Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page [Pokémon] The Gijinka Project [M] [Signups/OOC]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old December 2nd, 2013 (02:22 PM). Edited December 24th, 2013 by tenthcompanion.
Glass Cannon

Nature: Quirky
I got here just in time! I'm working on my SU right this very minute and I should have it done soon. Sorry to hold everyone up, I'll be done soon I promise.

My SU (Complete!):
Spoiler:
Name: Nissha Waters

Pokemon Species: Blaziken

Personality: Nissha is the epitome of the strong, silent type. She is perfectly content not saying a word for hours on end. After a hard day's work she would often sit quietly at home and read a book rather than go out to a bar with friends. This isn't to say that she doesn't like people, she just doesn't feel the need to small-talk or gossip with them all the time. Conversations with her don't have to necessarily be deep or meaningful, but she will not talk just for the sake of talking. She is also very athletic and loves to go to the gym or jog around the block to stay in shape.

At first, Nissha is somewhat shy around strangers but warms up to them after spending some time with them. She is incredibly loyal to her friends and will defend them with all of her ability. She strives to fight for what is right and not what is easy. She upholds honesty, trustworthiness and courage - she will not tolerate liars. Say what you want or don't say anything at all, but if you are deceitful don't expect Nissha to be on your side. Once she has a grudge against someone it is very difficult to get rid of.

Appearance: As a gijinka, Nissha stands at around 6'5" just like a wild Blaziken. Her once-black hair has turned a sort of cream colour and falls all the way down to her waist. Short streaks of bright red hair grow above her ears and the top of her forehead. She also has a pair of very small horns growing out in a v-shape from where her forehead meets her hairline.

Her dark skin remains mostly unchanged except for the greyness that colours her limbs. The skin on her hands and up 3/4 of her forearms is now an inhuman light grey. Three thin black rings encircle her forearms and the ones nearest her wrists can produce flames. Her fingers have become slightly clawlike but still retain most of their human shape. Her feet and lower legs are the same shade of grey almost like she's permanently wearing grey, knee-high socks. A thin black ring around her ankles can also produce flames.

Nissha will wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt to cover up the strange grey colouring that has mutated onto her arms and legs. She wears a comfortable pair of dark blue slip-on converse sneakers that are her favourite pair. She also sports a pair of fingerless gloves to cover her hands (because her claw like fingers would pierce through normal gloves).

Background: Nissha was raised in a military household, her father being in the army and her mother being in the navy. As such, she was raised in a very strict manner. Both her parents were very no-nonsense and did not tolerate any bad or rebellious behaviour. However the disciplinarian style of parenting did not mean that she was unloved. Both of her parents loved her very much, but Nissha always found that she was closest to her mother. Especially after what her father did. While she was away at boarding school, her mother wrote to her saying that she and her father were getting a divorce. He had been cheating on her for almost a year now and had finally been caught sneaking around. Nissha was devastated. After all her father had taught her about honesty and doing the right thing. At that moment she became even more determined to succeed where her father had failed: to live the best life possible and to teach others to do the same. She was about to be deployed for the first time before she was kidnapped while taking a quick jog in the evening.

Features - Positive:
  • She can throw fireballs with her punches and kicks.
  • Her physical strength is incredible, even for a gijinka. (After all, Blaziken is one of the top 50 strongest Pokemon.)
  • Her powerful legs allow her to perform a 4 ft. vertical jump from standing. She can also run and leap very high.

Features - Negative:
  • She is currently unable to control her fire attacks. Sometimes her punches will result in no fire and sometimes the air in front of the punch will explode abruptly.
  • She doesn't quite know her own strength anymore. Patting a friend on the back could result in them having a bruise later.
  • Whatever produces the fire in her new body can sometimes cause her to overheat when she experiences strong emotions, especially anger.

Roleplay sample:
Spoiler:
Inside her mind, she could hear Zephyr trying to convince her to flee. "Allegra, the guards are distracted. I don't know why they're distracted, but does it matter? If we're going to get out of here, now would be a pretty good time, don't you think?"

The girl sighed, but knew that Zephyr was right. When would they get another opportunity like this? In a year? In ten years? Allegra didn't want to stay in this place for another day, let alone another year. She examined the window to her room once more, but noted with disappointment that the gaps between bars were too small even for her to squeeze through. Guess the only way out was the front door. Crouching down, Allegra peered through the crack between the bottom of the door and the floor. From here she could see the boots of one guard pacing back and forth. 'Lucky,' she thought to herself. 'There's only one today.'

Okay. Now for the actual escape plan. Getting up from her crouched position, she stood a little ways away from the door and thought. She needed the guard to unlock the door to her room. That was the only way out. But how would she make him do that? She could feign injury or sickness... But there was no guarantee the guard would even care enough to come check on her. In all likelihood, he probably wouldn't care at all. Hmm... What if she had suddenly gone feral or something? He would probably have to come in to subdue her, right? Or maybe kill her... No. That wouldn't happen if she was fast enough.

Allegra changed into her fusion form, growing two long yellow ears and a stubby little tail. Her eyes became pure black and she could feel the electricity running through her body. Mustering up all her courage, she used Agility to make herself faster and put on her best 'crazy-feral-pokespirit' act. Screaming, growling, sending jolts of electricity across the room. She could hear the guard as he came up to her door and opened up the little sliding window to see what was happening. He took out what Allegra recognized as a tranquilizer gun and brought it to the opening. With ease, she electrocuted the metal device, causing it to break and for him to drop it in pain. He swore under his breath and fiddled with the keys on his belt. 'I can handle this one little kid,' he thought. 'I'm much stronger than she is. I'll just get some cuffs on her and this'll be over and done with.'

The guard's inexperience and desire to impress his superiors cost him dearly that day. As soon as he opened the door, Allegra let loose a Thunder Wave and he fell to the ground, paralyzed. Not wanting him to recover and spread the word of her escape, she pulled him farther into the room, took his keys and left him in what used to be her prison cell. Right before she left the room, she turned back and looked him right in the eyes. "You're lucky to be alive, you know. I could have killed you in a second, easy. But I'm not a bully like you. I don't kill people. It's wrong and you know it is. So instead I'm just gonna lock you up in here while you wait for the paralysis to wear off. See how you like being trapped, scared, and helpless." Having said what she needed to, she locked the door behind her and smiled. She did feel a bit bad for paralyzing him, but still... that was kind of fun.
Old December 2nd, 2013 (02:36 PM).
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!

Send a message via Skype™ to Songbird
That is the most detailed, well thought out and articulate SU I've ever seen in my entire life.
Old December 2nd, 2013 (04:45 PM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
Glad to have you aboard Everything looks good to me so Nissha is accepted!
Old December 2nd, 2013 (10:08 PM).
Magical Evil Role Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Rune Alchemist
Luxray, Luxray... You know, in my first playthrough of Diamond, I couldn't help but think that it was a Dark-type.

Just like how I used to think that Mightyena is a Normal Type.

Also, the Fairy-type matchup is making my head spin. I thought it was strong against Fire-types
Old December 2nd, 2013 (10:12 PM).

It is not. Rather, Fire types are resistant to Fairies.
Old December 2nd, 2013 (10:18 PM).
Magical Evil Role Player

Speaking of Fire-types and mega evolutions, I'm surprised none of the players chose Charizard, and that we have an even distribution between Dark, Ghost, and Psychic types.
Old December 3rd, 2013 (01:57 AM).
Eternally Hungry

Nature: Relaxed
There we go, fixed the little issues that cropped up. Yeah, the horns are tiny, as in they're rather flat and round, but pointy at the end. Basically stereotypical horns, except less curvy and short enough to be covered by hair. It's stated that Mawile's back jaws were originally horns, and as the first set of Gijinka, it's probably appropriate if they start small instead of popping out suddenly, in full size.

As for the thing with Mawilite, I decided to just get rid of it to keep from complicating things too much. Please tell me if there's anything more to fix or clarify.

Old December 3rd, 2013 (09:10 AM).
That One Guy

Nature: Lonely
Hey I would like to save a spot,My su will be up later
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover" - Mark Twain

Old December 3rd, 2013 (12:54 PM).
Silver Tier

Alright then, everything looks good; Stella is approved!

And @Karma sure, that's fine. As seen below we will be waiting a few days to start.

To everyone due to technical problems on my computer my attitude to my upcoming assignment deadline has changed from "Bugger, this is gonna be close" to a sentiment that PC's censoring would only allow me to express by gratuitous use of the asterisk symbol. Basically, I'm screwed and in an attempt to not fail the course the next few days are going to be taken up entirely by working. As such I'm going to delay the start of the RP by a few days - a week at most - so I can actually give my full attention to it when we get started.
Old December 3rd, 2013 (02:52 PM).
Eternally Hungry

Nature: Relaxed
Um, for consistency in the first post, I just want to point out that Sovereign changed names to Nebula, and that for some reason, Sir Bastian's name is listed as "Sir Bastain". That's all.

Old December 3rd, 2013 (03:34 PM).
Silver Tier

*derp*

I'll fix those, get you added to the list as well
Old December 3rd, 2013 (06:14 PM).

So you know, Karma, there's a problem with your SU:

Quote originally posted by Manska:
I'm increasing the overall amount of slots to 10, leaving three slots free for newcomers. However, for these new slots the types dark, psychic and ghost are banned. If your desired pokemon is primarily a different type and half one of those then I might allow it, VM me or something.
Old December 3rd, 2013 (06:27 PM).
Silver Tier

Just chiming in to say that Song is correct, you'll need to change the pokemon to something not one of those types. Other than that your SU looks good and I'll accept you once you change the pokemon.
Old December 3rd, 2013 (06:38 PM).
That One Guy

Oh
Didn't see that...Well what do i do?
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover" - Mark Twain

Old December 3rd, 2013 (06:45 PM).
Silver Tier

Well like I said aside from being a non allowed pokemon your SU was good. If you still want to take part then just resubmit it as a different pokemon and you're good
Old December 3rd, 2013 (06:47 PM). Edited December 3rd, 2013 by KarmaOver9000.
That One Guy

(Changed pokemon, just had to edit his appearance and features)

Name: Samuel Peark
Pokemon Species: Electivire
Personality: Mild, Quiet, Depressing and overall average. Samuel Peark is ordinary and smart. He's socially inactive and hard to please.

These are the word's that end up at Samuel's doorstep. He is the businessman with clean cut hair, tie, suit and shiny black boots. Samuel is the average person. He goes to work he comes home he eats, he naps, and restarts the day every single morning for the rest of his life.
You could say he is a rather incompetent imbecile who knows nothing of his human nature only able to solve equations, formulas and facts and is the man who wonders at night if his life was really important.

He is serious, mild mannered and quite atrocious to the quirky and outgoing. Sam is all this and more, but there's something in his eyes that the person on the street cannot see. Theres something that makes him stick out of all the others. In his eyes theres hope, the likes of which no one person can see, but if you look closely you feel a much more different soul in Samuel. A much more powerful strong individual, not by strength, or by smarts, but hope.

This makes anyone feel drawn to him, he is thought to be the usual coward, the one to run away when the going get's tough and the matters are out of his hands. He is, however, the complete opposite of that man. If i could describe Samuel in anyway, It would be this; He is not a runner, He is not cold heartless or cruel, but he is a man of silent kindness, a man of overwhelming responsibility and he always feels the weight of the world is crashing down on him. He is courageous, he is cunning, but most of all; Samuel Peark, Is hopeful

He believes that there is something beautiful out there waiting to be achieved. Its just only a matter of time before he reaches out and grabs it.

Appearance: Samuel has yellow hair and deep red eyes with dark black pupils. The one thing that makes him stick out is the two wires that protrude from his back. His skin has not changed that much besides when touched might not always shock someone but if touched be wary. His stomach is also a lighter shade of yellow with the original electivire Black and red striped running to his chest.

Samuels Lean not bulky, he is a very cautious person and does not like being followed by others unless he knows they will not backstab him.

Background: When Samuel was born his father was a malicious drunk who didn't care about his own wife and often it was domestic violence he turned too. His father was a veteran from team galactic one of the highest ranking members next to the lead scientist there. Eventually he was taken to jail by the sinnoh police department after being recognized as a war criminal along with Cyrus. From then on Samuel grew up in a loving household of two, him and his mother.

Samuel was never expected of anything, he did his chores, he made his bed, and he went to school. Homeschool that is, His mother had one job at a market and it was not stable enough to pay for school. When Samuel turned 18 his mother had died in a car crash after being fired from her job breaking Samuel's heart. He lost a grip on life and hurled into a state of absolute depression. He was taken into an orphanage and was the kid who sat in the corner. Eventually he was adopted by the Pearks family.

Samuel was scarred so much he forgot his middle and last name. Eventually taking a role as a Peark.
He went to good schools and helped out the family as much as he could. Two years later he was convinced to go to a college party. There he saw people ruining there lives. Flushing whatever there parents had done for them down the drain. Drinking laughing and even prostitution. 20 year old men danced around drunkenly it was sick. He left the party as quick as he could and returned to his dorm.

3 years later, Samuel Graduated from college with a Masters Degree and a top IQ of 190 and more common sense than anyone. Samuel went to live on his life as a Scientist for "Sinnoh Revolutions" One of the biggest companies in Sinnoh, He never got married and he never explored the world, tied to what he became.

One morning Samuel got in his car and a hand grabbed for his mouth with a handkerchief that smelled of Chloroform in which the heavy diagnosis knocked him out. He was put in a body bag and dragged away. No one knows what happened to him.

Features - Positive:
-He is able to extend his wires from his back and electrocute incoming enemies
-He is also able to overcharge security systems and operate them wirelessly
this ditto's with anything electrical
Features - Negative:
-If angry his wires will produce a 12,000 volt shock to the air around him ranging to 5-8 meters.
-Applying to logic he cannot touch water, it will short him out.

Roleplay sample:

Spoiler:
A few miles from Celestic town lay a one story average house. The house you would see from walking down the streets of Oreburgh, or Sandgem. Inside this house lay a man. This man was Samuel Peark a quiet average fellow probably the smartest in the region.

As the sun shined through his windows he could feel a sense of reiteration after first opening his eyes once again to go to work.
He coughed putting on his underwear and pants wrapping his tie over his plaid shirt and eventually putting on his jacket.
Sam made a bowl of cereal and quietly ate it. Alone at his table once again, but he had wondered, something was off about today, he felt something was going to happen.

He shrugged it off and got up picking up his briefcase and walked out the door, eventually opening the car door getting in. Suddenly a handkerchief was placed over his nose and mouth pushing him back against the seat, he coughed and a voice whispered in his ear "Sh sh...its going to be alright..." Samuel slowly closed his eyes, his body trying to recover from shock. There was a beep in the back of the car presumably from a phone The voice spoke once again "Yeah, sir. We have him."

Old December 3rd, 2013 (11:38 PM).
Quantum
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by soranium21:
Um, for consistency in the first post, I just want to point out that Sovereign changed names to Nebula, and that for some reason, Sir Bastian's name is listed as "Sir Bastain". That's all.
What? Why does everyone keep calling me Bastain? D: It's BASTIAN! Like in SeBASTIAN! Like the crab!
art by Churaka
Old December 4th, 2013 (01:52 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
Like bastiodon? Or ba*****? lol jk. I'm surprised nobody has made fighting types yet You should have capped it off at 1 person per type (in effect that would make 18 people)
it would make sense really, the scientists would have wanted to tests each type right?

Old December 4th, 2013 (05:20 AM).
Glass Cannon

I was actually considering changing the Pokemon Nissha is fused with. I'm not really feeling electric type with her character anymore. I mostly went with Luxray for it's appearance. Might change it when I get home from work later today
Old December 4th, 2013 (05:37 AM).
Magical Evil Role Player

For the other types... Let's just say that the subjects were less than lucky, okay?

By the way, noticed some typo on mine. Like my positive trait being "an Invincible Barrier" instead of "Invisible", that would be a cheat. Thanks for Sora for pointing that out. Oh, and I forgot to add that Velvette lost two brothers, as her mother gave birth still-born.
Old December 4th, 2013 (05:36 PM).
Glass Cannon

Okie doke, officially changed Nissha's Pokemon to Blaziken. I wanted her to have a more hand-to-hand combat style. She's a martial artist whenever I use her as a character so this makes more sense.
Old December 4th, 2013 (08:53 PM).
That One Guy

I chose electivire, I dont know why I just felt that a big pokemon would fit him well.

Old December 5th, 2013 (02:08 AM).
Quantum
Silver Tier

Okay, looks like our typings are a tad more diverse now :3 Cool. I can't wait to get started! And I -bet- they're going to break off into minimum two groups the moment they're outside
art by Churaka
Old December 5th, 2013 (02:40 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
I know for a fact Roku is just going to stay quiet and follow the groups thats closest, but never talk. Haha he can be your personal stalker x3

Old December 18th, 2013 (06:39 PM).
The Queen of Shinx

Are you guys still open? Can I reserve a spot?
Shiny Eevee Progress:
113 eggs
3DS XL FC: 1993 8443 3387 Pokemon Y IGN: Alice Dragon Type Safari (rare still unknown)
Badges:

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)