The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Old November 12th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Mega Missingno

Advertise here
Do others arrange their PC boxes? Do you re-name them? If so, in what ways do you guys arrange them?

I've been arranging mine by type, since it's just so much easier to find the pokemon I need, that way, instead of having random types cluttered together in all the boxes. Since I made a commitment to start off my X game as a set type trainer (that being fire), my fire babies take up the first box; which I've named accordingly. My other boxes are also named to reflect which type of Pokemon go in them. Box 2 is Normal, Box 3 is Normal2, Box 4 is a dual box meant for both Ghost*Psychic, then Dark*Poison, Flying*Fairy, Steel*Bug, then Dragon, Ice*Electric, Water, Grass, Ground*Rock, Fighting, the Legendaries get their own box, and all the other free boxes are fodder for Wonder Trades, or all my hundreds of Eevee eggs (damn you, shiny Eevee, why you elude me?)
Old November 12th, 2013, 07:19 PM
PokeMastermind

For the first part of my gamr I arranged my boxes by levels so I could work on evolving and filling my Pokedex. Now it's arranged by type since I have more room and can concentrate on battling and breeding. The last boxes I have full of dittos and HA females to breed.
Old November 12th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Earthbound93

i have 1 box for each type, sort each pokemon based on their first type, then i have 2 boxes for eggs, 2 for wonder trade, 1 for legendaries, 1 for starters, 1 for level 100s, 2 for ev trained. and i just move unused boxes to wherever i need extra

My safari is electric: Luxio, Stunfisk, and Pachirisu. pm if you add me
I give away pokerus If you need it, ask :3
Old November 12th, 2013, 07:24 PM
artist92

Nature: Docile
I go by type, and I'm actually starting to need more than one box for several types haha.
Old November 12th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Flushed
My Box 3, idk why 3, has all my important Pokemon like my shinies, my main game team, etc. 1 and 2 have all the random Pokemon I've caught along the way, and 4-28 have the eggs I've hatched and a box of Friend Safari Swanna haha. Not exactly organized, but works for me, at least until I have to get rid of all these eggs Pokemon/
Old November 12th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Kyo Razorblade Wolf
Goofball

Location: In my house, In my state, in my country, on my continent, on my planet
Nature: Calm
I arrange them by National Pokedex Number, after I get plenty of Kanto pokemon.
Old November 12th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Batty

Nature: Bold
I arrange PC boxes by type, as do most people (I believe.)
In the types boxes, I put the Pokemon I use the most or need to train/evolve for Dex entries near the top
Old November 12th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Mega Missingno

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeMastermind View Post
For the first part of my gamr I arranged my boxes by levels so I could work on evolving and filling my Pokedex. Now it's arranged by type since I have more room and can concentrate on battling and breeding. The last boxes I have full of dittos and HA females to breed.
I'd imagine organizing boxes by level would be too frustrating for me. Just way too much switching and sending Pokemon from one box to another. With organization by type, they can just stay where they in the same box as their own type.
Old November 12th, 2013, 07:41 PM
icelovebunnies9
Ghastly Dragon

Nature: Jolly
I also arrange my boxes by type. But while I am going through the storyline of the game, I don't arrange them in types and I just place them in a random order. I normally rearrange it once I finish the game. I also have boxes for Pokemon that I'm trading away, and Pokemon I use for battles. In my White 2 game, I had boxes for Dream World Pokemon that I had.

Friend Safari: Fire-Type Ninetales, Pansear, and Charmeleon
FC: 4957-3485-2702
Old November 13th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Meemster

Nature: Quirky
My first box has all my important Pokemon and I have one box for Wonder trade, 2 for all my eggs that were hatched >.< and just random Pokemon in the other boxes
Old November 13th, 2013, 10:28 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

I arrange them by types, with a background that matches the type such as forest for bug and grass types.
Old November 13th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I used to arrange my PC Boxes by type with a matching wallpaper to go with, but I haven't done that since Diamond. I've had the sudden urge to start organizing them again in Y though. Now that I've been Wonder Trading a lot and want to start Super Training my Pokémon and working up teams for online battles and the Battle Maison, it might help to keep certain Pokémon separate from others.

Moved this to PGC since it's not something that's very specific to just X and Y by the way.
Old November 13th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Count

Nature: Bold
Yesterday I started to sort them by egg group, I thought that would be useful for breeding and all. But I haven't really found an effective way to do this seeing as most pokémon are in two egg groups.

I usually arrange them by type though.

3DS FC: 2062-9927-6099
Fairy: Swirlix, Dedenne, Floette.
Old November 13th, 2013, 12:07 PM
sh1nyzorua
zorua♥&♥zoroark

Nature: Quirky
I have my Boxed Pokemon arranged by how they're used, or something they have in common, like being shiny or foreign, or a legendary Pokemon.

Gif by it-started-to-rain on Tumblr (:
Old November 13th, 2013, 01:37 PM
braixen
the supreme meme

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to braixen
I still need to rearrange my boxes lol. The first three of mine are filled with pokemon I'm interested in. Then I have 2 boxes full of dittos, a box for 3 iv dittos, a box for trading, a box for unhatched eggs, and a box full of fennekins.

Pokemon X FC: 3566-1532-6040
Currently taking on the fairy monotype challenge. (1/8)
Add me on myanimelist!
Old November 13th, 2013, 03:45 PM
NRG

first 3 are filled with story captures
battle box has my team so far while breeding, to the left of that is my dittos, left of that are my breeding boxes.
Old November 13th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Shizzable
The Derpiest One Of All

Nature: Jolly
At first, I don't care about the boxes, but around halfway through my journey, I usually feel the need to arrange my boxes by type, beside Pokemon in my party and legendaries. I really have no idea why, I've just always done it (gaming OCD I guess).
Old November 13th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Pike Queen
La Exorcista

Nature: Lonely
I don't, usually because I don't catch enough Pokemon to feel the need to. I've never focused on filling the Pokedex, just making a strong in-game team. In my boxes are mostly HM slaves and Pokemon that I obtained or were given to me.

Banner made by a friend on another forum!

"What an excellent day for an exorcism."

If you play Mario Kart Wii or Brawl online, let meh know!
Old November 27th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Bruce Banner
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
Ever since Gen IV I'e arranged my box. When I have a huge myriad of pokemon it helps to order them in order of type or specialties because it can help me find them at short notice. I normally would label the boxes legendary or shiny or ev'd. I have yet to rearrange my boxes for Gen VI though, I really need to get onto that!
Old November 28th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Starry Windy
The curious dude
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I'm arranging my PC Box at some point, to separate the Level 100 Pokémon with not-fully trained Pokémon, because I can find it easier to search for powerful Pokémon this way.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old November 28th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Kaizaer Dragonovian
Kaizaer Dragonovian

Nature: Calm
I arrange by Type or Number. Usually by number so when I catchem all Ill know where each one is. 30 to a box and 18 boxes. 540 total which is why pokemon added the online boxing services
Old November 28th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Blueredemption
Kanto's Castaway

Yesh i fell like the exseption O.o i sort my pc boxes solely by level. I'm not big into ev's or type matchups, so sorting by type or strength is worthless to me :/

For me it works like this: resently caught, 20up, 30up, 40up...

Lastly, the only pokemon that are "sorted" are last evo's ( i have 3 30up boxes )

Edit* forgot to mention that there is a separate box for legendaries

Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Fire

[ Kanto (LG) 0/8 ] [ Johto (SS) Mono 0/16 ] [ Hoenn (S) Mono 0/8 ] [ Sinnoh (P) 0/8 ] [ Unova (W2) 0/8 ] [ Kalos (X) 0/8 ]

i can't believe it's been a year already O.o
Old November 29th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
i arrange my boxes and Pokemon by their National Dex Number. Box 1, 2 and 3 is named 'Kanto' 4, 5 and 6 is named 'Johto' and so on. The leftover boxes I have are reserved for certain Pokemon, this changes through different Gens. These certain Pokemon include EV trained, Shiny, Unown, Foreign, Event, etc.
Old November 30th, 2013, 06:27 AM
MylittlePlusle

I normally go by tier like OU, UU, NU etc, and then by t'heir role i.e attacker, staller, sp.attacker etc.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 04:36 AM
TheRestlessSoul

Nature: Relaxed
I usually do it by type, however when i start really filling up the national dex i start to do it by dex number, e.g. box 1 becomes 1-30, box 2 becomes 31-60 and so on. Though i don't think this is really possible now in X and Y with there being only 8 or boxes.. or do you get more later in the game or something? i assume not due to the pokemon bank though

3DS Friend Code: 0619-4568-7335

Friend Safari:

National Dex Completion: 51%

Shiny Pokemon:
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here