The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 27th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Anime/manga is my guilty pleasure. And then if im amongst anime fans, black butler is my guilty pleasure.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old December 29th, 2013, 11:13 AM
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

Nature: Relaxed
When watching anime, I always go with the dubs. I just don't really like reading and witching tv at the same time.

Publius Enigma

Old December 29th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria
The Veteran

Nature: Quiet
For me it's the anime series Higurashi. When watching this particular show I want to make sure there's nobody else around and if there are others nearby I put no less than 3 separate locks on my room just to be safe because when I put this on my emotions more or less go into overdrive whether it be from watching one of the character's breakdowns leading to homicidal levels of rage that makes me want to thank the gods for providing me with such entertainment or from watching some of the more serious episodes of the show reminding me of certain parts of my childhood to where I feel like bursting into tears at times. I've watched my fair share of anime over the years but none so far have ever gotten me so emotionally attached like Higurashi did and still does to this day.

Long story short, those feels man.

Also, KissXSis.

Let the game begin.

Last edited by Ephemeral Euphoria; December 29th, 2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old December 31st, 2013, 10:24 AM
Wazee Wynkoop
New Start!

Anime and Pokémon, two of my biggest interests, are my guilty pleasures. My friends know I'm into them and are fine with it, but you won't see me being open about that to other people.

And Kesha. She's trashy, her lyrics are trashy, she uses trashy amounts of autotune, but I enjoy it all.

~Sa-Dui~
Old December 31st, 2013, 10:51 AM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure

To be honest, as someone who likes a large variety of music, it's quite hard to say I have many "guilty pleasures". I think Lady Gaga is probably one of my biggest, I both admire her work, and hate pop at the same time. Which is a complete contradiction. I guess you could say that anyone who likes Lost Prophets sees it as a "guilty pleasure" now...
Old December 31st, 2013, 11:47 AM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Ayeeeee Lost Prophets >__o;

I think my guilty pleasure is becoming AHS on Netlix. It's slowly drawing me in.
Old December 31st, 2013, 05:13 PM
King Koop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazee Wynkoop View Post
Pokémon
Definitely, Pokemon is a guilty pleasure (in some senses) for me.
Old January 1st, 2014, 03:48 PM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Pokemon and anime in general are guilty pleasures of mine, and there's Adventure Time and Steven Universe too. There's also music that I would consider guilty pleasures like Lady Gaga and Skillex. I probably have more but I can't think of them right now.
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old January 2nd, 2014, 01:32 PM
Canadian Beartic

I've got to admit my guilty, my pleasure is watching Inuyasha (English Dub). I agree with everyone that the dub is horrible and such. But I guess loving it as a kid carried through my life, and I just keep rewatching it... ;_;
Old January 28th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Wolf Masin
American Wolf

Nature: Naughty
I have a guilty pleasure its (sobs in despair) 1 playing pokemon, 2 I have no life lol seriously, 3 I hate football cuz it is 4 hamma heads , 5 I hate wrestling like wwe 6 I like to play video games

FRIEND CODE: 5257-9448-0518

Pairs:~ Mistress of Mightyena~
Old January 28th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Sideshow Bob
Hufflepuff and Slytherin

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, Summer Bay & Lumiose City
Nature: Gentle
I pray and listen to the Bible in private... I don't think it is embarrassing, I just don't want anyone to make a big deal out of it.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Directioner, Belieber, Potterhead! I love the Lord more than anybody else.
Old January 28th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Wolf Masin
American Wolf

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
I pray and listen to the Bible in private... I don't think it is embarrassing, I just don't want anyone to make a big deal out of it.
At least u r proud of it but who cares wat they say

FRIEND CODE: 5257-9448-0518

Pairs:~ Mistress of Mightyena~
Old January 28th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Sideshow Bob
Hufflepuff and Slytherin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokamon View Post
At least u r proud of it but who cares wat they say
Meh, my little bro LOVES making a big deal of these sorts of things...
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Old January 30th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Raine
Community Supporter

My guilty pleasure is watching Honey Boo Boo ;____; For some reason, I find it hilarious to watch their family XD It's one of the TLC shows that I can tolerate, other ones are questionable...

— レイン · wonderland · love · achievements · appreciation
Old February 3rd, 2014, 12:58 PM
Bruce Banner
Unleash the Beast
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
Watching every episode of Zoey 101 and recording every episode to watch it again. Matter of fact, i'm watching it right now. It's the episode where Lola tries to date Chase but things don't work out. Watching Greek on Netflix, another guilty pleasure. :3
Old February 4th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Beloved
Fictionally Destructive

Musicals for me. It looks stereotypical, seeing me so fascinated by the actors and how well they sing, but my some of my friends think its cute. My favorite so far is Rent, followed by Phantom of the Opera, and Little Shop of Horrors.

Aside from that, I not only listen to Lady Gaga, I sing along to some of the songs.

Zachriel
FC: 4098-3599-5083
Friend Safari Type: Psychic
Pokemon: Abra, Wobbuffet, Duosion
PM if you add me so I can add you. Always looking for friends.
Old February 4th, 2014, 07:00 PM
Puddle
Mission Complete✔

Nature: Lax
Pokemon itself is a guilty pleasure for me. I keep it on the down low.

Old February 6th, 2014, 08:04 PM
DowntownDumpling

My only real guilty pleasure I can think of is the Star Wars prequels.

Usually, though, I'm not afraid of saying what I like. This goes even for the unpopular stuff, like Shadow the Hedgehog, Pokemon the First Movie, 3rd/4th-gen in general, and certain fanfics. I can defend it rationally if I need to.
Old February 7th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Quilly
Thespian Punk

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to Quilly
Hmm I would say I have quite a few. Pokémon is not one of them, though MLP certainly is. I also really like iCarly and Victorious, so when it comes to TV those are some of my guilty pleasures.

I really like the color pink and all things related to pink, so I guess you could call that a guilty pleasure of sorts.

But music is where most of my guilty pleasures lie. I love rock music, so most of my friends do as well. However, I love the **** out of a lot of pop as well. Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and even Kesha on occasion, are just a few of the artists whose music I really enjoy. They all have some great music. I would say Bruno Mars, but let's be honest here, everybody, whether they will admit it or not, loves that guy. I even listen to Beyoncé and sometimes even Pink, so I really do have a lot of guilty pleasures when it comes to music.
Old February 8th, 2014, 04:38 AM
Brendan14

Nature: Serious
Blood On The Dancefloor is probably a guilty pleasure for me. And Lily Allen.
Old February 12th, 2014, 05:19 AM
Sideshow Bob
Hufflepuff and Slytherin

Watching scenes from movies or the movie itself, I hate on YouTube, mainly due to references from other pop culture or just spur of the moment, I used to like Star Wars, now I am not that much of a fan, but, I still have my guilty pleasures about it...

Various songs, like I LOVE quite a few older songs, but, I don't sing them out loud.

Certain obsessions, like I wanna keep a certain thing to do with that obsession to myself, because it is either too "embarrassing" as in "I wanna keep this to myself and talk about it to my friends" to speak about in front of my family or I don't think my family would understand, but, I would chat to my friends about it loudly.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links