Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge
Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 23rd, 2013, 03:51 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill

Advertise here
Agreed that we don't have the activity for a subsection for non-Pokemon works, really. And the prefixes are there to help you sort through stuff (you should also be able to just search for fics with a specific prefix which would remove the trouble of sorting through them).

No to mod approval too imo - as said, it's not a problem right now (nor is implemented on active forums either), and the report button is already available for fics to be raised for breaking rules.

Old November 23rd, 2013, 04:29 PM
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
It's not the ones that get closed I'm talking about. It's the three paragraphs of, excuse a lack of a better word, crap. Or the person that doesn't know how to format, or use dialogue punctuation, etc.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 04:42 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
But these are still far and few between, aren't they? And they can benefit from members giving feedback too, as opposed to a need for Slayr to close the thread and take time out to address them, while the forum appears less active as a result to everyone else.

Old November 23rd, 2013, 07:20 PM
Nolafus
Aspiring Writer, or something...

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX0990 View Post
It's not the ones that get closed I'm talking about. It's the three paragraphs of, excuse a lack of a better word, crap. Or the person that doesn't know how to format, or use dialogue punctuation, etc.
If the fic obviously shouts that the writer thought that they would decide to write a story, thought about it, wrote it out, and uploaded it all within five minutes, I will close the thread. If it happens multiple times a day, I will then put up moderator approval.

I'd much rather work with a "crappy" writer and help them out rather than just shove them away. I'm speaking from personal experience because my first fic that I posted didn't have any formatting whatsoever. No indents, no spacing between paragraphs and dialogue, nothing except spaces between words and punctuation. If it weren't for the kind words of a few people, I would have given up writing forever. That's why I find it hard to lock writing threads and I'm willing to work with people. You never know just how much they'll appreciate in the long run.
Proud Moderator of Fan Fiction and Writing
PC SisterPair
Previously, Slayr231
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here