< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Main Series Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation RubySapphireEmerald Did you bother with Beldum?

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Reply Post Reply
Old February 16th, 2014 (3:18 PM).
Nature: Relaxed
I trained Beldum a little until i knew that he does't learn new attacks until he evolves at lvl 20

CHILE <3 <3
Old February 21st, 2014 (12:23 PM).
If all we have is time then we'll be alright
Silver Tier
Nature: Quiet
I actually did in my latest playthrough. I believe it was during the summer of 2012, where I was stuck away from home without any internet for about a week, so to pass the time I'd borrowed Sapphire and a GBA SP from one of my friends. Since there wasn't much to do in the post-game, I decided I wanted to catch and train some of the more rare Pokemon. So I got Beldum, and started training it. Not the most entertaining thing in the world, but I eventually evolved it into a Metang, though gave up on the whole task shortly after because it just took too long. So I've never actually owned a Metagross.

I also did the same thing with Bagon, but that's another story ;p
Join some clubs!

Old March 10th, 2014 (10:21 AM).
as i saw beldum the first time, i though wth a pokemon with only take down, but after a while i decided to give it a try, i got it evolved into a metacross with awsome attacks, thanks to him i was able to get a golden coin in the battle tower in pokemon emerald :D
Go Umbreon!!
Old March 12th, 2014 (9:55 AM).
I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat myself
I really like Metagross, its one of my favorite pokemon so naturally I evolved my Belldum :D Metagross really helped me out in the battle frontier!

Old March 15th, 2014 (3:25 PM).
3rd Gen Enthusiast
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Anguscr4p
I did, for an...interesting run I did of Sapphire one time.

Basically I had planned to try and solo the game with Blaziken, but along the way I revived Anorith and decided to train that. So I beat the E4 with those two, then found and caught Latias, and then grabbed Beldum and trained that too. Metagross is a world beater, and I just wish there were more games (well, hacks really) where it could be caught before beating the league.
Studious ROM Hacker

POKEMON EMERALD+ -coming soon
(Sometime in July...hopefully)

Wanna talk? Send me a PM!
Old March 16th, 2014 (2:45 AM).
The Lost one.
Crystal Tier
I got it for My pokedex.
I evolved it, And later on I transfered him to the box.
NP: Pokemon X
Fc: 1891-2073-5876

Timeghoul is absolute Awesomnes!
Old March 16th, 2014 (8:36 AM).
deez nuts!!!1!!!1!!!1!!
Gold Tier
Nature: Hasty
No. Whenever I (re)play a pokemon game, I have my team already built before I start playing. I like it better that way
Plus getting a level 5 pokemon when I have a team of level 50s is a bit useless, and I don't usually use legendaries or pseudo legendaries.

god damn it danny, another hack?

I've released four betas of two hacks. Click on my threads if you want to download.
Old March 29th, 2014 (10:52 AM).
Nature: Calm
I never actually used it before - Mainly because I've never actually like adding new team members to team after beating elite 4 and champion. I usually have full team of 6 by the end of the game and I'd have to move one of my strong pokemon in a box and switch it for something kinda weak with take down and low leveled - so I usually just get it for dex and nothing else.
I don't care about EV's or IV's - I play for fun not competitive.
I don't own consoles - I play on emulators on my computer.

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old April 1st, 2014 (5:23 AM).
Metagross is one hell of a badass. I trained it up to probably somewhere around level 80 so I used it quite a bit. Good memories.

Old April 2nd, 2014 (6:06 PM).
In Aeternum Ad Infinitum
Nature: Naughty
I did because then after I beat the game I traded it over to a new game to use at the beginning.
Old April 14th, 2014 (7:51 AM).
CEO of Boured Games
Gold Tier
Nature: Jolly
Yes I did because I wanted to keep Stevens promise
This signature has been disabled.
too tall, has to be 350px or less
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 14th, 2014 (10:19 PM).
Budding Beta-Tester
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Zaakeil
Yes! Mostly because Metagross is a silly strong Pokemon, but also because I thought Beldum was really cool. In one particular runthrough it became a crucial part of my team and eventually was transferred up like everyone else important.

Meteor Mash + Psychic + Earthquake + Hyper Beam

Two STABs, a 100 power, and a 150 power. Beastly, if you ask me. Also, a few PP Maxes never hurt anyone.

Old April 14th, 2014 (10:36 PM).
there are no lovers, only destroyers
Nature: Quiet
I didn't, but my best friend from grade school did, and he gave me the resulting Metagross. I trained it to be good in both battles and contests, and I have it to this day.

Old April 15th, 2014 (2:41 AM).
Now stand up and begin
Gold Tier
Never used it before, until my last playthrough of Emerald (which took from 2011-2013, lol). Finally gained the patience to train it, very glad I did. I EV'd my Swampert, Metagross and Latios and tore up Battle Frontier with them :D

Previously I'd just got bored of its weak attacks and given up - not surprising considering Emerald was obtained when I was about 10.
Old April 15th, 2014 (2:56 AM).
I did not no, should I next time?

Pokemon For PSP
Old April 26th, 2014 (7:36 PM).
Nature: Modest
I did, I really enjoyed the unique steel/psychic mix, and I thought it was awesome every time it used Meteor Mash.
Old April 26th, 2014 (8:34 PM).
I believe I just boxed it straight away :/ This was all of 9 years ago however, so I can't really remember xD
3DS Friend Code- 1375 - 8306 - 7472
Old April 27th, 2014 (11:15 AM).
Aerilate Thrasher
Silver Tier
Nature: Naive
Beldum is the reason why I always complete the game with only five Pokemon in my team. Metagross makes a very good physical attacker/wall for Battle Frontier challenges.

"All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
Old April 27th, 2014 (11:24 AM).
Yeah... I used it... Providing I didn't have to CATCH IT!!! Seriously, Nintendo and Gamefreak must have been high to give it a CATCH RATE OF 3!! Seriously, that's like catching a Mewtwo in the wild... In R/S/E, it was on Steven's table, so you didn't have to catch it, but... in hacks, no. Seriously, hackers, take note of this post, and please, for the love of Arceus, change it's catch rate! Metagross is one hell of a beast in the end, though!
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

If you're looking for a good time, or just want to chat, come over to Weloxux and I's channel at:

Old April 27th, 2014 (11:26 AM).
Evil Overlord
Platinum Tier
Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Cosmic Fury
I personally poured a rather crazy amount of time into obtaining and EV-training a Beldum I wanted, on my last playthrough. Since then, it became a core member of my team, and it waits until my friends can finally challenge me to a match.

On that moment, that very Metagross will be waiting for them...
The Tale of a Wanderer -- Reboot coming in the future

It's not all about the stats or the fight. It's all about who the characters are, and what they do.
Old April 27th, 2014 (11:54 AM).
Nature: Timid
i use exp share for dex then put it in the box
Old April 27th, 2014 (7:08 PM).
Nature: Timid
I bothered indeed. :-3 I loved Metagross and Steven so much back then so I just had to train it to become more like him, pffbaha. It was a royal pain to fully evolve but ultimately very worth it as Metagross was a force to be reckoned with.
Old April 28th, 2014 (12:55 AM).
Ancient Member
Nature: Adamant
I very much bothered. I spent countless hours training the thing, and I somehow fell in love with the Agility+Meteor Mash combination. Helped me a LOT in the Battle Frontier, mainly the Battle Dome.
The internal battery has run dry.
The game can be played.
However, clock-based events will no longer occur
Old May 22nd, 2014 (8:47 PM).
happy happy happy
Crystal Tier
Actually, no. I've played through Hoenn so many times over the years, and not once have I decided to take the burden of Beldum. Sure, Metagross would make the game a lot easier to complete from a battle standpoint, but there were other Pokemon I favored more in RSE. Now, if the line was introduced in Johto or Sinnoh, Beldum most certainly would have found a spot on my team!
Old May 22nd, 2014 (9:40 PM).
Be a role model
Crystal Tier
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
I like Metagross, but I never bothered to train Beldum. For one, you get him after defeating the Champion and it was more of a pain than anything to train him to a high level that far into the game. Also, Beldum doesn't learn any new attacks until level 20 and only becomes strong after evolving into Metagross. Besides Bagon, Beldum probably took the longest to train in RSE. If he was introduced earlier on in the game, I may have used him.
When you're having a bad day, just keep going.

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links