The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 29th, 2013, 07:37 AM
xGal
du bist n00b

Nature: Bold
Hey!

Adding extra items isn't hard at all! In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to do it!

ITEM DATA EXTENTION

Spoiler:
1. Navigate to 0x3DB028 and copy 1194 bytes. Paste it into some free space in your ROM. You may need to repoint as well.

2. Navigate back to 0x3DB028 and copy [number of new items]*12. Paste them into the end the old table you copied earlier.

ITEM PICTURES EXTENTION

Spoiler:
1. Navigate to 0x3D4294 and copy C04 bytes. Paste them into some free space in your ROM. You may need to repoint as well.

2. Navigate back to 0x3D4294 and copy [number of new items]*4. Paste them into the end of the old table you copied earlier.

That's it! You've just extended the number of items! Wasn't that simple?

Don't forget to edit the INI of the item editor you use!

Also, if you found any bugs, please tell me!

Credits:
Me...
Old November 29th, 2013, 09:52 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Simple and straight to the point. I like it.

Paired with Simba
Old November 29th, 2013, 02:01 PM
itari
普通の魔法使い
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Yeah, you go it. I wish all tutorials were this easy to follow~

But you might wanna specify a game.

Last edited by itari; November 29th, 2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: ;)
Old November 29th, 2013, 03:38 PM
xGal
du bist n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentgeo View Post
Yeah, you go it. I wish all tutorials were this easy to follow~

But you might wanna specify a game.
"Adding Extra Items Into FireRed". And thanks
Old January 28th, 2014, 02:50 AM
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder

I don't think this is right. An Item is 44 bytes long. You can verify this by (0x2C*itemNumber)+0xE and that byte will tell you the index number. So instead of selecting 4500 decimal bytes, its like 15600.

Otherwise when you edit the ini you get errors!

EDIT!!

Also the image contains 2 pointers per item. an image and palette pointer. So at 3D4294 you want to copy 375*8 bytes to safely repoint it.

EDIT 2!

The game also doesn't support extra items... Maybe there is a limiter on the amount of items?

Last edited by kearnseyboy6; January 28th, 2014 at 01:01 PM. Reason: updated
Old January 29th, 2014, 03:40 AM
xGal
du bist n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
I don't think this is right. An Item is 44 bytes long. You can verify this by (0x2C*itemNumber)+0xE and that byte will tell you the index number. So instead of selecting 4500 decimal bytes, its like 15600.

Otherwise when you edit the ini you get errors!

EDIT!!

Also the image contains 2 pointers per item. an image and palette pointer. So at 3D4294 you want to copy 375*8 bytes to safely repoint it.

EDIT 2!

The game also doesn't support extra items... Maybe there is a limiter on the amount of items?
I have no idea. It works for me.
Old January 29th, 2014, 11:31 PM
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGal View Post
I have no idea. It works for me.
JPAN has researched a lot on items:

Spoiler:
14 bytes for the name, a string in the same encoding as all in-game strings, finished by 0xff 2 bytes for the item number, that is used for some integrity checks 2 bytes for the item market price 1 byte that I know not it's use 1 byte used for item usage values, such as potion HP recovery or Repel steps 4 bytes for a pointer to a small description of the item, as seen in the market and in the bag screen 2 bytes for something else 1 byte for the number of the pocket the item is stored in (tm case and berry bag included) 1 byte that usually allow to distinguish between between types of item 4 bytes pointer for item's THUMB routine start. 1 byte for item usage location 3 bytes for something else 4 bytes for the battle routine start. 4 bytes for other uses

An item cannot be 12 bytes long from this. Are you 100% sure this tut is correct?
Old February 4th, 2014, 10:46 AM
xGal
du bist n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
JPAN has researched a lot on items:

Spoiler:
14 bytes for the name, a string in the same encoding as all in-game strings, finished by 0xff 2 bytes for the item number, that is used for some integrity checks 2 bytes for the item market price 1 byte that I know not it's use 1 byte used for item usage values, such as potion HP recovery or Repel steps 4 bytes for a pointer to a small description of the item, as seen in the market and in the bag screen 2 bytes for something else 1 byte for the number of the pocket the item is stored in (tm case and berry bag included) 1 byte that usually allow to distinguish between between types of item 4 bytes pointer for item's THUMB routine start. 1 byte for item usage location 3 bytes for something else 4 bytes for the battle routine start. 4 bytes for other uses

An item cannot be 12 bytes long from this. Are you 100% sure this tut is correct?
I will try it once again, perhaps I miss-spelled something...

Sponsored Links