Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Reload this Page Species of Pokemon you'd like to see in the future

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Old November 29th, 2013 (12:27 PM).
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Are there any species of Pokemon that you'd want to see in Gen. VII, or are otherwise surprised that this particular species hasn't materialized yet in the Pokemon series? I have thought of at least one of them apart from my username being the Scald Pokemon.

The Turkey species, especially considering the fact we had Thanksgiving yesterday. There are so many birds around this world, but not a single turkey?

I also thought of a booby a few months ago. It's quite rare though, but maybe that will make a surprise appearance too...
Old November 29th, 2013 (12:30 PM).
Banned

Nature: Modest
another dragon... something along the lines of a Dragon/Fairy Type Pokémon... not sure what the species would be but I wanted a Dragon/Fairy for a month now...
Old November 29th, 2013 (01:16 PM).
Hear Me Roar
Silver Tier

Nature: Bold
Okay had a much longer post, but my net shat out and deleted it, going more succinct this time.
Camel,Sea Pig,Koala,Dolphin,Pygmy Marmoset, Saber Tooth Cat,Narwhal, Whip Scorpion, Scorpion Fly, Poodle Moth, Goblin Shark, Scorpion Fish.
Just off the top of my head.
Old November 29th, 2013 (01:55 PM).
Peek-a-boo

Nature: Quirky
I'd like to see a husky pokemon! So an ice dog would be pretty neat! I can't think of much more than that really.
Old November 29th, 2013 (01:56 PM).

A Ghost/Normal dog. Maybe a fairy type like Sygliph, based on ancient civilizations.
Old November 29th, 2013 (04:27 PM).
I always win.

Nature: Impish
A turkey would be cool. I mean, wild turkeys are actually quite vicious, so I suppose a turkey Pokemon could be really tough. I'd also like to see a tiger shark.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old November 29th, 2013 (11:02 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
I posted this on another thread once but I also had a similar idea for a turkey pokemon, except it would start off as an incredibly weak normal/flying type (we're talking magikarp-weak) but once you give it a broken pokemon fossil and level it up it would evolve into a rock/dark type velociraptor pokemon. (thinking of calling it "Vileraptor") It would be the same height as the turkey pokemon but with less feathers, a lot thinner, and a lot stronger (and nastier to boot)
Old November 30th, 2013 (12:58 AM).
my past is not today.
CS

Nature: Timid
Since we're going to always need new fish Pokemon, why not one based off a clown fish? And I don't think there's been anything based off of a llama yet, has there? Someone should get on that.
Pokémon Poll of the Week #7: Which Q is your A?

Moderator of Pokémon General
(computer is borked. will be back to normal activity soon~)
Old November 30th, 2013 (01:12 AM).
& having to receive it
Battle Server
CS

It'd be nice to see a Pokémon based off dolphin. I would love it, as I find dolphins to be extremely cute. Just hope that they don't make its design look bad intentionally. xD" I'd like to see a platypus Pokémon as well. Bibarel looks sort of like a platypus (due to its tail), but not quite. Also, it would be awesome if they had given us a Pokémon that looked similar to saber-tooth tiger. I'd imagine it to be astoundingly fast, and all its physical attacks would be pretty hard-hitting. If used correctly, this Pokémon might be able to make a great revenge-killer.
Old November 30th, 2013 (01:14 AM).

Nature: Careful
What about a camel? Maybe a ground type camel pokemon. Anyone?

3DS FC: 2981-7737-7152
Old November 30th, 2013 (01:29 AM).
& having to receive it
Battle Server
CS

Quote originally posted by Helios93:
What about a camel? Maybe a ground type camel pokemon. Anyone?
Don't we have camel Pokémon already—Numel and Camerupt? They may not have the exact height of camels, but they do look like them. If they existed in real life, then you would probably be able to ride them as well, just like a camel. d:
Old November 30th, 2013 (01:30 AM). Edited November 30th, 2013 by darkredwing.

Nature: Quiet
Pretty surprised there hasn't been a chess based family to be honest, could be steel/ghost perhaps have two slightly different families, the black pieces would be steel/dark, and the white pieces could be steel/fairy(light). Other cool ones would be a water drop/rain drop Pokemon that would be water/ghost.
Finally one that I would love to see especially as a new starter family would be a fire/poison line based off a raptor.

-edit-
I dunno why i said pawn based instead of chess based, what I get for being up at 3 am I suppose.

3Ds Friend code: 1778-9934-1564. Let me know and I'll add you back.
Grass Safari: Oddish, Sawsbuck and Gogoat.
Old November 30th, 2013 (02:08 AM).
I summon Leo, the Lion!

What I want? A platypus. A freaking platypus. I loooove them!
Also, the chess evolution, as darkredwing said, would be cool.
Another one? A time travelling pokemon shaped like a clock. I mean, they HAVE made a magnet, a pokeball, a keyring....
"NOW CALM DOWN! Everything is going to be fine, you're not going to tear any holes in any fabric of space or time. Actually, it's more like a rug really, but oh Nevermind. Let's just say I got a infinite number of me kicking your ass with Rhyme"- The Doctor, [SIZE="2"]ERB of history season 2 (Doctor who vs. Doc Brown)

Hacks whose creators I want to have babies with (?):

Old November 30th, 2013 (02:53 AM).
the price of freedom
Crystal Tier

I thought Pawniard was based on the chess piece.

Hmm, hard to come up with anything that hasn't already been used (and would make a cool Pokemon). I don't think there's a peacock Pokemon yet? Could be wrong. I think that would look neat. Fairy/Flying, perhaps.
Old November 30th, 2013 (06:36 AM).
the Highflying girl
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
The first things that come to mind are:

Mechanical steel-type Pokemon, Koala, Platypus (or another native Australian animal, like a Quokka) and a fawn. Deerling's design just wasn't very creative in my opinion, so I'd like to see a new one! Perhaps part fairy-type, and based off of some aspect of the woodland, like a toadstool! <3

paired to ShadowE
Crystal Supporter

vm family pm
Old November 30th, 2013 (07:24 AM).
hoping senpai notices me

Nature: Quirky
Dolphin, Tiger, Peacock, Wolf, Koala, Cheetah, Turkey, Chimpanzee, Bearded Dragon, Manatee, Lionfish, Stonefish, Flamingo, Capybara, Snowy Owl, Stegosaurus, Dromeosaurid, Sabertooth Cat, Wooly Mammoth, and Komodo Dragon.
Old November 30th, 2013 (10:31 AM). Edited November 30th, 2013 by Digimon Kaiser.
White and Nerdy

Nature: Adamant
Cheetah, Ibex, Snow Leopard, Goblin Shark, Mastodon, Carnotaurus, Wolf, Smilodon, Moose, Wolverine, Dolphin, Orca, Manatee, Secretary Bird, Honey Badger, Hammerhead Shark, Ostrich, Warthog, Wildebeest, Gazelle, Aardvark, Lynx, Oryx, Megatherium, Komodo Dragon, Red Panda, Koala, Thylacine, Peafowl, Tiger, Jaguar, Dromeosaurid, Lemur, Styracosaurus, Mandrill, Gorilla, Okapi, Narwhal, Musk Ox, Dimetrodon, Wombat, Stegosaurus, Flamingo, Ankylosaurus, Glyptodont.

All of that taken from Zoo Tycoon 2. I'm surprised none of the above animals have been made into Pokemon yet!
-Vladimir Lenin
Old November 30th, 2013 (11:32 AM).

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Nerakil:
I thought Pawniard was based on the chess piece.

Hmm, hard to come up with anything that hasn't already been used (and would make a cool Pokemon). I don't think there's a peacock Pokemon yet? Could be wrong. I think that would look neat. Fairy/Flying, perhaps.
Pawniard and Bisharp's names are clearly based off of chess pieces, however their appearances are not. They're based more off of bandits or some other Villainous characters, Pawniard being the minions while Bisharp would be the leader. If it weren't for the names I doubt anyone would ever think chess pieces when looking at them.

3Ds Friend code: 1778-9934-1564. Let me know and I'll add you back.
Grass Safari: Oddish, Sawsbuck and Gogoat.
Old November 30th, 2013 (01:05 PM).
Adventurer

Nature: Modest
gazelle pokemon please
Also, I'm so happy they added a poodle pokemon

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~
Old November 30th, 2013 (01:14 PM).
Moonwel ot cosidme

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Pryze
I'd really like to see a Pokemon based off of a Stingerfish, it would make a nice Electric/Water or Electric/Ground type.

Edit: Or even better, Electric/Poison-type; I don't think there's such a typing yet.

O R A S S Q U A D
Old November 30th, 2013 (01:29 PM).
h e r o e s
CS

Nature: Naive

Here's what I believe was meant to be the dolphin of pokémon. It's a mix between dolphin and those lightbulb deep sea dwellers, I suppose. Lanturn is darn cute when you think about it!

As for camel, there is Numel and Camerupt.

And can anyone say that Psyduck isn't platypus-like? I certainly think it is alike.

Here's the mammoth.

And the chimpanzee.

However, there are tons of mice and bird pokémon, so more pokémon based on the same animal concept certainly can't be outruled! More fawns, apes and fish are sure to come.

I love the idea of chess-based pokémon. As long as they don't make them look like cartoon chess pieces too much. Do something creative with the pieces they resemble, in that case. Maybe their story could be that the inventor of the chess game got inspiration from their designs ^^

paired to seeker
RPCPG

Old November 30th, 2013 (03:54 PM).
Magnificent Turnip

I don't think they've made a fly Pokémon yet. I guess a narwhal or a swordfish would be pretty cool as maybe a water/fighting or water/steel type. They've done octopus, maybe have a Kraken of some kind. Haven't done a Pegasus, yet.

I did have the idea of a possessed suit of armour being ghost/steel or ghost/dark, but with the Pawniard and Honedge lines it's fairly covered. Would be cool to have more Steel type combos, although they're a little OP. (Steel/Ghost has no 4x weaknesses, two 2x weaknesses, four normally damaging, seven 0.5x resistances, one 0.25x resistance and three immunities. Wow.)

To be honest, there are few things left where it can't be argued they've covered in some way.

Old November 30th, 2013 (04:03 PM).
h e r o e s
CS

Nature: Naive
A pegasus would be wonderful. Flying/Fairy type!

paired to seeker
RPCPG

Old November 30th, 2013 (06:20 PM).
& having to receive it
Battle Server
CS

Quote originally posted by True Epicness:
I don't think they've made a fly Pokémon yet. I guess a narwhal or a swordfish would be pretty cool as maybe a water/fighting or water/steel type. They've done octopus, maybe have a Kraken of some kind. Haven't done a Pegasus, yet.
What about Yanma and Yanmega? They're both based on dragonfly, though, which is just a single type of fly. There's more variety of flies out there, though, so it'd be nice to see a few Pokémon inspired by them. (: And yes, a Pegasus Pokémon would definitely be awesome! Nearest thing we have to a Pegasus right now is Shaymin (sky). It's got the ability to fly, but it doesn't have wings, though, nor is it big enough.
Old November 30th, 2013 (07:41 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
A Swordfish, an Earthworm? Those would make for good pokemon I believe.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links