The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old November 29th, 2013, 07:37 AM
xGal
du bist n00b
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: A tree
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Hey!

Adding extra items isn't hard at all! In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to do it!

ITEM DATA EXTENTION

Spoiler:
1. Navigate to 0x3DB028 and copy 1194 bytes. Paste it into some free space in your ROM. You may need to repoint as well.

2. Navigate back to 0x3DB028 and copy [number of new items]*12. Paste them into the end the old table you copied earlier.


ITEM PICTURES EXTENTION

Spoiler:
1. Navigate to 0x3D4294 and copy C04 bytes. Paste them into some free space in your ROM. You may need to repoint as well.

2. Navigate back to 0x3D4294 and copy [number of new items]*4. Paste them into the end of the old table you copied earlier.

That's it! You've just extended the number of items! Wasn't that simple?

Don't forget to edit the INI of the item editor you use!

Also, if you found any bugs, please tell me!


Credits:
Me...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old November 29th, 2013, 09:52 AM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Simple and straight to the point. I like it.
__________________

Paired with Simba
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old November 29th, 2013, 02:01 PM
itari's Avatar
itari
普通の魔法使い
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 幻想郷
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Yeah, you go it. I wish all tutorials were this easy to follow~

But you might wanna specify a game.
__________________

Last edited by itari; November 29th, 2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: ;)
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old November 29th, 2013, 03:38 PM
xGal
du bist n00b
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: A tree
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentgeo View Post
Yeah, you go it. I wish all tutorials were this easy to follow~

But you might wanna specify a game.
"Adding Extra Items Into FireRed". And thanks
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old January 28th, 2014, 02:50 AM
kearnseyboy6's Avatar
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
I don't think this is right. An Item is 44 bytes long. You can verify this by (0x2C*itemNumber)+0xE and that byte will tell you the index number. So instead of selecting 4500 decimal bytes, its like 15600.

Otherwise when you edit the ini you get errors!

EDIT!!

Also the image contains 2 pointers per item. an image and palette pointer. So at 3D4294 you want to copy 375*8 bytes to safely repoint it.

EDIT 2!

The game also doesn't support extra items... Maybe there is a limiter on the amount of items?
__________________
HOLIDAYING CURRENTLY!!

Last edited by kearnseyboy6; January 28th, 2014 at 01:01 PM. Reason: updated
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old January 29th, 2014, 03:40 AM
xGal
du bist n00b
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: A tree
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
I don't think this is right. An Item is 44 bytes long. You can verify this by (0x2C*itemNumber)+0xE and that byte will tell you the index number. So instead of selecting 4500 decimal bytes, its like 15600.

Otherwise when you edit the ini you get errors!

EDIT!!

Also the image contains 2 pointers per item. an image and palette pointer. So at 3D4294 you want to copy 375*8 bytes to safely repoint it.

EDIT 2!

The game also doesn't support extra items... Maybe there is a limiter on the amount of items?
I have no idea. It works for me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old January 29th, 2014, 11:31 PM
kearnseyboy6's Avatar
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGal View Post
I have no idea. It works for me.
JPAN has researched a lot on items:

Spoiler:
14 bytes for the name, a string in the same encoding as all in-game strings, finished by 0xff 2 bytes for the item number, that is used for some integrity checks 2 bytes for the item market price 1 byte that I know not it's use 1 byte used for item usage values, such as potion HP recovery or Repel steps 4 bytes for a pointer to a small description of the item, as seen in the market and in the bag screen 2 bytes for something else 1 byte for the number of the pocket the item is stored in (tm case and berry bag included) 1 byte that usually allow to distinguish between between types of item 4 bytes pointer for item's THUMB routine start. 1 byte for item usage location 3 bytes for something else 4 bytes for the battle routine start. 4 bytes for other uses


An item cannot be 12 bytes long from this. Are you 100% sure this tut is correct?
__________________
HOLIDAYING CURRENTLY!!
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old February 4th, 2014, 10:46 AM
xGal
du bist n00b
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: A tree
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
JPAN has researched a lot on items:

Spoiler:
14 bytes for the name, a string in the same encoding as all in-game strings, finished by 0xff 2 bytes for the item number, that is used for some integrity checks 2 bytes for the item market price 1 byte that I know not it's use 1 byte used for item usage values, such as potion HP recovery or Repel steps 4 bytes for a pointer to a small description of the item, as seen in the market and in the bag screen 2 bytes for something else 1 byte for the number of the pocket the item is stored in (tm case and berry bag included) 1 byte that usually allow to distinguish between between types of item 4 bytes pointer for item's THUMB routine start. 1 byte for item usage location 3 bytes for something else 4 bytes for the battle routine start. 4 bytes for other uses


An item cannot be 12 bytes long from this. Are you 100% sure this tut is correct?
I will try it once again, perhaps I miss-spelled something...
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:13 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.