< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > General Entertainment Favorite TV Shows?

General Entertainment The PokeCommunity's red carpet: discuss topics, hot or otherwise, centered around music, films, TV, books, and sports!

Reply Post Reply
Old November 28th, 2013 (11:00 PM).
* The wind is howling...
Crystal TierEO
What kind of shows do you usually like to watch, and do you have a favorite show (or shows)?

I'm usually more of a comedy/sit-com person, when I get some free time I want to laugh. Right now, my favorite shows are probably Psych and How I Met Your Mother.

Old November 30th, 2013 (7:06 PM).
what a lovely day
Gold Tier
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
I really like good dramas but, I also like sitcom/comedys sometimes too.

Favorite show of all time: Breaking Bad :3
But i also like Psych, Sopranos, Friends, Seinfeld, etc.
"“As the world fell, each of us in our own way was broken"
Old November 30th, 2013 (8:13 PM).
Nature: Lonely
The Wire is the best show of all time and I won't hear otherwise.
Old December 1st, 2013 (12:51 AM).
I do not watch much TV at all nowadays. The only things on TV that I watch are sports, Wheeler Dealers and 5th Gear.
Old December 1st, 2013 (3:59 PM).
just a guy
Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I watch a lot of television and I love a lot of them, but whenever someone asks me what my utmost favorite show is currently, it's always a hard choice between Revenge and Orphan Black. I consider it a tie between the two.

I'm a drama (especially supernatural-type dramas) nerd, so while I watch some comedies, I enjoy dramas more because of their overlapping plotlines, deeper character developments, and suspense. Oh, and the drama (duh!).

An all time favorite would be a tossup between Charmed, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Ghost Whisperer, Xena Warrior Princess, and Prison Break. The ultimate Sophie's choice.
Old December 1st, 2013 (4:04 PM).
doesn't work well with others...
Nature: Quirky
I posted some of these in my profile, but her are some of my favs:
adventure time, regular show, dads, the simpsons, family guy, chopped, the big bang theory, and teen titans.
I also watch a couple of anime shows.
All About Dan! (at the moment, at least)
Deep Thoughts...
The people of the Pokémon world aren't too creative. They named Pokémon after what sound they make. If we were like them, a cow would be called a "moo".

I'm Reading...
Just finished a volume of Soul Eater, volume 14. At this point, it has become very different compared to the anime, and I kind of like it. Some of the characters have gotten a lot more fleshed out (specifically the meister team of Ox, Kilik, and Kim), and things are happening quite differently. An exciting read.

I'm Playing...
The iPod music game, Cytus. While I may not know very many of the songs, I really like its music, and the gameplay is easy to pick up yet takes quite a while to master. A friend has seen me play it and he says I make it look easy, but I am still having a fun and challenging time. Definitely worth the price.
Old December 1st, 2013 (4:07 PM).
Nature: Jolly
I watch a lot of cartoons on TV, but the two cartoons I follow the most are Adventure Time and the Total Drama series. And since the 11th season premiered, I've been watching NCIS with my parents on Tuesday nights.

Happy Holidays
Old December 1st, 2013 (5:48 PM).
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to TrainerJacob
I mainly watch Sports, PBS, Local news, NBC Nightly news and "The Andy Griffth Show" (Oh the joys of having nothing but an ANTENNA)
Anyways, I also watch "The Michael J. Fox Show" and "The Crazy Ones" every chance I get because 1. They come on TOO LATE and 2. Because I'm still in High School
Old December 1st, 2013 (7:54 PM).
I'm really picky when it comes to TV shows, so I can't really say I like one specific genre because I don't like most of the shows in the category. I do like cartoons and anime, mainly, but I usually will enjoy anything that can make me laugh.

Some of my favorite non-animes are Avatar: the Last Airbender, the Legend of Korra, Gravity Falls, the Big Bang Theory, the Middle, Frasier, Cheers, Merlin, and almost all the shows on HGTV. I was watching and enjoying Game of Thrones, but I don't really have time to watch it right now and I want to read the second book before I continue.

Favorite animes are FMA, FMAB, Princess Tutu, Ouran, Gankutsuou, Digimon, Zoids, Wolf's Rain, and Trigun.

Friend Safari:

My Trade Shop: Amestris Trade Shop & Breeding Services
My Pokemon Tumblr: Lumiose Cafe
Old December 1st, 2013 (8:13 PM).
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Nature: Careful
No other show has captured my heart and captivated my soul quite like NBC's 30 Rock. Pretty sure I've watched each episode at least a dozen times. The Sopranos would be a close second.

Currently-running shows I'm in love with the most would probably be Louie on the comedy side, and Justified on the drama side, but I love most of the shows I watch (yeah even The Newsroom sometimes). I reckon we've been in this Golden Age of Television for quite a while now. There are so many great shows airing at the moment, and that's including foreign shows like the UK's Peep Show and France's Les Revenants. There is certainly no shortage of good TV right now.
Old December 2nd, 2013 (1:55 AM).
Cero Miedo
I can't say that I don't watch TV anymore, because I'll watch it if my family's watching. That being said, I don't watch it as much as I used to. Most TV series' that I watch, I watch through Netflix or download them. Through these, I'm watching The Walking Dead, Glee, Game of Thrones, and Doctor Who.

I only watch wrestling, Duck Dynasty, and the occasional hockey game if one's on that entices me.
Old December 2nd, 2013 (3:47 AM).
Originally Posted by Elitist Four View Post
The Wire is the best show of all time and I won't hear otherwise.
So, you really like Wire, huh? Why is it so good in your opinion?
Old December 2nd, 2013 (6:15 AM).
Heal the world, make it a better place.
Crystal Tier
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
Lately I like watching a local variant of Family Feud called New Famili 100, and other than that, I like watching parodies like Opera Van Java.

PC | Lake Valor | MyAnimeList | Adoption Center Mentor | My Pairs | PC Family | PC Blog | Ask Me!
PC Battle Server | Gold | Twitter | YouTube | #TeamTrivia | On reduced activity until mid-December
Old December 2nd, 2013 (6:49 AM).
Nature: Lonely
Originally Posted by LauriJ View Post
So, you really like Wire, huh? Why is it so good in your opinion?
Well first off the writing is brilliant but I guess anyone could say that about any show they like so I'll try and elaborate as best I can.

When I started watching The Wire I didn't appreciate the somewhat slow paced and episodic nature of the show, but the way everything just develops and comes together throughout the series is masterfully done in my opinion. There are so many intriguing characters and different story arcs going on and it really begins to hook you in after a few episodes.

The way I see it is the main character of The Wire is actually the city of Baltimore. And you get to see the city from the perspective of various different people from very different walks of life; police, politicians, drug dealers, addicts, youths, union workers ect.

If I had one major criticism of this show it's that there isn't a whole lot of action. But I think that's because The Wire intentionally goes out if it's way not to glorify any particular group too much. Whether it's a cop trying to get leads on a case or just some kid on the street pushing dope The Wire tries to portray the daily grind as gritty and as realistic as possible.

Just an all around great show. The best in my not so humble opinion. Have you watched it? I got the sense that you thought/think it's overrated based on the way you asked me why it's so good. I'd honestly recommend it to anyone.
Old December 2nd, 2013 (11:46 AM).
Silver Tier
There are a range of shows I like, but I'd say I go more for mystery/detective shows like CSI, Elementary, and Hannibal. Those three actually each have a different aspect I like. CSI (at least in the beginning) was about the cases each episode, and you only slowly built up a picture of who the characters were outside of work. The show is (was?) about the cases and the mystery. Elementary has really good character dynamics and development. Hannibal is dark and stylish. And suspenseful because you know most of what's happening, but the characters don't.
The Galigo Region * Avatar
Old December 2nd, 2013 (11:58 AM). Edited December 3rd, 2013 by lozzop.
Monkey slut!
Nature: Calm
I religiously watch the same shows over and over again which are almost all comedies or sitcoms.

There's the obvious ones like TBBT, HIMYM, 2 broke girls, New Girl, modern family and Glee. I also watch British comedy shows, which idk if they air in America or not, those are things like 8 out of 10 cats, live at the apollo, Russell Howard's Good News, Not Going Out, and Lunch Monkey's (which my dad wrote XD) Also Adventure time, Family Guy, Cleveland Show and Futurama.

I also watch Sherlock, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad (occasionally) Also like Hollyoaks sometimes

My favourite shows of all time are Arthur, Scrubs and Friends though. Atm I'm watching I'm A Celebrity, and I really want either Laila or Joey Essex to win
Old December 2nd, 2013 (3:38 PM).
more like uncommon sense
I never really watch TV (too much reality show crap) but there are a few shows which are undeniably good:

Breaking Bad
The Mentalist
Sherlock (BBC series)
Game of Thrones

That's about all I'm following now (well, except for Breaking Bad, goodbye show ).
Old December 2nd, 2013 (6:06 PM).
Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Skype™ to Morry
I have to say I tend to watch shows that my friends watch, whether they bring it up or not. At the moment, I'm really into Doctor Who, BBC Sherlock, and I guess New Day on CNN which I always find myself watching every morning before school. I love Supernatural as well, although I'm not really following season 9 so much.

“Just a Souvenir Shop
Nothing Suspicious about It
No Need to Be Alarmed”
-Mahogany Town Souvenir Shop

HeartGold FC: 2323 9303 6697
Old December 2nd, 2013 (6:40 PM).
Hear Me Roar
Silver Tier
Nature: Bold
Alright let see:
Game of Thrones. (though the books are better )
The Big Bang Theory
The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
South Park
Sword Art Online
Family Guy (even after the whole Brian thing :'( )
American Dad
The Cleveland Show

I plan on giving this "Rick & Morty show a try...looks weird...I like weird.
Old December 2nd, 2013 (7:27 PM).
Crystal Tier
I don't watch as much tv as I used to, the only show I watch on a weekly basis is NCIS even if it is a re-run.

Old December 2nd, 2013 (8:56 PM).
Remember NovEnder
There are a few shows that I watch, but none of them are my favorite. I just watch them because they just happen to entertain me.

Modern Family and Drawn Together (does anyone remember that show?) are what I watch when I want to laugh or need something to watch when I don't want to think too much. Glee is the show for when I want to go through a range of emotions, but it's getting to the point now with Glee that I'm mostly bored when watching it. Still keep up with it! And on the reality side, I'm a big fan of the Biggest Loser and Finding Bigfoot.
Old December 3rd, 2013 (7:49 PM).
Forever and Ever
Nature: Relaxed
Well I love Adventure Time (for sure) and also Regular Show for cartoons. And for some reason I watch those VH1 Classic countdowns (idk). And more music documentaries than I can count.

Pink Moon is on its way.

Old December 4th, 2013 (7:24 AM).
Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Nature: Naughty
I only watch a few shows on tv nowadays

Doctor who
the simpsons.
Old December 4th, 2013 (4:34 PM).
All your base are belong to us
Send a message via Skype™ to Mara
My favorite is South Park. The show is hilarious. I also love Catfish.
Old December 23rd, 2013 (1:51 PM).
Gold TierCS
Nature: Naive
I tend to watch whole seasons of a show within a week or month :p I can get pretty obsessed with a single tv show at a time. Most recently it has been Castle I've been watching. Almost caught up now.

But standing favorites are How I Met Your Mother, Heroes, Star Trek (various incarnations) and probably many others I can't think of at this moment.

In general, I like somewhat supernatural, romantic or sci-fi shows.
paired to Legend & seeker
soumewhere ouver theu rainbouw

Doctor Who fanclub | Homestuck fanclub
Swedish Shak is my friend with one benefit
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links