The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 26th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Grimwohl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flush'd View Post
Does anyone know how the Masuda Effect relates to the shiny values and whether I should waste my time getting foreign parents?
Masuda method re-rolls its shiny number 6? Times on hatching, and stop if finds a matching number or rolls 6 times.
PKMN White FC = 0949 2646 1655
PKMN Y FC = 4828 4374 4469
Shiny Value : 2963 (not 834, sorry!)
Friend Me!
Old November 28th, 2013, 03:54 PM
TheGr8
lovely pair<3
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Jolly
The preferred connection is a Local Area Network, with a not in use wireless. I have done Instacheck on both just LAN and Wireless, if it's saying it can't boot up you may have to restart your PC. If you have any more questions I may be able to help you troubleshoot it

Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

Signature by Khalei

Last edited by TheGr8; November 28th, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old November 28th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Apologies, but I think my TSV got added to the form twice. If one could be removed, that'd be great.
Old November 28th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimwohl View Post
I have the program, would anyone help me find the value of my eggs?
I'd be glad to check yours at the same time. My SV is 834, and I have the program available an functional. Please add me to the list.
Does anyone know how to check your shiny value without having another person present?
Although you can check your own SV through Wonder Trade, you'll need a buddy to check Egg SVs. I recommend sending random trade requests to passerbys if you don't have any willing friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flushed View Post
Does anyone know how the Masuda Effect relates to the shiny values and whether I should waste my time getting foreign parents?
AFAIK Masuda Method isn't going to help you here, so I wouldn't bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas12345 View Post
Can I ask what kind of connection do we have to use to run the virtual router? I'm using local area connection and it doesn't work.
Try Smogon's troubleshooting section. I legitimately know nothing about connections myself. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somniac View Post
Apologies, but I think my TSV got added to the form twice. If one could be removed, that'd be great.
Fixed that.
Old November 28th, 2013, 08:41 PM
hermit17

Is anyone willing to be a buddy for me to check the values for my eggs?

OT: To those experiencing problems running Instacheck, a feasible solution would be to use a laptop to run Instacheck instead. I always faced the problem of "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" due to the lack of wireless drivers. This is a problem for me as my computer is put up myself by buying parts separately, so downloading drivers from official websites like HP/Dell is not going to work.

For people who have computers with an official brand, a solution would be to go to their official websites and download network drivers. The problem faced by many using desktop is due to the lack/outdated wireless network drivers. Downloading this would probably fix the issue.

Other people like me could use a laptop to run Instacheck. Managed to run it without any problems, probably due to the in-built Wifi all/most laptops have.

Hope this solution works for you guys.
Will trade back any egg requested to be hatched

Accept anyone as friends!
PM me if you have added me so that I can add you back (:
Old November 28th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermit17 View Post
Is anyone willing to be a buddy for me to check the values for my eggs?

OT: To those experiencing problems running Instacheck, a feasible solution would be to use a laptop to run Instacheck instead. I always faced the problem of "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" due to the lack of wireless drivers. This is a problem for me as my computer is put up myself by buying parts separately, so downloading drivers from official websites like HP/Dell is not going to work.

For people who have computers with an official brand, a solution would be to go to their official websites and download network drivers. The problem faced by many using desktop is due to the lack/outdated wireless network drivers. Downloading this would probably fix the issue.

Other people like me could use a laptop to run Instacheck. Managed to run it without any problems, probably due to the in-built Wifi all/most laptops have.

Hope this solution works for you guys.
The weird thing is, I got that error on both my laptop and desktop, even after updating laptop drivers, fiddling with registry entries for ages, and playing around in CMD.
Cest la vie.
Old November 28th, 2013, 09:10 PM
hermit17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somniac View Post
The weird thing is, I got that error on both my laptop and desktop, even after updating laptop drivers, fiddling with registry entries for ages, and playing around in CMD.
Cest la vie.
Try typing in "netsh wlan show drivers" and see if there are any drivers available. If the command prompt says "There is no wireless interface on this system", this shows that you do not have wireless drivers.

If the command prompt says that there is wireless interface, go to Device Manager > Network Adapters
and make sure that the wireless connection is enabled by right clicking and checking it.

EDIT: After researching more about this, apparently, a wireless card/adapter is required to be purchased for typical desktops in order for WiFi to be enabled. Problem about this is compatibility issues of the card with your desktop. A better option would be to purchase USB Wireless adapters, but this would limit the speed of the connection. Then again, don't think anyone would spend 20-30 bucks just for connecting to Instacheck for Pokemon.
Will trade back any egg requested to be hatched

Accept anyone as friends!
PM me if you have added me so that I can add you back (:

Last edited by hermit17; November 29th, 2013 at 05:49 AM.
Old November 29th, 2013, 04:42 PM
trapincher
Rocket Executive

Hey, sorry, for the spreadsheet my name appears 2 times. Can you guys change it?
I'm 2nd to last on the list.
Old December 1st, 2013, 12:35 PM
Universal
Musician
Community Supporter Tier 1

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Universal
Can I be a Shiny Value checker? I have a good amount of time on my hands to be one.

Shiny giveaway soon!!

Shiny Value is 95!!
3DS FC (Pokemon Y)
Name: Matthew
FC: 2621-3105-9791
White FC

Name: Prodigy
FC: 1979-4040-6808
Old December 4th, 2013, 06:32 AM
tellchur

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to tellchur
Would someone be willing to check some eggs for me? I've been trying to get a shiny mareep for some for 3 weeks now and it hasn't happen through breeding. Just PM here and try to offer something decent to compensate your time. Thanks
Old December 5th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Grimwohl

IF anyone is on right now, pm me and I'll check some eggs for you.
PKMN White FC = 0949 2646 1655
PKMN Y FC = 4828 4374 4469
Shiny Value : 2963 (not 834, sorry!)
Friend Me!
Old December 5th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Snoochey
Advanced Trader

Nature: Relaxed
I got the programs to work on my girlfriend's laptop, so I can check shiny values and such now. Is there any way to check my own IVs and stuff without opening trade? I can use her 3DS to check my own stuff but if she's using her 3DS it leaves me in a pickle, haha.

My Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3969-4154-5213 IGN: Charles SV: 935 | GF Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0361-6412-3722 IGN: Ness SV: 549
Pokémon Safari Fairy Spawns: Snubbull, Spritzee, Floette | Pokémon Safari Bug Spawns: Paras, Beautifly, Vivillon

Old December 12th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Flushed
HAHAHA trolol rip

Got like 5 boxes full of eggs and in the process of getting a 3DS so I could check with myself.

But you win some you lose some. I believe the Battle Analyzer is in direct correlation to the SVs going down.

Sponsored Links