Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Reload this Page Favourite Pokemon Film!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old November 14th, 2013 (07:13 PM).
doesn't work well with others...

Nature: Quirky
I would make this a poll, but I honestly don't know how that is done. What is your favourite pokemon movie? I love pokemon heroes! It just tears me up at the end when
Spoiler:
the latios sacrifices itself and you see its ghost flying off with latias!
I want others' input on this matter!
Old November 15th, 2013 (06:17 PM).
Molly, you are so pretty! ♥

My favorite movie is the first-Mewtwo Strikes Back. Was quite a thrilling story with Mewtwo and his superclones, and I remember the intense hype and press surrounding it for its US theatrical release (at the time I went to see Toy Story 2, which came out a couple of weeks after, I thought the long lines at the theaters were for the Pokémon movie.)

You would think the third movie would be my favorite because of Molly being in it, but I think the first the best, for the reasons stated above.
Old November 15th, 2013 (08:44 PM).
Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
Hmm.... it is not simple to just pick one. I have about four that tie for first

Pokemon the First Movie (1999), Pokemon 2000 (2000), Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (2006) and last Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (2007)

It is very hard to pick one. There is big moments in all of those movies that I like.

A bit off subject. Toy Story 2 came out a week after the first movie. So everyone probably had already seen the pokemon movie by then. I actually also went to see Toy Story 2 in movie theaters, but I don't recall Pokemon being up then.

Darker Than It Seem..
Shadow: (Fighting/Fire)
Party: Noivern, Lucario, Glacieon, and Krokorok

Phoena: (Water/Ground)
Party: Swanna, Poliwrath and Vaporeon.
Old November 15th, 2013 (08:47 PM).

Hey, Iceman, of your top picks, my favourite is Lucario and the mystery of Mew. That DVD was actually the first Pokemon thing I ever got... Ah, memories! :')

I'm Reading...
Just finished a volume of Soul Eater, volume 14. At this point, it has become very different compared to the anime, and I kind of like it. Some of the characters have gotten a lot more fleshed out (specifically the meister team of Ox, Kilik, and Kim), and things are happening quite differently. An exciting read.

I'm Playing...
The iPod music game, Cytus. While I may not know very many of the songs, I really like its music, and the gameplay is easy to pick up yet takes quite a while to master. A friend has seen me play it and he says I make it look easy, but I am still having a fun and challenging time. Definitely worth the price.
Old November 19th, 2013 (05:45 PM).

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to TrainerJacob
My favorite movie is..."Pokémon: The First Movie" because I like the story and I liked Mewtwo in it. (Never saw it in theaters though, as 1. I was sort of a "Pokémon movie Virgin" at that time as I paid more attention to the anime itself than the movies and 2. I didn't see a movie in theateres until 2000, when I saw "Thomas and the Magic Railroad"
Other than that, the first one is one of the very few pokémon movies I've seen full-length. (Other than the "Bits and pieces" of the others I've seen such as: "Pokemon Heroes" "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" and "Genesect and the Legend Awakened")
Old November 20th, 2013 (09:03 AM).
La Exorcista
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
I have been obsessed with Pokemon Heroes ever since it came out. Latios and Latias are awesome, it has a lovely setting, great soundtrack, Bianca is adorable x3, with one epic ending!

Banner made by a friend on another forum!

"What an excellent day for an exorcism."

If you play Mario Kart Wii or Brawl online, let meh know!
Old November 20th, 2013 (10:42 AM).
azure edge.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Judging on the scale of 'seen only two times' and 'watched it every day for two years', I'd say that my favorites are still the first two movies. I used to watch those all the dang time.

Aside from those two, I've seen the Jirachi movie, and Lucario movie a lot.

I really like those four more than the others, but I have yet to really dislike a Pokemon movie.
Old November 20th, 2013 (11:28 AM).
keep out. seriously.
Moderator, CS

Nature: Gentle
Pokemon the Movie 2000, Jirachi Wish Maker, and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew would have to be my top three. Though I actually don't dislike any of the movies. Sure, they're cheesy and such but c'mon this is Pokemon. If you go in all judgmental or standards that are too high for Pokemon (which by this time we should know what standards work for Pokemon) of course you're not going to like 'em anyways so why even bother.
Old November 20th, 2013 (04:35 PM).
can I have a Pokepuff?
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Poke Fox
Some of my favorites are "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew", "Black—Victini and Reshiram", "Zoroark: Master of Illusions".... kept me very entertained, loved the story. So far my overall favorite has to be "Genesect and The Legend Awakened" I didn't expect to love the movie.

Old November 21st, 2013 (07:01 AM).
No need to worry!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
I have some of my faves, including Spell of the Unown for the awesome Molly's world scene (including the underwater battle scene), Giratina and the Sky Warrior because I like how Shaymin is portrayed, White - Victini and Zekrom for entertaining story and Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice for epic battles between Keldeo and Kyurem.
Old November 21st, 2013 (06:03 PM).
don't lose hope.
Administrator, CS

Nature: Timid
The first three movies were fantastic, though I also loved the Latios/Latias movie (its name escapes me atm asdf), Destiny Deoxys, and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Hopefully I'll be able to watch the newest film soon so I can see where it stands on my list!
Old November 21st, 2013 (06:12 PM).

A Pokémon movie actually got me into Pokémon! The story:
I was a hotel and there was nothing on TV. The only decent thing was Jirachi: Wish Maker. I loved it, and when I got back home from the hotel, I picked up some Pokémon cards, and another Pokémon movie.

I'm Reading...
Just finished a volume of Soul Eater, volume 14. At this point, it has become very different compared to the anime, and I kind of like it. Some of the characters have gotten a lot more fleshed out (specifically the meister team of Ox, Kilik, and Kim), and things are happening quite differently. An exciting read.

I'm Playing...
The iPod music game, Cytus. While I may not know very many of the songs, I really like its music, and the gameplay is easy to pick up yet takes quite a while to master. A friend has seen me play it and he says I make it look easy, but I am still having a fun and challenging time. Definitely worth the price.
Old November 21st, 2013 (07:24 PM).
d r a c a r y s
Crystal Tier

Another vote for Mewtwo Strikes Back, and I also really liked the sequel, Mewtwo Returns.
Old November 23rd, 2013 (05:06 AM).
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
I loved Lucario and the mysteries of mew, it would have been cooler if they expanded more on the war during Lucario's time

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old November 23rd, 2013 (08:59 AM).
Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to KamikazeSSoH
Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (2006)

@KamikazeSilver
My Two Favorite Pokémon.
Old November 23rd, 2013 (09:13 AM).
Angeline plushxKikaito plush

Nature: Naughty
my favorite movie is Jirachi the wish maker because of the fake groudon.
Old November 24th, 2013 (06:27 PM).

No love for Pokemon 4 Ever? I loved it. Both Mewtwo ones also make my top 3. It took me so long to track down Mewtwo Returns on DVD then waited 4 weeks to receive it. That's the most anxious I've ever been to watch any movie quite honestly.
Old November 24th, 2013 (07:10 PM).
Jack of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
Arceus and the Jewel of Life. I'm a sucker for time travel movies.
Old December 1st, 2013 (05:46 PM).

no one said the rise of darkrai? the story is freakin amazing and the song Oracion?! come one that song makes me cry everytime. and darkrai is just like mewtwo! he is evil but then turns good. i cant belive no love for the Rise of Darkrai

Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/leavsidchiptric13
Blogger Account: https://www.blogger.com/home
Old December 2nd, 2013 (02:05 PM).
If all we have is time then we'll be alright
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Aw man, this is a rather tough decision. I really, really like both Mewtwo Strikes Back and The Power of One, but after the numerous streamings of all the Pokemon movies I've done across the past 2 years, I've grown to love quite a bunch of them. I initially didn't really like the Celebi movie very much, as I felt it was way too cliche, and I wasn't a very big fan of Celebi. I was pretty much forced into streaming it during this year's GT though, and I can say I'm thankful for everyone who voted for the movie. I've grown to love it quite a lot, as I feel like I approached it much more openly, and it was one of the few times I've felt like Pokemon actually threw a curveball, and gave us something completely unexpected. And while it's completely certain that they didn't think of that prior to the launch of the anime waaay back, I feel like it still kinda fits in with how Oak trusted Ash enough to give him such a disobedient Pikachu :p

I also really like the Lucario movie, the Darkrai movie, as well as the Keldeo movie, entirely because Keldeo is voiced by Mic Mignogna, but in all honesty, there isn't really any that I don't like. My favourite however, would probably The Power of One, partly because it was my definite favourite back when I was younger, and I've grown quite fond of the plot, and partly because of BIIIIIIIIRRDS!

Old December 3rd, 2013 (09:17 AM).
Prepare for trouble!

My absolute favorite is Pokemon Heroes. I LOVE Latios and Latias.

My next favorite would be Pokemon 3: Spell of the Unown. It was one of my favorites as a child and I still have the VHS.
Old December 8th, 2013 (08:25 AM).
Adventurer

Nature: Modest
Pokemon Spell of The Unown, Pokemon Heroes, and Destiny Deoxys were some of my favorites. Those were so great! I got into pokemon on the dawn of the Hoenn region so I could relate better to those movies

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~
Old December 13th, 2013 (09:00 PM).

Pokemon the Movie 2000 and Mewtwo Returns tie for my favorite. Pokemon 4 Ever was good too. I never saw Mewtwo Strikes back when it was in the theater, because I got into Pokemon in 2000. Dang...missed it by that much!
Old December 16th, 2013 (07:44 AM).

Really loved Destiny Deoxys and Jirachi's Wish. Epic endings..

But not sure why Ash didn't catch them :/
Old December 16th, 2013 (08:31 AM).
ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
I honestly love all of the Pokémon movies! The Keldeo and Genesect movies seemed a bit lacking to me, but I still like them all-the-same. My all-time favorite of the movies is Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! I don't know what it is about that movie; maybe because it's centered around two Pokémon I really, really love? Maybe because it made Ash out to be the hero that he definitely is? Learning that he has similar aura to another hero that existed years ago and using it to nearly sacrifice himself to save the tree as well as the entire kingdom, I believe it was? Man, it's just such a great movie! Regice never fails to make me laugh because of how cool and ridiculous sounding it was.

I actually own this movie, and when I bought it years ago, my friend and I watched it and when we heard Regice we laughed really hard, but when its voice went deeper after Lucario attacked it, we were like, "YOOOOO!!" Ah, man, it was great. XD The last time I watched, which was like two or three years ago I think, I cried like three times, lol. It was actually on the other day, but I couldn't watch it because I had to work. :(

But yeah, favorite Pokémon movie is the Lucario movie!

(x) Tumblr
(y) Twitter
Previously Eeveon
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)