The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old November 15th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Advertise here
This hack is no longer being updated as of this post: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=130

Pokemon Fire Red 251+

An experiment with a rather large rombase I found here on PokeCommunity kind of evolved into something a little more. The goal with this hack is to enhance FireRed not necessarily in difficulty (though it's there in another form), but as an attempt to make this game feel like more recent generations in gameplay while preserving Kanto as is. I always felt the region was a little too small for a 386, so we have only the first 251 available with mostly canon appearances. As the point of this hack is to enhance FireRed itself, I’ve left the region completely unchanged. No item handouts outside of what you get, no swapping of anything outside of what is mentioned, no script changes, not even a level curve change. Here's a quick on-the-spot rundown:

-Run Indoors! With Scissors!
-New Pokemon sprites from various games. Credit goes to The DS-Style 64x64 Sprite Resource
-Diamond/Pearl font, credit goes to diegoisawesome for the patch.
-Instead of having Oak give you the National Dex from the start, I changed the hexes to enable evolutions to pokemon not on the Dex without needing the national dex. You may now play the game as normal with all the evolutions unlocked. Credit goes to Doesntknowhowtoplay and Jambo51 for finding where to do this.
-Every Mew obeys.
-BW2 Repel Routine. Thanks goes to Darathon.
-I went through every trainer, script, and sign that I possibly could with XSE and decapitalized all I possibly could. Everything, including defeat speeches and Vs. Seeker strings is decap’d.
-All Kanto Pokemon can be caught in Kanto, plus all Johto Pokemon can be caught on the Sevii Islands.
-Every wild, non-Legendary Pokemon now holds at least one item.
-Updated movesets and TMs to comply with the most used movesets in Generation 5.
-Also note: there's a way to go back up to Mt. Moon from Cerulean City.

And thanks to MrDollSteak and his Decap/Attack rombase, we have a good few things:
-The Damage Split present in any game after Gen 3.
-Decapitalization in many areas I could not reach.
-Many, many, many new moves and abilities added (no replacements) and animations to go with them
-Generation 5 movesets.
-New Items

But wait, there’s so much more!

Trade Evolution Changes:
Spoiler:
Poliwhirl to Politoed- Level 27
Kadabra- Happiness
Machoke- Happiness
Graveler- Happiness
Haunter- Happiness
Onix- Fire Stone
Seadra- Water Stone
Slowpoke to Slowbro- Water Stone
Scyther- Fire Stone
Eevee- Sun Stone to Espeon, Moon Stone to Umbreon
Porygon- Thunderstone

Non-canon Stat Changes:
Spoiler:
-Pidgeot: 100/80/75/80/75/91, can learn Counter, Body Slam, and Taunt. Meant to be more bulky as opposed to Dodrio and Fearow's attack/speed stats.
-Persian: Attack and Sp. Attack are both 80.
-Electrode: Attack and Sp. Attack are both 80.
-Previous 'mons in these lines have also had their Attack and Sp. Attack matched.
-All Gen 4 evolution stats and TM capability are added to what they evolve from, except for Porygon2, Magneton, and Rhydon.

Attack Changes:
Spoiler:
-All moves are to Gen 5's stats except for Vine Whip, Tackle, Struggle Bug, Power Gem, and Energy Ball:
-Energy Ball now has it’s Gen 6 buff to 90 power as is Struggle Bug to 50
-Vine Whip has 40 power.
-Tackle has it's Gen 1-4 power of 35, but it's Gen 5 accuracy boost is there (I felt that Tackle’s new stats didn’t make the beginning of the game feel quite right).
-Power Gem is boosted to 90, and it’s PP is now dropped to 15 (I don’t even know why the strongest special Rock move is only 70).

Ability and moveset changes:
Spoiler:
Where able, abilities from the newer games or Dream World were added. Draught and Drizzle are the only exceptions as they will not be appearing:
-I've gone through every moveset to update things a little. I took only a couple liberties, but I believe they make sense, are sane, and make a few 'Mons a little more interesting.
-All level 1 moves on fully evolved pokes are replaced with moves commonly used but can't be normally learned due to current limits such as Egg Moves and TMs.

TM Changes:
Spoiler:
-A few more Pokemon can learn Rock Slide, and all Fire-Types get Solarbeam now. There are also quite a few Pokemon who get some TMs and tutors added, as they now learn a few more moves in later games.
-You can actually get the Dive HM, a trade in the Pokemon Lab holds it. I figured another physical Water HM would be a decent thing to have before the Elite Four, where you’re still waiting for Waterfall on a few Pokemon.
-TM02 Dragon Claw (this is a good move, but the replacement is better and has more that can learn it.) is now Outrage. It follows it’s canon tutor self, with a few extras.
-TM07 Hail (It doesn't get much use from me personally, and most Pokemon I would teach Hail now learn it by level up or relearner) is now Avalanche, and this move has a bit wider amount of 'mons that can learn it, pretty much the original Hail TM plus those that could learn it through TM in Gen 4 and Lickitung. It's a sort of balance thing due to getting it so late in the game.
-TM21 Frustration (let's face it, not many use this) is now Work Up. It follows the Gen 5 TM line.
-TM32 Double Team (never found it worth a moveslot) is now Giga Impact. If it learns Hyper Beam it learns this.
-TM36 Sludge Bomb (You just get this way too late to be of any use, to the point that I already gave it to anything that can use it through relearner or level up) is now Gunk Shot. It uses a blend of the Gen V Move Tutor and Sludge Bomb TM lists.
-TM41 Torment (This is a really fun move! But in the end this hack needed some sort of Dark damaging move that a lot of non-Dark pokemon could learn. This was the best candidate due to the fact that there really isn’t very much use for this move outside of fun and the placing is already where you would need this type of move the most) is now Payback. This follows it’s machine line as if it was Generation 4.
-TM48 Skill Swap (The only time I ever found a use for this move, it was with Pokemon that have abilities not present in this hack) is now Zen Headbutt. This follows tutor lines and those that learn the move by level up, plus a couple more that make a little sense because they naturally learn Headbutt anyway.
-The Softboiled tutor teaches something different. I’m keeping this a secret, but it’s definitely something you’ll want to teach something.

Trainer Changes:
Spoiler:
-Pokemon that were edited not to explode anymore when they clearly can learn it can do it now. Watch it when doing a Nuzlocke!
-All Cooltrainers, Gym Leaders, some later Rival battles, and Elite Four are given much more variable or potent movesets, a lot of them using egg, TM, and tutor moves. I’m not General Patton or anything, but I believe they provide a much better challenge.
-I've also taken the liberty of giving a couple of Gym Leaders slight swaps in Pokemon that make sense, for example Koga uses a Venomoth while Sabrina has a Hypno instead of one. Also Blane has a few changes in his lineup, but I’m sure this makes sense.
-Rematches of the Elite Four are somewhat different now: utilizing the fact that certain Pokemon are so much better now, I've made some adjustments that make use of other pokemon of their given type. The Champion Rematch is almost completely different now as well, hopefully to make for a more fitting end to your postgame.
-Last but not least, some trade evolutions happened for later trainers so you will actually be fighting Golem every now and then.

Mart Changes
Spoiler:
-Poke Dolls are now found in Saffron City instead of Escape Ropes.
-The clerk who originally sold them now sells Sun and Moon Stones.
-Tiny Mushrooms are now sold in Three Island instead of Escape Ropes.
-Speaking of Three Island, there is now a girl right next to that mart who will sell you every Berry.

Pokemon Availability:
Spoiler:
The locations are pretty much FR+LG (minus the surfing/fishing, I had to cut these down) with a few additions to make it 251:
-The trades in the Pokemon Lab are for the Gen 1 Starters.
-Gen 2 Starter locations: Chikorita, Five Island Meadow; Totodile, Water Path; Cyndaquil, Mt. Ember wherever you can find a Slugma.
-Both Mt. Moon Fossil Pokemon can be encountered surfing at Tanoby Ruins.
-Because Altering Cave is so out of the way of the game, it now contains those Pokemon found in neither game. Outcast island has the flying and water types.
-There is also a warp to Navel Rock in Altering Cave as it's the only relevant event for this hack.

Things I wish to do, but aren’t very high on my priority list. Might happen, maybe will never happen:
Spoiler:
-Perhaps give the Metronome tutor something else to teach. Metronome is such a fun move though…
-Speaking of Tutors, something I never acted on was to change the Seismic Toss tutor to Struggle Bug, then make the Brick Break TM Seismic Toss. But that sounded pretty stupid in the end.
-Change the music. There’s some fancy stuff out there that I’d like to take advantage of, maybe HG/SS stuff would fit....
-Give postgame trainers more pokemon past #151. This is fine as is however, I just like variety.
-Adding in a store that sells every TM sounds like a good idea. If I do this, it’ll probably be Altering Cave after I make the legends events.
-TM10. I was going to change it to something gimmicky or silly, but then I realized that if multiplayer was solid enough everyone would want this. If enough need arises, I might just make this sellable in the Dept. Store.
-Dig’s gotten a little more powerful and part of me wants to change the TM for it to Bulldoze (and change the poor Dig TM guy to someone who just wants to clear his land), but I want to see how things pan out with it because of overworld usage.
-While changing the Mega Punch/Mega Kick tutors to some other duo sounds like a good idea for various reasons, it's kind of hard to find something that fits. Grass Knot/Low Kick occurred to me, but Low Kick itself doesn't really have that many things that can learn it at that point, and you already just found Bullet Seed.

A screenshot is fine too!
Spoiler:

Tools Used:
Spoiler:
Pokemon Game Editor and it's internal tools.
Unnamed Trainer Editor
Advance Map 1.92
Trader Advanced
XSE
Misc. Editor
HxD
Advance Mart
Advance Text
GBA Item Editor
Advanced Sprite Editor
Advanced Sprite Position Editor

BUGS AND NOTICES. Most notable are in bold:
Spoiler:
-Rocky Helmet, Life Orb, and Black Sludge are incomplete as of now; Life Orb boosts damage without the drawback, Rocky Helmet does nothing, and Black Sludge works like leftovers. These will be fully working soon.
-Drought, Drizzle, Sand Stream and Snow Warning bug: Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock mess with the routine for switch-in effects, causing the game to freeze. This is a rombase bug, and will be fixed ASAP.
-I did not, nor do I plan on doing, a single thing to the Hoenn 'mons. This is 251 and will stay 251. You can still hack them in yourself if you wish to have one ingame, just keep this in mind beforehand.
-That said, I also will not be adding in Gen IV or VI evolutions, or any new Pokemon.
-Options in the pokemon select menu that involve using moves on the overworld tend to be blanked out. This isn't as bad as you'd think: they still stick out as an empty space and everything else still works as normal. The Help text even still shows up. I have no fix for this.
-Trades may result in an error on Trader Advanced tools and the app will close: the trade itself is fine, this is caused by assigning trades with abilities on the expanded tables. If you wish to alter the trade, change the ability of the pokemon you're getting in the trade beforehand to any original FireRed ability, and you'll be able to access it in the tool. You can then change the ability back with no harm done.
-On that note, if you wish to edit Pokemon or Trainers yourself do not use YAPE or A-Trainer as they will not work correctly at all due to movesets being at different offsets and the expanded move tables. The suggested course of action is to use Pokemon Game Editor and Unnamed Trainer Editor, using the INI files I have included in the links.
-If a Wild Pokemon's fainting blow was with Dragon Tail or Circle Throw, it may not yield EXP.
-The level curve is indeed the same, however if you’re looking for more difficulty I didn't do anything to harm the multiplayer functions. You should be able to play against someone else by linking emulators with two copies of the same hack of the same version.
-I went through every area with XSE by hand, and fixed every ALL CAPS word I could find. Please tell me if there’s one I missed.
-There is one instance I can’t seem to fix: when the Viridian Mart clerk gives you Oak’s PARCEL.
-The upper floor of every Pokemon Center and the rooms beyond that still need some work.
-Some multichoices are capitalized rather weird, such as the Game Corner items and vending machines.

Links:
Spoiler:
If you wish to hack with this (please, I implore you… don’t use this as a base for a big project! Use MrDollSteak's patch instead.), use these INI files for Pokemon Game Editor and Unnamed Trainer Editor, they’ll enable all the data to show up: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ll...3p343in/ini.7z

IPS Patch Download:[URL=http://www.mediafire.com/download/1ccjsm4b4a6ad26/Pokemon_Fire_Red_251_.ips[/URL]
Another note: This is for FireRed v1.0

Current Version: 4.0 Release Candidate The link now goes to a fixed version which switches Caterpie's first ability back. This is essential because it causes the game to freeze.
-This is the last sprite update. Every single sprite from the first two generations has now been updated. Please let me know if altitude settings or sprite positions in general on ANY sprite feel off.
-The PokeMart in the Trainer Tower now sells every single TM.
-I Changed TM prices to compensate, I'm not letting you off that easy.
-I gave Grimer/Muk Gooey as requested. If you have one it's ability will change no matter what.
-Charmander's speed being 25 is fixed back to 65.
-Rombase is now 1.4a:
-Blizzard and Hurricane now work at 100% accuracy in Hail and Rain respectively.
-Bugfixes for various abilities
-Poison damage works properly now.
-A lot more decap
-Life Orb, Rocky Helmet, and Black Sludge are in. I've changed some items around to compensate, and they're still found the same way as the other new items (Black Sludge in particular is pretty easy to figure out, because only one new Pokemon in postgame can actually use it without hurting itself). Yes, they're still rather easy to steal. Also related to this, Unown now has a hold item.
-Some abilities have been added but you won't see them in the game, as the only purpose for some of these in this particular hack would be for mega evos. Sorry!

Last edited by Projectwolfie; June 21st, 2014 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Updated the post at the beginning.
Old November 16th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Update to 3.3a:
-TM36 is now Gunk Shot. It goes by a blend of the Gen V Move Tutor and Sludge Bomb.
-Victreebell's relearner move of Poison Jab was switched to Gunk Shot
-Octillery's Gunk Shot relearner move was changed to Sludge Bomb
-Trainers with Pokemon effected have been changed to compensate

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/?xgw8o1st0p5wk15
Old November 16th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Pryze
Moonwel ot cosidme

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Pryze
Certainly looks interesting, I've always enjoyed games like these. Definitely going to nuzlocke it soon.
Old November 18th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

I hope that you're enjoying it so far!

Here's 3.3b. I fixed a capitalization that I left hanging around when obtaining the fossils.

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/?fvtmf7ntnnx0gag
Old November 18th, 2013, 10:47 PM
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Hey this looks good! I was planning on doing something similar with the rombase eventually, but I guess I don't need to

Which version of the base are you using? 1.2?

Also if you'd be kind enough to give me some of the offsets for decapitalisation in trainer scripts that'd be great. I didn't realise I hadn't already done them.

Also I'm currently working on editing egg moves, so perhaps 1.3 or 1.4 will have Gen 5 style egg moves.
Old November 20th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

1.2 with no Fairy Type. And may I add, the patch has been very easy and helpful to work with.

As for the offsets, I did it by using Advance Map checking event by event for the most part. Because of that everything's not written down or in my head, but I do remember that Viridian Forest's trainers are around 0x1722C7 to 0x17241F if it helps.
Old November 20th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Jet Pilot
I killed Spiderman.

Nature: Bashful
Been playing it, and it's great. Good job on the hack. I'm on the 6th gym I think?

Do YOU want a spam section?
Vote for POKESpam2014.
Old November 20th, 2013, 07:36 PM
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
1.2 with no Fairy Type. And may I add, the patch has been very easy and helpful to work with.

As for the offsets, I did it by using Advance Map checking event by event for the most part. Because of that everything's not written down or in my head, but I do remember that Viridian Forest's trainers are around 0x1722C7 to 0x17241F if it helps.
Ok brilliant glad to hear that! 1.3 will be out soon so you can upgrade it then, it won't cause any problems outside of a few Pokemon's Abilities and Hoenn movesets.

Yeah no worries I wasn't sure if you went through it in a hex editor or not, but that's very helpful I'll just navigate there and look for strings.
Old November 20th, 2013, 08:42 PM
RichterSnipes
Simpleton

Nature: Modest
Did you remember to remove the Sea and Lax Incense items from the Lost Cave? Players will be able to get Azurill and Wynaut if you didn't.

Besides that, it sounds pretty interesting. Nice to see new moves being added without replacing anything.

Who says hacks have to radically changes things up from their base games?
Red doesn't necessarily think so. He's literally spinning in circles thinking of a "definitive" version of his adventure in Kanto!
Want to see what he has in mind? Click him for a throwback worth experiencing!
Old November 21st, 2013, 04:12 PM
Mcguinness3
AnimeFreak and Pokélover.

Nature: Timid
Just a note: Tinymushrooms are not sold on Three Island. The berry vendor is still there. However, on the note of the berry vendor, I recomend increasing the price of berries. 20ea means that you can buy an entire stack of any berry for less than 2k.

Other than that I've been Nuzlocking the thing and having a blast, lovely using stuff like Arcanine and it actually having decent moves. Just finished the eighth gym, and lost my lv50 starter to rival ;(. Currently training a Seadra to evolve and was wondering you you had any notes on level-up move changes, ability changes etc etc. I noticed a fair few and would love to see some documentation so I know when to evolve Pokes.

Thanks for the great hack, and keep up the good work!
Old November 21st, 2013, 06:49 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichterSnipes View Post
Did you remember to remove the Sea and Lax Incense items from the Lost Cave? Players will be able to get Azurill and Wynaut if you didn't.

Besides that, it sounds pretty interesting. Nice to see new moves being added without replacing anything.
I haven't yet, and I'm honestly rather conflicted on that idea because of Wynaut's moves. Everyone's favorite CounterCoat user is great as it is, but useful things like Encore are sitting in there. If I can think of something really big to stick in there in it's place (Brightpowder and a Choice Band?) I'll be getting rid of that.

Quote:
Just a note: Tinymushrooms are not sold on Three Island. The berry vendor is still there. However, on the note of the berry vendor, I recomend increasing the price of berries. 20ea means that you can buy an entire stack of any berry for less than 2k.
Oops! I'll see if I can't get mushrooms fixed soon, I noticed that my other Mart fixes aren't there either! Maybe I only dreamed of putting those in or something.

As for the berries, I neglected balancing them and you'll see a little bit of that in the same boat.

Quote:
Currently training a Seadra to evolve and was wondering you you had any notes on level-up move changes, ability changes etc etc. I noticed a fair few and would love to see some documentation so I know when to evolve Pokes.
As for Seadra/Kingdra: It has the original line of abilities or Sniper for the entire line. I didn't put any moveset changes between evolutions, so except for the added relearner fun (mostly your great big Dragon STAB of choice, Clear Smog, and Signal Beam), Kingdra has the same level up moves as Seadra.

The adventure of going head first without knowing anything is fun, but I can see a definite need for documented changes. I'll see if I can't write one out in the future, but only for the Pokemon themselves.

Also, I'm glad that it's actually challenging. :D

EDIT: And here is 3.3c
-Marts are actually edited now.
-Berry prices are raised. The highest you'll see is 1000 for most pinch stat raising ones, this may or may not change in later updates.

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ra..._251+_3.3c.ips

Last edited by Projectwolfie; November 21st, 2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 08:29 AM
Master_Bait
にょろーん~

Nature: Jolly
can i ask something? can this be patched over a Rom that's already patched by RichterSnipes' Pokemon FireRed Throwback patch and work perfectly? or maybe the other way around (the Throwback patch over the 251+ patch and will work perfectly?)

Last edited by Master_Bait; November 22nd, 2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
RichterSnipes
Simpleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Bait View Post
can i ask something? can this be patched over a Rom that's already patched by RichterSnipes' Pokemon FireRed Throwback patch and work perfectly? or maybe the other way around (the Throwback patch over the 251+ patch and will work perfectly?)
Both of our hacks have changes that edit wild Pokémon locations throughout the game, so patching the second of the two you choose will overwrite the location changes made by the first one. Also, if Projectwolfie's extra changes are/are to be placed in areas in the ROM that I already have added things of my own, that will interfere, too.

That's primarily if you include the wild Pokémon changes from my hack, though. Most other things shouldn't interfere, such as his move inclusions and the multitude of things in my hack. In that case, the choice is up to you.

Red doesn't necessarily think so. He's literally spinning in circles thinking of a "definitive" version of his adventure in Kanto!
Old November 22nd, 2013, 01:59 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
This is a really interesting idea.

However I cannot 100% guarantee success at all combining this with any hacks in general at this moment, much less for future versions of this hack as it progresses. This is due to things like movesets, new abilities, new attacks, and their expanded tables being located on different areas of the ROM compared to almost every hack on this subforum, and the free space used being in different areas as well. If I were to test this, I would probably patch the ROM with this before anything else except for UPS patches. This is all just speculation though, I might give this a go in the future with both configurations and tell people how it goes.

I can say with slightly more certainty (that is a little more than none) that bigger hacks which use a good bit of free space such as Generations, Ultra Violet, or Fire Red Omega wouldn't be a good idea to use with this: I'm sure there's something that would end up screwed up no matter what the order of patching would be. You're free to try though!

Also worth noting on the side of Richter's advice: I'm pretty sure any hack with changed enemy movesets would erase the ones I presented if you patched it in the way that the wild Pokemon would change from 251+. This could make things a little odd if you used a hack with no damage split.

Last edited by Projectwolfie; November 22nd, 2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 11:21 PM
Master_Bait
にょろーん~

oh, thanks guys. tried it out twice, but it just like you guys said (or maybe, the gist of it), it messed up data like movesets and such. too bad i don't have screenshots (i'm in an internet cafe right now), i wanted to show you the weird things that happened to the moves, like a self-damaging Scratch (which became a Fire-type move with 75 BP and 5 ACC), a Double Team that damages the enemy, or a Gust that can increase ATK and DEF (animation hits the enemy, but stat changes applies to the user).

well, too bad though. some of the changes in the Throwback (especially the Repel System and Trainer Facing) were begging to be included in FireRed 251+, so it was a bummer that both patches were incompatible (to a fault). ended up just using the Wardrobe patch for it.

nevertheless, both hacks are awesome, and I'm gladly looking forward for updates.
Old November 24th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

That might be because the other hack, like most patches would, writes over the added content as most hacks use the space where they reside. As for the repel system, keep an eye out because I will most likely have one on the next update... whenever that will be.

Anyway, here's 3.3d. This will be the last update for a little while unless a big bug pops up or I find the time to write up a rudimentary Pokemon list. I'm in no way done with this hack, but I do have some things in this strange concept called "real life" that I need to tend to for a little bit.

-The incense items in Lost Cave have been replaced by a Choice Band and Focus Band
-Modified one Cooltrainer.

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b9..._251+_3.3d.ips

When I get going and make a new update, it'll be a shiny and nice 3.4 with most likely the BW2 repel routine, maybe another surprise, and updates less often for those tired of patching a clean ROM fifteen thousand times!

Last edited by Projectwolfie; November 24th, 2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old November 24th, 2013, 03:19 PM
RichterSnipes
Simpleton

Quote:
well, too bad though. some of the changes in the Throwback (especially the Repel System and Trainer Facing) were begging to be included in FireRed 251+, so it was a bummer that both patches were incompatible (to a fault). ended up just using the Wardrobe patch for it.

nevertheless, both hacks are awesome, and I'm gladly looking forward for updates.
The Repel System and Trainer Facing fix aren't my work, they're available on the site for anyone to use in hacks. You can add them to this hack yourself after patching your ROM if you'd like.

If projectwolfie includes them in his hack, which it looks like he will now, you'll still need to be wary about where the data is placed. We won't have everything in the same area, you know. The only way things would work out is if the two of us were to collaborate with one another on our projects to make sure everything works between the two hacks if used together. In fact, look at almost any other pair of projects on this site and you'll see that they can't be used together. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is with hacks.

Old November 24th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Master_Bait
にょろーん~

Whoa. Can't wait for 3.4!
Spoiler:
Err, am I pushing you guys or something? If I am, my apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichterSnipes View Post
The Repel System and Trainer Facing fix aren't my work, they're available on the site for anyone to use in hacks. You can add them to this hack yourself after patching your ROM if you'd like.

If projectwolfie includes them in his hack, which it looks like he will now, you'll still need to be wary about where the data is placed. We won't have everything in the same area, you know. The only way things would work out is if the two of us were to collaborate with one another on our projects to make sure everything works between the two hacks if used together. In fact, look at almost any other pair of projects on this site and you'll see that they can't be used together. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is with hacks.
Yeah, should've realized that earlier. I originally thought that the problems were in the emulator, instead of the ROM itself. I am still a greenhorn when it comes to ROM hacking after all, so I guess I need to read up about these, and to avoid further problems. What's more, maybe I can even make one of my own. With Moemon.
Old November 27th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Spoiler:
Perish the thought, Master. You weren't at all.

Alright I lied, one more reeeeeally quick patch before 3.4.

3.3 Final:
-Fixed the rocket on Nugget Bridge giving you a NUGGET.
-Gave a few of the Cooltrainers altered teams. It's mostly for variety's sake when it comes to Cooltrainers that have the same evolution lines (there sure are a lot of them).
-Switched Hex and Shadow Ball on the Gastly line. 33 was way too soon to learn one of Gengar's best moves. Agatha and other trainers this changed concerns were not changed because the TM still exists.
-Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, and Hitmontop now can learn Hyper Beam and Giga Impact.
-Tms in general have been brought up to Gen V standards. A few more Pokemon now learn Brick Break, Taunt, Light Screen, Safeguard, Reflect, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Shock Wave, Sandstorm, Rock Tomb, Aerial Ace, Overheat, Fly, Strength, Flash, Rock Smash, and Thief that should.

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2p..._3.3_Final.ips

Coming on 3.4 when I have time:
-Trainer Facing Fix and the BW2 Repel Routine implemented. I'm working on this as hard as I can, but they're maybe not happening in 3.4. Sorry everyone.
-Pokemon data list!
-Some new sprites.
-Fixes where I find them.
-Probably some trainers modified in the name of the new TM modifications. I already have one done that way in 3.3.
-At least one TM is changed completely.
-Magic Coat is updated with Gen V's reflections.
-The rombase will be 1.3a, expect loads of ability changes because of this, and some moveset changes. Stealth Rock Toxic Spikes, and the Charmander line's actual second ability are now a reality for one thing. I may also be doing something fun with the Legendary Birds now that some new abilities came in. It's definitely not canon, but the Pokedex entries mention these to it so I don't think I'm overstepping my boundaries too far here.
-1.3a won't have the D/P font anymore, I'm contemplating on using diegoisawesome's patch.

Last edited by Projectwolfie; December 11th, 2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old December 9th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Jet Pilot
I killed Spiderman.

Nature: Bashful
I'm not sure how Dragon Tail works when KO'ing a wild pokemon, but I'd assume it would give XP. It doesn't though, it just knocks it away at 0hp. This is a fun hack to play, looking forward to future updates.

Do YOU want a spam section?
Vote for POKESpam2014.
Old December 9th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Kakarot1212
Awesome as always...

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
If you wish to hack with this (please, I implore you… don’t use this as a base for a big project! Use 11bayerf1’s patch instead), use these INI files for Pokemon Game Editor and Unnamed Trainer Editor, they’ll enable all the data to show up: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ra..._251+_3.3c.ips
What/where are the INI's files your talking about in here

楓 弘詩
“ Programs must be written for people
to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute. ”
Pair Pair | Facebook | Showdown | PHO | Twitter
| The Prediction Game |
Old December 10th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu369 View Post
What/where are the INI's files your talking about in here
Oops I accidentally the link. Here it is, and I shall update the OP. Sorry about that: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ll...3p343in/ini.7z

As for Dragon Tail: I'll note that under bugs and notices. I'm truthfully not 100% sure if it even can be fixed at the moment but I'll work on it. In the meantime, Circle Throw most likely does the exact same thing because they have the same effect.

One question though, does it end as if the battle was ended with Whirlwind or Roar?

Last edited by Projectwolfie; December 10th, 2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old December 11th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

3.4 is out!
Here's the deal: The new repel system and the trainer facing fix are still undergoing testing. Since I'd rather a fully working release to hear about the changes already made without these, I've left these out. You'll see them on a later release.

I'll have a sheet with every Pokemon, it's ability, it's stats, and learned moves by level rolled out in a few days.

There are already a ton of changes made on 3.4, so I decided to go ahead and roll it out:
-What else would make this awesome? How about some new Pokemon sprites? I modified the altitude on a lot of the flying Pokes, so tell me if things look a little odd. There shouldn't be any general positioning problems with the sprites, but then again I did auto-position them all...
-The trades involving Nidorans are changed to get Venonat and Grimer early (Male for Venonat, Female for Grimer). Not much, but at least these trades are useful again. Also if a Pokemon has a new ability, the trade will give the Pokemon to you with that ability (Mr. Mime has Filter, all the starter trades in the lab come with their 2nd ability including Charmander's Solar Power, etc.)
-TM02 is now Outrage instead of Dragon Pulse, and it follows the Move Tutor plus a couple surprise others. This is because the things that can take advantage of Dragon Pulse should already either have access to it, will know it soon, or know something better.

There are many many moveset changes. The most notable:

-Stealth Rock: Geodude line learns it instead of Sandstorm, Onix learns it instead of Sand Tomb, Corsola and Omanyte/Omastar learn it instead of Rock Blast, Sharmory learns it instead of Slash, Magcargo, Forettress, Donphan, and Piloswine now learn it in the relearner.
-Toxic Spikes: Nidoran female and Nidorina learn this as their final move, Tentacool/Tentacruel learn it instead of Knock Off (and Tentacruel learns Knock Off via relearner), Omastar learns it alongside Spikes, Qwilifish learns Spikes and Toxic Spikes at the same time (more on that lower down)
Healing Wish/Lunar Dance were pretty much given to the Pokemon that actually learn it in-game.
-Rattata and Raticate have had Flame Wheel and Crunch switched.
-Because Light Ball is effectively dummied out, Pikachu cannot learn Volt Tackle. I fixed this by putting it on Raichu's relearner moves and by replacing Fake Out on Pikachu with Volt Switch.
-Arcanine now learns Dragon Pulse through relearner instead of Thunder Fang.
-Octillery line learns Flash Cannon through relearner, because I accidently put Acid Spray both on level up and relearner slots. Worth noting that this means it learns a move of every type except for Dragon, Flying, and Fighting.
-Aerodactyl now can learn better Rock STAB earlier (deleted Ancientpower for Rock Slide, the original Rock Slide is now replaced with Stone Edge for those who stuck with Pressure.)
-Dragonite now learns Draco Meteor instead of Hyper Beam.
-Sunkern and Sunflora's sets are now a tiny bit different.
-Forretress has Mirror Shot and Iron Head switched.
-Qwilfish learns Water Gun in place of Spikes, Aqua Jet in the original place of Water Gun, and Spikes/Toxic Spikes in place of Stockpile/Spit Up.
-Girafarig now learns Horn Leech instead of Zen Headbutt, because Zen Headbutt is a TM now and something with Girafarig's stats learning it after Psychic is silly.
-Weather abilities are actually present now, as the second abilities of the Legendary Birds: Articuno gets Snow Warning, Zapdos gets Drizzle, and Moltres gets Draught. I don't think I'm quite overstepping my boundaries here honestly: the Pokedex seems to say that the birds can all cause weather to happen. Putting them on Legends seemed very fitting as well because the abilities are so strong.

-Tyranitar can be tutored Swords Dance again. Oops.
-Girafarig now can learn Hyper Beam and Giga Impact.
-Changed some trainers to reflect alterations. This also fixes Lance's Gyarados knowing Dragon Rage, his Aerodactyl in rematches knowing Head Smash too early, and a Champion rematch battle Gyarados knowing Hyper Beam for some reason.
-Magic Coat can now reflect Disable, Teeter Dance, Roar, Taunt, and Torment.

Changes by updating the new MrDollSteak's rombase to 1.3a:

The following abilities have been added. For the most part these have been given to the Pokemon that normally have them in-game:
Spoiler:
Adaptability
Big Pecks
Magic Bounce
Reckless
Sheer Force
Iron Fist
Rivalry
Sand Force
Solar Power
Heatproof
Dry Skin
Tinted Lens
Solid Rock
Filter
Mold Breaker
Download
Poison Heal
Ice Body
Moody
Hydration
Healer
Snow Cloak
Tangled Feet
Snow Warning
Quick Feet
Sap Sipper

The following attacks have been added:
Spoiler:
Stealth Rock
Toxic Spikes
Healing Wish
Lunar Dance

As far as the attacks go, I'm not planning on any of those being on a TM.

-More decapitalization
-Hoenn Pokemon do have new movesets, however I will not be editing anything for them. Therefore if you wish to hack them in, beware of TM or Tutor hiccups (or evolution requirements in the case of Clamperl or Feebas) if you don't visit Pokemon Game Editior first!

If any regressions take place, please yell at me. I believe that I have them all covered.

New credits:
The DS-Style 64x64 Sprite Resource- New Sprites
Diegoisawesome- Diamond/Pearl font patch

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ea...d_251__3.4.ips

Last edited by Projectwolfie; December 11th, 2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old December 13th, 2013, 04:00 PM
The Shiny Ho-Oh
Golden Bird

Nature: Bold
I don't know what you mean "Repel system is still in testing". I went through the thread and implemented it (though, it's not really easy, but it's worth it), and I have it working completely fine. If you want, you can message me and I can give you an ips patch to put it in the game.

EDIT: I found a glitch. Solar Power doesn't stay when evolving Charmander.

Last edited by The Shiny Ho-Oh; December 13th, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old December 13th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shiny Ho-Oh View Post
I don't know what you mean "Repel system is still in testing". I went through the thread and implemented it (though, it's not really easy, but it's worth it), and I have it working completely fine. If you want, you can message me and I can give you an ips patch to put it in the game.
Oh sorry, I meant I'm testing my own attempts. Learning how it works, etc. One of my own main personal objectives is basically doing that with scripts I've never done before. I appreciate the offer, really. But I'd rather learn the hard way while I get opinions and reports on the other things I put in. XD

...like solar power. I may have accidentally made an oversight. I'm looking into it now.

EDIT: Hum. No I definitely see that Solar Power is firmly on the same slot of every pokemon in the Charmander line... did it go back to Blaze or another ability after evolving? Was it the starter Charmander or a trade?

Last edited by Projectwolfie; December 13th, 2013 at 07:44 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here