Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls
Reload this Page Anime Pokémon attacks VS Game Pokémon attacks

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

View Poll Results: what has better Pokémon attack animations?
The Anime 3 75.00%
The Games 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 29th, 2013 (01:31 PM).
Banned

Nature: Modest
what do you like better as for animation of Pokémon attacks? the attacks in the Anime or the attacks in the game?

I like both but I chose Anime because I like how fire attacks come from the Pokémon's mouth... plus I like the water attacks from there too because I have a thing where I want to drink that water
Old November 30th, 2013 (06:11 PM).
& having to receive it

Anime attacks and in-game attacks are all the same—their strength depend on the power of your Pokémon, some Pokémon can learn them and some can't, etc. etc. I like the ones in anime, though, as they have better effects.
Old December 1st, 2013 (12:45 AM).
the heroes of our time
CS

Nature: Naive
I think there's a rather big difference between attacks in the games and in the anime. The anime is, in ways, much more realistic about it. I'm talking battles overall though.

Both in the games and in the anime, one single move can sometimes OHKO a pokémon, whether it's super effective, just strong or the pokémon was in luck (critical hit). The anime helps you visualize what really happens when some moves are used. I like that they changed Ember to be really embers rather than small flames. And Confusion, I didn't understand how that worked until I saw Psyduck in the anime make its opponents stumble or accidentally hit themselves in confusion.

All in all, if there's something I still love watching in the anime, it's the big battles. The games, being turn based and all, can't be as vivid as the anime.

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old December 1st, 2013 (09:20 AM).
Adventurer

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Adventure:
I think there's a rather big difference between attacks in the games and in the anime. The anime is, in ways, much more realistic about it. I'm talking battles overall though.

Both in the games and in the anime, one single move can sometimes OHKO a pokémon, whether it's super effective, just strong or the pokémon was in luck (critical hit). The anime helps you visualize what really happens when some moves are used. I like that they changed Ember to be really embers rather than small flames. And Confusion, I didn't understand how that worked until I saw Psyduck in the anime make its opponents stumble or accidentally hit themselves in confusion.

All in all, if there's something I still love watching in the anime, it's the big battles. The games, being turn based and all, can't be as vivid as the anime.
I pretty much agreed with everything you said. Even in XY I still look at the moves going ( um... alright I guess that happens? ). The anime helps you visualize how pokemon are able to use moves and TMs rather than leaving it to your imagination on how it works.

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links