Quick search
The PokéCommunity Forums

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page [Pokémon] Johto Mysteries (T) (OOC)

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Closed Thread

Old November 16th, 2013 (04:22 PM). Edited November 17th, 2013 by <Challenger>.
<Challenger>
One lean, green, fighting machine

Nature: Jolly
Put me in coach! I'm ready to play!

Name:
Kazuki "Kaz" or "Kazu" Takemura

Pokégear Choice:
Swaggin' Sunset

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Kazu stands at about 6'2, and weighs around 150 pounds, and is generally quite slim. He wears this outfit often, seeing as he has several pairs of it. He can often be seen chewing spearmint gum.

Personality:
Kaz is a rocker, first and foremost. He plays the guitar almost flawlessly, and prefers the genre of metalcore, but he has other favorite genres, such as punk rock, or the Pokemon version of J-Rock. He loves music as if he would die if it didn't exist, and quite frankly, he might if it didn't. He often plays his guitar when he's alone, ad libbing as he goes, and quite frankly it sounds very good. He takes pride in his music. His current life goal is to become the best guitar-playing Pokemon trainer there ever was, while still being an excellent trainer.

Kaz is almost always calm and laid-back. He never acts surprised, and quite frankly he normally isn't. He seems to be very intelligent, although he doesn't show it, seeing as he doesn't talk a lot. Normally he sits back with his hands crossed behind his head. He is a tactical battler, preferring to face an opponent after he watches them, be it secretively or in the open. He takes that general approach to life. Normally he'll think about things a good deal before he makes any action at all. Kaz doesn't talk very much, but when he does he's generally friendly. He'll make a comment on how a beaten opponent could improve their skill, make a VERY occasional joke, or answer some general questions. It's quite obvious he doesn't think very highly of himself outside of music, and prefers to put people up instead of bringing them down. He hates to see other people depressed, and will try to find anything he can to make them feel happy, even going so far as to write a song for them.

Starter Pokemon:
Empress the Swaggin'

Short description of your Pokémon’s traits and personality:

Roleplay Sample:
Old November 16th, 2013 (05:39 PM).
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet
Might I reserve a spot for this roleplay?

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old November 16th, 2013 (06:03 PM).
Lulu
Yep, that tasted purple.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by roen52 View Post
Might I reserve a spot for this roleplay?

Of course you may, just pick a PokéGear from the ones still available

"The best path between two points is upside-down, between, then inside-out and round again."
Old November 16th, 2013 (06:24 PM).
<Challenger>
One lean, green, fighting machine

Nature: Jolly
I should probably ask for a reserve. Would that be acceptable?
Old November 16th, 2013 (06:30 PM).
Lulu
Yep, that tasted purple.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
I should probably ask for a reserve. Would that be acceptable?
I don't see why not o.o So ehm o.o go right ahead? XD

"The best path between two points is upside-down, between, then inside-out and round again."
Old November 16th, 2013 (06:57 PM). Edited November 20th, 2013 by Fuyu.
Fuyu
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
Darn it, my computer messed up my SU. Reserving for pink please!

Spoiler:
"Put your feelings into your fists."

Name: Miriam "Millie" Jeremiah
Pokégear Choice: Pink
Appearance:

Spoiler:

Most of Millie's appearance remains hidden from view. It kind of is a contribution to her shy nature. Most of her face and body is covered by her black and magenta tracksuit, hood included. She is not particularly tall or short, but she has enough height to have to duck from some tree branches on a clear path. Beneath the hood is black hair, that without magenta hairties to hold up her long pigtails, she tends to have reaching clear down to her butt. How does she keep it from bugging her while she's fighting and running and all her active things? Nobody knows. Her eyes are a steel-blue and frame a slightly small nose and mouth. Is she moe? Maybe.

Her skin is a rather light tone, being that most of it usually hidden beneath her track suit barring her fingers, her palms covered by black fingerless gloves. Beneath this is a white tanktop and short shorts, and her white gym shoes are a little worse for the wear. Her body is toned and muscular, almost a bit dangerous, though she takes great care not to be. She takes that in stride. Usually, for sleeping, she simply sleeps in the outfit beneath her tracksuit, even if it's cold. That's what sleeping bags are for.

On her back is a duffel, typically, carrying survival supplies and a sleeping bag and loose change. Used to traveling a lot with her 'father' until now, she has little in the way of personal possessions, and the most valuable thing on her person is an old photograph buried in a pocket. As well as a hunting knife.

Personality:

Miriam can be summed up as a friendly, yet shy person.

Getting to talk to her and know her is the hard part. She is awkward and distant and can give off a bad first impression. It's not so much a hostile distant, but Millie is easily confused by trends and gossips and crowds. She frequently will hide behind things like trees or walls or lampposts and peek out the other side, never mind people can see her from the lamppost anyway. Reluctant to ask for help, she prefers doing things with her Pokemon or on her own because that's comfortable.

She never really considers someone a friend until they fight her, Pokemon or person or both. She is a good, diligent fighter on her own, who thinks on the fly but analyzes with even more accuracy. Being embarrassed (which is easy to do) is a rather easy flaw to exploit however, and it throws her rhythm off immensely. It is really easy to make her blush. When she gets serious, though, it's hard to find an opening. In Pokemon battles, she is known to mimic the action of her Pokemon's attack. Miriam believes fighting is the way people show their feelings the best, and it is the way she expresses herself best. That said, she doesn't just go around challenging people. She's too shy.

Win or lose, once you fight, she is more open. She will even pull her hood down. She smiles more once she is used to someone, and can even be a little chatty. Again, still remaining a little reserved, but that's in her nature. She loves to share, and will certainly do her best to help someone, even if she is too clumsy at the thing she is doing.

Millie, as said, doesn't do teamwork. She doesn't know how,really. Giving assistance is pretty easy, as she usually knows what's going on. Team battles or evil people? Nah, she'll take them on her own.

Pokemon to her are... not very special. They are living beings, but she is a living being. They are partners in life, in battle, but just like that, a human being can be that way as well. She loves them, but she if they are partners, she must treat them as equals and with respect. If someone doesn't, well, it's on them if they get hurt.

Millie has a bit of a sweet tooth, and is always steering clear of candy stores because of it. Her 'father's' laws were strict, and she can't afford to slip on a single one, including stretches every morning, and healthy, balanced meals every day. Also, if the man can't punch back, he's not worth the time. She has no clue what that means. Millie can be a little relentless to an outsider, but if she doesn't go all out, she doesn't feel like she's being honest. So... yeah. Let's get along well, okay? Good luck!

Starter Pokémon: Riolu, Reese
Reese is everything that is energy in the world. Cheerful, passionate, and outgoing, he is a happy Pokemon who usually exudes his passion for all to sense. Yes, sense. He has no control over his emoting to the world, probably isn't even aware he's doing it. Ever the one who thinks he's a leader, he's usually running to take the front. Of course in doing this, he inevitably smacks himself into a tree more than once but that's okay. He's a very friendly sort, and is usually trying to meet people when Millie is attempting to avoid them.

Just like her, he enjoys fighting, and considers it a very important aspect of life. He considers it the ultimate way to make friends and the cleanest. Having said that, he is a bit of a sore loser. If he goes in expecting to win and doesn't, he can sulk like nobody's business. Reese isn't humble in the slightest, but he is dedicated to Millie and whatever she asks of him, simply because she is Millie. He also loves to cuddle and though he does not easily accept the consistent of stranger humans, he enjoys Millie's hugs. He likes other Pokemon just fine, and because of that, will try to lead others into mischief. Millie is not entirely sure how to stop him. Frequently, she has to save him.

Roleplay Sample:

Spoiler:
"Rii!"

"No... get back here!"

Miriam cracked her neck with gusto, catching a glimpse of the woman almost falling in an attempt to bop the head of a passing Riolu. She paused in her sip of tea, watching it zip by with a small frown. Mischievous bugger. The woman's husband seemed torn between amusement and his own smothered irritation. He sat on the porch beside Millie, sighing just loud enough to not be overheard. "She's certainly giving it her all, isn't she?"

Millie smiled shyly beneath her hood, nodding a little. She clenched a bandaged fist, looking down at her knees. "I... I would like to help her."

"Not with your back like that, you won't," the man said, cross enough to brush at his brown hair. "Don't want to end up like me, do ya lass? All hard of walking?"

She jumped. "N-no sir!"

He smiled. "Good. That critter will give it up eventually and leave. The Riolu usually stay out of the fields, but this one's been a bit stubborn." The farmer eyed her with a critical, knowing look. "Kinda like you, I reckon."

Miriam flushed. She had made it all the way on foot from the other side of the Unova region, having been searching down to the pits of the place for her father. Of course, after all that, her body had given out at the edge of this ranch. She was surprised she hadn't gone comatose after that. Grateful for that of course... but it was still a shock. Still... how far could her father have gotten?

Her legs and arms still ached if she moved for more than fifteen minutes but it was certainly better than it had been a week ago.

There was another delighted cry as the Riolu began poking a sleeping a Mareep, then running away as fast as his little legs could take him. That's... rude, she thought, standing up without thinking. The man reached out but she was already rushing over, stepping to grab the Pokemon by one arm. "Hey..." Millie said, looking as close to disapproval as she knew how, a tiny frown. "Say sorry to him. He was sleeping!"

Riolu stuck out its tongue, raising his free blue paw to smack at her nose. However, weakened though she was, she had grown up fighting. A Pokemon, particularly a baby, had no hope.

She caught the swipe in her spare hand and yanked Riolu back. With one hand, this was difficult, but he wasn't expecting to fall. Miriam pulled him to the ground and he let out a bark of shock.

"That's enough now!" Millie almost flinched at the sound of her own voice but pressed on. "You're really rude!" She released the other paw, stepping back. Without thinking, she slipped into a defensive fighting position. It was a Pokemon, true, but she had fought Pokemon before. Hadn't really won against many, but this was probably like attacking a Tyrogue. Speedy, but not defensive.

Meanwhile, the little Pokemon picked himself up from the grass. The human had just stopped him. Stopped him! But he was strong! He was the only one who stayed here, kept everybody safe! He was the one who went and bothered the humans! And now this... this human had just stopped him.

Not cool.

Crouching, he jumped forward, palm thrust out. Millie stepped back to avoid it, raising her left palm to return the favor. What? Humans weren't supposed to do that! Unprepared, he was hit square in the chest and jumped back, looking even more agitated. Millie coughed, shaking her head. "Come on, is that all?" She stepped back again, adjusting her footing. He was so tiny. It was harder to hit him. behind her, she heard the rancher and his wife calling for her to come back.

Miriam shook her head. The fight was started, it had to be ended, one way or another.

Riolu jumped at her. In his anger, he missed that she was panting or how slow she moved. He jumped and somersaulted to kick down. She raised both arms to block and then grabbed at his legs. Heavy bugger. Miriam dropped him quickly, the jackal almost landing on his head.

"Rii..." He picked himself up again and leaped forward and she ducked, leaving the creature to sail into the opposing grass.

"Hey, kid!" The man threw her a Pokeball. "Since ya ain't gonna come back, use that!" Miriam fumbled it between her fingers and stared at the little sphere with doubt. She had never... well, caught a Pokemon before.

Father... she thought quietly. You were so against me having them. I guess I don't have a choice now... Clenching it in one bleeding fist, Miriam waited for Riolu to make the next move.

Only he didn't get the chance.

The Mareep he had poked let out a burst of electricity, zapping the creature to unconsciousness. Miriam blinked and turned to the sheep, who baahed at her with triumph. Nervously, she patted it with her free hand, throwing the Pokeball with the other. Riolu twitched in its unconscious state, but the ball remained still when he was sucked into it.

Seeing that, Millie felt her knees give out and she collapsed, panting for air. She probably shouldn't have done that. Thinking it over, why had she?

The Riolu had stayed in the Pokeball the entire week following its capture. She had tried letting it out, but it refused. The woman claimed it was sulking, but Miriam would have no idea. Her father had Pokemon but they were... well, they were interesting.

She kicked at the air, reveling in the ease of movement again. She then punched, bouncing on the balls of her feet, and carefully began to warm up. There was a lot of walking to be done soon. She was leaving Unova.

No offense meant to the place, of course.

Father, She punched into the air, an inch over her head.I hope you're ready to get your nose fixed. As she punched and kicked at the air, the Pokeball on the desk began to wobble. She didn't pay much attention, still intent on moving. Then, when the Riolu was sitting on the table, and let out a quiet Rii, she turned, pulling up her hood by reflex.

"Oh..." She lowered it again. "Hello... are you ready to talk now?" The Riolu scuffed its foot. "I guess I surprised you." She held out a hand. "My name is Miriam, but... Millie is okay. Do... do you have a name?" Riolu blinked. Miriam flushed. "I guess you wouldn't... can I call you Reese?"

Riolu shrugged.

Well, it was a start. "Okay, great!" Little victories, gotta love them. "Well, um... I caught you and... I'm about to leave and go somewhere far away, so... if you want me to let you go now, I can." Riolu just stared. Millie only flushed. "O-Okay." She picked up her duffel and threw it over one shoulder. "I'm going to go outside. Just... meet me out there so I can do it, okay?"

She left the room, careful not to shut the door. Already, her mind was whirling. She would have to work aboard the ship, or maybe earn some money by doing odd jobs before she went. She would have to be quick, or her father could get all the way to Kalos instead of Johto. If he was even there. She knew he liked Mount Mortar, she had been there twice as a child.

Miriam made it as far as the porch before Riolu gabbed at the pants of her tracksuit. She looked down and saw him put the Pokeball into a small duffel pocket. "Um...?"

"Looks like he took a liking to you," noted the rancher's wife as she swept. "Won't take no for an answer too, I bet. Stubborn fellow."

Miriam looked between the woman and the Pokemon and back again. "Really?"

"Rii!" Reese assured, grinning.

Millie smiled shyly. "Well... all right. Then... we'll go together!"

Reese nodded, pretending to be serious. She giggled.

What would it like to be a trainer? What would her dad say about it?

He can't say anything, Millie decided. He's not here.

Old November 16th, 2013 (08:43 PM).
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagamiChan View Post
Of course you may, just pick a PokéGear from the ones still available
How about the white one then?

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old November 16th, 2013 (10:19 PM). Edited November 24th, 2013 by TheZenTraveler.
TheZenTraveler
Free love, isn't free
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to TheZenTraveler
Open to critique as necessary.

Name: Izzy “Doc” Sato

Pokegear Choice: Green

Appearance:

Build, Clothing, and Accessories: For his age Izzy has always been a fairly active person. He has kept his weight on par with his standards of being fit. Standing at 5’ 11” and weighing in at 195 pounds he enjoys Hiking and on normal occasions dresses to that standard. He has taken to wearing Khakis and tee shirts over any other attire due to the comfort as well as, free range of movement. That being said his preferred color scheme tends to lean towards the drab earthy tones, so as not to draw a lot attention from the things around him. Normally this means an olive green pair of khakis, and a light brown tee shirt. He wears comfortable brown hiking boots that he cleans on a regular basis. When he goes for his hikes, he also brings am olive drab baseball hat, old dusty goggles, and a checkered olive drab and black Shemagh. When he goes for long walks, he will bring a vintage military bag that holds much of his gear and has a medical symbol over the main flap where he stores a fairly well stocked medical kit.

Facial Features, Unique Markings, and Skin Color: Izzy doesn’t enjoy long hair, He Keeps his Onyx black hair fairly short and shaves any facial hair often. His eyes are a tame light brown which he feels help people feel more at ease around him. On both his right cheek and partially on his right shoulder are very pronounced scars from a childhood bike accident. The scar on his cheek vaguely resembles a backwards J two inches in length, and the scar on his shoulder stretches diagonally from the center of the shoulder to the center of the chest for roughly four inches. Being in the sun as often as he is, Izzy has developed a natural farmer’s tan, as he does not normally take his shirt off due to the scar on his shoulder. The rest of his body is a fairly pasty white due to his lack of even tanning.

Essential Gear: As a seasoned hiker, Izzy doesn’t go out unprepared. He keeps a medical Kit with him on his Hikes, intended more for severe injuries he or anyone he should encounter would have. He Carries Clothing for cold weather and wet weather. He packs a small 2 person tent that would better fit one person with gear, but in extreme situations could fit 2 people. A map and compass are also included in his gear as they have been essential in his navigation of harsh mountains and outlying forests. He keeps a camel-back on as well as a secondary canteen for long hikes. A small flashlight for accessing his bag at night, could be used in a cave, but is extremely inconvenient and not used normally. He keeps light climbing gear around in the case he has to climb small ledges and trees; he normally does not carry any specialized equipment due to it being too heavy to travel with. With his average travelling gear his pack weight comes in at just over 40 pounds, his pack and frame are rated to roughly 80 pounds, at that point the frame stands a chance of breaking if he doesn't collapse from too high of load first.

Personality:
Izzy is a rather outgoing person; he volunteered often in the Azalea Pokémon center, helping others and their Pokémon since a young age. He Is referred to as "Doc" due to his adept medical understanding of both pokemon and humans. Always more than willing to help a tired traveler, it would seem it is just in his nature. This leaves him vulnerable to travelers looking to take advantage of him.

He enjoys walks and hikes, but has an entirely odd fear of Bikes ever since he had a rather bad bike accident leaving him with 2 permanent scars. The scar on his right cheek has become a topic of which he enjoys to reminisce about past mistakes he has made. The scar on his shoulder he seldom mentions or talks about, only a few people know about it.

He is a very curious person, often leading him into trouble. This was fueled only more when he was only allowed to travel short distances away from town. Izzy has become keen to avoid outrageously dangerous situations that he would perceive as unnecessary. Since he will avoid some situations, Izzy could be determined to be somewhat unreliable as an ally. Though he will not actually abandon someone whom he feels may be endangering themselves or their Pokemon.

When it comes to being a trainer, he unintentionally gets a bit reckless at times; this is due to his lack of battle based schooling. It is somewhat made up for by his determination to train hard, but he still has a long way to go before he can be considered a mature trainer.

His friendship with his Rattata Quirk, can be seen when they battle together, win or lose they try to always stay on the bright side. If things get too far out of hand during a fight, Izzy will often forfeit. If things progress, Izzy will call Quirk back to his Ball, this being one of the only situations that he will use his pokeballs.

He holds onto a few traditions of his home town, which may be regarded as old fashioned by a few. He considers himself a friend to his Pokémon and not it’s master, as well as the extremely limited use of his friends pokeball, feeling that Pokémon would rather travel freely instead of being cooped up.

odds and ends:

Spoiler:
At the end of the day, he will stop to watch the sunset if possible, it is calming to him.

Often Izzy will gather objects for his pokemon to occupy them on long trip.

Izzy knows many of the Joy family's names, most likely due to the time he volunteered at the Azalea pokemon center.

Izzy doesn't trust technology, knowing it to fail when it is needed most, but he still uses it none the less.

Ghost Pokemon often don't bother Izzy, as he grew up around his mother's Haunter

Izzy will examine Quirk's Friend ball when he is deep in thought.

Starter Pokémon: Quirk the Rattata

Male/Guts
Tackle/Tail Whip/Quick Attack/Bite

Brief description of Pokémon’s personality :
Quirk is very much the opposite of his trainer. He has a very introverted personality and takes time to build up trust with anyone. Once he builds an ample amount of trust that he is satisfied with the person or Pokémon In question, he will become very sociable and loyal to them. The only other people andpokemon he has become sociable to are the nurses and nurse aids at the Pokémon centers, since he has been around them every time his, friend Izzy volunteered.

Quirk Is almost always in a relaxed state when traveling. That being said, Quirk has a fairly good work ethic, when it comes to training.
Often you can find him walking alongside his Friend, Izzy or when he is tired, hitching a ride Izzy’s Backpack frame. Though he has a friend ball made out of a carefully chosen Green Apricorn, Quirk very rarely ever gets called back into, his pokeball. Quirk is not hazardous to strangers, he will just keep his distance.

Odds and ends:
Spoiler:
Since They have become friends, Quirk will hiss when he senses a threat; This is a sign that Izzy now understands immediately. While not nearly 100 percent accurate, it can be very helpful.

Sample:
Spoiler:

A Blast from the Past and The Mysterious Figure

“Finally, a week’s worth of travel and I’ve made it to the ferry.” Izzy, exclaimed, arms stretched up over his head.

It was late evening, and the ferry to Cianwood was about to make its last trip of the day. Izzy and his friend Quirk hurried onto the ferry, sitting down near the railing so they could feel the breeze. Quirk scurried to his usual spot atop of Izzy’s backpack that sat beside him.

“Hey, I grabbed this for you while we were hiking through the flatlands, here you go little guy, you’ve earned it. “ Izzy said, as he handed Quirk a small stick to gnaw on. After all, Rattata are in constant need to keep their teeth short. Quirk happily took the stick and began to gnaw away at the it.

With quirk occupied, and thinking that a little rest would be wonderful, it did take about an hour to ferry to Cianwood, Izzy would capitalize the time by taking a nap. As he began to slowly drift into slumber, Izzy’s mind began to wander. His mind began floating back to that day, one of the best of his life so far.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Somewhere in the forest – 1 and 29 days year prior…-

“What’s this?” An enthused younger Izzy contemplated, pulling out from his backpack, a small notebook.
“hmm, White, red, Oh! Here we go, green… The green Apricorn can be used to make a Friendship Ball, Perfect I’ve finally found the one!” Izzy burst out with excitement.

There was no time to lose, Izzy quickly packed his gear in his backpack, and looked for a ripe Green Apricorn. Once he found one, he placed the Apricorn securely in one of the pockets and quickly dashed home.
As he thrust the front door open Izzy looked around, He could see his mom and Langley working diligently on the day s lunch. His dad was out, which meant, it was the perfect time to tell his mom the plan.

“Mom! Mom! I found the perfect Apricorn!” Izzy stated, with a hint of pride.

“What would you need an Apricorn for? Wait you aren’t planning on going out and capturing a Pokémon on your own are you!?” His mother sounded fairly worried.

“Mom! I’m almost 16, I have a trainer card and most of the other kids my age have their own Pokémon. Not to mention the majority of them have left when they were 12 to travel the region.” Izzy had planned this argument out to a T. He was not going to take no for an answer.

“Yes, but you mustn’t forget you got your Trainer license When you went to Pokémon Doctor’s School at the Academy. You never took any basic trainer’s classes, which has me worried that get yourself hurt.” His mother’s retort was just as expected.

“It’s ok mom, I’ve been feeding and befriending a small Rattata behind the Pokémon center for several months now. I even named the little guy Quirk.”
At this point something unexpected happened. Langley appeared next to Izzy, voicing his approval with a series of rather stern “haunts”.

His mother began to calm down; she paused for a few moments to think about it. Finally she sighed, “well I guess I can’t argue with you, since you’ve made up your mind. Go see Maisy, if she thinks you are ready for your first Pokémon, I’ll let you catch the Rattata on one condition. The condition is that you’ll have to take Langley along with you when you do go to catch your friend, just in case.”

Before another word could be spoken Izzy had vanished, just as fast as he appeared. Great, I’m sure Maisy will have no problem making me a Pokeball with the Apricorn I found, Izzy thought to himself. When he made it to Maisy’s front door he knocked, hoping she wasn’t out or in the process of making fast balls. Luckily, Maisy answered the front door; she looked surprised to see Izzy. She turned and looked at the clock,
“I’m terribly sorry Izzy, but Kurt is out for a short walk, he won’t be back for a little while, he must have forgotten to tell me you were coming today.” She said apologetically.

“Oh, well that isn’t why I’m here Ma’am.” Izzy said with a puzzled grin.

“hmm, well then what is the premise of today’s visit?” Maisy asked.

“I’d, I’d like to ask you if you could make me a pokeball for my first Pokémon.”
Izzy stammered, his steam had all but vanished in lieu of a clear suspense. He had realized that if maisy didn’t want to make him a Pokeball he would be seen as too immature by his mother.

Maisy looked at him, then politely smiled and asked him to come in. Izzy informed her of the situation. After carefully listening to his story Maisy, looked over Izzy one last time and she said,
“You have grown to be an impeccable young man, and the fact that you looked all this time for a green Apricorn for a Friend Ball, means you must really love this Rattata. I will make you a Friend Ball. Come back tomorrow and I will have the Ball ready for you”

‘Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” Izzy, was so excited, he said his goodbyes, and hurried home, ready for the next day to come.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
-The next day-

He had been awake early; this was the day he had been waiting for. Izzy planned on picking up the finished friend ball on his way to the Pokémon center for volunteer work. Once he put on his scrubs he was out the door, Langley following closely behind, as per him mother’s request.
He stood at Maisy’s doorstep, he began to knock.
“Come in”, A faint reply to the knocks, Izzy walked in, Maisy was sitting at the table, a single pokeball sat on top.

“Here it is, your very first Pokeball.” Maisy delightfully said.

Izzy approached the table, picking up the Friend ball that sat before him and examined it. On the top, just above the rear hinge, there was a carefully etched phrase. It read: Quirk Loyal friend of Isaiah Sato.

“I figured that since, you went through the trouble of carrying out the tradition of catching one’s first Pokémon with a ball made out of an Apricorn. I ought to use your full first name; I hope that’s not too much of a bother.” Maisy said, watching Izzy closely.

Izzy looked up with a faint sparkle in his eyes “It’s perfect, thank you.” He spoke quietly, very happy with the beauty of his first pokeball.

Just then he noticed the time, Izzy had to be at the center soon to volunteer. Apologizing for having to cut the meeting, Izzy headed to work, hearing a faint, “Good luck” from Maisy as he left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Later that day-
Izzy took a deep breath, filled the food bowl for Quirk, and looked at Langley. The look was a look that told Langley to let him do the talking, everything was going to turn out fine. Izzy placed the Friend ball on the top of the dry food for Quirk. They proceeded outside, Langley keeping his distance so as not to upset the situation.

Quirk came running up, and began eating like, usual. Izzy sat with him, and after a few minutes picked up the Friend ball. Quirk lifted his head up, and looked at the pokeball.

“Quirk I searched for a little over a week for a pokeball that would be fit to sum up our friendship over the last few months. This is that pokeball, and I would like you to be my first Pokémon.”

Quirk sniffed the ball in Izzy’s hand. He then sat down in front of Izzy and joyfully replied, “Rattata!”.

Izzy grinned, he was truly happy that his friend was willing to be his first ever Pokémon. He tapped the pokeball onto Quirks head. Quirk was sucked inside, the pokeball rocked back and forth for a short span, then sealed. He did it; he had caught his very first Pokémon!

Just then, Izzy heard a hissing noise coming from all around him, he couldn’t figure out what it was coming from. Izzy knew that hissing... Quirk had noticed something strange. He jerked himself awake.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-On the ferry-
Izzy awoke to Quirk hissing, “What’s up Quirk?”
Quirk was standing on top of Izzy’s Backpack, pointing towards the rear of the ferry. Izzy looked, puzzled as to what was going on. Not but 5 meter behind them, a small thing of some sort stood there. It looked like a small man wearing a tribal outfit and mask, but Izzy was sure he was the only one that boarded the ferry. The Figure stood silently, as if it were a statue.

“Hello?” Izzy questioned wondering if it was an oddly dressed crew member.

As soon as Izzy acknowledged its existence, the mysterious figure lifted its left hand and said, “Xatu”. No sooner had it said that word the figure disappeared. Could that figure have been some mysterious Pokémon? If so why was it riding on a ferry to Cianwood? Many questions had arisen, was it a dream? The ferry’s large horn blew for a few seconds; Izzy looked around and noticed they were only about 100 yards away from the dock. Ultimately he figures that the strange occurrence was just that, a strange occurrence.

Izzy put his backpack on and kneeled to allow Quirk access to the top. Quirk jumped on top what was left of his stick was clenched in his mouth. Quirk sat facing the rear of the ferry where the figure had been standing, still watching. As they got off the ferry, Izzy asked the nearby Dockhand where Cianwood Research Center was, and the dockhand pointed to a rather large building.

“wow that building is huge…” Izzy stood at the end of the dock eyeing the research center in the distance.

While walking through town Izzy noticed a Pokémon center which he’d stop by later to say hello, as well as a Pharmacy he may stop by to refill on supplies. After all, that hike used up just about everything he had brought with him. Finally he had made it to the front door of the Lab, He opened the door to see that the inside of the building was a few computers, scientists, and the likes. He stopped to ask one of the scientists where he might find Lrya, the scientist told him that she would be in her office at the far end of the room, knock first.

He reached the door, knocked, and walked in. Inside he met professor Lyra, and introduced himself.

“Hello there, professor. My name is Izzy, I came from Azalea town, where there was a flier posted at the Pokémon center I volunteer at. I am a Pokémon medical student per se, and this here is my trusty friend Quirk.”

Quirk had climbed onto his shoulder, looking at both Izzy and Professor Lyra. He cheerfully echoed, “Rattata”.

“We both very happy to meet you and I hope we can help.” Izzy said, extending his hand to introduce himself.

Extended History:
Spoiler:
This History Is fairly in depth to explain several personality traits that Izzy and Quirk have.

Family Background and History:

The Sato family has resided in the Johto region for generations. While most of the family has moved out of the area, a few members of the family have stayed where family originated, Azalea town. The family was once made up of wealthy merchants who had decided to settle in the relatively isolated town, feeling that it served as a great place to reconnect with nature. Since then, the family has lost touch with its merchant past, and many of the family members have found jobs in the sprawling urban behemoths around the land.

One couple is all that is left to take care of the family house in Azalea, over the years they had a single son, whom they named Isaiah Sato after his great grandfather who had journeyed to far lands. From a young age Isaiah vastly preferred to be called Izzy, feeling that his full first name was far too formal. The only people that call Izzy by his full name are family members whom knew him well. His parents, often helped with menial things around town, as they did not work. His father and mother made up their minds when he was born, they would try their hardest to raise Izzy in a traditional setting so he could become a trainer. This was interesting, since as Izzy grew up, he was melded with both traditional and untraditional thoughts.

The family Pokémon, was his mother’s Haunter, named Langley, whom she had caught when she was a young trainer. Often he watched over the household when everyone was out. Unlike many Haunter, he was a very caring Pokémon, this was in fact the result of the training from Izzy’s mother. The only other pokemon in the household was a fairly lazy slowpoke which could be found sunning itself on the porch as well as pestering Langley.

In his younger years:

Izzy was a very curious child, exploring everything that he could. His parents allowed it, as they would just send Langley to watch over him. Though Langley watches him, Izzy has found ways to avoid his babysitter to pursue his explorations. Of course Izzy’s curiosity has placed him in dangerous situations many times, form being stung by poisonous Bug Pokémon to falling down the Slowpoke Well and breaking his arm. Through his share of mishaps Izzy has become very keen at patching himself up to hide the bumps and scratches to avoid Langley’s detection ultimately avowing trouble with his parents.

Another thing that many of the children around the town would do was to gather at Maisy’s house to listen to her grandfather, Kurt, tell stories about past adventures. Maisy was the successor in a long line of traditional Pokeball creators. Though this tradition was often overlooked by many, in lieu of the many different Pokeballs offered by large corporations, Maisy still took pride in her work, keeping the fading tradition alive. Kurt, would revel in his golden years, telling anyone who would listen about the old ways, when Trainers befriended their Pokémon instead of using them as mere instruments. All of these tales had left an impression on Izzy, but none as much as the story
of the Slowpoke tail thieves.

As He grew older, fewer and fewer children would visit Kurt to listen to tales that had been retold many times over the years. One day when Izzy was 8 he had visited Kurt’s house to listen to a story, seeing he was the only one, he had figured Kurt would just send him home. To his surprise Kurt still wanted to tell him a story. That day Kurt had a special tale which he had not mentioned prior, about the day a dastardly group who showed up in Azalea to chop off the tails of the many Slowpoke around town. The tale spoke of a young trainer, who had been traveling through the area, assisted Kurt in saving the local Slowpoke. Kurt then stated that this trainer was not like many of the others trainers who had traveled through Azalea. This trainer had forged strong friendly bonds with their Pokémon. This friendship made the trainer stronger than any of the Thugs who had taken the slowpokes, and allowed the trainer to defeat the thugs very easily. “This trainer most likely went off to do great things” said Kurt, wrapping up the story. He left Izzy with the lasting idea that a trainer who can Love their Pokémon through thick and thin will become stronger that those who treat their Pokémon like tools. He rationalized this with the fact that Langley was such a loving and protective Pokémon, because of his mother’s friendship over the years.

The Accident and the Academy:

When he Turned 10, Izzy’s mother and father had decided he was old enough receive his own bicycle, His mother dug out an old Mach bike from the depths of the house.

“Now remember this bike is very light and fast, the maneuverability is sub-par to say the least.”, his mother warned.

After giving him a full lecture on not taking it too fast and avoiding dangerous areas with the bike, Izzy’s mom let him take the bike for a spin. Once, Izzy got the hang of riding the bike, he felt it was only natural to try riding the bike faster.

A few weeks had gone by and Izzy felt he had become a pro at riding. He decided to elude Langley and try riding around the slopes near the entrance of Union Cave. Most of the day had gone by and Izzy felt he should begin to head home. Riding as fast as he could, he took a slight curve and to his horror a Geodude was playing in the road. Unable to swerve fast enough, he collided with the Geodude. Izzy was thrown from the bike, and knocked unconscious.

Waking up a day later looking at the ceiling of the Pokémon center, he wondered what had happened… His parents later filled him in that he was lucky enough to have a travelling trainer overhear the commotion and investigate what was going on. He silently made a pact to never ride a bike again then and there.

Izzy spent a little more than a week recovering in the Pokémon center, every day he would watch the trainers and their Pokémon come through, some even with fairly serious injuries, and the Nurses would go about their work with such skill. That was the beginning; Izzy had his first experience in medicine. During that week, he also met Mele Joy, the 8 year old daughter of Azalea’s Nurse Joy. She seemed to be a fairly rebellious young girl at the time, not wanting to help her mother; she instead went out and played with the local slowpoke. Once Izzy was out of the Pokémon center, he was ready to start at the Regional Trainer Academy.

Izzy decided that instead of going to the trainer academy to be a Pokémon trainer he would take their Medical courses. It would take 2 years longer to obtain a trainers license but, his passion was to help heal as many Pokémon as he could. His mom greatly disapproved stating that,

“You ought to learn to be an efficient trainer instead”.

Most of the time that Izzy spent at the academy studying; the various children in his classes were either part of the Joy family, or trainers learning basic Pokémon medical knowledge. When Izzy had turned 13, He began his last year of classes. There was one single change between the previous two years and now; Mele was attending her first year of classes, and her focus wasn’t on Pokémon medicine, like most of the Joy family. She had caught a Bellossom, and decided that she liked to travel more, than working at the Azalea Pokémon center with her mother. This meant that they would graduate together.

Near the end of the year, Izzy had finished his studies and was sure to graduate, so he sat and watched the final exams for the trainers. The trainer final exam was a rather large tournament in which students fight their Pokémon against each other to see who would graduate top class. This is when Izzy witnessed the oddest fight he had ever seen. Mele was in second place, up against the top student of the class, a young boy who had tough Growlithe. Her Bellossom stood little chance, yet when the match began Mele took out a violin, and started to play a tune. Her bellossom began to dance, The Growlithe began to attack, but Bellossom dodged it. Mele hit different notes and as she did, Bellossom began to glow orange. It then charged the Growlithe, the attack was not only a direct hit but, the Growlithe was knocked out in the process.

“Look that’s the girl that taught her Pokémon to fight using the music she plays on the violin.”, said a student nearby.

“Looks like she’s top of the class, I bet she is going to leave and challenge all of the gym leaders in the region one day” Another student replied.

Top of the class, Izzy thought. Well she certainly looks like she deserves it.
The End of the year was nothing special, all of the students graduated; many including Mele, who ran off one the night, left to travel the region. Izzy had a trainer card but, still didn’t have a Pokémon to accompany him. Oh well, he thought, one day I will travel to different towns and cities, helping and healing anyone who needed it.

The Pokémon and Trainer meet

Since, he didn’t have a Pokémon; Izzy’s mother wouldn’t let him venture too far from town. Izzy still managed to explore the nearby areas, he began to hike up the slopes around Union Cave, and he could be found enjoying the sunset there, many evenings. This also allowed Izzy to volunteer with the Pokémon center, and as he did, his medical skills got more honed. And over the years Izzy became known as Doc, by just about everyone in town.

Izzy had just turned 15, which was no big deal. The only thing that changed was, Nurse joy decided that he could watch over the Center at night. It was his first night, and Izzy was on edge to do well. He was taking the trash out, when something caught his eye, a small shadow seemed to be sifting through the trash. Izzy moved to see what the creature was, moving into view, he could see that it was a rather small Rattata.

“Hmm, I bet you’re just looking for some food” Izzy sighed, he went to grab an extra bowl as well as some food.

He set the food out for the Rattata, and watched the small Pokémon. The Rattata sniffed the food and hissed.

“Aww it’s ok little guy, you don’t have to worry” Izzy said, gleefully extending his arm for the Rattata to sniff.

The Rattata was surprised, so it dashed a short distance away. After a few minutes, the Rattata began to slowly inch itself closer to Izzy’s hand. Once it made its way to Izzy’s hand the Rattata sniffed the outstretched hand, pausing for a moment it then turned its attention to the food. As it began to devour the food, Izzy left to finish things he had to do inside. A few hours later, he came back to pick up the empty food bowl.

After few weeks went by, Izzy finally decided to name the little Rattata. He had given it much thought and Izzy decided that it would be best to suggest his name to the Rattata. Upon feeding the wild Rattata, he asked it if it liked the name “Quirk”. His friend nodded, becoming from that day on, Quirk the Rattata. They began to bond over the next few months, prompting Izzy to request to have Quirk as his first Pokémon.

Catching Quirk
Details can be found in the sample.

Recent Events and The Beginning of Izzy’s Journey.

Recently, there had been a lot of talk regarding strange Pokémon showing up in strange places. Most of the town’s people didn’t believe it, but Izzy would hear similar observations being made by Pokémon centers around the region.

The family’s slowpoke, who always messed with Langley, had disappeared for several weeks; only to return as of late, as a Slowking, whom prefers to be called George. George claims to have been lying about the Slowpoke Well, when he spotted an object in the distance. Waddling over to it, he found that the object was a rock shaped like a crown. When he put the crown on, a Shelder emerged from a nearby pool biting him on the head. He spent a few days wandering about the cave, trying to comprehend what had happened.

George and Langley have since become great friends; they can be often seen strolling through town holding conversations regarding a multitude of things. George has taken up residence in the Sato household, helping with daily duties as well. Though it is quite rare to see a Slowking the people of the town have adjusted, treating George like a towns-person.

Since he had turned 17, Izzy had become increasingly restless, wanting to seek his own adventure with Quirk. His parents have been saying no, so he had been contemplating his options, when he found out about a professor Lyra needing help in Cianwood. He had watched a stranger post the paper on the bulletin board, when he was volunteering at the Pokémon center. He read the flier, containing the professor’s plea for help, with it came an incredible idea. If he could convince his parents that Lyra called the center requesting help from someone there, and he volunteered, he could get out of the town and explore the outside world. He was also interested in the Plea for help; Izzy decided that if he could go, he would definitely go to Cianwood first, to offer his help to the professor.

Once he got home, He found his mother and father, in the family room. He then proceeded to tell them, his tale hoping that it would be enough to woo them. Luckily His parents ultimately decided that Izzy could go on his Trip. Izzy began gleefully packing he and Quirk were to depart at once. Once all of his gear was in order Izzy left his house saying goodbye to his parents, Langley, and George. Izzy decided to make 2 stops before he left town. One to the Pokémon center, to thank them for allowing him to volunteer, and the second to Maisy to thank her for the Friend ball she had made him one last time.

Upon entering the Pokémon Center, Izzy was greeted by Nurse Joy. Seeing his full Pack, she asked where he would be exploring with all that gear. Izzy informed the nurse of the details regarding everything.

“So you’re going to Cianwood then?” Nurse joy replied almost ecstatically.

When Izzy replied yes, the nurse gave him a letter to deliver to the Pokémon Center in Cianwood. Izzy accepted, thinking that the errand would be no problem at all. He and Quirk then said goodbye to the Nurse and everyone there, hoping to see them again in the future.

Izzy had finally made it to his last stop before he left. Knocking on the door, Maisy answered. Izzy began to thank her for the Friend ball, she had made him a little more than a year prior. After a moment, she looked at him and stated ,

“Why thank you, but you mustn't thank me, I only reflect the vision and urge I see within the trainer’s eyes”

He thanked her graciously, and as he left she gave him one last piece of advice, “wherever your journey takes you, don’t forget about your roots, once we are forgotten we cease to exist. To be forgotten is the worst tragedy of all.”

With that he stepped out of the door and headed into the Ilex forest. Their true Journey had only just begun.

AJ in The Hoenn Diaries- IC/OOC
The image above was provided by LakituBroz
Old November 17th, 2013 (12:38 AM).
Lulu
Yep, that tasted purple.
Community Supporter

Only one PokeGear left which means there's only one slot left

Old November 17th, 2013 (05:35 AM).
DarkMoonPhase
The Lunar Beauty

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to DarkMoonPhase Send a message via Skype™ to DarkMoonPhase
Wow! This RP filled up so quickly! Yay for Kagami and Nathan!
Old November 17th, 2013 (05:41 AM).
Lulu
Yep, that tasted purple.
Community Supporter

Well, I was honestly scared of posting it so I showed it to Nathan and he said people would love it. Then he offered to help me with some plot stuff and with GMing and I eventually posted it after we worked on the css via PMs xD
I'm amazed so many people are willing to take part in a johto-based RP, considering gen VI and the Kalos region are the new, spicy thing

Old November 17th, 2013 (05:54 AM).
DarkMoonPhase
The Lunar Beauty

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to DarkMoonPhase Send a message via Skype™ to DarkMoonPhase
All that? Well it came out perfect!
Old November 17th, 2013 (06:03 AM).
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

Personally, I love the Johto region. It's easily my favorite, so this drew my eye.
Old November 17th, 2013 (06:45 AM).
Lulu
Yep, that tasted purple.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowGardevoir View Post
Personally, I love the Johto region. It's easily my favorite, so this drew my eye.

Johto's my favorite region as well especially in Generation IV
and thanks for the compliments Dark ^-^

Old November 17th, 2013 (07:43 AM).
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

Nature: Relaxed
If possible I'd like to reserve the Lime Pokégear please!

Old November 17th, 2013 (08:29 AM).
Lulu
Yep, that tasted purple.
Community Supporter

Sure the Lime one's yours

Old November 17th, 2013 (08:39 AM).
TheLastDragon
Love Khaleesi

Nature: Docile
Kagami, will you be telling us what Pokemon will be available to catch during each scene/act or will we be deciding ourselves? Also as a side note, Johto region is my favorite as well! Everything about it is awesome. Can't wait to get started!

LOVE KHALEESI
私は火と血と私のものは何かかかります。
Old November 17th, 2013 (09:01 AM).
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

Nature: Relaxed
Cheers for reserving me! I'll get to working on my SU asap, I have a 4 hour bus journey back to college later on this evening so hopefully I should get a good chunk of it done.

Old November 17th, 2013 (09:36 AM).
Veevee
Not just an Eevee

Nature: Brave
Can you, like, put me on a waiting list or something? Like, if someone drops out or their reservation expires, I get reserved for their place? Are you doing that? Will you do that?

Roleplays I'm in:
Noah Viktons in Trumpets
Vincent Havanikoe in Magical Aura Gijinka Saviors
Logan Rachelle (pending) in Awakening

Proud lover of Eevees
Old November 17th, 2013 (10:28 AM).
Lulu
Yep, that tasted purple.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDragon View Post
Kagami, will you be telling us what Pokemon will be available to catch during each scene/act or will we be deciding ourselves? Also as a side note, Johto region is my favorite as well! Everything about it is awesome. Can't wait to get started!
I'll add a list of pokémon for each region along with the details at the begining of each act/scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkishDelight View Post
Cheers for reserving me! I'll get to working on my SU asap, I have a 4 hour bus journey back to college later on this evening so hopefully I should get a good chunk of it done.
glad to see you made it xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRayquaza View Post
Can you, like, put me on a waiting list or something? Like, if someone drops out or their reservation expires, I get reserved for their place? Are you doing that? Will you do that?
I could do that, or, even better, grab another PokéGear and sneak it up on the list thus adding a slot in the RP xD

14 is a weird number of RPers anyways xD
15 would be better I guess xD

Old November 17th, 2013 (10:53 AM).
Veevee
Not just an Eevee

That would be great. Though I'm not really sure what I could do for the color. So... uh... can you do the color choice for me?

EDIT: Whoops, didn't notice you already added it.

Roleplays I'm in:
Noah Viktons in Trumpets

Proud lover of Eevees
Old November 17th, 2013 (11:09 AM).
Lulu
Yep, that tasted purple.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRayquaza View Post
That would be great. Though I'm not really sure what I could do for the color. So... uh... can you do the color choice for me?

EDIT: Whoops, didn't notice you already added it.

Yeah xD I grabbed them from some guy's devart account :X I added a link to his page in the Credits section :X Was trying not to tap in his custom pokégears, but eventually went for grabbing the orange one xD

Oh and tiny announcement:
Found a very lovely person to make me a Gen IV Johto Pokédex sprite () in various colours. I don't know yet wether or not they'll stick for simply the originally requested Red and Blue or if they'll do the Gold and Silver and Purple and Teal ones too.
So, soon enough, you'll be able to choose a Pokédex color as well .
Those aren't as exclusive as the PokéGears though, so more people can own the same coloured Pokédex.

Old November 17th, 2013 (11:29 AM). Edited November 19th, 2013 by Veevee.
Veevee
Not just an Eevee

Almost done. This is my first time RPing as a shy character, to tell the truth. My others are the opposite of him.

Name:
Jonathan Hanoma

Pokégear Choice:
Orange

Appearance:

Johnathan stands at 5'11", has dark brown hair, and green eyes. His typical outfit consists of a dark blue jacket with a light blue shirt underneath. The shirt has a dark blue border, along with a dark blue stripe in the middle. He also casually wears light blue pants. Jonathan's current shoes are dark blue with black on the bottom. He wears a necklace with a water drop to symbolize his love for Water type Pokémon.

Personality:
Jonathan is a shy, quiet boy. He prefers to not be around people, and he doesn't talk much when he is. However, he enjoys playing with the Pokémon his family has as pets, and really all Pokémon in general. He is more social with them than humans, actually. His main hobby is dancing, as he greatly excells in it. His other hobbies include baseball and soccer, but he has never been on a team because of the fact that the games do have crowds, and he's shy. Jonathan does, however, has a gift in bonding with Pokémon. He has managed to make a few friends, too. He has a very good memory and his intelligence is above average. Jonathan doesn't get upset easily, few things make him angry. He has alwzys loved Water–type Pokémon. He also enjoys the beach, swimming, etc.

He has also had a dream of becoming a famous Pokéathlete, and Pokémon Contests also appeal to him, however the desire to be a Pokéathlete is greater than the latter. Jonathan has always loved the idea of going on a Pokémon journey, and he also believes it will improve his social skills.

Starter Pokemon:
King, the ♂

King is a very active, energetic Piplup. Though he is very timid around Grass and Electric–type Pokémon, he is gentle around other Pokémon and humans. He hates to lose. King is often overconfident about things though, and this can cause losses for him. In his spare time, King likes to sleep.

Roleplay Sample:

Jonathan snoozed peacefully in his bed as the clock on the wall ticked and ticked, soon reaching 9:00. It was a typical Sunday for him; just sleeping in then hanging out with the two friends he had managed to make.

The clock went on for another 7 minutes, then Jonathan's sleep fest was interrupted by the buzzing of his cell phone. Half asleep, he put his hand on the "Answer" button then switched the phone onto speaker. An excited voice came through.

"Hey, Jonathan? It's me, Dario. I have a huge suprise for you and Ronny. Can you meet me at the Safari Zone?" Before Jonathan could respond, there was a click, meaning he had hung up.

Just a few days ago, when Barry turned 14, his parents finally allowed him to go to the Safari Zone. They also said that if he somehow managed to get a Poké Ball and actually catch a Pokémon, he could keep it. Jonathan's parents were extremely overprotective.

"Mom, I'm going to the Safari Zone!" he called. His mom was confused, as Jonathan couldn't afford the admittance, but still replied with, "Okay, dear,"

Jonathan raced to the Safari Zone, swiftly dodging any wild Pokémon that leaped at him. When he arrived, he saw his two friends Dario and Ronny standing by the gate.
"Over here!" Dario called, and Ronny was waving at him.

Jonathan approached the group, and when he arrived, Dario burst into conversation. He was only like that when he was excited, actually.

"So, now that we're all allowed to go into the Safari Zone, I have great news," he said. "Neither of you can afford to get in, right?"
Jonathan and Ronny both nodded.
"Well, I've been saving money from my job. Pays really well, just saying." Dario worked at a buisness that took care of Pokémon who were owned as pets. When their owners went away on vacation or something like that, they were typically put in the care of Pokécare Premium. He had been at the job for a couple of months.

"Well," he continued. "I got enough money to get all three of us admitted!"
The other two were sceptical, but then he pulled out his wallet, showing them the proof. Jonathan couldn't believe it. His dream was about to come true! He could finally go on a Pokémon journey! He could barely pay attention as they entered the Gate, and Dario, who was the most social out of the three, paid for the admittance.

Can't finish in one post because my 3ds has a character limit. For the rest of my sample, look at my post saying I'm done.

Roleplays I'm in:
Noah Viktons in Trumpets

Proud lover of Eevees
Old November 17th, 2013 (11:54 AM).
90FC3C
my hands are registered as weapons

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90FC3C View Post
Name: Curtis Moore
Pokégear Choice: Matrix

Appearance:

Curtis can best be described as looking rather ordinary. He's a fairly lanky 5'9" boy with blue eyes behind rectangular-framed glasses and dirty blond hair going down to his neck that likes to settle as a complete mess. As a result, it's usually hidden under a gray snap-back cap. He wears a red t-shirt and a black pair of jeans, as well as a pair of black sneakers. He carries a white-and-red bag similar to what most Pokémon Trainers have to hold items.

Personality:

Curtis will do anything he wants to as long as there isn't a good reason not to; he lives off of split-second decision-making and will refuse to show regret for anything he's done. Even if he knows he's made a mistake, he'll weasel his way out of it any way he can. He's not much of a talker, and will mostly ignore anyone who he really doesn't want to interact with, no matter how rude or eccentric he comes off as.

He's fascinated by anything unusual, and will go out of his way to investigate it; however, he does like to stay well within his comfort zone and has more than enough common sense not to end up in a bad situation. He's also a very logical thinker, and if there's any convention that he sees flaw in, he won't hesitate to voice his opinion.

Starter Pokémon: Buizel (female)

Curtis' Buizel is a very enthusiastic and bold fighter, not even caring what opponent she's up against. She's somewhat of a glass cannon, delivering loads of force but easily taken out by her opponent. After losing, she's still ready to get back up and try again, regardless of how bad the loss was. She also loves how warm Johto is compared to her native region of Sinnoh.

Roleplay Sample:

Spoiler:
Curtis Moore was on a ferry. It was a ferry that took people between Olivine and Cianwood, and he was going to the latter, completely on a whim - after all, he had nothing better to do that day. He hadn't been to Cianwood City in quite a while, and as he stood on the deck watching the wake behind him, he pondered what he would do once he got there.

Curtis always enjoyed Cianwood city; it felt like the good part of his hometown in Olivine stretched out over an entire city. He stepped off of the boat and took a look around. He was at a harbor, naturally, and buildings stood a couple hundred feet in front. To one side was a beach, and an airplane soared overhead. He took a look towards the beach and noticed something odd; there was a Pokémon there. It didn't look like one native to the Johto region, and it seemed hurt. Curtis rushed over to it without a second thought, almost falling a few times as the sand gave way to his sneakers. Taking a closer look, the Pokémon was an orange weasel-like creature that had probably picked a fight with a Krabby and lost. Quickly checking his Pokégear for the location of the nearest Pokémon center, Curtis picked up the creature and dashed to his destination.

The mysterious Pokémon flopped down on the Pokémon Center's counter as gently as Curtis could make it.

"I found this Pokémon washed up on the beach," he explained, "Could you help it, please?"

The nurse on the other side gave her usual professional smile. "Yes we can. If you'll come back in about three or four hours, it should be fully healed."

"Alright, thanks!"

"Thank you!"

As he exited the Center, Curtis noticed that the Cianwood Pokémon Lab was only a few buildings away, and decided to get some information on that Pokémon he found.

He entered the Lab, and the noise of the city around him instantly vanished; in its place were the whirring of fans and the clicking of keyboards, but they were relatively peaceful compared to what was outside. Professor Lyra was on the other side of the room. They exchanged greetings, and Curtis started to ask about the creature he had found on the beach.

He was informed that it was a Buizel; a water-type native to the Sinnoh region, and not supposed to be where it was. Lyra also explained the oddities going on in Johto, and the situation with the Pokémon poachers. It all ended with Curtis agreeing to help investigate what was going on.

A few hours later, he arrived back in the Pokémon Center, and left with his new Buizel in tow, going back to the harbor and getting on the ferry back to Olivine. After all, he was finally going to go on a Pokémon adventure.

(sorry about how rushed the second half of the sample was; I've been having trouble writing lately)
I hoped it would take me a few hours to finish it... it took me over a day. Oh well, at least I've done it semi-decently.
Old November 17th, 2013 (11:59 AM).
Lulu
Yep, that tasted purple.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90FC3C View Post
I hoped it would take me a few hours to finish it... it took me over a day. Oh well, at least I've done it semi-decently.

just finished reading and you're accepted ^-^
Here's your Buizel's info

Female/Water Veil
SonicBoom/Growl/Water Gun/Swift

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links