yet, don't worry about your voting window being cut short.
Old November 11th, 2013 (10:07 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Super Moderator

First vote was tossed to Charizard, who is one of my favorite Pokemon.

I also had to give a vote to Pelipper. Even though Pelipper isn't that strong of a Pokemon, it became one of my favorites because of a Ruby playthrough. That bird was incredible with its Ice Beam and...being a decent HM slave?

Also, Hoothoot gets a vote because it's been my Pokewalker buddy for a year now. My main Pokewalker has only had Hoothoot in it since the day she appeared on the device, and I've gotten so used to her being there. So I had to give her some support.
Old November 11th, 2013 (10:40 PM).
can I have a Pokepuff?
Gold Tier

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Poke Fox
Emolga for me, as its the only half-flying I have used before and actually like (mostly thanks to the anime) and when I used in my teams really moved the move sets. Also it's really cute
For the others?
Spoiler:
I don't like any of the other flying types, it's just me

Old November 12th, 2013 (01:36 PM).
We can't go home, not anymore
Super Moderator

Nature: Calm
I voted for a lot this time around. Normally I only vote for one, but I just couldn't settle on one. One of my favorite flying types of all time is Honchkrow, the design looks really cool to me. I always liked Talonflame the second I saw it. Togekiss has always ranked up there. I voted for a lot more, but I don't feel like giving my reason for all of them.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)