The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 26th, 2013, 05:19 AM
ilias_
Float like a Butterfree, sting like a Beedrill!

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
So, after I did my research I found this thread http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...ight=3D+Models but no one has posted in 30 days so I am making the Part II of this thread!

Some Pokemon changed a lot now that they are in 3D. I love the fact that flying types are actually flying now and all but I don't like some of the designs.

For example, Pidgeotto. I don't like how they designed its body.

What about you? Discuss

(this is the first thread I am posting I feel a little bit awkward )

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old November 26th, 2013, 05:32 AM
zidiane

I don't like some animations. I don't like how Charizard swats his tail at the opponent for Wing Attack, or Tropius's idle animation.

Last edited by zidiane; November 26th, 2013 at 06:42 AM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 06:04 AM
KostK2Boss
Wonder Trade Addict

Nature: Quirky
I used to be very indifferent towards Archeops. His B/W sprite looked like it was trying way too hard to make an intimidating face. When I first saw his X/Y model in-game though, I fell in love with the chubby, derpy bird that can barely stay airborne. An intensionally derpy Pokemon is much better than a Pokemon that tries to look cool but fails, imo.
Also, Sableye's twitching (he is now officially a psycho).
I can't really think of a model I particularly dislike. I guess I could nitpick about how thin Alakazam's moustache looks, but that's pretty much it.

3DS Friend Code: 3024-6078-0809 (Pokemon Y) pm me so I can add you too!
Friend Safari Type: GRASS
Old November 26th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Zekrom
not a genius tactician

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidiane View Post
I don't like some animations. I don't like how Charizard swats his tail at the opponent for Wing Attack, or Tropius's idle animation.
Agreed. Some animations don't look quite right. But what are you gonna do? They had to program several animations for 720ish Pokémon.

I am glad Hyper Beam makes the sound it did in Gen 2 (and looks a bit better now too). It made the best sound. I just hope that Aeroblast follows suit and makes the same sound it did in Gen 2 as well. And Flamethrower looks fantastic.

I also wanna see what most of the legendaries' signature moves look and sound like this gen. But gotta wait for PokeBank.
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Superstrength79
So strong, it hurts!

Nature: Quiet
I never let my Fletchinder evolve since I didn't like the Talonflame graphics.... it's level 100 now, so too late if it looks better in the next game It's not IV stellar, or anything, so no loss really.

EDIT: Oh, old Pokemon... erm... of the ones we can see so far, I'm a little disappointed with Zangoose. I never had a problem with the tail in older versions; Perhaps because I couldn't see it all before. The jagged look irks me.

I did notice that Kangaskhan throws a punch when it uses its Bite attack... that's a little weird :/

Completed Challenges: Pokemon Y Nuzlocke - Birthday Challenge - Random
Current Challenges: Ground Mono-type (5/8)

Pokemon X/Y Safari: Wooper/Camerupt/Palpitoad IGN: Chris (X), varies (Y)
Teams: My Poison Team - My Ground Team

Last edited by Superstrength79; November 26th, 2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Rou.Tsuki
It's happy hour somewhere...

The Tail Whip animation is a bit silly, espeically when the pokemon you use does have a tail and it's not whipping about. Even sillier are the pokes without tails doing Tail Whip!
My
Vivillon Pattern: High Plains
Friend Safari: POISON - Whirlipede, Kakuna
, and Garbodor
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:10 AM
reshilegend

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by KostK2Boss View Post
I used to be very indifferent towards Archeops. His B/W sprite looked like it was trying way too hard to make an intimidating face. When I first saw his X/Y model in-game though, I fell in love with the chubby, derpy bird that can barely stay airborne. An intensionally derpy Pokemon is much better than a Pokemon that tries to look cool but fails, imo.
This. However, at the beginning I lol'd at Archeops' 3D model but then it grew on me.
But I don't like what they did to Weavile. It looks smaller, and I guess more realistic and less cool, which in Weavile's case is kinda unfortunate.
Sneasel, on the other hand, is badass. Crossing its arms and stuff. When I first saw it in-game, it felt like it was a new Pokemon haha.
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Leo the Lion
I summon Leo, the Lion!

Greninja moves a bit weird when it´s attacked sometimes. He just goes into a naruto pose and jumps a bit.
"NOW CALM DOWN! Everything is going to be fine, you're not going to tear any holes in any fabric of space or time. Actually, it's more like a rug really, but oh Nevermind. Let's just say I got a infinite number of me kicking your ass with Rhyme"- The Doctor, [SIZE="2"]ERB of history season 2 (Doctor who vs. Doc Brown)

Hacks whose creators I want to have babies with (?):

Old November 26th, 2013, 09:14 AM
NRG

I didin't realise until now that nidoking/queen are such midgets
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Broken.Promise.

Nature: Sassy
Mr. Mime. God, his new animation creeps me out.

Poison-type Friend Safari.
Kakuna, Venomoth, Drapion

PM me when you've added me.

My Giveaway thread!
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Rou.Tsuki
It's happy hour somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken.Promise. View Post
Mr. Mime. God, his new animation creeps me out.
Well, Mr.Mime fits right into the French theme of the game, yes? *pantimimes running into an invisible wall*
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:49 AM
silverwind93

I love Swoobat but one of the things that bugged me in the previous games was how bad its battle sprites were. He looks really great in 3D, which is great for me as one of the few who like using him. The Eeveelutions all look wonderful, as do the majority of the other older Pokemon. There are a few that are a little bit disappointing, but for the most part I am happy with the way they turned out.
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
It kinda bothers me how flying pokemon don't have standing animations. Some of them look weird hovering over the ground like Skarmory and Tropius.

I also realised that Barboach has two small eyes and a mouth. Ever since Sapphire I've believed his mouth was an eye.

There's been countless moments of realisation while looking through the pokedex. There's loads of little quirks you don't really notice until you're rotating their model in the pokedex. For example I was shocked to see Fearow had a big white patch of fur/feathers on its back.

Also Bellossom has no legs D:

Last edited by Sabrewulf238; November 26th, 2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Introvert
Banned

Not really but it's changed my mind on how some of the new pokemon sprites looked when they were first released to the public. Still think they could have done a better job with the new pokemon this gen.
Old November 26th, 2013, 06:33 PM
TrainerNico

Nature: Careful
When I first saw Eelektross in B/W I was like "That's one huge eel", and then when I saw it's 3D model I was like "It's THAT small?" Not to mention it's thin as well compared to his B/W sprite

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
In-game name:mimiLoP
Here's my 3DS FC:
3024-6176-4928
Old November 26th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Juno
Ready, Ike? Kick the baby!

Yeah, Sableye's a creepy little dude. xD

I can't really think of an alternative way they could have done this, but it kind of bothers me how fish Pokemon just hover and "swim" in the air during battles.

Also, Salamence does not flap its wings to stay in the air. I wish they just had him standing, he looks kind of silly just hovering with his short legs dangling.

Edit: Oh, just remembered another (kind of dumb) one. I don't know why, but I always thought that in the Polywag family, the swirl was the mouth, and I thought the little red mouth on Polywag was a nose - it just blew my mind when I saw its animation, with it opening the real mouth. I don't know why I kept thinking the swirl was a mouth, I already knew that it was supposed to resemble the visible intestines of tadpoles, but every time I look at a Polywag, I just think it has a really big mouth.

Last edited by Juno; November 26th, 2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Mega Missingno

3d pokemon is a lot better than sprite pokemon, in some aspects. Just the richness the 3d models provide makes going back to playing older gen games and seeing pixel sprite pokemon just so...bleh. However, some o the pokemon animations in 3d, as others have said, also feel meh.
Old November 26th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Flushed
Archeops was definitely not what I expected haha. And Cofagrigus, idk, it just looks odd when its all bulgy. It's cool to see like Slugma and non-solid Pokemon in 3D though, like we did in Colosseum or Stadium.
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:17 PM
hermit17

Really like the animations. Flamethrower coming out of Charizard's mouth, Delphox using the tree branch for attack, pokemon with tails shaking their tails for tail whip, and zigzagoon running around madly before attacking.
Downside is that X and Y has littlr post game stuff to do, other than IV training and getting shinies and that pathetic Looker's mission.
Will trade back any egg requested to be hatched

Accept anyone as friends!
PM me if you have added me so that I can add you back (:
Old November 27th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Superstrength79
So strong, it hurts!

Nature: Quiet
I did like my Vaporeon using Acid Armor

Completed Challenges: Pokemon Y Nuzlocke - Birthday Challenge - Random
Current Challenges: Ground Mono-type (5/8)

Pokemon X/Y Safari: Wooper/Camerupt/Palpitoad IGN: Chris (X), varies (Y)
Teams: My Poison Team - My Ground Team
Old November 27th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Route 18
turn up the engine
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to Route 18
I thought Vaporeon's older sprites made it look gorgeous, but the 3D model in Pokemon X/Y makes it look...lame? I don't know, the way that its tail just lays there when its idle puts me off. To avoid adding to all the negativity and complaining towards the 3D models, let me just say that they all look incredibly detailed, and Pokemon has never looked this amazing before. I prefer 3D models to 2D sprites, anyway, and none of the 3D models look hideous, so I can excuse the few inconsistencies.
Old November 27th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Shilver
Cool Trainer

Nature: Timid
Starly now look really like a penguin
ggwp noob GF, disband plz
Old November 27th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
not really, all it did for me was add more Pokémon to my Poképhilia list... I never really wanted Venusaur as a Pokémon I am attracted to in a Poképhilia way until I saw it in 3d
Old November 27th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainerNico View Post
When I first saw Eelektross in B/W I was like "That's one huge eel", and then when I saw it's 3D model I was like "It's THAT small?" Not to mention it's thin as well compared to his B/W sprite
That's another thing that really shocked me. Also its B/W sprite makes it look clumsy and awkward....but its 3d model makes it look quick and graceful. One of the bigger differences to the old sprites.
Old November 27th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Zekrom
not a genius tactician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
That's another thing that really shocked me. Also its B/W sprite makes it look clumsy and awkward....but its 3d model makes it look quick and graceful. One of the bigger differences to the old sprites.
The funny thing is when I first saw an Eelektross in the game, I was only half paying attention at the time, and was like "WTF is that thing?!.... oh, wait, its an Eelektross".

Sponsored Links

Advertise here