Go Back   The Pok√©Community Forums > Pok√©mon Discussions > Pok√©mon Anime

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old December 17th, 2003 (08:15 AM).
Porygon
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via ICQ to Porygon Send a message via AIM to Porygon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Porygon Send a message via Yahoo to Porygon
ÖDo you think it would be as popular as Pikachu? I mean, the main character's starter gets the most attention. There's probably more Pikachu toys out there than that of any other Pokťmon. Which leads me back to my previous thoughtÖ if it was a Porygon Ash started with, would Porygon be the most wellĖknown and popular Pokťmon, like Pikachu is now?
Old December 17th, 2003 (11:05 AM).
Timbjerr
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Theoretically, yes. But I think all pokťmon that any of the main characters have becomes popular automatically...kinda like Onix, Psyduck, Vulpix, Marill, Scyther, Charizard, Bayleef, Noctowl, Torchic, Staryu, Pigeotto...a least one main character from the show has owned at least one of those, and they are amoing the most popular pokťmon out there
Old December 22nd, 2003 (06:39 AM).
Arore
I Like to Kill Things

Ehhh...I don't know. I mean, no offense, but Porygon is not necessarily my favorite, but if it did stick around for 400 episodes like Pikachu then yes, it could become ultrapopular, or at least well known.
Old December 25th, 2003 (11:15 AM).
Ultimathunder
Ichiban Pokťmon Master

I don't know about that people might just be going around thinking that this should've been ash's first choice and stuff while now not many people complain...oh yeah for your news if you wanna know at first nintendo was actually choosing Clefairy as the first...they changed to Pikachu only near the end...
Old December 25th, 2003 (07:37 PM).
D.Bulbasaur
I came, I saw, I evolved

I loved Bulbasaur before the show, Pikachiu can kiss my Feebass, Charazarid can suck my psyduck, and of course Squirtle, you have the honor ofbuffing my primape, any questions, now go primape, psyduck, and feebas, uh feebass, move, get out there feebass, god you are as useless as magikarp
Old December 29th, 2003 (05:45 PM).
oni flygon
:)

hmm... maybe... But Pikachu is already popular as heck before the anime. Theroethicaly, where do you think Ash had the idea of not evolving Pikachu? From the manga. See all of Red's Pokemon? All evolved except for Pika. All the glory of Pikchu started way back before the anime. Well, Pika isn't actually Red's first Pokemon btw...

Pocket Monsters Special!
Old January 3rd, 2004 (12:08 PM).
Pokemaster10000

Send a message via AIM to Pokemaster10000 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pokemaster10000
Quote originally posted by Porygon:
ÖDo you think it would be as popular as Pikachu? I mean, the main character's starter gets the most attention. There's probably more Pikachu toys out there than that of any other Pokťmon. Which leads me back to my previous thoughtÖ if it was a Porygon Ash started with, would Porygon be the most wellĖknown and popular Pokťmon, like Pikachu is now?
I know Pikachu is popular. But how come Ash isn't? :\
Old January 3rd, 2004 (12:08 PM).
oni flygon

Ash is popular as heck... But his popularity is so huge, people mistake Red for Ash ... XP

Pocket Monsters Special!
Old January 3rd, 2004 (01:50 PM).
Pokemaster10000

Send a message via AIM to Pokemaster10000 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pokemaster10000
Red is another name for name for Ash right?
Old January 3rd, 2004 (01:55 PM).
oni flygon

umm.. no... That's what I'm talking about... Red is Red!

Red is older, maturer, and has fully evolved Pokemon with him. Red is the main character of Volumes 1-3 of Pokemon Special manga.

Pocket Monsters Special!
Old January 31st, 2004 (06:28 AM).
Shining_Latios
Hacker for Team Magma

red was based upon ash and if pory gon was a starter the series would flop cuz we'd all be dead or rolling on the floor with seizures **remembers havoc caused by porygon ep...**
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links