The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old December 19th, 2013 (03:31 AM).
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Ooh, possibly a new person! Hey there Ribbon :3 I don't think there should be an issue with it, but we gotta wait for our lord and saviour GM to make a decision. What kind of Pokémon would you be a gijinka of?
When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk
Old December 19th, 2013 (04:59 AM).
Manska
Community Supporter Tier 1

Hey there Yeah we've still got some slots open, though if you want to be involved from the very stat of the rp you'll need to get your SU in soonish since the IC has just started.
Old December 19th, 2013 (10:14 AM). Edited December 19th, 2013 by Ribbon.
Ribbon
The Queen of Shinx

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Bastian View Post
Ooh, possibly a new person! Hey there Ribbon :3 I don't think there should be an issue with it, but we gotta wait for our lord and saviour GM to make a decision. What kind of Pokémon would you be a gijinka of?
Probably a Sylveon, but maybe a Whimsicott or a Drifblim.

And thanks. I'll be posting my SU today. I'm going to try and finish it up before I begin work. (:

Sorry for double posting but here is my SU. Feel free to point out anything you might want me to change. (:
By the way, I can't wait to post.~

Name:
Lyra Gales
Pokemon Species: Sylveon

Personality: Before her abduction, Lyra was a girl who longed for adventures in her life. She has a curious and intuitive personality, which is often tied for a passion of the unknown. Due to living her life like a trapped bird, Lyra wants to make the best of her current life.

She is the first person to run head-strong into any given situation, without contemplating the consequences first. She hardly looks back at her past, and concentrates on moving forward. She seems rather friendly and open-minded. In her point-of-view, the new changes might be for the better because she might have a chance to live the lifestyle she’s always wanted. She isn’t easily scared, but she cries easily. She really hates it when people call her things like reckless, stupid or irresponsible, especially if they know next to nothing about her past.

Some people view Lyra as optimistic to a fault, but she simply views the drastic changes in her life as an opportunity to change herself and attain goals and dreams she could have never attained before. Because Lyra was never given the chance to live for herself, she can also be a selfish in her desires. She also sometimes gets nagging feelings that people want to trap her again, and therefore can get a little paranoid at developing close relationships.

Appearance:
Lyra is a petite and shorter than average girl. On first look, she appears to be no more than 14-15 years old. Before being abducted, she used to have light brown hair with mossy green eyes. However, that is now in the past. Due to her gijinka form: her whole appearance changed drastically.

The most striking feature on Lyra’s newly changed appearance is those misty blue eyes of hers. They are large and rounded, giving others the impression of Lyra being a younger teenager. She has milky white skin with a light pink undertone, and therefore having rosy cheeks and shoulders. Lyra’s hair is light pink and she mostly wears it down. Occasionally she may bring it up into two high ponytails. Her hair seems fully and vibrant, and she has two natural blue streaks towards the front of her hair. She looks as though she is always wearing a light pink bow in her hair. Do not mistake it for a simple hair accessory; however, as the bow is very much connected to her body, along with the two long ribbon-like strands that seem to mystically float on their own. These “feelers” can be manipulated at will, like an extra pair of arms or hands.

Around her neck, is another one of those “feelers” that seem very ribbon-like. Again, these move at will as though they were a natural extension of her body. Lyra’s body is slender and yet elegant. Her body type is like the ideal body of a ballerina: petite, flexible and graceful. Behind herself, she has a medium-length furry, pink tail. The tail, unlike her “feelers”, doesn’t seem to move much besides the occasional twitch.

Background: Lyra was born and raised in the Kalos region. Due to her father’s job, she spent her whole life wandering Kalos and moving around. Lyra had no siblings, an ill mother and her father was considerably strict due to Lyra’s weaker than average immune system. Lyra wasn’t allowed to leave home without wearing a face mask to protect her from pollution and gas fumes, due to her illness.

She was home-schooled and did not attend any outside classes; she was literally a trapped bird in a cage. Her father was too anxious and nervous to let her outside and it only seemed to get worst once her mother passed away from illness when she was eight years old. Lyra and her mother shared the same problem: a weak immune system. Lyra’s father, completely devastated, swore that he would protect Lyra from any harm. Because of this, he became even stricter and forced Lyra to stay home at all times.

Lyra spent her childhood and teen years completely alone. She longed for the outside world, and as a result spent her years reading novels of adventure and fantasy. This was the only place she felt happy. When she turned 18, she received a text message from an unknown sender.

It stated, “Hello Lyra Gales. I see you long for a life of adventures and excitement. I do too. If you meet me by the forest, south of Laverre City: I’ll show you a life you never would have expected.”

A normal person would be skeptical of such a message, but as far as Lyra was concerned: anything was better than in her miserable home with her equally as miserable father. She packed her things and never looked back. She made her way across the city, which she was temporarily living in, and headed south.

Since that day, she has been filed as missing. Nobody has found traces of her anywhere.

Features - Positive:
- Like a Sylveon, she utilizes her ribbon-like feelers to induce an inner calming feeling to those whom she touches.
- Under the power of the moon, Lyra’s healing abilities and powers double in power.
- She can heal herself or allies with minor wounds, and moderate wounds when the moon is out.
- Sylveon can drain the energy of enemies if she comes into contact with them.
- Lyra can control pure moon-based power if she is exposed to the moon in the last 48 hours. These “moon-based” powers can be put into the form of beams of light or small blasts.
- Lyra can also bring up barriers, such as Light Screen, to reflect special based damage.
- She is almost immune to dragon type powers, although not completely.
Features - Negative:
- She is very susceptible to poisoning of any form, whether it is in a gas form or liquid form. It if manages to enter her body, she can fall very ill quickly.
- Her power weakens the longer she hasn’t been exposed to direct moonlight.
- Medicine does not always work with her, and may actually cause poisoning instead.
- Her feelers are extremely sensitive and if they get injured in any way, this may cause paralysis due to the pain.
- Because she did not develop Sylveon’s large ears, she has her human ones still, and therefore her hearing is only as good as a human’s hearing.

Roleplay sample:
Spoiler:
My feet practically carried themselves to the top of the stairs, as my heart and mind were all jumbled with fear, confusion and anxiety. I heard my own voice call out my sister’s name, but it sounded distant, as though I wasn’t really experiencing it.
The scene that lay out before me was terrifying. My father, a person who had shown nothing but love and affection was clutching my sister’s neck against the wall of the living room. I could see the heaving of his back, steady with his heavy breathing. His usual dark brown locks of hair were always placed in a neat fashion. At this point in time, his hair was wild and messy as though he has just woken up. My sister, Karolyne, was struggling against his grip. There was a small trickle of blood where her nails dug into his hand as she pleaded for freedom.
“I will kill you, daughter of Rainsworth,” my father’s tone was cold and menacing. It didn’t sound like him at all, “I will kill you all!”
The room echoed with laughter and struggling with my inner fear, I was unable to move. I caught a glimpse of my sister’s golden eyes that seemed to melt with gentle and kind feelings when she looked at me. I saw her mouth out, “Go Axel and save mom.”
Shiny Eevee Progress:
113 eggs
3DS XL FC: 1993 8443 3387 Pokemon Y IGN: Alice Dragon Type Safari (rare still unknown)
Badges:

Old December 19th, 2013 (01:44 PM).
Manska

Everything looks good there, Accepted!
Old December 19th, 2013 (07:29 PM).
Ribbon
The Queen of Shinx

Thanks! I really look forward to making my starting post. I'm going to read the bios first, though. Heheh.~
Shiny Eevee Progress:
113 eggs
3DS XL FC: 1993 8443 3387 Pokemon Y IGN: Alice Dragon Type Safari (rare still unknown)
Badges:

Old December 19th, 2013 (10:24 PM).
pikakip
The original DarkHeart

Are there still slots? I would like to make an su if there are.
Sisters: Kyuu-chan and Strikit
Cousin: Nideous
Old December 20th, 2013 (12:48 AM).
Songbird
Conductor of the POOP TRAIN!

Send a message via Skype™ to Songbird
Engage, incredibly crappy first post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikakip View Post
Are there still slots? I would like to make an su if there are.
There should technically be one left.
Old December 20th, 2013 (04:50 AM).
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

Send a message via Skype™ to Rune Alchemist
Just a note to the others, the laptop I'm using right now for the Winter break doesn't have Skype, so I'll probably be asking Sora to ask as a mediator.

Hah... I can't wait to get my own.

As a side note, I wonder how many Yuri Pairings this RP will have? -looks at each player's Siggy-
Old December 20th, 2013 (06:12 AM).
Ribbon
The Queen of Shinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Alchemist View Post
Just a note to the others, the laptop I'm using right now for the Winter break doesn't have Skype, so I'll probably be asking Sora to ask as a mediator.

As a side note, I wonder how many Yuri Pairings this RP will have? -looks at each player's Siggy-
I'm not sure if that was also aimed towards me. But my signature isn't actually Yuri. The person with pink hair is a dude.~

That said...
I do love me some yuri.
Shiny Eevee Progress:
113 eggs
Badges:

Old December 20th, 2013 (06:22 AM). Edited December 20th, 2013 by Songbird.
Songbird

I can see where Rune confused yours, but don't forget about Lili's and mine. :3 Mine's cuter, though. Ignore that. It's true. Shut up.
Old December 20th, 2013 (06:40 AM).
Ribbon
The Queen of Shinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird View Post
I can see where Rune confused yours, but don't forget about Lili's and mine. :3 Mine's cuter, though. Ignore that. It's true. Shut up.
I agree. Haha. Shipped Marisa and Alice a long time ago.
I love Touhou.
Shiny Eevee Progress:
113 eggs
Badges:

Old December 20th, 2013 (06:54 AM).
Manska

Song is correct, there is currently one slot remaining open, I'll consider it reserved for you pikakip
Old December 20th, 2013 (10:18 AM).
tenthcompanion
Glass Cannon

So gijinka are stronger than average humans and can move things and lift people without a problem. What if you're one of the strongest Pokemon out there? Would a Blaziken-morph be able to lift a car or something? I just want to figure out what my/Nissha's limits are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Alchemist View Post

As a possible point of interest, Nissha loves the ladies.
Old December 20th, 2013 (10:30 AM).
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird View Post
You gave up the right to say what's cuter yuri when you claimed that boys are cuter than girls.

So sayeth the wise lesbian.
Old December 20th, 2013 (03:44 PM).
Manska

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthcompanion View Post
So gijinka are stronger than average humans and can move things and lift people without a problem. What if you're one of the strongest Pokemon out there? Would a Blaziken-morph be able to lift a car or something? I just want to figure out what my/Nissha's limits are.
There is a base increase in strength that all Gijinka get, but after that it depends on the pokemon; i.e. a Machamp-morph could toss cars about like nobodies business but a Bunneary-Morph might have problems there. Looking as Blaziken I'd say Nissha would be quite a bit stronger than most Gijinka with her arms, but her legs would be a lot stronger since that's what Blaziken are known for. So while she probably couldn't lift a car I imagine Nissha could shunt it a good distance with a good kick, and she could match even the fastest human for running speed without breaking a sweat.
Old December 21st, 2013 (01:39 AM).
pikakip
The original DarkHeart

Thanks Manska, I'll have an SU up soon unless something gets in the way.
Sisters: Kyuu-chan and Strikit
Cousin: Nideous
Old December 22nd, 2013 (08:34 AM).
Carnivore Chie
A Total Meatatarian

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Carnivore Chie
Are sign-ups for this still open, by any chance?

"You need to eat more meat!"
Old December 22nd, 2013 (02:39 PM).
Manska

Go ahead and make a SU Alby :3

Be aware I'm on holiday so it might take me a while to grab a bars wifi and respond. Also please make sure you double check the Gijinka Guide section of the op when designing your character, a few people have misread that so far.
Old December 22nd, 2013 (04:34 PM).
Ribbon
The Queen of Shinx

I'm just letting you guys know that I have a lot going on right now (working crazy hours, my friend's birthday and then christmas). So I might not have time to post in a little bit.

I hope I don't miss too much, also I hope I don't bother you guys with this. ):

Shiny Eevee Progress:
113 eggs
Badges:

Old December 22nd, 2013 (05:12 PM).
tenthcompanion
Glass Cannon

So I was going to post today but I now have the flu. Super Christmas funtimes. I'm hoping to feel better tomorrow and post then.
Old December 25th, 2013 (12:48 PM).
Carnivore Chie
A Total Meatatarian

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Carnivore Chie
Name: Sylvia Kemp

Pokemon Species: Glaceon

Personality: Sylvia was born into a rather wealthy family. She was born an only child, and her parents often went off on business trips and outings that left her behind in their mansion in the care of family servants and the like. To add to this situation, Sylvia was often given most anything she wanted when growing up and dealt with little to no discipline when growing up. As one might expect this led to the girl growing up to be somewhat spoiled and snobby, as well as a rather sheltered outlook on life.

Sylvia has never had to do without. When she wants something done, she expects it done right now. She is not used to having to do anything for herself, and is usually not used to having to fend for herself. On top of this, she seems to form her opinions of others rather quickly, usually holding most below her social standard as a bother or just more hired help.

Appearance: After her transformation, Sylvia's appearance changed drastically. Her once flawless, silky white skin took on a pale shade of blue. Her long, flowing blonde hair grew short, with two long bangs on each side of her face. Her locks also changed to a dark blue color. Her teeth have changed, becoming rather pointy and canine-like. Oddly enough, she is also sporting a blue tail and set of pointy, rather long ears. Sylvia has a rather slender build, while still retaining the curves one would find attractive in a female. Although she was a bit on the shorter side, standing at just 5'2" before her transformation, she has grown since now reaching an even six feet tall. Sylvia oddly enough still retained her emerald-green eyes from her days as an ordinary human girl.

Background: Born into the wealthy Kemp family, Sylvia is the sole child of a business-headed father and mother. The two were often busy with their companies while the child was growing up, so as a result she was often left in the hands of the hired help instead of being truly cared for by her mother and father. The two did have some guilt in this matter, so the girl was often showered with gifts, toys, and the like to compensate for the two rarely being around.

Such an upbringing led to Sylvia being a rather bratty and spoiled girl. She learned that she was able to pretty much get anything she wanted because of her parents guilt, and such a habit led to her developing somewhat of a superiority complex. She grew to see herself as being better than everyone around her and that she always had or must have the best of anything that money could buy. This sort of attitude has still been carried with her to this day, as she prepares to become the heiress of her parents' company.

The only true friend she had in life was a pet Glaceon her father had brought home from one of his trips in the Sinnoh region, and she often took the Pokemon with her everywhere. At least, that was the case up until she mysteriously disappeared late one night after leaving a dinner party...

Features - Positive:
She's able to generate ice and is able to control it to a small extent.

She is able to handle severe arctic-like temperatures and adapt to severe cold as if it is a second nature for her.

Her new ears allow her to hear much better than normal, allowing her an increased sound detection of sorts.

Features - Negative:
Sylvia cannot handle hot temperatures well. The warmer a room is, the more body acts up, causing her to act as if she's ill.

Her body temperature is so low, that is often harmful for one to touch her cold skin.

With her new hearing, very loud sounds effect her negatively, outright hurting her.
Old December 26th, 2013 (12:15 PM).
Manska

Acceptamundo :3

25charactersPls
Old February 7th, 2014 (07:30 PM).
Creedsgink

Nature: Impish
Can i join the this RP, or are all the slots filled barring me from a char creation?
Old February 7th, 2014 (07:32 PM).
Songbird

Holy crap, there's an interested person!

Sponsored Links