Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red 251+

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old December 28th, 2013 (02:44 AM).

is this un-yape-able? i try putting it in to yape but it reads "error reading base stats."
Old December 28th, 2013 (09:10 AM). Edited December 28th, 2013 by Projectwolfie.
I play for keeps!

I've already mentioned this before in the OP (bugs and notices contains other useful tool information as well), but don't use YAPE with this because it won't work. This is because of most movesets all being in different offsets and the expanded tables won't show up.

You're going to want to use Pokemon Game Editor's Pokemon Editior, using the downloaded INI files found in the links. It's really the only editor out there right now that can handle this one, sorry!
Old December 28th, 2013 (04:55 PM).

thanks for responding. also, when i try to edit it there are a bunch of symbols jumbled with the names of abilities and pokemon. is that supposed to happen?
Old December 29th, 2013 (05:55 PM).
I play for keeps!

I've actually never seen this happen personally. What tools are you using to come to this result and how?
Old December 29th, 2013 (07:06 PM).

i'm using gamer2020's pokemon game editor. i bring and extract your ini file to the ini folder in the game editor's folder, open the editor and load the 251 rom. i go to internal programs and click pokemon editor. bulbasaur's name shows up as like B¥hFFFFE9E0ba¥h - same with the other pokemon and abilties and such
Old December 29th, 2013 (07:18 PM).
I play for keeps!

Hmm... take out the TrainerEditor.ini. It shouldn't be in PGE's ini folder anyway and is for Unnamed Trainer Editor.

If this doesn't help, try patching another ROM. Does the one you're using work in an emulator at this point? You may have patched the wrong version of FireRed.
Old December 29th, 2013 (10:25 PM).

i took out the trainereditor.ini, left only the roms.ini in the ini folder and it still continues. yes, the one im using also works in the emulator.
Old January 2nd, 2014 (07:00 PM). Edited January 2nd, 2014 by Projectwolfie.
I play for keeps!

Hmmm... I got nothing. I wonder if anyone else has this problem looking through it with tools?

3.4c:
-Fixed Brock for real.
-Adjusted the sprite position of Haunter to be a little higher.
-Snorlax's Seed Bomb and Wild Charge are switched.
-Clefairy now learns Grass Knot instead of Safeguard, and Clefable learns Hyper Voice through relearner.
-Doduo/Dodrio, Ponyta/Rapidash, and Stantler can now learn from the Mega Kick tutor.
-TM47 is now Flash Cannon.

Flash Cannon is one of the more radically altered of all the TM changes because of just how small of a set from the first 251 actually learn it: aside from the original TM learnset, electric types and a few learners of Flash (no, not all of Flash) that can benefit from another type of special move and can use this plausibly can be taught this. It's weird, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not breaking any Pokemon at all by giving them a Steel-Type attack.

-All of the new TM descriptions were repointed to different offsets. This fixes any description text bugs that may or may not have happened.
-Decapitalized an instance of COIN CASE in the Game Corner's prize room.

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vi55abvd99du76a/Pokemon_Fire_Red_251__3.4c.ips

Next update if a quick hotfix isn't needed before it: Pokemon List. I've been putting this off for too long, and since I think I've done the last of the TM changes the time sounds good as can be. I'll even have the whole deal a little more organized, with everything in a nice zip archive. How cool is that?
Old January 3rd, 2014 (11:54 AM).

alright, thank you for trying. :]
Old January 6th, 2014 (11:53 AM).

Hi, I don't know if this is just me but...

I'm stuck on the second round of E4; when I go to fight Gary, every time he pulls out his Tyranitar, the game freezes once Sand Stream activates. I'm relatively certain this is a bug.
Old January 8th, 2014 (10:21 AM). Edited January 8th, 2014 by Projectwolfie.
I play for keeps!

Thanks for pointing this out! Have you used a Tyranitar yet? I want to figure out if it's the ability itself or Gary. I'll be testing this myself in the meantime, and see which it is.

EDIT: Sand Stream and Tyranitar themselves look perfectly fine. I'll be looking into Gary I guess. If all else fails I'll be giving him something other than Tyranitar to cover up the problem until I figure out what's up (I may just do this anyway using this as an excuse: Gary really doesn't have that much to abuse Sand Stream with once you think about it. Perhaps it would be beneficial in general to give him another powerhouse equal to it).

What Pokemon did you pick as a starter? It's essential to figure out what battle I need to look at. Also, were any other abilities active when Sand Stream activated (like for instance, other weather abilities)?
Old January 9th, 2014 (03:42 PM).

Quote originally posted by Projectwolfie:
Thanks for pointing this out! Have you used a Tyranitar yet? I want to figure out if it's the ability itself or Gary. I'll be testing this myself in the meantime, and see which it is.

EDIT: Sand Stream and Tyranitar themselves look perfectly fine. I'll be looking into Gary I guess. If all else fails I'll be giving him something other than Tyranitar to cover up the problem until I figure out what's up (I may just do this anyway using this as an excuse: Gary really doesn't have that much to abuse Sand Stream with once you think about it. Perhaps it would be beneficial in general to give him another powerhouse equal to it).

What Pokemon did you pick as a starter? It's essential to figure out what battle I need to look at. Also, were any other abilities active when Sand Stream activated (like for instance, other weather abilities)?
Hi, sorry for the late response

I picked Charmander for my starter. And no other weather abilities were active; I had no problems with any of the legendary birds and their new weather effects.

There's not much room for anything to affect the battle that way. I only use attacking attacks and calm mind/sword dance atm and none of my pokemon have any weather effects and netiher do Gary's (before the Tyranitar). I fainted everyone else before they make any altering moves (like sandstorm) so... I really have no clue what might be causing it from my point.
Old January 11th, 2014 (01:05 AM).
Nintendo is for awesome people

Since the champion rematch freezes when Sand Stream activates, why don't you give Tyranitar another ability?

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old January 11th, 2014 (01:58 AM).
Awesome Dragon
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
I like this a lot will definitely try doing a Nuzlocke.
Old January 11th, 2014 (06:58 AM). Edited January 11th, 2014 by Projectwolfie.
I play for keeps!

Quote originally posted by classiccartoonsftw:
Since the champion rematch freezes when Sand Stream activates, why don't you give Tyranitar another ability?
I did actually come a little too quickly to this decision didn't I? XD

As as I said before, both Sand Stream and Tyranitar work fine. I've tested both separately and together in different scenarios. The problem is isolated to specifically Gary's Tyranitar, and... honestly? It's place in the team kind of sucks because there's nothing to use around it. Also Unnerve doesn't exist in this hack, and making his Tyranitar the only magical one with something else would be really silly. So I figured it would actually benefit the entire rematch champion by straight being changed. Which then turned into something a little more.

3.4d
Rather than let this be nothing but a hotfix, I decided to spice up the strongest trainer in the game a little. Hopefully I didn't nerf him in the process (especially for the Squirtle choosers), if someone feels like I treated him with kid gloves or did something completely wrong tell me.
-New sprites for Wooper, Quagsire, Snubbul, Granbull, and Qwilfish.
-Yet another decap on Daisy. The LAB will never be the same!
-Changed a lot of Gary's rematch team. Originally to fix a bug in the rematch, for the sake of surprises (and the fact that I feel Gary's rematch team in general still felt a little tacked-on by Game Freak) now the only Pokemon that is the same as in the vanilla rematch is Heracross. Though it does still go by a similar pattern to the original and is still fair, this may actually throw you for a loop just a little.

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pgsuuawjaqc1gwg/Pokemon_Fire_Red_251__3.4d.ips
Old January 12th, 2014 (06:28 PM).
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

I did actually come a little too quickly to this decision didn't I? XD

As as I said before, both Sand Stream and Tyranitar work fine. I've tested both separately and together in different scenarios. The problem is isolated to specifically Gary's Tyranitar, and... honestly? It's place in the team kind of sucks because there's nothing to use around it. Also Unnerve doesn't exist in this hack, and making his Tyranitar the only magical one with something else would be really silly. So I figured it would actually benefit the entire rematch champion by straight being changed. Which then turned into something a little more.

3.4d
Rather than let this be nothing but a hotfix, I decided to spice up the strongest trainer in the game a little. Hopefully I didn't nerf him in the process (especially for the Squirtle choosers), if someone feels like I treated him with kid gloves or did something completely wrong tell me.
-New sprites for Wooper, Quagsire, Snubbul, Granbull, and Qwilfish.
-Yet another decap on Daisy. The LAB will never be the same!
-Changed a lot of Gary's rematch team. Originally to fix a bug in the rematch, for the sake of surprises (and the fact that I feel Gary's rematch team in general still felt a little tacked-on by Game Freak) now the only Pokemon that is the same as in the vanilla rematch is Heracross. Though it does still go by a similar pattern to the original and is still fair, this may actually throw you for a loop just a little.

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pgsuuawjaqc1gwg/Pokemon_Fire_Red_251__3.4d.ips
Hey Wolfie, could you send me a list of all the things you decapitalised?
This´ll be really helpful for my rombase.

PS. I´ve fixed the Safari Zone Bait Bug, it was a similar issue to the Shinies.
The extended particle table messed with the bait. Why Bait´s´particle loading
is handled completely differently to the rocks, I don´t know.

I´ll be creating a hotfix relatively soon, in say a week.
Old January 12th, 2014 (08:11 PM).
I play for keeps!

Quote originally posted by MrDollSteak:
Hey Wolfie, could you send me a list of all the things you decapitalised?
This´ll be really helpful for my rombase.

PS. I´ve fixed the Safari Zone Bait Bug, it was a similar issue to the Shinies.
The extended particle table messed with the bait. Why Bait´s´particle loading
is handled completely differently to the rocks, I don´t know.

I´ll be creating a hotfix relatively soon, in say a week.
Thanks a bunch!

Yeah I can do that, give me a day or three and I'll have a list made up.
Old January 14th, 2014 (11:03 PM). Edited January 19th, 2014 by Projectwolfie.
I play for keeps!

One more! And it's good, trust me!

3.4.999:
-Hotfix: Thanks to MrDollSteak I fixed the particle/palette pointer error that caused the Safari Zone's bait to freeze the game.
-Altered the Champion Rematch a little.
-I thought Stealth Rock was sorely missing from Giovanni's gym set, what with him being evil and all.
-Erika got a very slight boost in the name of coverage on the first Pokemon learning Sucker Punch: I noticed how Vileplume could kick butt, but it's cousin wasn't getting even a hit in.

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/atktd823c7nix50/Pokemon_Fire_Red_251__3.4.999.ips

This is the last 3.4 version. 4.0 will have:
-Pokemon Data List! Finally! INI files (along with a very short how-to for INI files), this list, and the patch will be in one helpful zip file.
-ASM hacks. Trainer Facing Fix at least if not the BW2 Repel System will be fully implemented, for real this time.
-New Events, and Altering Cave will start housing non-legendaries (though the door to Navel Rock will still exist.)
-If it's done in time, I'll be updating the rombase to 1.4. Now this I'm really excited for, because it's going to have a great big type of addition. I'm not going to spoil, but I will need to put some work in on terms of implementing it into the game. Not that it's hard, just it's going to take some mulling over to figure out how to do it...

Basically, expect everything to be wrapped up in a way. I won't be done yet of course, but expect a while before this is all done.
Old January 17th, 2014 (04:31 PM).

how do you acquire the other 2 starters (for me bulbasaur and squarely)
thanks
Old January 17th, 2014 (08:34 PM).
I play for keeps!

Quote originally posted by jammeym1:
how do you acquire the other 2 starters (for me bulbasaur and squarely)
thanks
They're in trades at Cinnabar Island's Pokemon Lab.
Old January 22nd, 2014 (06:52 AM).

if pokemon with magic guard get poison the game freeze, can you fix that please ?
Old January 25th, 2014 (07:13 AM).

Quote originally posted by plziom:
if pokemon with magic guard get poison the game freeze, can you fix that please ?
Thanks I've fixed this. It would also happen with Poison Heal.
If anyone wants to fix this before I release 1.4, then just search in a hex editor for this string:
08 8C 01 08, and then replace the 08 with an 09.

Cheers.
Old January 31st, 2014 (08:08 PM). Edited January 31st, 2014 by Projectwolfie.
I play for keeps!

Whoo, where has the time gone? I'm working slowly on everything, just wanted to drop by and say I'm not dead yet.

Quote originally posted by MrDollSteak:
Thanks I've fixed this. It would also happen with Poison Heal.
If anyone wants to fix this before I release 1.4, then just search in a hex editor for this string:
08 8C 01 08, and then replace the 08 with an 09.

Cheers.
I'm tempted to do a 4.0 pre-release with this, but I'm not quite sure yet (if I did that, you'd be getting BW2 Repels and the new events/Altering Cave edits, nothing else). Either way the next release will have this. But I don't know when that will be still.
Old February 3rd, 2014 (03:08 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Should I start playing now or wait for version 4.0?
Old February 3rd, 2014 (08:11 PM).

Whoo, where has the time gone? I'm working slowly on everything, just wanted to drop by and say I'm not dead yet.

I'm tempted to do a 4.0 pre-release with this, but I'm not quite sure yet (if I did that, you'd be getting BW2 Repels and the new events/Altering Cave edits, nothing else). Either way the next release will have this. But I don't know when that will be still.
1.4 of my Rombase is out by the way.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)