Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red 251+

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old December 13th, 2013 (07:33 PM).
Golden Bird

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by Projectwolfie:
Oh sorry, I meant I'm testing my own attempts. Learning how it works, etc. One of my own main personal objectives is basically doing that with scripts I've never done before. I appreciate the offer, really. But I'd rather learn the hard way while I get opinions and reports on the other things I put in. XD

...like solar power. I may have accidentally made an oversight. I'm looking into it now.
Alright, that's fine. I really love your work on this, and it has made me start playing Fire Red again (surprising, considering I was playing X and Y so hard.)

I have a few suggestions for features if you'd like, mostly coming from my playthrough of X and Y and things I've simply adored in that game.
Old December 14th, 2013 (06:46 PM).
I play for keeps!

Quote originally posted by The Shiny Ho-Oh:
Alright, that's fine. I really love your work on this, and it has made me start playing Fire Red again (surprising, considering I was playing X and Y so hard.)

I have a few suggestions for features if you'd like, mostly coming from my playthrough of X and Y and things I've simply adored in that game.
I'm glad to hear it, that to me speaks this has been successful!

Go ahead and shoot. I'm open to suggestions! :D
Old December 14th, 2013 (10:23 PM).
Golden Bird

I'm glad to hear it, that to me speaks this has been successful!

Go ahead and shoot. I'm open to suggestions! :D
I'm just going to copy and paste this from a reddit thread I made the suggestions in.

An IV checker NPC, like the one in Kiloude City, but maybe a bit more specific about what the IVs are. I know this one is possible because there was a thread about this a while ago on here.

"Port" the Destiny Knot so we can use the X and Y format of breeding. Passing down 5 of the parent's IVs is something I've grown quite fond of.

Trainers that you can speak to, and if you select "Yes", you can battle them. Each of them would have Pokemon that raise a specific EV. Mix this with Pokerus and the Macho Brace, you would cap EVs in no time. It would also be nice for them to have scale-able levels. Maybe a conversation that went as such: Would you like to battle? [yes, no] What level would you like? [10, 25, 50, 75, 100]
Possibly the Power Items, as well. It'd be nice to be able to EV train as fast as X and Y, but without hordes, that's obviously not going to happen.

Along with the IV checker idea, maybe an EV checker who tells you how many EVs you have in each stat.

X and Y's experience share. The one where the main Pokemon doesn't lose any experience, but all the rest of the Pokemon get a percentage. Also, maybe the BW2 experience system.

Keep TMs after use, like all the newer games.

De-Implement poison damage outside of battle. It's just annoying and unnecessary.
Old December 15th, 2013 (09:06 AM).

Nature: Modest
Poison damage outside battle is the differentiating factor between burn and poison for me... As for suggestion, Day and Night/Seasons will work well in this, and changing battle scene background will make the battle more beautiful..

Add some daily event like a cafe where you can battle a set of changing trainers everyday like in Flora Sky

GYM Leader Rematch with different GYM everyday.. Like sunday for erika, monday for brock, etc...

Pokemon Glazed,Pokemon Dark Violet, Pokemon Flora Sky, Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series

Waiting For: PLATINUM RED & BLUE, Pokemon Version 6, GAIA, LIFE
Old December 15th, 2013 (05:24 PM).
Golden Bird

Quote originally posted by chaos_envoys:
Poison damage outside battle is the differentiating factor between burn and poison for me...
Burns also half your attack. In Gen 4, poison was made so that it can only get you down to 1 health out of battle, and in gen 5 it was completely removed. The reason for that is that it's really annoying, and simply unnecessary. I don't want to have to turn around mid-cave because a Pokemon decided to use poison sting.
Old December 15th, 2013 (06:51 PM). Edited December 15th, 2013 by Projectwolfie.
I play for keeps!

I'm just going to copy and paste this from a reddit thread I made the suggestions in.

An IV checker NPC, like the one in Kiloude City, but maybe a bit more specific about what the IVs are. I know this one is possible because there was a thread about this a while ago on here.

"Port" the Destiny Knot so we can use the X and Y format of breeding. Passing down 5 of the parent's IVs is something I've grown quite fond of.

Trainers that you can speak to, and if you select "Yes", you can battle them. Each of them would have Pokemon that raise a specific EV. Mix this with Pokerus and the Macho Brace, you would cap EVs in no time. It would also be nice for them to have scale-able levels. Maybe a conversation that went as such: Would you like to battle? [yes, no] What level would you like? [10, 25, 50, 75, 100]
Possibly the Power Items, as well. It'd be nice to be able to EV train as fast as X and Y, but without hordes, that's obviously not going to happen.

Along with the IV checker idea, maybe an EV checker who tells you how many EVs you have in each stat.

X and Y's experience share. The one where the main Pokemon doesn't lose any experience, but all the rest of the Pokemon get a percentage. Also, maybe the BW2 experience system.

Keep TMs after use, like all the newer games.

De-Implement poison damage outside of battle. It's just annoying and unnecessary.
Most of these are good (especially the TM thing, this would rule out the need for another TM Store quite handily though I've read nothing about how to do it), but I hold no promises currently. EV/IV checkers are neat ideas, and EV trainers done like you say would be pretty fun to use, especially for postgame or something.

I personally found the BW2 experience system annoying, but the X/Y EXP share could counteract that (if it's possible). Poison Damage is something I'm keeping in though. I felt this nerf to the status made things less annoying, but also maybe too easy for some players to be honest. This was actually one reason why I limited Toxic Spikes a bit so that you most likely wouldn't encounter a wild with it outside of the Tentacool line and Qwilfish.

I was thinking of however, giving many more Pokemon sealable items since you run into Covet and Thief so early. Mostly to fill the holes of items still missing, but I would scatter some basic berries around early game including Pecha Berries. These could possibly make an alright compromise?

Quote:
Poison damage outside battle is the differentiating factor between burn and poison for me... As for suggestion, Day and Night/Seasons will work well in this, and changing battle scene background will make the battle more beautiful..

Add some daily event like a cafe where you can battle a set of changing trainers everyday like in Flora Sky

GYM Leader Rematch with different GYM everyday.. Like sunday for erika, monday for brock, etc...
Your ideas definitely put up an argument for Day/Night/Day of the week/Seasons, but the darkening of the screen for FR/LG at around night can be honestly unnecessarily annoying to my eyes personally. Also outside of what you've mentioned, there wouldn't be any other things influenced if I put them in. Especially since I would be on the fence when it comes to restoring Espeon/Umbreon's evolution.

I'll think about this. I want to focus on everything else beforehand though. Gym Leader rematches are a neat idea however, and I might put them somewhere either way.
Old December 15th, 2013 (07:43 PM). Edited December 15th, 2013 by The Shiny Ho-Oh.
Golden Bird

So, uh. Game breaking glitch. Shiny Pokemon freeze the game right when the battle starts. EDIT: It appears this is from MrDollSteak's patch. I reported it to him.

EDIT: Hum. No I definitely see that Solar Power is firmly on the same slot of every pokemon in the Charmander line... did it go back to Blaze or another ability after evolving? Was it the starter Charmander or a trade?
I didn't see your edit. It is my starter, it just didn't pass on to Charmeleon or Charizard after evolving.
Old December 15th, 2013 (11:01 PM).
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

So, uh. Game breaking glitch. Shiny Pokemon freeze the game right when the battle starts. EDIT: It appears this is from MrDollSteak's patch. I reported it to him.

I didn't see your edit. It is my starter, it just didn't pass on to Charmeleon or Charizard after evolving.
This glitch is now fixed, thanks for spotting that!
If you update to 1.3b, the glitch is gone.
Old December 16th, 2013 (06:56 AM). Edited December 16th, 2013 by Projectwolfie.
I play for keeps!

Thanks MrDollSteak, will do. By the way everyone, this also includes more abilities like Magic Guard so keep an eye out for this update. Also sound moves will go through substitutes after the update thanks to the rombase upgrade.

Quote:
Thanks for the information as that narrows it down a bit. This is odd, as when I had Flame Body on the Charmander line it had worked just fine.
Old December 16th, 2013 (07:39 AM).
Golden Bird

Thanks MrDollSteak, will do. By the way everyone, this also includes more abilities like Magic Guard so keep an eye out for this update. Also sound moves will go through substitutes after the update thanks to the rombase upgrade.

Thanks for the information as that narrows it down a bit. This is odd, as when I had Flame Body on the Charmander line it had worked just fine.
Yeah, I had that version and it did work. It's a bit odd. By the way, I found some cool information you can use for IV/EV checkers, implementing Flame Body/Magma Armor field effects (I messaged MrDollSteak about putting this in his base, however, so maybe not), etc. that you might want to see:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5765300&postcount=16

I put in the Flame Body and Magma Armor field effect in my rom that uses this, along with Day and Night, and the Black and White 2 repel system, and everything seems to be working great.
Old December 16th, 2013 (08:31 AM).
I play for keeps!

Thanks for this, I'll definitely be looking in and trying this out. :D

Anywho, a quick 3.4a:
-Updated the rombase to 1.3b, which fixes a bug with Shinies freezing the game. This also adds in:
-Sound moves now hit past substitutes
-Magic Guard has been added to the Clefairy line, the Abra line's abilities are now Synchronize and Magic Guard.
-Overcoat, Bulletproof, and Gale Wings are added, but I have found no use for them (yet).
-Tailwind is now added: Pidgeot learns this instead of Agility (Pidgey and Pidgeotto still learn Agility so it's basically another relearner move), Butterfree learns this instead of Roost (It's Butterfree, did it ever actually stand a hit even with Prankster Roost?), Fearow learns it in relearner instead of Featherdance, Articuno learns this instead of Agility, and Xatu learns this at Roost's place with Roost being in place of Refresh for both Natu and Xatu.

-Charmander and Charmeleon have Flame Body as their second ability, but Solar Power is still on Charizard. Hopefully for now this will help keep the ability problem at bay while I find the source of it.

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2uox9i7omfh6tau/Pokemon_Fire_Red_251__3.4a.ips
Old December 16th, 2013 (08:55 AM). Edited December 16th, 2013 by The Shiny Ho-Oh.
Golden Bird

Thanks for this, I'll definitely be looking in and trying this out. :D
MrDollSteak just replied, it looks like he is implementing the Flame Body and Magma Armor out-of-battle effects into his patch, so there's no need for you to do that part, but the sub-routine at 0x3FBE8 should be studied hard, as it seems like it could be a powerful asset for MANY possible features.

EDIT: Oh, another thing I remembered. Go check out Brock. For some reason, he only has one Pokemon (Geodude), and no money. A bit inconvenient Oh, and also, for some reason, his name is Brock___________ (where _ is a space).

EDIT 2: Went and tested Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard for you. Works correctly, Flame Body->Flame Body->Solar Power.
Old December 17th, 2013 (06:50 AM).
Resident Programmer

Nature: Naughty
By the way, what do you ment by "dont hack with this" thing?
Do you mean, if someone hacks with this, it will make a lot of trouble? In what way?
Old December 17th, 2013 (06:52 AM).
ふゆかい

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Amaterasu369:
By the way, what do you ment by "dont hack with this" thing?
Do you mean, if someone hacks with this, it will make a lot of trouble? In what way?
Hacking privacy? No one can hack a hacked game by others that you don't own.
But I guess it can be avoided by locking up the rom.
Old December 17th, 2013 (07:05 AM).
Resident Programmer

Quote originally posted by Saturnus:
Hacking privacy? No one can hack a hacked game by others that you don't own.
But I guess it can be avoided by locking up the rom.
Huh? You dont get what i mean budd. What i mean is that, this is a rom base,right? So that means you can use this as a base for your hack, like MrDollSteak's decap and attack ROM base. So now i'm asking why we can't. As he stated on his post. Right here :

If you wish to hack with this (please, I
implore you… don’t use this as a base
for a big project! Use MrDollSteak's
patch instead).
Old December 17th, 2013 (07:13 AM). Edited December 19th, 2013 by Sniper.
ふゆかい

Nature: Quiet
Huh? You dont get what i mean budd. What i mean is that, this is a rom base,right? So that means you can use this as a base for your hack, like MrDollSteak's decap and attack ROM base. So now i'm asking why we can't. As he stated on his post. Right here :
Exactly, he doesn't want his rom basehack to be shared from one hack to another.
Old December 17th, 2013 (07:51 AM).
Resident Programmer

Quote originally posted by Saturnus:
Exactly, he doesn't want his rom base to be shared from one hack to another.
Whaaat? You don't get it buddy. That is what ROM base are for! Haiyts..
I guess i'll wait for him to answer up.
Old December 17th, 2013 (08:31 AM).
some loser

Quote:
I'm not sure what it is you're failing to understand here, but this isn't a rombase. It's an upfront hack meant to be played. If you want to make a hack like it, use MrDollSteak's project (which can be found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7814321&postcount=252) as a base, not this. While you technically could use this hack as a base instead, it would be very impolite since, as you pointed out, the dev explicitly doesn't want it to be used as one.

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split
Old December 17th, 2013 (08:38 AM).
Resident Programmer

Then why would he even bother telling "If you wish to hack with this (please, I
for a big project" thing, if thats the case?

Allrighty i'm just trying to clarrify
Old December 17th, 2013 (01:46 PM).
Golden Bird

Then why would he even bother telling "If you wish to hack with this (please, I
for a big project" thing, if thats the case?

Allrighty i'm just trying to clarrify
Because he doesn't want you to? He's telling you because if he didn't, and someone used it, he wouldn't have anything to say back considering he didn't tell anyone not to. That's how it generally works.
Old December 18th, 2013 (10:11 AM). Edited December 18th, 2013 by Projectwolfie.
I play for keeps!

Thanks for that report, I had fixed Brock way before but I guess updating things regressed that. On the topic of abilities, does anyone know if a similar case happens on similar ability cases like say... if Tangled Feet Pidgey evolved and the ability turns into Keen Eye?

As for the "why did you throw in the INIs and encourage hacking, then say please don't use this as a base?"
If you'd take a look into the actual rombase I used (which actually has things I didn't include like an actual Fairy Type by the way, it's in the Hacking Resources thread) and actually read the purpose of the hack, you would see why this isn't a base and how different they are. This hack is not intended to be a rombase, or I would've thrown it into the Hacking Resources thread. There will be more differences in time as well, I do have some things planned. I merely threw in the INIs for those who wanted to customize their experience: add in a different starter for nuzlocke purposes, modify the rivals, etc. (basically things that people want to do with most other hacks though this one requires the INI files and proper tools to do so), and to counter a question that would be popped eventually right along with it.

I guess you could say I'd rather someone didn't use this and they would use the rombase I used instead as more potential can come from it than by using my own as a base. I guess I couldn't stop anyone, but they would be shooting themselves in the foot in one way or another.

3.4b:
I wanted this to be released alongside a data list, but I have been making rather merry lately. I wanted one last release of fixes and such to be out before Christmas. On that note, a Happy Holidays to everyone and I hope Santa Delibird didn't bring you a Hard Stone!

-Fixed a regression in Brock's name being spaced improperly.
-New sprites for Pineco, Forretress, Dunsparce, and Gligar. Thanks again to The DS-Style 64x64 Sprite Resource.
-While I was fixing sprite positions, I made Geodude no longer float (what was Game Freak thinking again?)
-ThunderStone now has no space like the badge names. This fixes a text bug in the Dept. Store's Wiseman Gifts.
-Decap'd the rest of the Tea event. I thought I did that all at once before, apologies!
-Did not fix a text bug with the Game Freak staff room computers on purpose (I thought this was actually funny because of the computer directly next to it).
-Elekid/Electabuzz now learn Charge Beam instead of Shock Wave. This actually makes more sense anyway.

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y2gizk30r1tbuv2/Pokemon_Fire_Red_251__3.4b.ips
Old December 18th, 2013 (03:25 PM).
Golden Bird

It wasn't only that, though, it was the fact that he was missing his Onix, and rewarded 0 Pokedollars.
Old December 19th, 2013 (07:44 AM).

And when i used "bait" in Safari Zone, game restarts
Old December 19th, 2013 (07:51 AM).
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote originally posted by Drewko:
And when i used "bait" in Safari Zone, game restarts
Hrm thanks for finding that. That seems to be a glitch in my rombase.
Now to have the fun of trying to find the problem and fix it.
Old December 19th, 2013 (06:07 PM). Edited December 21st, 2013 by Projectwolfie.
I play for keeps!

Thanks for that. In the meantime, I'll add that to the bug list.

EDIT: Quick note to everyone, I'll be fixing another issue with Brock in the next update. Apparently he regressed further than just the name change. Thanks for your patience.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)