The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls

Notices

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

View Poll Results: Which are your favorite Fairy types?
10 18.18%
6 10.91%
3 5.45%
20 36.36%
17 30.91%
3 5.45%
14 25.45%
9 16.36%
14 25.45%
5 9.09%
5 9.09%
17 30.91%
8 14.55%
3 5.45%
12 21.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 28th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet

Fairy-type Pokémon ~ November 28 - December 5

Welcome to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament here in Pokémon Voting Polls, where we aim to determine who PokéCommunity’s favorite Pokémon is! This will be a grand undertaking that will span across a couple of months, where we will start with hundreds of Pokémon, in hopes to rank the most popular Pokémon in the eyes of you- the members of the PokéCommunity!

If you haven't already, please read through the rest of the Rules/FAQ below to catch up to speed with what this tournament is all about:

Spoiler:
  • Every week, there will be a new poll stickied at the top of PVP. Each thread will have a different elemental type, which will include a list of Pokémon to vote on.
  • You aren’t required to pick just one Pokémon- you can vote for as many as you like to ensure your favorites get through. The Pokémon with the most votes at the end of the week will face off against the other winning Pokémon in a final poll to crown the champion!
  • Not only will the winning Pokémon from each poll move on to the final vote, but they'll be featured in Pokémon Voting Polls' forum splash for a week.
  • In order to preserve space, we’ve grouped all of the applicable evolutions in a Pokémon family together. If a family rather than an individual were to win the tournament, we would hold one extra run-off poll to decide the most popular member of the family.
  • In the event of a tie at the end of the week, Brendino will have the tie-breaking vote.
  • Legendary Pokémon are not included in this round of voting. Don’t worry, though- they’ll be voted upon near the end of the tournament to round out the final number of candidates.
  • Furthermore, members who vote and post for a majority of weeks during the tournament will receive an emblem depicting the winning Pokémon!
  • If there are any questions that you need answered, feel free to leave a comment in this thread or send a VM to Brendino to get it sorted out.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls will remain open until December 5th, so get voting!

Previous Winners:

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old November 28th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Knormageddon
King of Stronk Style

I voted Granbull. I like Togepi's line too, but I got a lot more mileage out of my Granbull in FR/LG than Togetic.
Old November 28th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Togekiss, Azumarill, and Sylveon get my votes! Love 'em to death they're so amazing. Also I have a shiny Azumarill and a shiny Sylveon. I should consider getting a shiny togekiss sometime huh.
Old November 28th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer

Nature: Relaxed
I voted for Mawile, but I Would have voted for Gardevoir had it been on the list!!!!
Old November 28th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Ahhh, I'll just stick with my top three:

Clefable: One of my favorites in RBY. She has cute ears and wings, and she's pink and round too, sweet.

Whimsicott: Wonderful cotton ram. I LOVE her shiny form too. <3

Florges: So beautiful and yet another staple on my in-game teams. Go fairies!

Old November 28th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

I'm still fairly unfamiliar with Fairy types but here I go. I didn't really want to vote for Pokémon pre Gen. 6 because they already had their chance in earlier polls, so I voted for my two favorites from XY.

My first vote went to Carbink. I vowed to use one Fairy type when I played X and Carbink was my choice. It didn't do that much damage but it could take a lot of hits. My Carbink could also take down a lot of Dragons due to its immunity. I'm not sure what exactly makes Carbink part Fairy type but it's still Fairy so :P

Last but not least, don't drop that Dedenne! I almost replaced Carbink with Dedenne when playing X but decided not to. Like I said, I'm unfamiliar with Fairy types but I really like Dedenne's design and apparently it's significant in the XY anime so bonus points.

Old November 28th, 2013, 10:13 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
I voted for Snubbul/Granbul and Klefki (would have voted for Gardevoir also if it was possible.)

Honestly I'm not entirely sure what makes me like any of those pokemon, they're all vastly different and yet I'm a fan of all of them. I think design plays a part though, they're all excellent and interesting designs.
Old November 28th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Flabebe and Spritzee are pretty cool. They're evolutions were kinda...interesting, especially Aromatisse haha.

In a battle though, Azumarill is an absolute beast.
Old November 28th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Dedenne. <3 One of my top favorite Generation VI Pokemon. It's an adorable hamster, and hamsters are one of my favorite animals. Plus I have a great Dedenne on my team in Y.

Speaking of Pokemon on my team, Klefki gets a vote. When I started using one, it quickly grew on me. For a set of keys (one even looking suspiciously like my car key), it's adorable.

I had to toss a vote to Slurpuff. Only because Slurpuff was the first Generation VI Pokemon that I learned to draw, and there's a little Slurpuff drawn by me in my workplace.

But a special vote was given to Flabébé. Not only is that Pokemon adorable, but it also helped a friend through a difficult year. For that, I'm grateful and have to show my appreciation with a vote. It's the least I could do.
Old November 28th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

For those that I've seen mention it, Gardevoir (and family) were intentionally excluded from this week's poll since it won the Psychic type vote earlier this month. I meant to include that in a post right below the main one, but didn't get a chance to do it.

And while I have you here, I'd appreciate if you checked out my recent blog entry talking about the upcoming weeks of the Favorite Pokemon Tournament, as I could really use some of your input. Thanks!

Old November 28th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Can't believe we're now in the final type face-off, goes so fast ain't it?

Fairy-types have been winning me over lately so I voted a lot of these Pokemon.

Clefairy line - One of my faves from Gen 1, and I love using Metronome with this thing because you never know what she'll get.

Togepi line - I always adored Togekiss, strong and a very cute battler in general. I love how great she is of a Serene Grace abuser, high-chance-of-flinching Air Slashes FTW!

Cottonee line - I know their Poison weakness got heavily buffed this gen, but Whimsicott is still super-cute and makes great use of her wide support movepool and Prankster. Gotta love annoying the opponent!

Sylveon - My new fave Eeveelution, and not to mention all the adorable fanart I've seen made me love her a lot lately. Can't wait to use this cutie when I get X and Y cuz she's clearly my fave Fairy of all time.

Dedenne - Again, I'm a huge sucker for Pikaclones, and it's no exception here.

Klefki - I love the creativity of the name, and it's looking to be a great status abuser thanks to Prankster. Plus, it has one of the best defensive typings you could imagine.

Spritzee line - I love how cute these perfume/plague doctor-like birds are, plus I love Spritzee's shiny color as well.

Swirlix line - They might be a shout-out to Vanillite, but I adore these sweet critters (get it?) and not to mention I do love sweet treats myself. I do love both it and Spritzee's line, but this one won me over a bit more.

Flabebe line - The flower motif is a very good one I gotta say, and Florges having the flower become part of its body reminds me a lot of Wormadam. Plus, very good special tank from what I've heard. I love how they come in different colors too.
Old November 29th, 2013, 01:16 AM
revere
Community Supporter

this poll looks rather interesting, i voted for the azurill line, togepi line, mawile and klefki. i voted for them from competitive aspects :p

azurill line - the only reason i voted for the azurill line is because of azumarill in it. belly drum and aqua jet is now legal on azumarill, turning it into a scary priority sweeper, not to mention its other moves e.g. waterfall, play rough, superpower, etc. its also a fairy type now, which is a rather good defensive typing.

togepi line - the only reason i voted for the togepi line shares the same reason as the one above. togekiss is in the togepi line and togekiss is rather impressive. you may have heard of parahax, something only togekiss and a few other pokemon have. thunder wave + 60% flinch chance from air slash and serene grace = ragequits :] i also find it as an effective wish passer and defog user on online simulators.

mawile - mawile was a horrible pokemon before it gained the additional fairy typing and a mega evolution. with its mega evolutions ability, huge power, each blow is a force to be reckoned with. with an amazing mega evomoves such as iron head, play rough, sucker punch and foul play, whats not to like about mawile?

klefki - self-explanatory, prankster gives its non-damaging moves priority, so taunt, toxic, thunder wave, etc all get priority, and swagger + foul play = ragequits too :]
Old November 29th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Esper

Can I vote for them all?

Jigglypuff is one of my favorites and now that it's a fairy, too, it's even better for me. I also really like Togekiss as a Fairy-type, too. Both of these 'mons are very cute and cuddly looking.

Also, gonna vote for Mawile because it's always been a decent with a nifty angle Pokemon and now it's got more recognition by being Fairy as well.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 29th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Antemortem
we're fantastic

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
I didn't realize it was a multi-choice poll so I voted for just the Togepi line because there's nothing not to like about them. At least, not Togekiss. Togekiss has always been one of my favorites, in-game and competitively. It's adorable, has resounding bulk and an amazing movepool, both specially and support-wise. There's not a lot of downside to it if you ask me. <3
suggestions and stuff on my profile because i value you lovelies. xo
oras ... cm ... final oras team
Old November 29th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Adventure
all of time & space

Nature: Naive
I voted for Mime Jr, Mawile and Whimsicott.

Mime Jr is awesome! I'm not sure why, haha. It's cute, it has cool moves and it's a great baby pokémon to Mr. Mime. I don't like Mr Mime as much, but it's okay too. I recently used one in my LeafGreen game and it's pretty awesome to have on the in-game team. Even in gen III when psychic isn't as overly powerful as in gen I when Kadabra could sweep the whole game pretty much, my Mr Mime is the last, strongest resort that plows through most things alone.

Mawile, I've never really used much. I didn't realize until late what it really looked like. But lately, I've found myself really appreciating its design and idea, and its mega form looks even better. Then the fact that it got Fairy type was very nice too. I would have preferred it being Dark/Steel since it relies on Dark type attacks, but Fairy makes it cute in a new way ^^

Whimsicott is the most adorable fluffball in existence, I think. That's all. It's prevolution is cute too ;p

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Old November 29th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Frazzevous
Impulsive lil' kitty
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Bashful
My vote went to the Flabébé line and Sylveon. :3

Flabébé/Floette/Florges – From cute to adorable to graceful. Gosh, this line has lots of love from me, especially since they're... flowers/flowery. I gotta admit, though, that I was a little disappointed with Florges' design, but it grew on me. -w- I like the yellow form the best. :3

Sylveon – It's an Eeveelution, and since I lalalove the Eeveelutions, it's a given that I'd like this Fairy-type. :3 Aside from that, this Pokemon is just so charming with all her bows and ribbons! And the color. Oh the color. I love it, especially that of the shiny one; it gives me the impression that she should have been a Ghost-type. And I've been wanting a Ghost Eeveelution. ;w; But yeah, I'm quite fond of this snazzy dragon-slayer. <3

Old November 29th, 2013, 09:19 PM
darkredwing

Voted for the Azurill line which has always been a favorite of mine since it's introduction. Also voted for Sylveon which I've been quite happy with.

3Ds Friend code: 1778-9934-1564. Let me know and I'll add you back.
Grass Safari: Oddish, Sawsbuck and Gogoat.
Old November 30th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
Voted for the following:

Azurill/Marill/Azumarill: Azumarill was the original Huge Power Sweeper. One Waterfall and somebody dies, half of the time.

Carbink: It's a pebble.

Igglybuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff: I'll always remember how awesome WigglyTuff was PMD.

Mime.Jr/Mr.Mime: They're epic Psychics.

Mawile: It has a jaw on it's back! Also it has beaten Azumarill and has become the new age Huge Power sweeper with it's Mega.
Old November 30th, 2013, 04:18 PM
youngfungus

I voted for dedenne due to the extreme likeness to pikachu and its overall cuteness. I voted before I realized I could of voted for more than one but I definitely would of voted for flabebe and the clefary line as well.
Old November 30th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngfungus View Post
I voted for dedenne due to the extreme likeness to pikachu and its overall cuteness. I voted before I realized I could of voted for more than one but I definitely would of voted for flabebe and the clefary line as well.
I've added a +1 to each of those Pokemon for you!

Old November 30th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

My vote would have to go towards Togekiss and Whimsicott lines. They look nice, and perform pretty well when it comes to battling. Whimsicott's got Prankster ability, allowing it to always strike first when using non-damaging moves. This makes it a great staller. As for Togekiss, it could make your opponent unable to land attacks with the combination of Thunder Wave, Air Slash, and Serene Grace. It has access to Roost as well, so whenever it's low in health, it could always recover itself.
Old November 30th, 2013, 08:33 PM
大輔
Adventurer

Nature: Modest
Azumarill...~ Play Rough and Aqua Tail are two of it's deadliest attacks that I use. It's such a powerful thing and I've always loved Marill's evolution chain. ( My first Trading Card was a Marill )

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~
Old December 1st, 2013, 07:12 AM
Starfury
dear, only you don't know.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I can't believe I've missed out on voting for other types! Oh well, this sounds fun. :3

My vote went towards multiple Pokemon, but mainly Klefki, the Flabebe line, Sylveon and of course Whimsicott!

1. I quite like Klefki's design. I don't see why most people don't. Sure, it may be a key-chain Pokemon, and it's stats might not be the best, but Klefki only has two weakness, and neither Poison or Dragon can hurt it! Also, barely any other types have much affect on this cute Pokemon. Plus it's movepool isn't that bad.

2. Flabebe is just an all-together adorable Pokemon, and the same goes to Floette of course! Florges is more on the beautiful and delicate side (it's name speaks for itself), and with it's great Sp. Defence and Sp. Attack, I think it has quite a bit of potential!

3. With Sylveon's Pixilate ability, high Sp. Attack but low Attack, it could definitely take advantage of the powerful Normal-type moves it learns by HM. I haven't used this Pokemon myself, but it seems a lot of other people have.

It's also very cute. c:

4. Now, this Pokemon is simply just adorable! The cotton, the ram horns and dat grin! <3 It isn't my favourite Pokemon without a reason. With it's prankster ability and variety of status moves, it could make quite the staller! Plus it has healing moves (the best would be Giga Drain).

Well, that's my choice of Fairy-type Pokemon for this year! :3

VMFAMILYPAIRCREDITPM
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:29 AM
Zeffy
doddleoddle

I voted for Sylveon and Mawile because they are pretty much the only Fairy-types that I have had the pleasure of enjoying using. Well, I've also used Carbink and the others back when they were not part Fairy yet but that doesn't matter haha!

Mega-Mawile looks so badass that whoever doesn't vote for it isn't groovy :]

EDIT: Drat! I've forgotten about the Togepi line :( They're pretty groovy as well! Would vote for them but it's too late :(
to be adored by him
Old December 3rd, 2013, 09:51 PM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
I like Fairy as a type, but only one of these I can call a favorite (well, maybe one and a third). That is, the little kleptomaniac Klefki! It has a creative basis and design, and made its way into my main party in X (unfortunately, its existence was spoiled to me early in the game when I caught a glimpse of one while leaving an online trade). Its typing combined with Prankster is also fun; I can't wait to start raising some from eggs!

Other than that, I do like Togetic a lot, but I don't like Togepi or Togekiss enough to vote for them as a favorite (don't get me wrong, I do like them).

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links